It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:43 pm 

The Doctor Of Style wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Yep firmly in. Caleb Williams will be a better professional quarterback than Justin Fields. Which really isn’t saying much because that bar is pretty low so I’m confident I’ll be proven correct.

Ok cool. Got you down.

Caleb's floor is Justin Fields. Easy call with him. Put me down for Bo Nix having more success then Justin Fields.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Caller Bob wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Look out CFMB! The guy that said Patrick Williams will be better than Kawhi Leonard is taking receipts!
And the guy that is too "spooked" to proclaim that Caleb Williams will be better than Justin Fields, clearly is not. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Caller Bob wrote:
At worst, most likely Caleb Williams is another Fields. That's the floor. Even in this bad scenario, you did reset the QB clock.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=131394

Ok so you have Williams to be better. Cool.

That's not what I said.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Juiced wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Yep firmly in. Caleb Williams will be a better professional quarterback than Justin Fields. Which really isn’t saying much because that bar is pretty low so I’m confident I’ll be proven correct.

Ok cool. Got you down.

Caleb's floor is Justin Fields. Easy call with him. Put me down for Bo Nix having more success then Justin Fields.
No problem. I'm really interested to see how this plays out. For the Bears sake and as a fan, I hope they get it right. Can't screw this up without it being a huge setback for the franchise.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Caller Bob wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Look out CFMB! The guy that said Patrick Williams will be better than Kawhi Leonard is taking receipts!
And the guy that is too "spooked" to proclaim that Caleb Williams will be better than Justin Fields, clearly is not. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Caller Bob wrote:
At worst, most likely Caleb Williams is another Fields. That's the floor. Even in this bad scenario, you did reset the QB clock.

https://www.chicagofanatics.com/viewtop ... 2&t=131394

Ok so you have Williams to be better. Cool.

That's not what I said.

Pick A Lane dude.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Quay Walker disagrees with Keyshawn.

Advantage: Quay

https://youtube.com/shorts/eYuYVQ2gPZU? ... VhWbJermBV

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:44 pm 

Imagealeb williams

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:45 pm 

Fields sucks lmao. So glad he's gone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Can't screw this up without it being a huge setback for the franchise.

the only way they could screw it up is by keeping Fields

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
They’re not built to win now.

They need considerable improvement across 40-50% of the starters before they can reasonably expect to make the playoffs. Getting competent QB play would go a long way.

No they do not. They are maybe three starters away with their defense, CB/S, DE,and DT. With their offense, they need a LT, C, WR,and TE, all positions which they have high draft picks to take care of. They already have competent QB play and enough free agent money to fill in the pieces such as a veteran stud at running back.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:14 pm 

You don't win a Superbowl anymore with just a competent QB.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
badrogue17 wrote:

They need considerable improvement across 40-50% of the starters before they can reasonably expect to make the playoffs. Getting competent QB play would go a long way.

Not to mention theyre still the worst team in the division and the teams above them arent going away .

That assumes that nothing at all will happen in the draft and free agency as well as better coaching does it not? Considering that they will net three first round draft picks from the number one pick auction and other high picks as well for sure,they will certainly pass up the Vikings, and probably the Lions and the Peckerheads. I am not impressed by any of the competition in the North. Lions are probably the weakest division champ in my memory and the Peckerheads barely snuck into the play-offs. The division is wide open for the Bears to win.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:59 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

If they are cheap you can.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:04 pm 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

There has been 1 instance of this happening. Foles 6 years ago, in the past 10-15 years

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

There has been 1 instance of this happening. Foles 6 years ago, in the past 10-15 years

San Fran going for #2.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

San Fran going for #2.

Brady and Mahomes won most of the recent SBs.. Purdy is much better than you think.. a mediocre QB will win again soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:27 pm 

Paths to SB:

Elite QB - self explanatory

Joe Flacco type QB = need decent weapons and top ten defense to go all the way

Trent Dilfer type QB = need top five running game and top five defense to go all the way

Fields falls into the Dilfer tier.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
veganfan21 wrote:
Paths to SB:

Elite QB - self explanatory

Joe Flacco type QB = need decent weapons and top ten defense to go all the way

Trent Dilfer type QB = need top five running game and top five defense to go all the way

Fields falls into the Dilfer tier.

Where's Eli Manning fall?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:29 pm 

Flacco

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:31 pm 

Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Trent Dilfer you are all citing examples that are 15-20 years old. As the league evolves even more to a passing league, it's less likely.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:39 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Trent Dilfer you are all citing examples that are 15-20 years old. As the league evolves even more to a passing league, it's less likely.
What time frame is valid? Wilson was also pretty average the year the Seahawks won it.

I mean, having a Mahomes or Brady level talent is obviously better but I don't know if that is a likely option for the Bears.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:43 pm 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
What time frame is valid? Wilson was also pretty average the year the Seahawks won it.

I mean, having a Mahomes or Brady level talent is obviously better but I don't know if that is a likely option for the Bears.

3300 yards, 26TD's 9 Ints average? Fields would kill for that season

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:03 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Bottom five passing offense, top five run offense. Plus a top tier defense. Both years they went to the Super Bowl.
The year they lost, they trusted Russ to throw a pass at the end; couldn't get it done. Average sounds about right.
Justin would absolutely kill for that season.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:24 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Both can be true.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:56 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Not to mention theyre still the worst team in the division and the teams above them arent going away .

That assumes that nothing at all will happen in the draft and free agency as well as better coaching does it not? Considering that they will net three first round draft picks from the number one pick auction and other high picks as well for sure,they will certainly pass up the Vikings, and probably the Lions and the Peckerheads. I am not impressed by any of the competition in the North. Lions are probably the weakest division champ in my memory and the Peckerheads barely snuck into the play-offs. The division is wide open for the Bears to win.

Can you tell me the last time your “Fields” or other led team beat this “Peckerheads” team you discuss?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Hawg Ass wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Can you tell me the last time your “Fields” or other led team beat this “Peckerheads” team you discuss?

Don't blame Fields for the losing streak! All he needs is an All-Pro offensive line, three #1 receivers, a HOF tight end, a top-5 running back, and a dominant defense. When that is in place, he will lead the Bears to a victory once every few years against the Pack!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:03 am 

say they bypass Williams. I still think they have to use some of what they get for him to draft someone like Nix in the early second.

I would hate to not take a swing with this qb group

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:39 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Don't blame Fields for the losing streak! All he needs is an All-Pro offensive line, three #1 receivers, a HOF tight end, a top-5 running back, and a dominant defense. When that is in place, he will lead the Bears to a victory once every few years against the Pack!

and if he has all of that and still can't win, it'll be because the system failed him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:43 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
say they bypass Williams. I still think they have to use some of what they get for him to draft someone like Nix in the early second.

They are drafting a QB for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
W_Z wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

and if he has all of that and still can't win, it'll be because the system failed him.

Crazy isn’t it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

They are drafting a QB for sure.

You cannot pass on a QB two years in a row when you have the top pick each year. Do other fan bases have this argument? First pick, you take the best QB. This is NFL doctrine. Poles should be fired immediately if he passes on Williams (unless there are some serious red flags).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 75  Next