It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
There are a couple reasons for Fields’ horrible performance in 4th quarters:

1. Teams know he is inept against the zone (worst in the league) and play more zone in crunchtime.
2. By the 4th quarter he is sore and exhausted from the hits and running, often from extricating himself from sacks that could be avoided if he made the right reads and pulled the trigger in the first place.

Haugh made the analogy this morning that Fields’ spectacular Houdini plays are like the trailer that looks promising, but the full movie leaves you disappointed.

I don’t want to acknowledge when Haugh says something sensible.

He's the 100th person to point out Fields has flashes of brilliance but isn't consistent. Very astute.
But , I guess he's the only one to do so using a very clever movie analogy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:44 pm 

mully and hanley are gooey cock smokers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The Hawk wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
When Poles inevitable trades Fields and drafts Caleb Williams how long before the Fields cult changes their X profile picture to Caleb? Like, how do they transition from FIELDS IS GOD to a new QB. It's going to be fascinating. LOL

We won't have to worry about that happening. Fields will stay in Chicago. Poles will continue to build this team into a championship one with fields as his qb.

It's very possible Fields could be the starter in '24 and STILL not be the future QB1.

Get Crosby and a couple #1s and I'm celebrating. I can live with a shitty QB1 for a little bit longer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
When Poles inevitable trades Fields and drafts Caleb Williams how long before the Fields cult changes their X profile picture to Caleb? Like, how do they transition from FIELDS IS GOD to a new QB. It's going to be fascinating. LOL

We won't have to worry about that happening. Fields will stay in Chicago. Poles will continue to build this team into a championship one with fields as his qb.

It's very possible Fields could be the starter in '24 and STILL not be the future QB1.

Get Crosby and a couple #1s and I'm celebrating. I can live with a shitty QB1 for a little bit longer.

Unless the Bears are sold that one of the QB’s in this draft are Super Bowl worthy, I am with you. At this point, Fields has improved, and the team is competitive.

But I hope one of these college QB’s is worthy of the pick because it would be nice (for once) to have a top QB in this league.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Bagels wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Haugh made the analogy this morning that Fields’ spectacular Houdini plays are like the trailer that looks promising, but the full movie leaves you disappointed.

i had them on for maybe 5 minutes and had to turn it off when Haugh was talking before i drove off the road . He is easily the worst host there, which is saying something.

You must not listen to the mid-day show.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

Why they got Fields in Tyrod Taylor's deuce jersey? Lazy pchop? NYG #1's avail

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:08 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
That’s galaxy brain stuff.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:12 pm 

Yeah, not certain if I agree, but I am certain I don't understand. The Giants were bad at drafting, ergo: the Bears will fuck up the trade haul for the 1st overall? Poles drunk on whiskey on draft day and at his worst could never be as incompetent as Gettleman.

Last edited by Hussra on Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:13 pm 

it seems stupid but im convinced this all comes down to tomorrow. if fields destroys the packers, he will not be replaced.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
By that same logic, the Bears fucked up last year by getting this year’s 1/1 which they might fuck up.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:30 pm 

Also, it doesn't help his argument that the first suss, non-1st overall draftee he mentions having to hope and pray hits is Harrison. Not even I think MHJ won't be a 1042 yds / 72 catches / 4 TD's (if he has Fields as his QB) WR by his 2nd NFL season (with 2 fumbles/ 2 fumbles lost). And go up mildy from there each year thereafter. Harrison's a sure thing with an insanely high-floor (I just wonder if that's also close to Harrison's ceiling is all).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:47 pm 

but harrison will need at least 3 years to develop a relationship on a bears team. fields will be nearly 30 years old by then. were fucking screwed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:50 pm 

if that's a concern, Penix + Odunze:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99pMr9VyHp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQrnCtvfJtM

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... nix+odunze

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
So everyone is convinced the Daniel Jones era is over in NY now ? That the re-sign is a failure after he played in 6 games this year ? Wow talk about a short leash.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:16 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Unless the Bears are sold that one of the QB’s in this draft are Super Bowl worthy, I am with you. At this point, Fields has improved, and the team is competitive.

But I hope one of these college QB’s is worthy of the pick because it would be nice (for once) to have a top QB in this league.

You don't know if they are worthy of the pick until AFTER you draft one. No one thought C.J Strout was worthy of the pick last year and look how he turned out.

Can't keep kicking the can down the road and hoping to find the "can't miss" superstar QB. That was suppose to be C.Williams in this years draft.

Everyone says, "Build the team around Fields like the 49'rs did for Purdy. Problem with this thinking is:

1) You don't have an offensive genius calling plays. You have Getsy!
2) 49'rs have not won shit.
3) Your QB should make the guys around him better. Not the other way around if he is to be considered a Franchise QB.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:23 pm 

Fields is the best QB we have had since Cutler, and he actually cares about not throwing INT's.

Would I take Williams? Yes. And make him the backup until he proves to be better than fields.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:46 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
So everyone is convinced the Daniel Jones era is over in NY now ? That the re-sign is a failure after he played in 6 games this year ? Wow talk about a short leash.

New York != Jonestown - there is no Cult of Danny Dimes

Different town, different standards.

Daniel Jones is the 8th highest paid QB this season, tied with Dak and Stafford. No one's paying Justin Fields top 10 QB money. Giants were stupid, doesn't mean other franchises have to jump off a cliff after them.

They made the same argument re: Lamar/Cleveland overpaying DeShaun Watson $235 million guaranteed. Lamar threatened to hold out even, but still only got $135 mil guaranteed.

Just because stupid owners do stupid things doesn't mean the other owners have to do the same. It's the NFL. Individual owners do wtf they want, for the most part.

Lombardi (no relation to Vince) made an entire career out of the random coincidence of having the same last name as the sport's championship trophy namesake.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:50 pm 

Give fields $50mil/yr, 5 yr contract and draft Caleb Williams.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:10 pm 

The guy in the video most likely a Lions fan, btw. He's shouting Eminem lyrics and then yells something about going to Detroit.

Happy ending? Rando walks up to shouty, daps him up and they walk off together to get a watered-down, over-priced airport bloody (or smoothie) ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Hussra wrote:
Also, it doesn't help his argument that the first suss, non-1st overall draftee he mentions having to hope and pray hits is Harrison. Not even I think MHJ won't be a 1042 yds / 72 catches / 4 TD's (if he has Fields as his QB) WR by his 2nd NFL season (with 2 fumbles/ 2 fumbles lost). And go up mildy from there each year thereafter. Harrison's a sure thing with an insanely high-floor (I just wonder if that's also close to Harrison's ceiling is all).

That’s not what he said. Actually sort of the opposite. It’s the later picks he is questioning.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Hussra wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

New York != Jonestown - there is no Cult of Danny Dimes

Different town, different standards.

Daniel Jones is the 8th highest paid QB this season, tied with Dak and Stafford. No one's paying Justin Fields top 10 QB money. Giants were stupid, doesn't mean other franchises have to jump off a cliff after them.

They made the same argument re: Lamar/Cleveland overpaying DeShaun Watson $235 million guaranteed. Lamar threatened to hold out even, but still only got $135 mil guaranteed.

Just because stupid owners do stupid things doesn't mean the other owners have to do the same. It's the NFL. Individual owners do wtf they want, for the most part.

Lombardi (no relation to Vince) made an entire career out of the random coincidence of having the same last name as the sport's championship trophy namesake.

If Fields stays with the Bears or somebody trades a 2nd or 1st for him he will get top 10 money. That’s just the way it works.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Hussra wrote:

It would be absolutely foolish to replace Fields with a QB who’s had roughly 3 major knee surgeries and several throwing shoulder dislocations before he ever sets foot on a pro football field.

Especially when there are several QB’s available in this draft with more talent that are younger and have never had a serious injury. Let someone else find out what he is.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:37 pm 

it's 2024 ... almost 2 decades since Steph Curry sufffered leg injuries that would've been career ending in prior decades-- docs got the leg thing on lockdown now.

If it were concussion history or chronic back issues, those can linger and kill a career. But leg? Unless the athlete's a dumbass like Zion and gets back in the buffet line after recovery...these guys fly to Europe or South America, nosh on some aborted fetuses, get some pure infant blood transfused and are better than ever before:

I don't see any games or even snaps missed due to injury in the last 2 years/approaching 30 games.

If you're a truly a rebuild team, and depending on combine results/interviews/background checks etc, you're better off gambling on the younger, alphabetically, Daniels/Maye/McCarthy/Williams

But if you're a team beyond initial rebuild stage who is going to miss playoffs by a W....bringing in the older QB + a receiver he knows and trusts => WINT

ACL surgery for an NFL skill position player is basically TJ surgery for football players in 2024.

I'd be more worried about running QB Fields needing ACL in the upcoming seasons than a guy who has had it and is years on from full recovery. Plus Penix operates almost exclusively from the pocket and is preternaturally gifted at moving in the pocket and avoiding sacks/bad hits.

Penix pocket presence (say that 3x's fast) had as much to do with his O-Line winning the Joe Moore Award as the actual offensive linemen themselves did.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:04 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Fields hasn't proven he's better than Gardener Minshew. Why should I care if he gets injured? It's not like bringing in a replacement level backup would set the team back or anything - in fact Fields is barely playing above the level of a replacement level QB anyway, and that includes this amazing falcons game that the city is buzzing about.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:40 am 

Hussra wrote:
it's 2024 ... almost 2 decades since Steph Curry sufffered leg injuries that would've been career ending in prior decades-- docs got the leg thing on lockdown now.

If it were concussion history or chronic back issues, those can linger and kill a career. But leg? Unless the athlete's a dumbass like Zion and gets back in the buffet line after recovery...these guys fly to Europe or South America, nosh on some aborted fetuses, get some pure infant blood transfused and are better than ever before:

I don't see any games or even snaps missed due to injury in the last 2 years/approaching 30 games.

If you're a truly a rebuild team, and depending on combine results/interviews/background checks etc, you're better off gambling on the younger, alphabetically, Daniels/Maye/McCarthy/Williams

But if you're a team beyond initial rebuild stage who is going to miss playoffs by a W....bringing in the older QB + a receiver he knows and trusts => WINT

ACL surgery for an NFL skill position player is basically TJ surgery for football players in 2024.

I'd be more worried about running QB Fields needing ACL in the upcoming seasons than a guy who has had it and is years on from full recovery. Plus Penix operates almost exclusively from the pocket and is preternaturally gifted at moving in the pocket and avoiding sacks/bad hits.

Penix pocket presence (say that 3x's fast) had as much to do with his O-Line winning the Joe Moore Award as the actual offensive linemen themselves did.

Yeah all that is irrelevant. Bringing up a player from a totally different sport that doesn’t allow much physical contact as your measuring stick makes little impact here. Not to mention, the Bears have suffered enough from foolishly risking high picks on previously injured players.

And again, there are better options talent wise in this draft anyway if the Bears want to go the QB route why risk taking a guy who has a serious injury history who’s also not projected to be as good as several other players in the same draft..? What’s your thinking here?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Bbbbut his runs Mark, what about his RUNS !!!!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:29 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Fields hasn't proven he's better than Gardener Minshew. Why should I care if he gets injured? It's not like bringing in a replacement level backup would set the team back or anything - in fact Fields is barely playing above the level of a replacement level QB anyway, and that includes this amazing falcons game that the city is buzzing about.

January 7th, 2024, 3:30pm. Justin fields rips for 5 touchdowns, 400yds and he even gets subbed in on defense, intercepts the ball and runs back for a pick 6. bears rout the packers 47 to 13.

do you trade fields?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:34 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

As a fan you should care about his trade value at the very least. Injury would drastically change his price tag.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut

This kind of loser attitude is why we haven't had a great QB since the Truman administration.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123 ... 146  Next