It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Is the 1 in H1M for the one 300 yard passing game in 40 starts? Just asking a question.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:
Is the 1 in H1M for the one 300 yard passing game in 40 starts? Just asking a question.

"JUST ASKING A QUESTION"? GEE, BLM, WHY ARE YOU JUST ASKING A QUESTION? :drunken: :drunken:

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Peter King: let the fans run your organization, keep Fields and trade the 1st overall:

other dude (Myles Simmons @MylesASimmons, no relation to Bill Simmons) disagrees with King, says move on from Fields and draft the next guy.

King thinks Bears could get 3 1st round picks for #1 overall this year: an outside the top 10 1st round pick this year (he didn't say which team outside the top 10), that team's 2025 1st rd and 2026 (Arch Manning draft) 1st round

Last edited by Hussra on Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:53 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Hard to turn down 3 #1s. I don't care if Pederman is quarterbacking.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
The Score, which coined the term "bumslayer," now seems unwilling to apply it to the most obvious candidate in Chicago.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:02 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Hard to turn down 3 #1s. I don't care if Pederman is quarterbacking.

It should be easy if it knocks you out of the top 3. Depending on what happens Sunday, their second 1st round pick could be worth two #1 picks IF a desirable quarterback is still on the board. Keep in mind the Bears traded multiple first round picks for Fields.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:04 am 

I think King's not sold on this year's crop of QB's.

Sounds like King's strategy is for the Bear to accumulate draft capital this year and then maybe leverage those extra picks in 2026 to go for Arch--or have 1/16 chance starting point of getting the #1 overall 2025/2026, (two 1st round picks out of 32, not how it works but it sorta is).

King's more rational later on. I guess he's using the fan's irrational love for Fields as cover for the Bears front-office to play the long game with the QB situation. King not saying next year's QB's are better than this years, but definitely 2026 should be the best QB class since 2020 Burrow/Tua/Herbet/Love/Hurts.

King even says at the end "none of these guys in this draft are Joe Burrow"

Last edited by Hussra on Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:07 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Hussra wrote:

Sounds like King's strategy is for the Bear to accumulate draft capital this year and then maybe leverage those extra picks in 2026 to go for Arch--or have 1/16 chance starting point of getting the #1 overall 2025/2026, (two 1st round picks out of 32).

King's more rational later on. I guess he's using the fan's irrational love for Fields as cover for the Bears front-office to play the long game with the QB situation. King not saying next year's QB's are better than this years, but definitely 2026 should be the best QB class since 2020 Burrow/Tua/Herbet/Love/Hurts.

He doesn't know. No one knows.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:13 am 

The other problem with King's wait and see play is the whole timeline thing--people already chirping you can't reset the timeline this off-season with the Bears this far along in a rebuild. How you gonna go rookie rebuild QB in 2025 or 2026? Unless it's Arch, I s'pose.

Bears 2024 should look a lot like Texans 2023 in terms of where they are on their rebuild timeline. So you can maybe win with a rookie QB like the Texans are doing with Stroud, after drafting early in each round of the NFL draft for a couple of seasons.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:21 am 
100000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:

Sounds like King's strategy is for the Bear to accumulate draft capital this year and then maybe leverage those extra picks in 2026 to go for Arch--or have 1/16 chance starting point of getting the #1 overall 2025/2026, (two 1st round picks out of 32, not how it works but it sorta is).

Is he speaking for Poles? They appeared to have a really good relationship.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:27 am 
100000 CLUB

Josh Lucas says move on. He also touches on how much of a meatball George McCaskey is when the Bears beat the Packers.

https://youtu.be/oagQz4Zo2Lo?si=X_dLK3nFwcsMGe4E

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:30 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
From Fowler and Cronin on ESPN

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/392 ... -nfl-draft

Probably the most damning 4 paragraphs:

Quote:
Though the progress is undeniable, it's when you zoom out and take in the totality of Fields' three-year career that the picture becomes fuzzier and complicates the organization's long-term evaluation.

Through Sunday's games, Fields ranks last in the NFL this season among 31 qualified quarterbacks in fourth-quarter completion percentage (51.8%), is 25th in yards per attempt (5.9), tied for 29th in fourth-quarter interceptions (6) and 30th in QBR (20.4), per ESPN Stats & Information research.

Since joining the league in 2021, Fields is last among 38 qualified quarterbacks in fourth-quarter interceptions (16), 36th in completion percentage (56.2%) and 33rd in QBR (41.4). Conversely, his touchdown-to-interception ratio of 4.3 in the first three quarters this season is the NFL's fourth best among 31 qualified quarterbacks.

When evaluators around the league watch Fields, they can't help but notice what holds him back -- mainly, a tendency to hold on to the ball too long from the pocket, failing to see routes develop. He's last in the league among 31 qualified quarterbacks in average time per pass (3.23 seconds) in 2023, and last among 38 qualified quarterbacks in that metric since entering the league (3.10 seconds). In 37 career starts, Fields has surpassed 225 passing yards six times. Eighteen NFL starters average at least 230 yards per game this season.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:37 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
I'm glad DJ Moore essentially said what I was thinking during Sunday's game. Falcons had a terrible game plan or had given up already because the games where they play him 1:1 man, he goes off. If they actually cared / game planned for him, Fields gets a lot less yards and the narrative today is much different.

And it makes you wonder about guys like Aaron Glenn, Jack del Rio and whoever the Falcons d Coordinator is.

It was a similar thing with the Broncos. Up until that game, teams were playing zone against Fields and daring him to pass. Broncos started out in man and Fields was feeding, then one of the coaches said they switched to a drop zone in the second half and Fields suddenly looked pedestrian. I think the Commanders went man coverage as well. If teams just followed the script, Fields is probably the worst QB in the league by a mile.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:48 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Seacrest wrote:
I'm glad DJ Moore essentially said what I was thinking during Sunday's game. Falcons had a terrible game plan or had given up already because the games where they play him 1:1 man, he goes off. If they actually cared / game planned for him, Fields gets a lot less yards and the narrative today is much different.

And it makes you wonder about guys like Aaron Glenn, Jack del Rio and whoever the Falcons d Coordinator is.

It was a similar thing with the Broncos. Up until that game, teams were playing zone against Fields and daring him to pass. Broncos started out in man and Fields was feeding, then one of the coaches said they switched to a drop zone in the second half and Fields suddenly looked pedestrian. I think the Commanders went man coverage as well. If teams just followed the script, Fields is probably the worst QB in the league by a mile.

Yeah, but he is H1M! On his last 4 touchdown passes his passer rating and qbr is literally perfect. H1M!!!!

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:18 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
When Poles inevitable trades Fields and drafts Caleb Williams how long before the Fields cult changes their X profile picture to Caleb? Like, how do they transition from FIELDS IS GOD to a new QB. It's going to be fascinating. LOL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
The stats prove what we all have seen from Fields over the past few years, for some reason his play begins to decline in the second half and then totally falls apart in the 4th quarter, not sure if anyone can coach that out of him at this point.

The last two shots the franchise has taken at QB1 have followed remarkably similar trajectories, both guys have the size and athleticism you want in a QB, but struggle to read defenses which leads to a ton of three and outs for your offense and creates tons of turnovers as the hold the ball and either try to force late throws or fumble the ball while being sacked.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:28 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
The stats prove what we all have seen from Fields over the past few years, for some reason his play begins to decline in the second half and then totally falls apart in the 4th quarter, not sure if anyone can coach that out of him at this point.

The last two shots the franchise has taken at QB1 have followed remarkably similar trajectories, both guys have the size and athleticism you want in a QB, but struggle to read defenses which leads to a ton of three and outs for your offense and creates tons of turnovers as the hold the ball and either try to force late throws or fumble the ball while being sacked.

You say his play deteriorates. I say that the play calling deteriorates. He doesn't struggle to read defenses. That makes no sense . Defenses are defenses. Getzy chokes down the offense.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The Hawk wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

You say his play deteriorates. I say that the play calling deteriorates. He doesn't struggle to read defenses. That makes no sense . Defenses are defenses. Getzy chokes down the offense.

I would start a thread called, “I’m Starting to Doubt the Hawk”. But who am I kidding? That would imply I used to have faith in him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:03 pm 

denisdman wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

I would start a thread called, “I’m Starting to Doubt the Hawk”. But who am I kidding? That would imply I used to have faith in him.

Doubt the Hawk all that you want to. It is usually tough for slow learners to catch onto the truth of things. You cannot comprehend what your eyes manage to see. Fields does not try to force the ball into non existing windows and instead uses his great athleticism to buy time in the pocket and/or break out in a run for good yardage. What we are now seeing in Fields recent performances is the learning that he has managed to do as he matures as a quarterback.

It'll be all right for all you doubters, though. Fields knows what he is doing. He knows what he needs to do in order to be a franchise quarterback. Hopefully Poles knows what to do to help him in his journey.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:31 am 

The Hawk wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

His play deteriorates because defensive coordinators adjust in the second half to have more drop zones and then spy him. Again, look at the numbers I keep posting repeatedly for the last two minutes of a half and the fourth quarter. He's not winning games with the big 10-30 yard run. He's thrown 6 INT when it matters most. I'm not saying its all on Fields, but at some point you would assume Fields could transcend poor play calling. Also, ask yourself, is Getsy's play calling because he knows Fields crumbles under pressure so he's trying to protect his QB from failure?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:35 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The Hawk wrote:
denisdman wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Doubt the Hawk all that you want to. It is usually tough for slow learners to catch onto the truth of things. You cannot comprehend what your eyes manage to see. Fields does not try to force the ball into non existing windows and instead uses his great athleticism to buy time in the pocket and/or break out in a run for good yardage. What we are now seeing in Fields recent performances is the learning that he has managed to do as he matures as a quarterback.

It'll be all right for all you doubters, though. Fields knows what he is doing. He knows what he needs to do in order to be a franchise quarterback. Hopefully Poles knows what to do to help him in his journey.

Fields has failed to recognize/see WIDE open receivers all season.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:42 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
denisdman wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Fields has failed to recognize/see WIDE open receivers all season.

And to support that fact, from the ESPN article:

Quote:
When evaluators around the league watch Fields, they can't help but notice what holds him back -- mainly, a tendency to hold on to the ball too long from the pocket, failing to see routes develop. He's last in the league among 31 qualified quarterbacks in average time per pass (3.23 seconds) in 2023, and last among 38 qualified quarterbacks in that metric since entering the league (3.10 seconds). In 37 career starts, Fields has surpassed 225 passing yards six times. Eighteen NFL starters average at least 230 yards per game this season.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:22 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Peter King: let the fans run your organization, keep Fields and trade the 1st overall:

other dude (Myles Simmons @MylesASimmons, no relation to Bill Simmons) disagrees with King, says move on from Fields and draft the next guy.

King thinks Bears could get 3 1st round picks for #1 overall this year: an outside the top 10 1st round pick this year (he didn't say which team outside the top 10), that team's 2025 1st rd and 2026 (Arch Manning draft) 1st round

Yeah, its all spit balling of course, but I've seen several mock drafts for the Bear's where they trade down one of two positions a couple of times to the Commanders and maybe the Raiders, and end up with three #1's. Or other combinations of draft picks and roster players like Crosby or Jonathon Allen for example. Its going to be really fun on draft day for Bear's fans.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:26 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
When Poles inevitable trades Fields and drafts Caleb Williams how long before the Fields cult changes their X profile picture to Caleb? Like, how do they transition from FIELDS IS GOD to a new QB. It's going to be fascinating. LOL

We won't have to worry about that happening. Fields will stay in Chicago. Poles will continue to build this team into a championship one with fields as his qb.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:38 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

His play deteriorates because defensive coordinators adjust in the second half to have more drop zones and then spy him. Again, look at the numbers I keep posting repeatedly for the last two minutes of a half and the fourth quarter. He's not winning games with the big 10-30 yard run. He's thrown 6 INT when it matters most. I'm not saying its all on Fields, but at some point you would assume Fields could transcend poor play calling. Also, ask yourself, is Getsy's play calling because he knows Fields crumbles under pressure so he's trying to protect his QB from failure?

This comes down to what you believe I guess. For starters, I have been critical of Getzy ever since he signed on with the Bear's I think it is is clear that the Bear's typically have a good firsthalf of football and then go stale in the 3rd quarter and really conservative in the 4th quarter. You feel differently. That's fine. to me it is coaching and not making adjustments. You seem to be implying tht Fields basically chokes. I disagree. I think it is the coaching that changes . And while it maybe a bit of both, Fields is still a very young qb and going through a growing curve. I just like his up side.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:45 pm 

It could be possible they don't feel Maye or Williams is an upgrade. They may be right as all of this feels like luck. It would be nice for them to get a bunch of picks and also maybe take a Qb with their actual first round pick.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
There are a couple reasons for Fields’ horrible performance in 4th quarters:

1. Teams know he is inept against the zone (worst in the league) and play more zone in crunchtime.
2. By the 4th quarter he is sore and exhausted from the hits and running, often from extricating himself from sacks that could be avoided if he made the right reads and pulled the trigger in the first place.

Haugh made the analogy this morning that Fields’ spectacular Houdini plays are like the trailer that looks promising, but the full movie leaves you disappointed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Haugh made the analogy this morning that Fields’ spectacular Houdini plays are like the trailer that looks promising, but the full movie leaves you disappointed.

i had them on for maybe 5 minutes and had to turn it off when Haugh was talking before i drove off the road . He is easily the worst host there, which is saying something.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Jaw Breaker wrote:
There are a couple reasons for Fields’ horrible performance in 4th quarters:

1. Teams know he is inept against the zone (worst in the league) and play more zone in crunchtime.
2. By the 4th quarter he is sore and exhausted from the hits and running, often from extricating himself from sacks that could be avoided if he made the right reads and pulled the trigger in the first place.

I don’t want to acknowledge when Haugh says something sensible.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122 ... 146  Next