It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
TriColoredPastas wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
:lol: just when you think these people can't get any worse.

Luke Getsy sounds younger than expected

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Spiegs just reviewed the last 7 games, aka Fields’ “final exam”:

1,300 yards
5 TD
3 INT
6 FUM
82.8 Rating

This may upset good dolphin, but half of Fields' 16 passing touchdowns came in 2 of his 13 games.

The Bears are 1-2 in their last 3 road games despite their defense forcing 8 turnovers. The defense has as many touchdowns as the offense in those games. The only offensive touchdown was a 1 yard drive.

The defense forced 19 turnovers in their last 7 games. They gave up more than 20 points once. They only won 4 of those games.

Why did Mooney fake a concussion?

Moore/Kmet
2083 yards and 14 touchdowns

Everyone else
479 yards and 2 touchdowns

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:54 pm 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
Maybe Fields can follow in the footsteps of Henry Burris and become a great CFL quarterback.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:37 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Plot twist: the pro-Fields signs were placed outside the Bears' remote Lake Forest office campus by journalists

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:50 am 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Plot twist: the pro-Fields signs were placed outside the Bears' remote Lake Forest office campus by journalists

Gotta love the Lake Forrest white people. They're just like Bernstein. They take their kids to the streets around Halas Hall so they can see Bears players leaving in their cars. They decided to live in Lake Forest so their kids can see black people.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:12 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

1,300 yards
5 TD
3 INT
6 FUM
82.8 Rating

This may upset good dolphin, but half of Fields' 16 passing touchdowns came in 2 of his 13 games.

The Bears are 1-2 in their last 3 road games despite their defense forcing 8 turnovers. The defense has as many touchdowns as the offense in those games. The only offensive touchdown was a 1 yard drive.

The defense forced 19 turnovers in their last 7 games. They gave up more than 20 points once. They only won 4 of those games.

Moore/Kmet

Everyone else

Looking at the stats you cite, I have to say that I'm surprised Fields actually threw for 2562 yards this season. That's good for 22nd in the league, just behind Bryce Young at #20 (2877 yards) and Desmond Ridder at #21 (2836 yards). :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

1,300 yards
5 TD
3 INT
6 FUM
82.8 Rating

Moore/Kmet

Everyone else

Looking at the stats you cite, I have to say that I'm surprised Fields actually threw for 2562 yards this season. That's good for 22nd in the league, just behind Bryce Young at #20 (2877 yards) and Desmond Ridder at #21 (2836 yards). :lol:

And even if you generously add in his rushing yards to the total, he’s still behind Gardner Minshew.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:15 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:

And even if you generously add in his rushing yards to the total, he’s still behind Gardner Minshew.

at least he has always had the excuse of bad coaches.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Chase Daniel says Fields had more growth this year than any other QB….did he really watch the QB last Sunday?

Love had double the production vs Fields.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
Chase Daniel says Fields had more growth this year than any other QB….did he really watch the QB last Sunday?

If I'm being objective, I can't deny Fields did improve. They were mostly minor improvements and didn't really lead to better production.

He significantly reduced the bad sacks he took. He scrambled to pass more often. He appeared to read defenses better.

He still doesn't throw with anticipation. He doesn't throw players open. He disappears in the 4th quarter. He doesn't play on time because he's too slow dropping back. He holds the ball too long. He has accuracy issues at every level. He can't get rid of the ball quickly. He's injury prone.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Agreed. He got much better at avoiding sacks and turnovers. To say he improved more than any QB this year is flat out wrong. I think Chase is on Justin’s payroll.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
Agreed. He got much better at avoiding sacks and turnovers. To say he improved more than any QB this year is flat out wrong. I think Chase is on Justin’s payroll.

Yeah, he's full of shit. I left out the turnover stuff because he still fumbles a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Yeah, he's full of shit. I left out the turnover stuff because he still fumbles a lot.

A huge part of the reason his interceptions are down is because he wont throw guys open, throw over the middle , etc

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
denisdman wrote:

All the QB experts the score brings on have aligned their opinion with Bernstein/Holmes/Parkins/Spiegal. It's very obvious in the case if Daniels and the other younger one that started with the station last year. Forgot his name because I stopped listening to him. I think it's Jenkins or something. I know Parkins and Spiegal have recently shifted but it's been half hearted and they still are sympathetic to the "Bears ruined Fields" narrative rather than the objective "Fields is ineffective because of Fields" analysis. The experts realized what narrative is being pushed by the hosts and fell in line because debating and pushing back is not good for continuing to build their brand - they want more appearances and the way to do that is help push the narrative so they become liked. The only people who don't sell out and push the narrative the station wants are Wierderer who I know is brought on for different reasons and Kurt Warner.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:25 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I don't understand the people who say the team will take a step back if they draft a QB. It's not a situation where they have a guy like Kirk Cousins who is a very good statistically QB who simply sucks in big games. They have a QB who after 36 starts is averaging:

15-for-25, 172 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 3 sacks, 82.1 rating

9 rushes, 58 yards

I'm pretty sure Caleb Williams could easily put up those numbers next year. Yes, there will be a risk of more INT's, but I bet he has several 300+ passing games too.

It's embarrassing how uneducated our fan base is when it comes to QB play.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:01 am 
100000 CLUB

Can't leave the fumble per game off.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:33 am 

His "improvement" also came at the expense of him not being nearly as elite as a runner.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:08 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

A huge part of the reason his interceptions are down is because he wont throw guys open, throw over the middle , etc

I don't think so. He did this in previous years to an even greater extent.

I'd say he did a great job of not turning the ball over by INT (unfortunately he balanced that with fumbles). His int numbers were inflated by at least three, that I can recall, hail mary interceptions.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:16 am 

Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

If I'm being objective, I can't deny Fields did improve. They were mostly minor improvements and didn't really lead to better production.

He significantly reduced the bad sacks he took. He scrambled to pass more often. He appeared to read defenses better.

He still doesn't throw with anticipation. He doesn't throw players open. He disappears in the 4th quarter. He doesn't play on time because he's too slow dropping back. He holds the ball too long. He has accuracy issues at every level. He can't get rid of the ball quickly. He's injury prone.

That's it. He improved and he improved every year. We should have seen a BIG improvement this year and it was just a little improvement. I needed 65% completions. I needed at least a 2:1 td:int ratio. I needed a 95 qbr. Those aren't even elite demands. That is why I don't see greatness in him. I don't see a qb who I want to pay 30+ million per year, and that is going to be the kind of contract he gets.

As I have said, I think he is a good qb. We could live with him. We would live with him for at least a couple of years if we didn't have this golden ticket. But we do have this golden ticket. We passed on one elite qb in Stroud (and I'm afraid there might be more than him from that class when they all finally develop). We would all be howling about that oversight but for this golden ticket. We cannot make that mistake again.

This isn't so much about Justin Fields. He's going to be a starter for a decade in the league. He may even make a pro bowl like mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. He isn't going to be elite.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:19 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
As I have said, I think he is a good qb.

What is the evidence to support this view?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:22 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I'd say he did a great job of not turning the ball over by INT (unfortunately he balanced that with fumbles). His int numbers were inflated by at least three, that I can recall, hail mary interceptions.

I'm not sure exactly what the second highlighted sentence means, but it's absolutely true that he neither throws guys open/throws with anticipation nor attacks the middle of the field.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:24 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I'm not sure exactly what the second highlighted sentence means, but it's absolutely true that he neither throws guys open/throws with anticipation nor attacks the middle of the field.

It means that it was even more pronounced in previous seasons. I saw multiple times this year where he trusted DJ Moore sufficiently to throw when he wasn't open.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:29 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

It means that it was even more pronounced in previous seasons. I saw multiple times this year where he trusted DJ Moore sufficiently to throw when he wasn't open.

Sure, he did it on a few occasions, but not with any consistency. He rarely throws on time or in rhythm.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:52 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Sure, he did it on a few occasions, but not with any consistency. He rarely throws on time or in rhythm.

I agree. My post is that he improved each year but not by enough and the current product isn't good enough to forego the #1 QB two years in a row from two good classes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:55 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I agree. My post is that he improved each year but not by enough and the current product isn't good enough to forego the #1 QB two years in a row from two good classes

He'd need to be replaced regardless of whether the Bears had the #1 overall pick or not.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:24 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

He'd need to be replaced regardless of whether the Bears had the #1 overall pick or not.

Obviously it's academic but I'd argue there is not a chance in the world the Bears would replace Fields next year if they didn't have this opportunity. The great debate of this off season would be whether they pick up the 5th year option.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:30 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Obviously it's academic but I'd argue there is not a chance in the world the Bears would replace Fields next year if they didn't have this opportunity. The great debate of this off season would be whether they pick up the 5th year option.

Yes, but you have also stated that you believe Fields is a good quarterback, a statement that isn't supported by most statistical categories used to evaluate quarterbacks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:13 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Yes, but you have also stated that you believe Fields is a good quarterback, a statement that isn't supported by most statistical categories used to evaluate quarterbacks.

Fields QBR - as pedestrian as it is - is driven by his elite rushing performance. Absent that the QBR would drop into Zach Wilson territory.

I continue to be befuddled by this fear that if we move away from Fields the new QB may not be as "good," as if Fields has established some sort of acceptable baseline performance that propels the offense to success. In reality, the Bears are a below average offense in large part because their QB is - statistically speaking - below average. In other words, if the expectation is the next QB be better than Fields, then that's not really a high bar to clear.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:44 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Fields QBR - as pedestrian as it is - is driven by his elite rushing performance. Absent that the QBR would drop into Zach Wilson territory.

I continue to be befuddled by this fear that if we move away from Fields the new QB may not be as "good," as if Fields has established some sort of acceptable baseline performance that propels the offense to success. In reality, the Bears are a below average offense in large part because their QB is - statistically speaking - below average. In other words, if the expectation is the next QB be better than Fields, then that's not really a high bar to clear.

Yep. If you take away they things he does well, which are traits desired across the league, he is bad.

I have no Fieldsphobia. I want to draft a QB at #1.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:59 am 

good dolphin wrote:

Yep. If you take away they things he does well, which are traits desired across the league, he is bad.

I have no Fieldsphobia. I want to draft a QB at #1.

Me too. I fear drafting a bust - Williams seems to have the same holding on to the ball issue as Fields - but I don't fear losing Fields.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 ... 146  Next