It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
NME wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Fields hasn't proven he's better than Gardener Minshew. Why should I care if he gets injured? It's not like bringing in a replacement level backup would set the team back or anything - in fact Fields is barely playing above the level of a replacement level QB anyway, and that includes this amazing falcons game that the city is buzzing about.

As a fan you should care about his trade value at the very least. Injury would drastically change his price tag.

Unfortunately only three people in the city thinks like this. Everyone else is scared to death if the 22nd best QB in the league (based on QBR) goes down.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
The cult thing can be overdone, but…

If you’re Justin Fields and you read grown men write about you in this manner on X, you’d have to find it at least a little unsettling, no? I’m not saying the Ranger is exactly the same as that lady from Misery, but I’m not not saying that.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:20 am 

I ran into a guy yesterday who wants Williams but also thinks fields is a top 10-15 QB who may get better. I pressed him on how on earth did he arrive at the opinion that fields is a top 10-15 when no conventional or advanced metrics would support that. He had nothing. There's just something in the city's water supply that leads people to just presume without any basis that this athletic freak of nature is somehow just good without needing to refer to any sort of standard by which to judge his play.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:56 am 

I just hope he retained his trade value. I hope everyone else in the NFL thinks the Bears failed him. I'm still looking for no less than a 24 #2 or a 25 #1 for him

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:58 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
I just hope he retained his trade value. I hope everyone else in the NFL thinks the Bears failed him. I'm still looking for no less than a 24 #2 or a 25 #1 for him

I'd be surprised if anyone other than Pace thinks the Bears failed him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Bears should've claimed Fields caught whatever Bagent has and sat Fields the entire game yesterday. I think Fields value dropped a bit after yesterday's game; at least yesterday's game did nothing to inc value/continue the up vector he had been on in December.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Quote:
Face it, if you're still asking the question whether Fields is the guy after three seasons, isn’t that your answer?

-a wise sage (aka David Haugh)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

check Twitter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

an elite athlete who had elite measurables, but only had one season of college play as a starter with mixed statistical results was drafted 4th overall last year. there have to be GM/coaches that think they can make it work with fields

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:21 am 

billypootons wrote:
Quote:
Face it, if you're still asking the question whether Fields is the guy after three seasons, isn’t that your answer?

We all said there would be no excuses this year. I'm sticking to that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
good dolphin wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Quote:

We all said there would be no excuses this year. I'm sticking to that.

That’s where I am at. He just got outplayed by a first year starter. It wasn’t even that close, and I would suggest Love had the harder match-up (Bears D better than Pack’s).

Fields has immense talents but is not worth what it will cost to keep him past his rookie contract. So it comes down to which QB is the franchise guy in this draft.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:39 am 

denisdman wrote:
at. He just got outplayed by a first year starter..

There's more. Fields got outperformed by the following:

Minshew
Dobbs
Purdy
Mayfield
Stroud (rookie)

And a few more. That's quite the list of journeymen and rookies/younger players that he should be ahead of during year 3.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
:lol: just when you think these people can't get any worse.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I’d bet decent money that Chris Rongey had something to do with that.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:21 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

JORR's guy leading a cult. Who could have see that coming?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Laurence going with the "Justin doesn't have to get better, it's the other QBs that need to get worse" theory. Citing mostly Lawrence(really banged up with no hope to leave the pocket), Tua, and Josh Allen.

Bernstein screaming about demanding higher standards but leaving Justin out of that equation by agreeing with hiring Roman as OC and keeping Fields.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Laurence going with the "Justin doesn't have to get better, it's the other QBs that need to get worse" theory. Citing mostly Lawrence(really banged up with no hope to leave the pocket), Tua, and Josh Allen.

Bernstein screaming about demanding higher standards but leaving Justin out of that equation by agreeing with hiring Roman as OC and keeping Fields.

Wasn't Roman fired because it wasn't working? What else should be done to justify passing on a quarterback again with the #1 pick?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:55 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Wasn't Roman fired because it wasn't working? What else should be done to justify passing on a quarterback again with the #1 pick?

Getting a fucking haul is the only reason.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:15 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

and still drafting Harrison along with that haul

that receiving group would be nearly failure proof

as I said before, I see the logic of that path. It might not be the one I chose, but I can see it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nardi wrote:

This is where Bernie's history of only championships matter and stats don't lie, etc etc demonstrate his hypocrisy on Fields.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

as I said before, I see the logic of that path. It might not be the one I chose, but I can see it.

Fields is a muscular version of RG3. He's not a legitimate NFL starting quarterback. He's a guy who has a bag of elite traits that can't be used in a coherent manner.

You can still get MHJ and not keep Fields. There's no reasonable reason to keep him. Drafting a Penix, Nix, or McCarthy later in the draft would still likely be a better option than keeping Fields and paying him more than the minimum.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:33 pm 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Fields is a muscular version of RG3. He's not a legitimate NFL starting quarterback. He's a guy who has a bag of elite traits that can't be used in a coherent manner.

The only guy he sees over the middle is Kmet. And he's mostly stationary at the time. It's the hardest read(and an explosive play for offenses) for a QB and Fields never even tries it. It's really the best argument for Fields not being an impactful QB.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Spiegs just reviewed the last 7 games, aka Fields’ “final exam”:

1,300 yards
5 TD
3 INT
6 FUM
82.8 Rating

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
I'm for keeping Fields now. It would be a waste to draft a quarterback with other pressing needs like on the offensive line. The Score morning show with Olin talked about this extensively today.

Fields impressed me yesterday with some of his throws, throws that he did not make earlier in the season. He's improving and so he deserves to stay a Bear.

Nor would I change Getsy. You need to have continuity at OC if you're gonna keeps Fields. Fields can't be learning a whole new playbook. It would just set him and the whole offense back a year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:

1,300 yards
5 TD
3 INT
6 FUM
82.8 Rating

This may upset good dolphin, but half of Fields' 16 passing touchdowns came in 2 of his 13 games.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:41 pm 

Draft Caleb Williams and make them compete for #1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

1,300 yards
5 TD
3 INT
6 FUM
82.8 Rating

This may upset good dolphin, but half of Fields' 16 passing touchdowns came in 2 of his 13 games.

The Bears are 1-2 in their last 3 road games despite their defense forcing 8 turnovers. The defense has as many touchdowns as the offense in those games. The only offensive touchdown was a 1 yard drive.

The defense forced 19 turnovers in their last 7 games. They gave up more than 20 points once. They only won 4 of those games.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Nas trying to torpedo Fields' trade value so no team makes a worthwhile offer and Halas Hall has no choice but to run it back

You look into any of Fields numbers over the last 3 season, individual or how the team performed with Fields at QB and it's never a positive experience, e.g., list of QB's/teams Fields W'd against (with official PFR pet names and opp final record that season):

--------------------
Cinc 17 BEAR 20 - Joe Brr Joe Shiesty Joey Franchise Joseph Lee Burrow 10-7 (a Dalton + Defense W)
Lion 14 BEAR 24 - Jared "Mr. Brooks" Goff 3-13
BEAR 20 Raid 09 - Derek Dallas Carr 10-7

--------------------
Niner 10 BEAR 19 - Trey Lance 13-4
Texas 20 BEAR 23 - Davis "Straight, Outta Compton" Mills 3-13
BEAR 33 Pats 14 - Bailey "Fappe" Zappe 8-9

---------------------
BEAR 40 Comm 20 - Sam Thirstin Howell 4-13
BEAR 12 Vike 10 - Josh "Passtronaut" Dobbs 7-10
Lion 13 BEAR 28 - Goff 12-5
Card 16 BEAR 27 - CoD 4-13
Hawk17 BEAR 37 - Taylor "Huffler" Heinicke 7-10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
blackhawksfan wrote:
:lol: just when you think these people can't get any worse.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 ... 146  Next