It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
The most annoying thing about this show is the monday after bad bears losses. Dan is at his best when venting about an awful bears game, but larry and leila lobotomize the whole thing and you're left with some limp dicked toothless waste of time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
T-Bone wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Leila went off on a rant about how stupid it is to have a real xmas tree.
She doesn't understand it.
They're cutting down all these trees!!!
and there could be wildlife hiding inside of them!

even Dan and Larry stopped her to let her know that they're grown specifically to be cut for xmas trees, but she said she didn't care and double down.

I happened to hear this as I was pulling back into the parking lot at work after lunch. I thought she used to only be on once a week but she seems to be in there almost every day now. Ugh...

Always find it interesting when someone spews a take that is so intellectually inept that begin to question any and every take they give you on everything.

If someone lacks basic understanding and comprehension of simply things how can they formulate a though on anything.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
TriColoredPastas wrote:
The most annoying thing about this show is the monday after bad bears losses. Dan is at his best when venting about an awful bears game, but larry and leila lobotomize the whole thing and you're left with some limp dicked toothless waste of time.

LoHo sucks the air out of everything.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:28 pm 

Dan would never admit it but you can tell he has a silent disdain for leila's dumbass thoughts. Throughout his career you would never catch more than a second of dead air on his shows, because he knows that is bad radio. Terry, goff, mcdoink, holmes, no dead air. But if it's just him and leila you will find multiple instances of completely dead air, like 6 seconds at a time. She throws the show off so often for no reason.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

I agree. Dan doesn’t like Leila. He doesn’t like Larry either cuz Larry just rips his style offBut when it comes to work Dan is good about going along to get along. He’s smart that way. He wants to keep this Cush job as long as he can. I can see him doing this into his 70s.

Leila and Larry have no idea he doesn’t like them

He doesn’t want to cause problems.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:17 am 

Beardown wrote:
It was a planed “you’re a racist” attack. Cuz who in Chicago cares about Carr and what he has to say about the eagles for Christ sake? And Dan had carr’s middle name at the ready to punctuate Larry’s assertion.

It’s really quite something what they do.

Carr is an outspoken christian, just sayin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:22 am 

Bagels wrote:

even Dan and Larry stopped her to let her know that they're grown specifically to be cut for xmas trees, but she said she didn't care and double down.

I believe Leila pre plans her rants, including drafting the entire statement with points of emphasis bolded

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: Gem City
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Dan would never admit it but you can tell he has a silent disdain for leila's dumbass thoughts. Throughout his career you would never catch more than a second of dead air on his shows, because he knows that is bad radio. Terry, goff, mcdoink, holmes, no dead air. But if it's just him and leila you will find multiple instances of completely dead air, like 6 seconds at a time. She throws the show off so often for no reason.

Could be the 3 person show that changes the pace. I remember Mac saying it took some time to get used to it when MJH began. Making sure they weren’t talking over each other, yet also getting air time leads to pauses. In a 2 person dynamic you know whose turn it is and when. Adding a 3rd yakker once a week makes it difficult to find that rhythm.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Gem City
good dolphin wrote:
Bagels wrote:

I believe Leila pre plans her rants, including drafting the entire statement with points of emphasis bolded

I agree with that. It often sounds like she is trying to sound angry about a topic but it just sounds like a lot of forced yelling.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:33 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Bagels wrote:

I agree with that. It often sounds like she is trying to sound angry about a topic but it just sounds like a lot of forced yelling.

One could argue that the biggest issue with the station today is that most of the hosts lack the depth of knowledge and interest to pull of a daily local sports talk radio show. You can feign interest and passion for a bit, but the host eventually gets exposed to long time fans and most of them lose interest in the show.

Much easier for the host just to play the hits by re-reading tweets and manufacturing crafted angry responses to the SJW causes of the day than actually watch games and form unique thought on what you see.

Would say that the vast majority of the hosts on WSCR know nothing about football which makes it difficult for any of them to form a unique thought and impossible to defend their takes if questioned by callers, so you get slow moving and boring shows with the stereotypical daily SJW Defense League approved thoughts of the day spewed out by goofs that do not even understand the rather basic concept of the Christmas tree industry.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
denisdman wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Bigger media personalities/outlets do the evil of what Larry and Bernstein did here. Mitch Rosen needs to check these guys but he’s to stupid to understand what they just did. Mitch doesn’t like confrontation either cuz he knows he’s stupid. It was contrived though. It’s not like this discussion just happened naturally. They planned to call this guy a racist knowing they had no evidence and willfully mislead the audience. Sickening.

Their job (and Mitch’s) is to get you to listen. They are clearly successful at that.

Not in my case. Wouldn't listen to Bernstein on a dare. I have no time for someone who only has contempt for their audience. Every time I turn on any show on the score, very few times are they talking sports.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Bagels wrote:

I've gotten that impression as well.

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Clawmaster wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Bagels wrote:

One could argue that the biggest issue with the station today is that most of the hosts lack the depth of knowledge and interest to pull of a daily local sports talk radio show. You can feign interest and passion for a bit, but the host eventually gets exposed to long time fans and most of them lose interest in the show.

Much easier for the host just to play the hits by re-reading tweets and manufacturing crafted angry responses to the SJW causes of the day than actually watch games and form unique thought on what you see.

Would say that the vast majority of the hosts on WSCR know nothing about football which makes it difficult for any of them to form a unique thought and impossible to defend their takes if questioned by callers, so you get slow moving and boring shows with the stereotypical daily SJW Defense League approved thoughts of the day spewed out by goofs that do not even understand the rather basic concept of the Christmas tree industry.

For hosts like Bernstein I see the laziness when it comes to baseball more than football etc. There is no way in hell he watches out of town baseball and very few times is he watching entire Chicago games. I believe this is why he grasped onto and continues so strongly on the advanced metrics. He can evaluate what he wants without actual viewer eyes. Less with the all 22 in football and next gen as he like to watch some but same thing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:32 am 

pittmike wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Bagels wrote:

For hosts like Bernstein I see the laziness when it comes to baseball more than football etc. There is no way in hell he watches out of town baseball and very few times is he watching entire Chicago games. I believe this is why he grasped onto and continues so strongly on the advanced metrics. He can evaluate what he wants without actual viewer eyes. Less with the all 22 in football and next gen as he like to watch some but same thing.

Anyone that knew anything about baseball could see the issues with the Sox after watching a game or two.

To say the team was terrible defensively would have been an insult to bad defensive teams, they were apathetic defensively at key spots.

No real team offense concept, no moving runners, just guy after guy trying to pull the ball, very easy to pitch to the team, guy got themselves out.

It was a painful team to watch, but you instead heard about spin rate and launch angle, a lazy way to analyze the game rather than call out the key players who were stealing money.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:06 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

Could be the 3 person show that changes the pace. I remember Mac saying it took some time to get used to it when MJH began. Making sure they weren’t talking over each other, yet also getting air time leads to pauses. In a 2 person dynamic you know whose turn it is and when. Adding a 3rd yakker once a week makes it difficult to find that rhythm.

It happens constantly when its just dan and leila. Occasionally with dan and larry.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Larry Holmes shows a lot of frustration with Bernstein which is odd because they agree on almost everything.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
vitoscotti wrote:
Larry Holmes shows a lot of frustration with Bernstein which is odd because they agree on almost everything.

Something that the Score has done well, or at least done often, is a brand of meta-contrarianism: they defy your expectations by taking conventional positions. Child rape: we've thought about it, and we're here to tell you it's bad. You know that guy LeBron James? Well, he's really good! The embattled quarterback of the local football team: well, we support him, not sure who out there wouldn't. This was even at the very structure of Boers & Bernstein, a sports talk radio show where the two hosts had nothing to disagree about.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
It’s quite the opposite of ESPN tv and national programming where every show seems to have two guys taking opposing positions.

What has always bothered me is that when a caller disagrees with them, they are automatically an idiot or meatball.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:46 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
denisdman wrote:
It’s quite the opposite of ESPN tv and national programming where every show seems to have two guys taking opposing positions.

What has always bothered me is that when a caller disagrees with them, they are automatically an idiot or meatball.

I think that is a pretty bad part. By extension callers are us so we are all idiots then.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
B & B called their listeners "r*tards" which is how my moniker came about.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:24 am 

denisdman wrote:

Careful, the very thought of having a caller disagree with a host terrifies some of the board members, maybe this should go to a safe space section of the board to protect the more sensitive board members.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:35 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Careful, the very thought of having a caller disagree with a host terrifies some of the board members, maybe this should go to a safe space section of the board to protect the more sensitive board members.

What the fuck are you talking about?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:45 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Go back and read some of the posts i/c/w callers and on air disagreements. It scares some posters who cannot understand grown ass adults disagreeing on or calling each other out for bad sports thoughts. I think a few posters do not want callers at all because it apparently scares them to hear people argue points on the air.

Surprising that you have not followed this before, are you new to the group?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Larry Holmes doing an Arnold Schwarzenegger impression during a pajamagram commercial. A portly black guy who looks Chinese doing an Austrian.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:28 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Go back and read some of the posts i/c/w callers and on air disagreements. It scares some posters who cannot understand grown ass adults disagreeing on or calling each other out for bad sports thoughts. I think a few posters do not want callers at all because it apparently scares them to hear people argue points on the air.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:53 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
denisdman wrote:

LOL, keep doing what your doing bro, your obtuseness is somewhat entertaining.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:07 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
denisdman wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Clawmaster wrote:

It’s a case of a completely accurate screen name.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Clawmaster wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Douchebag wrote:

Douchebag wrote:
Great show today!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

From my observations, I still find it very strange that the show that needs to agree on nearly every topic discussed. That's probably more of a Holmes thing where he likes to pre-plan every show so every topic has been discussed off-air first.

From there, Rahimi is VERY bad with a sense of self-entitlement, but is given a complete free pass because she's a woman. Lots of opinions that are based on incorrect facts. Also, we know she is the hardest worker ever. It's mentioned every show that she has to do her 2 minute sportscast and go to other job....anyways, pretty awful opinions for someone who counts watching Bulls games as her job and likes to remind the audience how much she works.

This week, Bernstein, the guy who references sample size quite often, has declared the Bulls a better team with Zach after 1 or 2 games. Also, speculated that Zach's injury was made up.

Bernstein should have to put out a disclaimer that he speculates/bullshits on pretty much everything he says, but likes to cushion it in his sources, spider sense for reporting, intimate knowledge of every team....It's pretty much every topic where you have to listen closely to how much of what he is saying is just made up.

Meanwhile, they can't stay out of the far left lane...They both think it's crazy that conservatives don't want transgender people using the same bathrooms....Hilarious out far out there they are on pretty much every political topic. Again, for two people who like to come across as insiders and smart, they usually do the opposite....Almost forgot that we're back to going after Elon Musk now for his anti-Israel comments, but Bernstein has nothing to say about the issue within his own party. Interesting how that works.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 94  Next