It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
It may be a bit of fools gold because Joe Flacco apparently retired a few weeks ago but forgot to tell anyone, but when you hear Stroud talk you get a strong leadership vibe from him and when you watch him play you can see he knows exactly where to go with the ball, have never got any of that from Fields. A guy can run like the wind, be able to jump out of a pool, or be able to throw the ball 70 yards, but if he cannot navigate the mental side of being an NFL QB he will soon be working in the media or find work as a "special assistant" for his college team.

Caleb Williams puts out a very strong "me first" vibe, it can work if you are way more talented than everyone else, but in the NFL you have to be able to get grown ass men to believe in you, and that may be a challenge for Williams.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
No thanks to any plan that involves acquiring star receivers who'll be fed by below average QBs. Garrett Wilson says it doesn't work and I think he's onto something.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Cashman wrote:
NME wrote:
The Bears should be looking to get all they can out of Washington for the pick and go from there. I don’t think it ends well drafting a guy that doesn’t want to play for you anyway, sounds like it will be a problem from day 1.

On the other hand I hate all these trade back scenarios where the Bears fall out of range to grab one of the elite players in the draft (like MHJ) and wind up with another player they have to cough up a big salary for (like the Raiders deal).. at some point you accumulate these high draft picks in anticipation of winding up to be in a position to draft generational talent like MHJ or Maye or whoever.. so build thru the draft and don’t pass up on these types of players when the opportunity presents itself. This is especially true when you’ll still acquire future picks in trades with teams like Washington.

I am not sure is Williams is the answer... What does MHJ add to this offense? Fields averaged around 17.5 completions a game this past year. Does it go up to 20? I wonder if any thought has been put into trading for an established QB, perhaps Herbert?

Not sure Williams is the answer either but after 3 years and two coaches I’m pretty sure Fields isn’t either. Like I said in another post, it doesn’t take this long to know if someone is ‘the guy’.. by now you know. What we know about Fields is that he holds on to the ball too long, overthrows wide open receivers or just flat out doesn’t see them. That’s been consistent thru all 3 years and most likely isn’t going away regardless of scheme or coach.

As for MHJ.. the point I’m trying to make is that you shouldn’t pass on generational talent when you have a chance to take a swing at it. 1st off it’s not even available in most drafts, it’s generational so it only comes along once in a while. 2nd, why aquire all these high picks in the 1st place? It’s in the hopes to position yourself to land a Williams or MHJ.. so now that they have, take the swing.

As for trading for an established QB that’s pie in the sky talk. Herbert isn’t available and it’s incredibly rare when they do become available -and I no longer feel Wilson is elite so that talk is dead to me if he’s brought up. The Bears are in the best possible position right now to take another swing at this position in the draft and it just so happens they’ve landed in a unique position where 2 generational talents are at their disposal. One is a QB another is a WR, and if they go the WR route they have the luxury of trading back just a couple spots acquiring more future top picks while securing a can’t miss type of guy.. but that’s all for nothing if they trade back too far and wind up out of the mix for that type of player.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:42 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
No thanks to any plan that involves acquiring star receivers who'll be fed by below average QBs. Garrett Wilson says it doesn't work and I think he's onto something.

The only thing I’d say to this is you have recent examples of guys like Allen, Hurts, and Tua who all looked much better and much different after better playmakers at the WR position were added. Does that mean Fields is as good as those guys..? I don’t personally think so but adding a guy like MHJ across from Moore will open things up more and most likely produce greater results even if Fields isn’t the answer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:48 pm 

NME wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

The only thing I’d say to this is you have recent examples of guys like Allen, Hurts, and Tua who all looked much better and much different after better playmakers at the WR position were added. Does that mean Fields is as good as those guys..? I don’t personally think so but adding a guy like MHJ across from Moore will open things up more and most likely produce greater results even if Fields isn’t the answer.

Yes but this overlooks Fields greatest weakness which isn't mitigated by adding MJH to the squad: he holds on to the ball too long. What would help Fields more than MJH is if some staffer stood next to Fields on each passing play and stun gunned him after 2.5 secs so he could get rid of the ball. That would actually address the root cause of his ineffectiveness.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:52 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
NME wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Yes but this overlooks Fields greatest weakness which isn't mitigated by adding MJH to the squad: he holds on to the ball too long. What would help Fields more than MJH is if some staffer stood next to Fields on each passing play and stun gunned him after 2.5 secs so he could get rid of the ball. That would actually address the root cause of his ineffectiveness.

I’m not saying it fixes anything with Fields -but I do think we’d get more big plays out of having 2 of those guys instead of just 1. After all, Fields doesn’t like to throw until a guy gets open and I’m willing to bet MHJ will do that quite a bit which could lead to more positive plays.

So no, it doesn’t fix Justin imo. But if the Bears are going to stick with Justin, I’d rather have MHJ than any of the other prospects.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:55 pm 

NME wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
NME wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I’m not saying it fixes anything with Fields -but I do think we’d get more big plays out of having 2 of those guys instead of just 1. After all, Fields doesn’t like to throw until a guy gets open and I’m willing to bet MHJ will do that quite a bit which could lead to more positive plays.

So no, it doesn’t fix Justin imo. But if the Bears are going to stick with Justin, I’d rather have MHJ than any of the other prospects.

Well yeah obviously draft MJH if you decide to stick with the bad QB, but I totally disagree on MJH adding value when the QB is as ineffective as Fields is. Again, you can't complete passes to either Moore or MJH when you're allowing yourself to get sacked. If you really want big plays get some guy in here who'll actually throw the ball on time with anticipation - super star receivers, while nice, are not required. See Stroud and Stafford both of whom made names out of unheralded rookies this year.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:00 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
NME wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
NME wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Well yeah obviously draft MJH if you decide to stick with the bad QB, but I totally disagree on MJH adding value when the QB is as ineffective as Fields is. Again, you can't complete passes to either Moore or MJH when you're allowing yourself to get sacked. If you really want big plays get some guy in here who'll actually throw the ball on time with anticipation - super star receivers, while nice, are not required. See Stroud and Stafford both of whom made names out of unheralded rookies this year.

DJ Moore just had the best season of his career -so yeah, I think it’s safe to say things look a lot better with a talent like MHJ out there also. Justin himself may not improve much as a player, but the numbers do. And that’s my point. If you improve on yardage and points scored, it’s an improvement overall. The offense as a whole would improve and benefit from adding another explosive playmaker -even if Justin’s problems remain.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:08 pm 

NME wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
NME wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
NME wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

DJ Moore just had the best season of his career -so yeah, I think it’s safe to say things look a lot better with a talent like MHJ out there also. Justin himself may not improve much as a player, but the numbers do. And that’s my point. If you improve on yardage and points scored, it’s an improvement overall. The offense as a whole would improve and benefit from adding another explosive playmaker -even if Justin’s problems remain.

Moore's individual stats are irrelevant to your point which is about overall production. The bears averaged 19.2 points in 2022 and increased that by around 1.9 points in 2023. So adding Moore, more o-line help, and continued growth from Kmet made no real difference in overall points per game. Why? It's because the QB is incapable of throwing. This is what you're not getting. Adding MJH is not going to add another touchdown to the bears overall scoring average even if individually he has a decent season.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
DJ Moore just had the best season of his career -so yeah, I think it’s safe to say things look a lot better with a talent like MHJ out there also. Justin himself may not improve much as a player, but the numbers do. And that’s my point. If you improve on yardage and points scored, it’s an improvement overall. The offense as a whole would improve and benefit from adding another explosive playmaker -even if Justin’s problems remain.[/quote]

Moore's individual stats are irrelevant to your point which is about overall production. The bears averaged 19.2 points in 2022 and increased that by around 1.9 points in 2023. So adding Moore, more o-line help, and continued growth from Kmet made no real difference in overall points per game. Why? It's because the QB is incapable of throwing. This is what you're not getting. Adding MJH is not going to add another touchdown to the bears overall scoring average even if individually he has a decent season.[/quote]

Rubbish to all of your "points". The Bear's basically had one very good receivers and a good Tight end. Yet you are unwilling to recognize that accounts for not scoring more points. So you say adding another good receiver doesn't mean anything. In other words, in your viewpoint, Poles should not increase improve the offense in any way. Just give up. Just the same pitiful shit coming out of the morose Bear's fan base. Woe is us. Fuck that. A bunch of weeping Bear's fans on the wailing wall of Soldier Field rending their garments once again. Go find a sedative to take for Christ Sake and man up!!

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
A lot of chatter regarding Williams being a "generational talent". If the Bears brass agrees with this, then they have to draft him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:15 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

Moore's individual stats are irrelevant to your point which is about overall production. The bears averaged 19.2 points in 2022 and increased that by around 1.9 points in 2023. So adding Moore, more o-line help, and continued growth from Kmet made no real difference in overall points per game. Why? It's because the QB is incapable of throwing. This is what you're not getting. Adding MJH is not going to add another touchdown to the bears overall scoring average even if individually he has a decent season.

1st off I’m not saying it’s a significant improvement. 2nd I don’t think you understand a 1.9 ppg increase.. using that number as a measuring stick and adding another 1.9 ppg improvement that would put the Bears just outside the top 10 in scoring offense (using this years numbers).. so yeah, if the Bears could get another 1.9 ppg better, that would be improvement.

As for your final point, MHJ would be a multiplier similar to how Sweat is on defense, so he doesn’t personally have to put up all the numbers himself for him to have the overall impact.

So again, adding a player like MHJ would improve this offense even if it doesn’t fix Fields.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:18 am 

NME wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

1st off I’m not saying it’s a significant improvement. 2nd I don’t think you understand a 1.9 ppg increase.. using that number as a measuring stick and adding another 1.9 ppg improvement that would put the Bears just outside the top 10 in scoring offense (using this years numbers).. so yeah, if the Bears could get another 1.9 ppg better, that would be improvement.

As for your final point, MHJ would be a multiplier similar to how Sweat is on defense, so he doesn’t personally have to put up all the numbers himself for him to have the overall impact.

So again, adding a player like MHJ would improve this offense even if it doesn’t fix Fields.

Fields limitations places a glass ceiling on the production potential of the offense. Not gonna break through the ceiling until the QB is upgraded, even if you add Jefferson, MJH, Kelce and Jamayr Gibbs to the offense.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:26 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
If the Bears retain Fields as their starter, they will have the third or fourth best QB in the NFC North, depending on what the Vikings do at that position.

That's not exactly a sound strategy to "take the North and never give it back."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:26 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
NME wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Fields limitations places a glass ceiling on the production potential of the offense. Not gonna break through the ceiling until the QB is upgraded, even if you add Jefferson, MJH, Kelce and Jamayr Gibbs to the offense.

^This isn’t the same as saying the offense can improve with the addition of another incredibly talented player.. so are you changing your argument?

Because I’m certainly not suggesting that Fields himself changes much. I’m saying adding another good/great player adds to the overall offensive production, which does make the offense a little better.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Nico Collins
============

Brevin Jordan
============

Dalton Schultz
============

Noah Brown
============

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:31 pm 

NME wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
NME wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

^This isn’t the same as saying the offense can improve with the addition of another incredibly talented player.. so are you changing your argument?

Because I’m certainly not suggesting that Fields himself changes much. I’m saying adding another good/great player adds to the overall offensive production, which does make the offense a little better.

I think you're just proving my point. You've now conceded the best you can do is mAke the offense "a little better" by drafting Harrison jr. Your slightly improved offense by your projection would still rank outside the top ten in scoring assuming all else remains the same. That, my friend, is not good enough. To really see exponential growth upgrade the QB and go from there. I want Harrison no doubt but Stafford, Goff, Stroud, and Love are dropping mad points on other teams and none feature superstar receivers. Get the QB right then focus on other stuff.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:36 pm 

I think you're just proving my point. You've now conceded the best you can do is mAke the offense "a little better" by drafting Harrison jr. Your slightly improved offense by your projection would still rank outside the top ten in scoring assuming all else remains the same. That, my friend, is not good enough. To really see exponential growth upgrade the QB and go from there. I want Harrison no doubt but Stafford, Goff, Stroud, and Love are dropping mad points on other teams and none feature superstar receivers. Get the QB right then focus on other stuff.

Anyone that understands how to put a passing attack together would not claim that drafting Harrison Jr. as the number one pick would only make a "slight" improvement on the offense. He is the BEST OVER-ALL RECEIVER IN THE COLLEGE GAME TODAY. This ignores also the fact that the Bear's receiving group was a weak lot with the exception of Moore and a injury prone Kmet. The rest of their receivers were bad and all of your magic potion of supposed franchise quarterbacks with the names of Stafford, Goff, Stroud, Love making superstars out of mediocre receivers lacks reality. Makes me wonder teams would even draft a wide receiver or God forbid a TIGHT END in the draft at all when you say all it takes is a little of franchise pixie dust to sprinkle onto whoever plays the wide receiver spot on a team?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:59 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
If the Bears retain Fields as their starter, they will have the third or fourth best QB in the NFC North, depending on what the Vikings do at that position.

That's not exactly a sound strategy to "take the North and never give it back."

Fields will be the best qb in the division. The Dak Prescott/Cowboys fiasco was more the reason why Dallas got creamed than the Jordon Love LOVE FEST. Pardon me if i don't give the Peckerwoods the NFL North after one game

I will say that I think that Eberflus is the problem of this team and that he should have been replaced. Hopefully a Offensive Coordinator will fix some or all of that? I think that he still makes major wrong decisions, particularly defensive ones.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:03 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Fields will be the best qb in the division.

Dude stop with this nonsense. There is no reality where Fields is the best QB in the division. At best he could be the 3rd.

Love and Goff are both worlds better than him right now.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
They are going to draft Mitch 2.0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:24 pm 

RFDC wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

Dude stop with this nonsense. There is no reality where Fields is the best QB in the division. At best he could be the 3rd.

Someone needs to admit The Hawk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:14 pm 

RFDC wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

One game against an entirely overrated Cowboys game does not make him a star. I will say that Fields will have to prove himself but he has the skills to be better than Love. As for Goff, he is 3rd best. He had a good game and I was happy for him. People forget how close the games between the division rivals really were.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:16 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
RFDC wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

Enjoy the Packer cool aid.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:38 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
RFDC wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

Enjoy the Packer cool aid.

Why wouldn’t I, your team can’t beat us and again our quarterback is significantly better than your current variety and there is no other argument.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:35 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Why wouldn’t I, your team can’t beat us and again our quarterback is significantly better than your current variety and there is no other argument.

a prostitue gets by sucking dick but nobody is saying theyre significanlty better than anyone else

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:50 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
IkeSouth wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

a prostitue gets by sucking dick but nobody is saying theyre significanlty better than anyone else

Take that, Hawgie!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:59 am 

The more I think about it the more we should really appreciate the favor that Fields did for us with how this season went. Williams has to look at the tape on how Fields played this year and think he can do things that Fields missed on and come in and quickly be a star. DJ Moore had a great year and established himself as a true #1. Fields did enough to at least warrant a decent return in a trade. A first round pick by a team that has to choose between him and JJ McCarthy is possible. The Bears could hypothetically even wait until during or after the draft to trade Fields. NFL QB play is pretty terrible. Some people think Jordan Love is the 4th best QB in the league. That's how bad it is. Fields is likely an upgrade for more than a few teams.

So thank you Justin Fields for your service. Enjoy Atlanta.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
They are going to draft Mitch 2.0

so a 2X Pro Bowl QB, or is 2.0 exponentially better rather than double

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
There are obviously drafting a WR, the WR room is trash behind Moore, the only question is when, there are guys that would start for you next year available up until the middle of the first round, MHJ, Odunze, Nabers, Thomas Jr., and Coleman are all way better than Mooney right now and would be a massive upgrade. The offense is still at or near the bottom of the league talent wise, so you have to start investing early round draft capital into that unit, you see the talent mismatches every week on the o line, especially against teams like that Packers who have first round picks all across the defensive line.

If you draft a QB you could see up to 5 new starters on the offensive next year, you cannot go into next season with Patrick at center, need two WR's, and another TE.

You have enough FA paper to bring in a top DE/DT and take a run at a veteran center, especially after you cut Whitehair and Jackson.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next