It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
vitoscotti wrote:
Mitch vs Fields as starters would be an interesting matchup.

The Fields Cult would never admit to Mitch being just as good ( as well as their casual racism) because Fields “ looks the part” better.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The screen plays last week were all on Fields. He checked to them.

https://youtu.be/syK_baC1uNY?si=4nU0aLPwGwaUa_Ip

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
The most disturbing thing about Mitch is that he has never been able to learn how to read defenses despite playing for numerous coaching staffs, Fields shows many of the same traits, it seems no matter what you do you cannot coach guys up, they are who they are.

The question is will Maye or Willams be able to come in and process the fact that the dude standing 10 yards away wide open is the best option against the coverage he is seeing or will he try to force the ball like Mitch, or hold the ball and take a sack like Fields.

That said, the Jets, Giants, Pats, Steelers, Panthers, and Browns would all love to have Fields right now. He would seem to be able to garner a second round pick given the dearth of QB talent.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:15 am 

Is there anything Fields can do that would make you keep him, now that the top pick is becoming a reality?

I'm still a Fields guy, but I don't think so. It's just too unique an opportunity and Poles already passed on a class of what is looking like some pretty good QB.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
good dolphin wrote:
Is there anything Fields can do that would make you keep him, now that the top pick is becoming a reality?

I'm still a Fields guy, but I don't think so. It's just too unique an opportunity and Poles already passed on a class of what is looking like some pretty good QB.

I think the value of a good QB on a “rookie deal” forces the move to trade Fields and draft a new one. While Williams may not be the next Mahommes, at worst he’s on par with Fields and you buy yourself some cap space.

I actually think the best thing for Fields himself is to move on to a new city where he’d have renewed support. If he gets a big contract here and is mediocre, the fans will turn on him. He’d be the Bear’s version of Jayson Heyward.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:34 am 

good dolphin wrote:

I don't see how Poles can risk being the GM to pass on Stroud and another potential franchise QB. He has to use a pick to take a top QB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:35 am 

good dolphin wrote:

I don't see how Poles can risk being the GM to pass on Stroud and another potential franchise QB. He has to use a pick to take a top QB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:04 am 
100000 CLUB

The Bears rookie quarterback will have far better offensive talent than Fields or (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky inherited. The coach and OC are the most important ingredient to his success.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Adding a WR like Harrison, a quality center and LT almost QB proofs this offense.

The Niners are a great example of how an average QB can thrive when he has talent around him.

Interesting how the book on Mitch and Fields are similar, make them read zone coverages and see guys settling into open areas in zones, neither guy can do this and everyone knows it, so you really limit what you can do, both guys seem to give up when the first read is not there and start getting happy feet in the pocket which creates late and inaccurate throws because they do not reset their feet.

Great example this season of a guy who could see where the ball should go, but lacked an NFL arm in Bagent and a guy with an NFL arm who could make the throw, but cannot see where the ball should go in Fields.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

The key word, though, is POTENTIAL. There is no quarterback in college right now who is anywhere near a sure thing to become a "franchise quarterback". We know right now a lot more about Field's ability than we do about the rookie qb class next season and beyond. right? I think that at minimum he will be an average quarterback and if coached correctly and set up with an offense that can support his ability,can be a good quarterback. I'd say that they should do the samrt thing and take the sure thing rather than set themselves up for another long delay in getting into the play-offs.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:
The Bears rookie quarterback will have far better offensive talent than Fields or (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky inherited. The coach and OC are the most important ingredient to his success.

That is very true.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:19 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

The key word, though, is POTENTIAL. There is no quarterback in college right now who is anywhere near a sure thing to become a "franchise quarterback". We know right now a lot more about Field's ability than we do about the rookie qb class next season and beyond. right? I think that at minimum he will be an average quarterback and if coached correctly and set up with an offense that can support his ability,can be a good quarterback. I'd say that they should do the samrt thing and take the sure thing rather than set themselves up for another long delay in getting into the play-offs.

Well thankfully you are not the one making decisions at Halas hall.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:29 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Hawk = Jerry Angelo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I’ve come around to the best thing is to trade Fields and start over. If for no other reason than resetting on a rookie contract.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:38 pm 

If they decide to take a QB in the first round then they have to trade Fields.

In regard to using the picks in the 1st they have to decide if they believe one of the QBs is a no brainer at 1.

Or they could take Harrision Jr at 1 and go with the best available QB with the 2nd pick.

I have went back and forth on this. But I think at the end of the day you have to take the biggest swing possible at getting a franchise QB. So that means they take a QB with the 1st pick and then the best overall guy on the board with the 2nd pick.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:05 pm 

RFDC wrote:

In regard to using the picks in the 1st they have to decide if they believe one of the QBs is a no brainer at 1.

Or they could take Harrision Jr at 1 and go with the best available QB with the 2nd pick.

I have went back and forth on this. But I think at the end of the day you have to take the biggest swing possible at getting a franchise QB. So that means they take a QB with the 1st pick and then the best overall guy on the board with the 2nd pick.

I want them to trade out of the 1st and take the best available QB between Williams, Maye and Nix that is left.

Do not want them to blow their load at #1, when we have MANY needs to fill. and another high 1st round pick to play with.

You do however need to draft one of the big three at QB.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Juiced wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I want them to trade out of the 1st and take the best available QB between Williams, Maye and Nix that is left.

Do not want them to blow their load at #1, when we have MANY needs to fill. and another high 1st round pick to play with.

You do however need to draft one of the big three at QB.

You gotta take the foolproof pick at 1. Thats Harrison .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
RFDC wrote:

I'd be stunned if they went WR then QB. That's a huge risk and they would (deservedly) get killed if they missed on a stud. The difference between the top WR and the 2nd or 3rd best is not significant enough to warrant that kind of move.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Harrison is the surest thing in the draft. I take him and then grab whatever QB is best with the next pick. None of these QB’s look sure enough to pass on MHJ.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:40 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Harrison is the surest thing in the draft. I take him and then grab whatever QB is best with the next pick. None of these QB’s look sure enough to pass on MHJ.

Any top 10 WR is pretty much a sure thing. A QB is so much more important and it's the GM's job to figure out which one is the best to lead the franchise. I get why there would be skepticism about that given the Bears history, but getting that right is by far the single biggest factor in becoming a SB contender. There's a reason there have only been 3 Wrs picked that high in the modern era.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Any top 10 WR is pretty much a sure thing. A QB is so much more important and it's the GM's job to figure out which one is the best to lead the franchise. I get why there would be skepticism about that given the Bears history, but getting that right is by far the single biggest factor in becoming a SB contender. There's a reason there have only been 3 Wrs picked that high in the modern era.

We haven't had success drafting the quarterback or the receiver.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Any top 10 WR is pretty much a sure thing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:50 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Any top 10 WR is pretty much a sure thing.

Of course there have been mistakes...that why I wrote "pretty much". I would still venture that the scouts get WR & O-linemen right in the 1st round at a higher rate than any other position perhaps other than that now rarely selected RB.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:51 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:51 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:52 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:52 pm 

This guy drank more than pittmike!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:53 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:53 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:54 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 146  Next