It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
IkeSouth wrote:
he was old and sucked when he won the super bowl :lol: :lol: :lol:

But he got to say "Pay me, bitches!"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Flacco has been the best QB in the league since he came back…it’s crazy.

It's maybe the best story in sports 2023. Flacco won't win comeback POY because Damar Hamlin's lazarus move will win out in the modern NFL. Even
tho Hamlin's played the same number of games to date as Flacco this season: 5 each. Hamlin's been inactive for 10 games this season.

Flacco seems to have found some sort of zen peace with the world and plays with minimal concern about anything except slinging the rock around randomly not caring which teams catches it--and it works.

In all the stats about Cleveland's franchise ineptitude, the craziest might be that this will be the first season since 1989 that the Browns will finish with a better record than the Steelers. 38 year old Flacco is the only current player on the Browns roster who was alive last time that happened. Lubbock's own Marquise Goodwin, place-kicker Dustin Hopkins and long-snapper Charley Hughlett are the next oldest after Flacco, all 3 born in 1990.

Last edited by Hussra on Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Flacco has always played with the emotion of a bag of rice.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
How about a Lions versus Browns Super Bowl this year?

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:40 pm 

Lions (6%) and Browns(2%) are the last of 3 teams in each conference with an outside shot at the #1 overall seed/bye week.

Ravens 78%, Dolphins 21%, Browns 2% chance of #1 seed

Niners 80%, Eagles 14%, Lions 6%

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:48 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
How about a Lions versus Browns Super Bowl this year?

Better or worse than a Rangers / Diamondbacks world series?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:58 pm 

Other than expansion franchises Jacksonville and Texans (I believe the Titans took the Oilers' history of Super Bowl futility with them to Tennessee), only the Browns and Lions have never made a Super Bowl. Browns at least have 3 seasons in the 90's without a team to point to as something of an excuse. Lions futility is unbroken.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:07 pm 

I'm rooting to the Brown and Lions in the Super Bowl as a big FUCK YOU to the lousy NFL organization and how they have put a miserable product on the field with all the "wokeness", patriotism, support for BLM for the last three years,and the use of crooked referees to control who wins games (see the gambling influence here).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:18 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:00 pm 

Still has a chance…

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Wouldn't it be simpler to say "Packer or Vikings lose out?"

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:45 pm 

Reads just fine

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I saw a NBC sports article that said Fields was making things "difficult" for the bears draft decision by "playing so well". I really hope this is the Bears leaking stuff to inflate Fields trade value. If the Bears actually believe Fields is playing well then I am done with the Bears until Poles is fired.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:29 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Prior to yesterday's game, last 2 Minutes of the half: 22/48, 205, 1 TD, 6 INT, 4 Sacks, 14 Rushing, 25.4 QBR
After yesterday's game, last 2 minutes of the half: 23/50, 207, 1 TD, 6 INT, 6 Sacks, 14 Rushing, 24.8 QBR

Joe Flacco in just 5 games, last 2 minutes of the half: 13/25, 215, 1 TD, 2 INT, 2 Sacks, 61.3 QBR
Bryce Young in 15 games, last 2 minutes of the half: 40/83, 327, 3 TD, 1 INT, 8 Sacks, 13 Rushing, 65.7 QBR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:08 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Bears Twitter is something else. It's a cult at this point lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
For someone who ranks 23rd in just about every category passing-wise, it’s extraordinary.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:28 pm 

Trade. Fields. At. All. Cost.

I would take jay Cutler in a straight trade at this point

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:48 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I saw a NBC sports article that said Fields was making things "difficult" for the bears draft decision by "playing so well". I really hope this is the Bears leaking stuff to inflate Fields trade value. If the Bears actually believe Fields is playing well then I am done with the Bears until Poles is fired.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. Fields has won the job as a good starting quarterback for a good team. that game he played yesterday showed tremendous talent to make plays that moved the ball, made critical first down with both his arm and his legs.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:53 pm 

It was great to hear the Soldier Field crowd supporting Fields in that game. He played a great game and made plays that few qbs could ever have made.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The Hawk wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. Fields has won the job as a good starting quarterback for a good team. that game he played yesterday showed tremendous talent to make plays that moved the ball, made critical first down with both his arm and his legs.

His QBR is 22nd.

"QBR incorporates all of a quarterback's contributions to winning, including how he impacts the game on passes, rushes, turnovers, and penalties."

His QBR last year was 15th.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:50 pm 

Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

His QBR is 22nd.

"QBR incorporates all of a quarterback's contributions to winning, including how he impacts the game on passes, rushes, turnovers, and penalties."

So what? What do your eyes tell you? It is hard for me to believe that people do not see the great strides that the guy has made from last year. He was dealing with a horseshit offensive line last season and the first half of this season, a depleted running game and pass catching due to key injuries, and shitty game calls by Getzy.

Right now, this Chicago Bear's team is a GOOD FOOTBALL team and as good as many of the teams who will make it to tbe play-offs. Part of the reason for that success is Justin Fields qb performance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
My eyes tell me he is better than 22nd. But not sure he is better than 15th. I am so conflicted on him. My gut says he will never win a Super Bowl as a starter.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:09 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The Hawk wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

His QBR is 22nd.

So what? What do your eyes tell you? It is hard for me to believe that people do not see the great strides that the guy has made from last year. He was dealing with a horseshit offensive line last season and the first half of this season, a depleted running game and pass catching due to key injuries, and shitty game calls by Getzy.

Right now, this Chicago Bear's team is a GOOD FOOTBALL team and as good as many of the teams who will make it to tbe play-offs. Part of the reason for that success is Justin Fields qb performance.

Do you not recall the middle of last year when he was wowing the masses? That stretch was responsible for the better QBR last year than this year. Parkins threw a QB1 party and then Fields dropped off and has never come back. Do you recall the narrative coming into this year? He led Vegas in most MVP bets, he was going to average 300 yds passing because guys would be wide open because of his running threat.

What happened to that narrative? Just asking a question.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:02 pm 

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-b ... E6PKOxtFOE

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
RFDC wrote:
https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/brad-biggs-gives-startling-update-on-justin-fields-job-status/?fbclid=IwAR3g4FLRoIYEMhd2FvqpRQpm_4-8cDdoLtOta6iaK3SK4b8QeE6PKOxtFOE

I'm trusting Poles for now. He's earned that.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/brad-biggs-gives-startling-update-on-justin-fields-job-status/?fbclid=IwAR3g4FLRoIYEMhd2FvqpRQpm_4-8cDdoLtOta6iaK3SK4b8QeE6PKOxtFOE

I'm trusting Poles for now. He's earned that.

I am with you. To make the Sweat trade after the Claypool mess, just shows he is willing to make the tough decision. He has done a nice job.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
I'm glad DJ Moore essentially said what I was thinking during Sunday's game. Falcons had a terrible game plan or had given up already because the games where they play him 1:1 man, he goes off. If they actually cared / game planned for him, Fields gets a lot less yards and the narrative today is much different.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:23 pm 

Justin Fields deserves credit for being a bumslayer. It proves he's not necessarily a bum. He was a grade A bum when the season started. He's climbed out of that hole and ascended maybe a tier and a half above the bum tier. But that's also the problem since he seems destined to stay in that non-bum non-difference maker tier.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
I'm glad DJ Moore essentially said what I was thinking during Sunday's game. Falcons had a terrible game plan or had given up already because the games where they play him 1:1 man, he goes off. If they actually cared / game planned for him, Fields gets a lot less yards and the narrative today is much different.

And it makes you wonder about guys like Aaron Glenn, Jack del Rio and whoever the Falcons d Coordinator is.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:27 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Justin Fields deserves credit for being a bumslayer. It proves he's not necessarily a bum. He was a grade A bum when the season started. He's climbed out of that hole and ascended maybe a tier and a half above the bum tier. But that's also the problem since he seems destined to stay in that non-bum non-difference maker tier.

You say he was a BUM when the season started? That is really a crazy opinion. Can you tell us what the offensive line looked like the first part of the season? How about the running backs and wide receivers? How were they doing? Then look at what the defense was doing with their personnel and injuries? Tell me this. Patrick Mahomes statistics this season compared to his other years stinks. Is he suddenly a bottom tier qb or does the bad performance of his receivers, rbs, and offensive linemen have a lot to do with it? I remember Archie Manning playing professional football. Yeah, Peyton and Eli's daddy. He was a terrific college quarterback yet struggled with the Saints because they had a really bad team and coaching staff. I think that he would have probably been in the HOF with his son Payton if he played for a good team.

You should try to look at the entire situation surrounding a particular player's performance before calling them a "BUM". Particularly when you are talking about as complicated a TEAM SPORT as professional football is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 146  Next