It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Looks like nobody has gotten it right except KC. If you are just looking for a shot, then there's Allen, Burrow, Last Pick Purdy, Recycled Goff, Prescott, Tua, MVP Jackson, Herbert, Stroud, Lawrence, a bevy of QBs.

If you're looking for Mahomes, good luck. 3rd QB taken in that draft.

Let's get the 3rd QB this year and stop being so horny.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:
Looks like nobody has gotten it right except KC. If you are just looking for a shot, then there's Allen, Burrow, Last Pick Purdy, Recycled Goff, Prescott, Tua, MVP Jackson, Herbert, Stroud, Lawrence, a bevy of QBs.

Three of those guys were 1/1. One was 1/2.

40% of the guys you listed were picked at the top of the draft. A few of the others are garbage (e.g., Purdy).

Mahomes is an actual generational talent. Nobody should assume they can just grab a Mahomes value pick.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Best QBs of the last ten years and their draft round:

Manning - 1
Brady - 6
Ryan - 1
Brees - 2
Wilson - 3
Ben - 1
Rivers -1
Herbert - 1
Jackson - 1
Mahomes - 1
Allen - 1
Prescott - 4
Burrow - 1
Stroud - 1
Goff - 1
Stafford - 1
Hurts - 2
Rodgers - 1

So 13/19 were first round picks. Suggests you should target QBs in that round specifically to maximize your chances at finding "the one." If you have the first pick in that round, why not use it on the best QB prospect available?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:02 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nardi wrote:

40% of the guys you listed were picked at the top of the draft. A few of the others are garbage (e.g., Purdy).

Mahomes is an actual generational talent. Nobody should assume they can just grab a Mahomes value pick.

Bears are at the top of the draft without the #1 pick. Wasn't their last QB that everybody was thrilled with at #11?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
veganfan21 wrote:
Best QBs of the last ten years and their draft round:

Manning - 1
Brady - 6
Ryan - 1
Brees - 2
Wilson - 3
Ben - 1
Rivers -1
Herbert - 1
Jackson - 1
Mahomes - 1
Allen - 1
Prescott - 4
Burrow - 1
Stroud - 1
Goff - 1
Stafford - 1
Hurts - 2
Rodgers - 1

So 13/19 were first round picks. Suggests you should target QBs in that round specifically to maximize your chances at finding "the one." If you have the first pick in that round, why not use it on the best QB prospect available?

With zero thinking involved, my initial reaction is. Your list is digshit. No chance Herbert makes it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:10 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Bears are at the top of the draft without the #1 pick. Wasn't their last QB that everybody was thrilled with at #11?

Yes and he sucks.

Lesson is don’t assume you’ll find your franchise guy after 3 other guys have been taken.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:27 pm 

As pointed out, almost all franchise QBs are picked in round 1 or 2. I'm for that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nardi wrote:

You are absolutely right about Mahomes and his being a generational talent. And Reid is truly a generational coach who had the right guys around his development. I do think that the Bear's are correct with their assessment of Fields and his chance of being a very good franchise qb. That should be good enough for Bear's fans.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:14 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Nardi wrote:

You are absolutely right about Mahomes and his being a generational talent. And Reid is truly a generational coach who had the right guys around his development. I do think that the Bear's are correct with their assessment of Fields and his chance of being a very good franchise qb. That should be good enough for Bear's fans.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Yes and he sucks.

Lesson is don’t assume you’ll find your franchise guy after 3 other guys have been taken.

The "Fields Sucks" narrative isn't quite passing the eye test however.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:38 pm 

The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Yes and he sucks.

It's not really a narrative, it's data.

I guess it doesn't pass your eye test since you probably scroll through the top 15 QBs then stop. Had your eye scrolled a bit further down the list then you'd see Fields, so there's your eye test.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:01 pm 

Should help with the eye test as well

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/j ... ack/620820

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:16 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Yes and he sucks.

It's not really a narrative, it's data.

I guess it doesn't pass your eye test since you probably scroll through the top 15 QBs then stop. Had your eye scrolled a bit further down the list then you'd see Fields, so there's your eye test.

Ok. Let's Check the "data" then shall "we". Been around this game a long time and I've never known it to be "sucking" when a QB throws for 16 tds and 9 ints With 2 of the ints being hail Mary passes. That isn't exactly "sucking" by anyone's metric

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:27 pm 

Ok. Let's Check the "data" then shall "we". Been around this game a long time and I've never known it to be "sucking" when a QB throws for 16 tds and 9 ints With 2 of the ints being hail Mary passes. That isn't exactly "sucking" by anyone's metric

I'll give you the two INTs back. I agree, they shouldn't count. Doesn't change things tho statistically. I will drop the data soon. But when I do don't run away or ignore it. Engage it. Also add rushing TDs to the 16 passing TDs. Those are obviously legit.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:32 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

I'll give you the two INTs back. I agree, they shouldn't count. Doesn't change things tho statistically. I will drop the data soon. But when I do don't run away or ignore it. Engage it. Also add rushing TDs to the 16 passing TDs. Those are obviously legit.

Touchdown passes vs ints are the most important "stats" you can come up with. And that ain't "sucking" no matter what the numbers suggest. It's not tops in the league but that is hardly sucking. And it's tough to take you seriously when you can't even admit that the kid is extremely talented. When most everyone admits that he is extremely talented.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:39 pm 

If that’s all you care about, you’d have to acknowledge he’s the worst QB in the division. Even Cousins outperformed those TD/Int numbers and he was knocked out in week 8.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:09 am 

You can take a look at the following PFF breakdowns. Other breakdowns/raw data is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =760429258

Long story short:

Negligible improvement in some passing areas but not enough to move him from bottom third-tier QB to a level above; slight regression in other passing areas which is concerning. Elite rushing numbers despite fewer opportunities. Good deep, but bad on intermediate throws (https://preview.redd.it/justin-fields-b ... a959d15782). Underwhelmig third down numbers. Still takes a long ass time to throw the ball, which means he's not throwing with anticipation. This weakness drives a high sack rate plus puts a cap on the # of points you're able to score (since you're not throwing the ball on time or taking sacks, both of which don't produce points).

Color code:

Green = good
Yellow = meh
red = bad

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:11 am 

I was told by MANY a guru on here that the Bears receiving corps doesn't suck. Well outside of D.J. Moore, they obviously do. When you exclude D.J. Moore, the rest of the Corps COMBINED for ONLY 62 receptions. That's weak for a No. 2 receiver. For an entire corps, it's rather putrid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:51 am 

When you exclude D.J. Moore, the rest of the Corps COMBINED for ONLY 62 receptions. That's weak for a No. 2 receiver. For an entire corps, it's rather putrid
That's in large part because Fields doesn't throw much though. Zach Wilson, who is bad, threw 368 times in 12 games. Justin Fields, who is good or bad depending on how much you believe Keyshawn Johnson, threw 370 times in 13 games.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:56 am 

Brick wrote:
When you exclude D.J. Moore, the rest of the Corps COMBINED for ONLY 62 receptions. That's weak for a No. 2 receiver. For an entire corps, it's rather putrid
That's in large part because Fields doesn't throw much though. Zach Wilson, who is bad, threw 368 times in 12 games. Justin Fields, who is good or bad depending on how much you believe Keyshawn Johnson, threw 370 times in 13 games.

that is some incredibly stupid math wow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:21 am 

I was told by MANY a guru on here that the Bears receiving corps doesn't suck. Well outside of D.J. Moore, they obviously do. When you exclude D.J. Moore, the rest of the Corps COMBINED for ONLY 62 receptions. That's weak for a No. 2 receiver. For an entire corps, it's rather putrid

tight ends are receivers (hey, hey)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:30 am 

Brick wrote:

Jerry Rice was considered a great receiver because Joe Montana threw him the ball. Who knew that was all that it took?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:31 am 

LTG running away from the data just like all Fields fans do. Sad to see.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:33 am 

Brick wrote:

Jerry Rice was considered a great receiver because Joe Montana threw him the ball. Who knew that was all that it took?

If only Fields had Jerry Rice to throw to he may outperform Zach Wilson.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:35 am 

I would have thrown to DJ Moore even more often. You look at his numbers in comparison to other top receivers and he had less targets but caught a higher percentage of them. Same is true of Kmet. Those two were incredibly efficient.

DJ Moore was 16th in targets (old men Thelein and Hopkins had more looks) but 6th in yards. I don't have league catch % numbers but he had a career high 70%.

DJ Moore is open when he is open. DJ Moore is open when he is not open. Throw him the ball

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:43 am 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

If only Fields had Jerry Rice to throw to he may outperform Zach Wilson.

If only Darnell Mooney had Patrick Mahomes throwing to him then he'd be Jerry Rice.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:44 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
I would have thrown to DJ Moore even more often. You look at his numbers in comparison to other top receivers and he had less targets but caught a higher percentage of them. Same is true of Kmet. Those two were incredibly efficient.

DJ Moore was 16th in targets (old men Thelein and Hopkins had more looks) but 6th in yards. I don't have league catch % numbers but he had a career high 70%.

DJ Moore is open when he is open. DJ Moore is open when he is not open. Throw him the ball

I agree wholeheartedly. From what I can tell, DJ Moore is better than was widely believed heading into the 2023 season.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:46 am 

If only Darnell Mooney had Patrick Mahomes throwing to him then he'd be Jerry Rice.

Are you saying that Mahomes couldn't make Darnell Mooney a better player than Justin Fields can?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:48 am 

Brick wrote:

Are you saying that Mahomes couldn't make Darnell Mooney a better player than Justin Fields can?

Are you saying that Jerry Rice wouldn't make Justin Fields a better player than Darnell Mooney can?

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:49 am 

I'm not playing this dumb game based on your bad point any more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 75  Next