It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:34 pm 

I HAVE A TOOLBOX FULL OF ACRONYMS PEOPLE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:03 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
I had to run out on an errand. Put on 670. I think they're gaslighting us--telling us not to believe what we see with our own eyes. The party line today is that yesterday was Getsy's fault. But two fumbles and 12 points? Fields plays a role in this, too.

Kurt Warner was on, and he was much more honest in his assessment--basically he needs to see more success with "chunk" plays and not just QB runs and screens. Reading between the lines, he either thinks the coaching staff doesn't have confidence in Fields to throw mid-range passes, or Fields himself doesn't like/cannot make those throws.

But if Fields' "good" games are any indication, is that what you really want to watch for the next 5 years at QB? A running back at QB that puts up 12 points and less than 200 yards passing. We should expect more.

Who makes the play calls? Who calls all of those stupid screens? WHo stops running the ball and do play action off of them? Yeah, I expect more. FROM THE DAMNED OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR. By the way, where is the proof that Fields cannot make throws accurately when provided a reasonable amount of time?

Watch the all-22. You'll see Fields drop back, go through his progession, ignore open receivers, spin around a few times, then either tuck and run, get sacked or run in circles until a receiver gets wide-ass open enough for him to decide to finally throw the damn ball.
I don't think he CAN'T make the throws. He just doesn't throw the ball.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
WestmontMike wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
I had to run out on an errand. Put on 670. I think they're gaslighting us--telling us not to believe what we see with our own eyes. The party line today is that yesterday was Getsy's fault. But two fumbles and 12 points? Fields plays a role in this, too.

Kurt Warner was on, and he was much more honest in his assessment--basically he needs to see more success with "chunk" plays and not just QB runs and screens. Reading between the lines, he either thinks the coaching staff doesn't have confidence in Fields to throw mid-range passes, or Fields himself doesn't like/cannot make those throws.

But if Fields' "good" games are any indication, is that what you really want to watch for the next 5 years at QB? A running back at QB that puts up 12 points and less than 200 yards passing. We should expect more.

Who makes the play calls? Who calls all of those stupid screens? WHo stops running the ball and do play action off of them? Yeah, I expect more. FROM THE DAMNED OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR. By the way, where is the proof that Fields cannot make throws accurately when provided a reasonable amount of time?

Watch the all-22. You'll see Fields drop back, go through his progession, ignore open receivers, spin around a few times, then either tuck and run, get sacked or run in circles until a receiver gets wide-ass open enough for him to decide to finally throw the damn ball.
I don't think he CAN'T make the throws. He just doesn't throw the ball.

Exactly. It's like an MLB hitter who looks like a stud in the batting cage and has all the "tools"...except for the critical skill of knowing when to swing. But unlike baseball, where the batter stands alone and takes the blame for his performance, in the NFL, every area from coaching to o-line to receivers can be rationalized for the QB's shortcomings.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:36 pm 

He sucks. He fucking sucks. If I can see it it's bad. Real fucking bad.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:41 pm 

Dan Wiederer made an interesting comparison with this Vikings game to a 2019 game vs Denver. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky pretty much stunk the whole game, finished with 0 TDs and 0 INTs and under 200 yards, but made a big throw to Allen Robinson in the last-minute drive, and Eddy Piniero kicked the FG to win. In the end, that game meant absolutely nothing for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's career.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:22 pm 

The eye test and I have contacts. Justin fields blows.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
vitoscotti wrote:
What's interesting about Fields lack of passing success is his running ability makes defenses cheat to combat his running theoretically opening up more passing opportunities. And he still can't find open receivers holding on to the ball too long. If he was an immobile QB his passing numbers would be quite a bit worse. Many of the elite QBs aren't blessed with being elite runners in their arsenal like him.

There were a few instances where Fields dopped back then stepped up in the pocket and hit his running back or tight end for big gains. The announcers pointed that out and wondered why he didn't do that more?

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Rosenbloom asked Hub you can only keep one. Fields or Eberflus? Larry Holmes wouldn't be happy with the answer.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:21 pm 

Fields isn't the answer but there are teams trotting out worse this week across NFL. Which makes me think you can get something in a trade.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:28 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Fields isn't the answer but there are teams trotting out worse this week across NFL. Which makes me think you can get something in a trade.

I’ve probably resigned myself to the idea that Fields probably isn’t a top 10 NFL QB.

That said with the Getsy play calling the downfield attempts just aren’t there.

Like if Getsy calls another screen pass this season he should be fired mid game. I can throw a fucking screen pass, force Fields to throw downfield so we know for certain he isn’t the answer.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Getsy is definitely a part of the problem with the offense.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:39 pm 

One Post wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

I’ve probably resigned myself to the idea that Fields probably isn’t a top 10 NFL QB.

That said with the Getsy play calling the downfield attempts just aren’t there.

Like if Getsy calls another screen pass this season he should be fired mid game. I can throw a fucking screen pass, force Fields to throw downfield so we know for certain he isn’t the answer.

That is solid thinking. You'd think that it should be automatic for a coach to want to know what a quarterback can do or not do UNDER LIVE GAME CONDITIONS, RIGHT? I've been waiting for two years now to have Fields go through a real NFL playbook. It just doesn't make sense to me why the GM hasn't himself put the coaches on the carpet and demanded that they test Fields with a legit play book?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:28 pm 

Nas wrote:

Perhaps, but we aren’t in the practices, where Fields is probably demonstrating why it’s a mistake to call passes downfield. There’s no way Getsy isn’t hearing the criticism and I’ll bet when he is gone, we’ll hear the truth.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Nas wrote:

Perhaps, but we aren’t in the practices, where Fields is probably demonstrating why it’s a mistake to call passes downfield. There’s no way Getsy isn’t hearing the criticism and I’ll bet when he is gone, we’ll hear the truth.

Yeah, you're right.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:09 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Nas wrote:

Downfield passing has been Fields' one strength since he came to the NFL. Prior to this season, he really couldn't throw screens at all. He's still not that great at them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:18 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Nas wrote:

Downfield passing has been Fields' one strength since he came to the NFL. Prior to this season, he really couldn't throw screens at all. He's still not that great at them.

He's always been afraid to throw over the middle downfield because he doesn't trust his eyes. If he misses to the sidelines, it's likely just an incompletion.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:41 am 

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Nas wrote:

He's always been afraid to throw over the middle downfield because he doesn't trust his eyes. If he misses to the sidelines, it's likely just an incompletion.

This. DJ has definitely made him a more confident passer but he still just doesn't trust. He needs some Sean McGuire type therapist to break him of that. Who hurt you Justin?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:42 am 

conns7901 wrote:

I think this board is way off on their estimation of his value. If they put him on the market, I think they not only get a first rounder back but additional value as well.

The entire NFC South (excepting our carolina panthers) is both in need of a qb and too good to be able to draft in the top part of the round. That's just one division.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
conns7901 wrote:

I think this is true, I just dont think it is as much as you hope it would be. Some team would definitely take a shot on him and design an offense around him that fully utilizes his running ability until he gets hurt. Scouts and GM's around the league know his passing weaknesses by this point and aren't giving up a 1st or a 2nd or any combo of the two to get him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:52 am 
1000 CLUB

I tend to think that a first is out of the question, but a middle or low second-round pick may be possible.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I suppose if a team had an abundance of picks in the early rounds they would part with an extra 2nd round pick. I don't think a team with only their picks would sacrifice a first or second to get him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:41 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

I think this board is way off on their estimation of his value. If they put him on the market, I think they not only get a first rounder back but additional value as well.

The entire NFC South (excepting our carolina panthers) is both in need of a qb and too good to be able to draft in the top part of the round. That's just one division.

If they decide to move on, I hope that you are right.

Think about it. The Bears gave away the Lions and Broncos games, and would be tied for a wild card spot right now if they had won those games.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:47 am 
1000 CLUB

Fields has something like 30 NFL starts and still can't see WIDE OPEN receivers most of the time, turns structured offenses into playground ball with frequently disastrous results, and is absolutely abysmal in obvious passing situations (such as the 4th quarter when the Bears are trailing).

He is not a quarterback, he is a disjointed collection of traits.

It would take an absolute fool to give up a first-round pick for him. Fortunately, Ryan Pace is looming in the distance, but he is sadly not the decision-maker for the Falcons.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
A franchise quarterback, once he has settled down after a half season/season of being in the league, makes the coaches look good and the players around him look better. The argument for getting better coaches and players to place around Fields is absolutely ridiculous. Even when he doesnt suck he is a major injury liability. They are absolutely moving on from him and are showcasing anything they can in order get the best deal. The media are the only ones in his corner for god knows what reason.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:18 am 

i think because he's from ohio state and appeared to be the next p mahomes. we know hes not but he does appear to be and people are fucking stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:41 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Fields has something like 30 NFL starts and still can't see WIDE OPEN receivers most of the time, turns structured offenses into playground ball with frequently disastrous results, and is absolutely abysmal in obvious passing situations (such as the 4th quarter when the Bears are trailing).

He is not a quarterback, he is a disjointed collection of traits.

It would take an absolute fool to give up a first-round pick for him. Fortunately, Ryan Pace is looming in the distance, but he is sadly not the decision-maker for the Falcons.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

There will be people who look at his last 17 starts and see greatness.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:48 am 
1000 CLUB

I hope you are right, but I doubt it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I’m starting to assume no material changes to QB/coaching staff next year so that I guard myself against disappointment.

Poles will trade back into the mid-teens, draft a center and off we go.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:03 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I’m starting to assume no material changes to QB/coaching staff next year so that I guard myself against disappointment.

Poles will trade back into the mid-teens, draft a center and off we go.

I wouldn't be surprised if Luke Getsy is the lone sacrifice this year. They can get two #1's this year AND next year with a trade down.
If it doesn't work next year, the incoming general manager and head coach walk in the door with two first round picks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:24 pm 

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Nas wrote:

I don't know if he doesn't trust his eyes necessarily. that might be true or maybe he may just come off of an open receiver if there is another guy who has a better position to score on the play. I'm not sure what it is. It also may just be the learning curve for the quarterback.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 146  Next