It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Caller Bob wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Who the fuck is Wes Steinberg?

Neil's brother

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Who the fuck is Neil Steinberg?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

Last edited by Hussra on Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:04 pm 

Nardi wrote:

Wes's....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:06 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I'm fairly certain the Vinny Testaverde loophole was closed decades ago.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Nardi wrote:

Drunk wife-beater & Sun Times columnist.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:33 pm 

Williams will likely refuse to accept to play in Chicago :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Guess I'll pout like he does.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
badrogue17 wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Enjoy next year at USC Caleb .

Poles should tell a Jay Glazer type that Williams isn't mature enough to play in the NFL and should go back to USC for another year until he learns how to speak to adults.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Enjoy next year at USC Caleb .

Poles should tell a Jay Glazer type that Williams isn't mature enough to play in the NFL and should go back to USC for another year until he learns how to speak to adults.

It’s not a real account. It’s a parody news tweeter.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

Williams still seems like a world-class douchebag, though. That's a major concern.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:38 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

Williams still seems like a world-class douchebag, though. That's a major concern.

We’re approaching “Sure, it’s not true, but the idea that somebody could believe it says enough” territory.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:

We’re approaching “Sure, it’s not true, but the idea that somebody could believe it says enough” territory.

Definitely.

There's a ton to love about his game. The more film I watch, the more impressed I am with him.

But everything I've heard about his personality is pretty alarming.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Our last two QBs have had great attitudes (generally) and were football first. They also needed training wheels to see the field properly even after 3-4 years of experience. If this dude can ball straight out of the box and doesn't require training wheels into his mid 20s, then let's roll. We'll find a way to make the diva stuff work.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Our last two QBs have had great attitudes (generally) and were football first. They also needed training wheels to see the field properly even after 3-4 years of experience. If this dude can ball straight out of the box and doesn't require training wheels into his mid 20s, then let's roll. We'll find a way to make the diva stuff work.

Not this group.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:23 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Not this group.

You're actually right. That's not their way of working. We'll probably trade the pick to move back and draft a local librarian who impressed the McCaskeys with how he runs a lemonade stand during his free time

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Not this group.

You're actually right. That's not their way of working. We'll probably trade the pick to move back and draft a local librarian who impressed the McCaskeys with how he runs a lemonade stand during his free time

:lol: :cry: :cry: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
The Bears should be looking to get all they can out of Washington for the pick and go from there. I don’t think it ends well drafting a guy that doesn’t want to play for you anyway, sounds like it will be a problem from day 1.

On the other hand I hate all these trade back scenarios where the Bears fall out of range to grab one of the elite players in the draft (like MHJ) and wind up with another player they have to cough up a big salary for (like the Raiders deal).. at some point you accumulate these high draft picks in anticipation of winding up to be in a position to draft generational talent like MHJ or Maye or whoever.. so build thru the draft and don’t pass up on these types of players when the opportunity presents itself. This is especially true when you’ll still acquire future picks in trades with teams like Washington.

.. I’m also getting tired of people busting out these ‘draft trade value’ charts as if it’s a rule you have to go off them. You don’t. Sorry, but not all drafts and prospects are created equal. If the Raiders are calling saying ‘hey, we’ll give you our 1st this year, and two more 1sts (25’ and 26’) and our 2nd’ to come up and grab Williams, then guess what Washington or anyone else..? Thats the fucking price. Fuck your draft chart. You want him, you pay to get him.

All that said, one thing I’m not doing is guaranteeing Williams shit right now -especially if he’s throwing shade saying he won’t come here. Fuck off kid, it’s on you to decide whether or not you declare and it’s on the Bears to decide what they’ll do with that 1st pick. ‘Don’t negotiate with terrorists’ is my policy on this one. If Caleb wants to suck it up and go back to college for 1 more year and play for a mediocre team risk injury and hope he doesn’t wind right back up in the same spot of the draft next year.. have the fuck at it. But the Bears sure as fuck should not give up their leverage in January because this soft asshole wants to play games with his own future. Fuck all that, Bears are still in position to draft Maye, MHJ or any of the other top guys.. or trade back because Maye’s value is still going to be chart topping. But I’d be laughing at these idiots right now gambling on their future if I were the Bears.

‘Fuck off, I’m not telling you in January what I’m doing with this pick, declare or don’t, that’s on you’

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:35 pm 

He’s not saying he won’t come here.

A parody account made up a story and people are responding to it earnestly.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone

I’m not only talking about this recent event.. this has been ongoing with him and his camp for a while now

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City

Sort of like the fake JORR disputing the efficacy of vaccines.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:20 am 

I think the holdup is he's already sent his resume to Poles but the McCaskeys also want him to type his resume into their online job application system per HR policy.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:44 am 

Does that parody account know where Tucker's UPS box is?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
If they draft him, he'll play for the Bears. Who cares.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Primo's
Hussra’s post referring to Kalyn Kahler’s messages made me want to look at the original GQ article. There’s more from Caleb’s dad about the draft beyond his reference to “two shots at the apple”..
……………………………………………………………………………….
"The funky thing about the NFL draft process is, he'd almost be better off not being drafted than being drafted first," Carl Williams said. "The system is completely backwards. The way the system is constructed, you go to the worst possible situation. The worst possible team, the worst organization in the league—because of their desire for parity—gets the first pick. So it's the gift and the curse. I mean, I've talked to Archie Manning—his career was shot because he went to a horrible organization. I've talked to Lincoln [Riley], and Kyler [Murray] struggled because of where he was drafted. Baker [Mayfield] struggled mightily because of where he was drafted. The organizations matter."
………………………………………………………………………………
And then there’s this…
………………………………………………………………………….
Williams told GQ Magazine that he has always gotten to choose where he plays football…."I've always been able to choose the team that I've played on, and then everything's been scheduled for me," Caleb Williams told GQ Magazine. "But now, going into this next part of my career, it's weird [because] it's so uncertain. You don't know anything. You can't control anything but you and how you act. That's honestly the weirdest part for me, is the uncertainty."
…………………………………………………………………………………..
It’s easy enough to discount a fake online account, but I think other potential draftees at this point would be eager to post reassuring messages about how they’ll be happy to play for whichever NFL team drafts them. Caleb is not doing that, and he has the support from his family.
I think anybody who just assumes he’d come here if drafted is kidding themselves, but I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:36 pm 

Caleb Williams trying to be the Curt Flood of rookies.

at which dentist's office did you find a 6 month old copy of GQ:

"I mean, I've talked to Archie Manning—his career was shot because he went to a horrible organization."

That's why after sucking for 11 seasons as the starter for New Orleans Archie Manning played even worse when he went to Houston and Minn. Sounds like Archie lucked out landing with a zero-expectations franchise. He could be the worst QB in the history of QB's and still be an 11 year starter in the league.

"The organizations matter."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Does he want to play in New England where he will always be compared to Brady, or for the goofy owner in Washington?

This seems to be the perfect year to trade back to #2, have seen where Washington gives up a second and first next year just to move up one spot, would take that deal and let them deal with Caleb Williams and take Maye if your going QB and then Odunze at #9.

If your not going QB you would have a second chance to trade back if you can get the Pats to pony up by making them think someone is trying to move up and take their QB, get another 2nd or 3rd and still take MHJ.

If your keeping Fields you will have the chance to trade back repeatedly and pick up at least one to two future first round picks along with a few seconds and thirds this year, you will even have chances to move off #9 if a QB slides. You would be forever known as the dude that passed on the top QB twice, but you are just kicking the can down the road another year by picking up an extra first next year from a team that likely sucks while filling your roster with extra early round picks.

This is a risky move by Poles because if they do not make the playoffs next year he will be in trouble, Getsy was the scape goat this year, but that card has been played, so a lot of pressure to produce results early next year.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:09 am 
1000 CLUB

ForestCity9 wrote:
Hussra’s post referring to Kalyn Kahler’s messages made me want to look at the original GQ article. There’s more from Caleb’s dad about the draft beyond his reference to “two shots at the apple”..
……………………………………………………………………………….
"The funky thing about the NFL draft process is, he'd almost be better off not being drafted than being drafted first," Carl Williams said. "The system is completely backwards. The way the system is constructed, you go to the worst possible situation. The worst possible team, the worst organization in the league—because of their desire for parity—gets the first pick. So it's the gift and the curse. I mean, I've talked to Archie Manning—his career was shot because he went to a horrible organization. I've talked to Lincoln [Riley], and Kyler [Murray] struggled because of where he was drafted. Baker [Mayfield] struggled mightily because of where he was drafted. The organizations matter."
………………………………………………………………………………
And then there’s this…
………………………………………………………………………….
Williams told GQ Magazine that he has always gotten to choose where he plays football…."I've always been able to choose the team that I've played on, and then everything's been scheduled for me," Caleb Williams told GQ Magazine. "But now, going into this next part of my career, it's weird [because] it's so uncertain. You don't know anything. You can't control anything but you and how you act. That's honestly the weirdest part for me, is the uncertainty."
…………………………………………………………………………………..
It’s easy enough to discount a fake online account, but I think other potential draftees at this point would be eager to post reassuring messages about how they’ll be happy to play for whichever NFL team drafts them. Caleb is not doing that, and he has the support from his family.
I think anybody who just assumes he’d come here if drafted is kidding themselves, but I could be wrong.

But in the case of the 2024 draft, Carl Williams' statements are incorrect. The Bears appear to be an up-and-coming team with lots of draft capital and salary cap space to improve. Is there a better situation for him among teams that are seeking a new starting QB?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
NME wrote:
The Bears should be looking to get all they can out of Washington for the pick and go from there. I don’t think it ends well drafting a guy that doesn’t want to play for you anyway, sounds like it will be a problem from day 1.

On the other hand I hate all these trade back scenarios where the Bears fall out of range to grab one of the elite players in the draft (like MHJ) and wind up with another player they have to cough up a big salary for (like the Raiders deal).. at some point you accumulate these high draft picks in anticipation of winding up to be in a position to draft generational talent like MHJ or Maye or whoever.. so build thru the draft and don’t pass up on these types of players when the opportunity presents itself. This is especially true when you’ll still acquire future picks in trades with teams like Washington.

I am not sure is Williams is the answer... What does MHJ add to this offense? Fields averaged around 17.5 completions a game this past year. Does it go up to 20? I wonder if any thought has been put into trading for an established QB, perhaps Herbert?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next