It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
isn't Caleb Williams black ? If it was a Brett Favre type coming to replace Fields it'd be different.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I think his mom is Latinaox

If he has a polish guy somewhere in his background, he’ll check all the boxes for Chicago.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Bagels wrote:
yes we know i posted about it yesterday
Thanks! Vigilant monitoring the integrity of a message board thread is message board leadership.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:13 am 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
It is ridiculous to pretend hat they are doing these things regarding Fields. It just is what it is. I just do not still get the why. Even if they are trying to do a job on supposed racists none have shown up to play with them on their only connection, X. They don't take calls so they don't even realize a troll show doesn't even get a payoff.

I think part of the reason is that their show has taken such a turn for social justice, etc. that this is now just a cause for them. I do think it's pretty clear, based on their own comments though, why they are so defensive of Fields.

It's ok to like Fields or even think he can still be the QB of the future, it's just that they tend to argue that he has little/no responsibility for the performance. Holmes even takes it to the next level where Fields would be a star in other teams offenses.

Again, fine to like Fields. It's ridiculous to absolve him and then suggest people have racist motives if they don't like his style of play or performance.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:14 am 
1000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:
isn't Caleb Williams black ? If it was a Brett Favre type coming to replace Fields it'd be different.

Fans are racist. They only want the current guy out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:25 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Bagels wrote:
yes we know i posted about it yesterday
Thanks! Vigilant monitoring the integrity of a message board thread is message board leadership.

glad you caught up to what the rest of us were talking about 24 hours ago

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Laurence doesn't know innyone who prepeers an argument better than Leila.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tad Queasy wrote:

If he's getting his arguments from her, that explains a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
She singlehandedly obliterated the idea of fresh Christmas trees last week. What's she gonna take an intellectual wrecking ball to this week?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:01 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:

"we're such good friends. I wouldn't want to ruin that so I hereby withdraw my name from consideration for dating."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:21 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

"we're such good friends. I wouldn't want to ruin that so I hereby withdraw my name from consideration for dating."

Is that an actual quote?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Is that an actual quote?

No way. He goes out of his way to describe her as a sister and great friend.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
B & L are shell shocked by the whipping they took from Dan Wiederer. Not one Fields question during a 20+ minute Patrick Mannelly interview. Mannelly brought up Fields poor play but B & L changed the subject.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
I wonder what changed in Dan's thinking that has created such a stark contrast between the insulting paternalism with which he discussed Derrick Rose, and the fawning patronization he uses to discuss Justin Fields?

Bernstein never would have tried to excuse or gloss over something like Derrick having to have the playbook dumbed down for him in his 3rd year, or calling out coaching/management for making him feel uncomfortable.

I've never once been asked to imagine being Justin Fields's boss.

I think Bears fandom is more racially charged than it's ever been in our lives, way more than it ever was when the coach himself was black. It starts with the stadium issue. You have a pretty vocal contingent of Bears fans who want the team in Arlington Heights not because it's easier to drive there from Glenview (considering Euclid Avenue, debatable) but because it hurts Chicago. It punishes Chicago for Lori Lightfoot and Brandon Johnson and "flash mobs" and feral "teens." They want to see the city suffer and then revel in that suffering: look what you made us get to do to you.

The media class, of course, has been all over the Fields cause to a pretty embarrassing extent, but I don't think we get here without elevated racial tension in general and specifically around the future of the whole franchise. When you get Jason Goff, Sam Fels, and Twitter supernumeraries trying to be noticed by Jason Goff and Sam Fels all going "I hope Justin Fields goes to another team and SHOVES IT DOWN YOUR FUCKING THROATS FOR NOT BELIEVING IN HIM," well, this is just their frustration that Fields was unable to shove anything down anyone's throats here: namely, the media's hope that the first great quarterback the Bears have had in ages would finally be a black guy, and every Bears fan from [insert suburb or Mount Greenwood], the very same ones who want the team to go to Arlington Heights, would have no choice but to Appreciate his Greatness. Unfortunately, Fields has spent every fourth quarter violently shitting all over himself, so there just hasn't been as much Greatness to Appreciate as anyone would like.

But this sort of loyalty to one person over the team has never existed in my recollection, not for Urlacher, not for Jay Cutler, not for Lovie, and not even for Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, whom Parkins couldn't stop sucking off for years. No one has said they're going to be a Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky fan no matter where life takes them. But that's what Twitter has decided, and Senor is too old and bored and tenuously employed not to just go with it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Yup, that’s what my guy said too.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I think viewing Fields through a racial lens is more of a media practice than a fan practice. I would say that just about every Bears fan, even someone like Brouge, wanted Fields to succeed. This whole Bernstein thing is just explained by the emergence of wokeness in the years since Derrick Rose was a hot topic and Dan's ever present desire to be on the "right side of history."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

That story that Bernstein keeps peddling about the day Fields was told by a PR Staffer to "apologize/change" his statements regarding the offense being so robotic....

According to Bernstein, Fields was told he was being "uppity" and the Bears/coaching staff wanted him to be "put in his space - h needed to apologize and rephrase has comments. Even Laurence Holmes, a race grifter, said that the word "uppity" was not used and Bernstein went on to say that this was essentially a black man being put into his place by the Chicago Bears. Hilarious that Bernstein and Holmes have the same source on this story - obviously an unnamed PR person.

In that conversation, even Holmes was uncomfortable with Bernstein's comments, even though in that conversation, but he didn't tell Bernstein he was full of shit, etc. and went along with the overall racial context that Bernstein invented out of thin air.

This was that show, led by Bernstein, advancing a race agenda on something that did NOT happen, but Bernstein doesn't care because he wants to make the Fields story about race and his partner is happy to oblige on anything he says.

That is this show. It has an agenda and it pushes untrue garbage.

Same spin with the Getsy nonsense. Getsy is probably going to get fired after this season. According to this show, Getsy is sabotaging Fields because he doesn't play within the game plan. Also implications that race may be a factor.

None of this makes any sense either - Getsy is going to get fired if the offense/QB don't succeed. He was being named a potential head coach before the season. He decided he would rather play the backup QB because he doesn't go outside the game plan even though everyone says the backup isn't really any good.

Both of these guys like to pretend they are the smartest people in the room. Nonsense. Just race grifters peddling a bunch of made up stories to push social justince nonsense.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
He’s right you know.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:09 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:
I think viewing Fields through a racial lens is more of a media practice than a fan practice. I would say that just about every Bears fan, even someone like Brouge, wanted Fields to succeed. This whole Bernstein thing is just explained by the emergence of wokeness in the years since Derrick Rose was a hot topic and Dan's ever present desire to be on the "right side of history."

I agree that fans aren't viewing Fields through a racial lens, but media members are. Many fans are viewing the stadium issue through a racial lens, however.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:29 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

I agree that fans aren't viewing Fields through a racial lens, but media members are. Many fans are viewing the stadium issue through a racial lens, however.

I kinda want to see it happen , just so the people who’s life purpose it is to define who is and isn’t properly from Chicago demand they be called the Arlington Heights Bears

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:31 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

The stadium is a weird subject but racial I haven’t heard. Seems hating the family and park district making stupid deals thing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:51 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
pittmike wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

The stadium is a weird subject but racial I haven’t heard. Seems hating the family and park district making stupid deals thing.

Leaving the city is why it's racial to some.

Has nothing to do with leaving a shitty stadium, a shitty stadium deal and an even shittier revenue sharing deal.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:03 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

There's a lot of "finally I'll be able go to a game and not fear for my life" posting if you're looking at the dregs of Facebook/Twitter. "Finally the Bears will get out of SHITcago!", say so-called Bears fans who fucked off to Nashville.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

There's a lot of "finally I'll be able go to a game and not fear for my life" posting if you're looking at the dregs of Facebook/Twitter. "Finally the Bears will get out of SHITcago!", say so-called Bears fans who fucked off to Nashville.

Or maybe the fans just want a nice, comfortable stadium in which to watch a game with ample parking that isn't a bitch to get to and that you have to seemingly walk forever to get into. And maybe they want a stadium that might generate some much needed revenue for a franchise that desperately needs it to compete in the modern NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

Or maybe the fans just want a nice, comfortable stadium in which to watch a game with ample parking that isn't a bitch to get to and that you have to seemingly walk forever to get into. And maybe they want a stadium that might generate some much needed revenue for a franchise that desperately needs it to compete in the modern NFL.

The Bears don't suck because they have a shitty stadium deal. They suck because they are run by people who have no understanding of football despite being born into football royalty.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:49 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Bernsie was almost giddy a few weeks back when the widely reported article on migration out of Texas came out. Welp, new census data was released. Here is your population change over the last year,

“Top gainers included medium and small states like South Carolina (1.7%) and Idaho (1.3%), and large ones like Florida, which grew 1.6%, and Texas, increasing by 1.6%. Eight states lost population, down from 19 the previous year. Losing the most in percentage terms: New York (down 0.5%) and Louisiana (dropped 0.3%). California, the nation’s most populous state, lost about 0.2%.”

And I guess if weather was the primary reason to move, CA and LA would not lose population to TX and FL.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:08 am 

Bagels wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

I kinda want to see it happen , just so the people who’s life purpose it is to define who is and isn’t properly from Chicago demand they be called the Arlington Heights Bears

stay out of chicago business

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:14 am 

denisdman wrote:
Bernsie was almost giddy a few weeks back when the widely reported article on migration out of Texas came out. Welp, new census data was released. Here is your population change over the last year,

“Top gainers included medium and small states like South Carolina (1.7%) and Idaho (1.3%), and large ones like Florida, which grew 1.6%, and Texas, increasing by 1.6%. Eight states lost population, down from 19 the previous year. Losing the most in percentage terms: New York (down 0.5%) and Louisiana (dropped 0.3%). California, the nation’s most populous state, lost about 0.2%.”

And I guess if weather was the primary reason to move, CA and LA would not lose population to TX and FL.

His happiness is the dilution of red states?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:16 am 

I am thankful, this holiday season, for Mitch, who has seen fit to quarantine BOTH Sir and Dan into a timeslot that ensures I will rarely interface with their work.

I did like that clip from the Weiderer interview where they lightly imply insider status and Weiderer let's them know multiple times that he knows the one connection they have and that he is much more plugged in to the team

You have the guy on for a weekly segment as your Bears insider/expert and then want to dispute when he gives you his insider/expert observations.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:20 am 
1000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:

Over the past several years, Texas has probably attracted more PMC liberals than any other state.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 94  Next