It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
Today Cowherd said he received a call from the Williams camp.

Th person said Williams doesn't want to be painted as the villian, doesn't want to be viewed as anti-Bear and thinks there is a path to succeed in Chicago.

Cowherd then said deep down Williams has deep concerns about the Bears.

and the beat goes on......

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:22 pm 

Yea the concerns are you're working in the frozen tundra and there's no cheerleaders and there a rotting vagina holding a death grip on the team

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I have received the further light I was in search of.

Drake Maye will be a very good to great NFL quarterback if he avoids the Patriots. He has all of the physical tools you look for in a quarterback. Maye also has the toughness that you want from a franchise quarterback. His parents were elite athletes and have created other elite athletes, so I don't think he'll struggle to adjust to the NFL lifestyle. I can see him being a top 5 to 10 quarterback if he avoids the ghost of Tom Brady. His floor is a likable and athletic Carson Wentz.

Caleb Williams has the potential to be the best quarterback in Patrick Mahomes' NFL. He's the multiplier type of player that Poles says he loves. The kid can do it all. He has excellent instincts, a great feel in the pocket, quick release, accurate, creative, always looking to pass, elusive, and has TWTW. He could even punt if they needed him to. Unlike Justin Fields, this kid wants all of the smoke. He has the arrogance and passion to believe he can be the best quarterback in the NFL. He should probably cut back on the candy if he doesn't want to look like his parents before he retires. His floor is a more athletic Dak Prescott.

My biggest concerns with Caleb Williams is how he'll adjust to being under center and his need to protect the ball when he's improvising. His height and his awkward slides are a minor concern. After investigating a little more, I've discovered the diva stuff is complete bullshit. Even the gripes about his father are exaggerated. I believe he comes from an upper middleclass family, so there shouldn't be many concerns about him making poor athlete decisions with money.

Caleb Williams is already better than Fields. You'll hear a lot of talk about his wow plays in camp. Just like you were hearing about Mahomes in Kansas City. You won't hear the bullshit about him taking control of the offense or being a hard worker like we heard about (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and Fields. Whenever you hear players say shit like that, it's code that the quarterback is sucking. Caleb Williams is comfortable and articulate when speaking with the media. He's going to be a great face for the organization. He's the quarterback we've been waiting for. I'm ALL IN on Caleb Williams. I'm tempted to get my jersey early.

Let's go!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I wouldn’t trust a quarterback that wanted to play for the Bears

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Caller Bob wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
What a weasily little bitch.

Cowherd or LTG?

Relax Frankie Goes To Bollywood!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

KDdidit wrote:
I wouldn’t trust a quarterback that wanted to play for the Bears

:lol: :lol: I think you need someone who has the arrogance to believe he can be the player who makes Sid Luckman die again.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:50 pm 

Nas wrote:

Drake Maye will be a very good to great NFL quarterback if he avoids the Patriots. He has all of the physical tools you look for in a quarterback. Maye also has the toughness that you want from a franchise quarterback. His parents were elite athletes and have created other elite athletes, so I don't think he'll struggle to adjust to the NFL lifestyle. I can see him being a top 5 to 10 quarterback if he avoids the ghost of Tom Brady. His floor is a likable and athletic Carson Wentz.

Caleb Williams has the potential to be the best quarterback in Patrick Mahomes' NFL. He's the multiplier type of player that Poles says he loves. The kid can do it all. He has excellent instincts, a great feel in the pocket, quick release, accurate, creative, always looking to pass, elusive, and has TWTW. He could even punt if they needed him to. Unlike Justin Fields, this kid wants all of the smoke. He has the arrogance and passion to believe he can be the best quarterback in the NFL. He should probably cut back on the candy if he doesn't want to look like his parents before he retires. His floor is a more athletic Dak Prescott.

My biggest concerns with Caleb Williams is how he'll adjust to being under center and his need to protect the ball when he's improvising. His height and his awkward slides are a minor concern. After investigating a little more, I've discovered the diva stuff is complete bullshit. Even the gripes about his father are exaggerated. I believe he comes from an upper middleclass family, so there shouldn't be many concerns about him making poor athlete decisions with money.

Caleb Williams is already better than Fields. You'll hear a lot of talk about his wow plays in camp. Just like you were hearing about Mahomes in Kansas City. You won't hear the bullshit about him taking control of the offense or being a hard worker like we heard about (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and Fields. Whenever you hear players say shit like that, it's code that the quarterback is sucking. Caleb Williams is comfortable and articulate when speaking with the media. He's going to be a great face for the organization. He's the quarterback we've been waiting for. I'm ALL IN on Caleb Williams. I'm tempted to get my jersey early.

Let's go!

The grades and analysis that i have seen on him doesn't scream "can't miss" though. And I have seen a ton of guys over the years that were considered that. I know the "consensus" all of a sudden is that you never can tell, but there have been numerous QBs over the years where you could. He isn't one of them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:56 pm 

The Doctor Of Style wrote:
The grades and analysis that i have seen on him doesn't scream "can't miss" though. And I have seen a ton of guys over the years that were considered that. I know the "consensus" all of a sudden is that you never can tell, but there have been numerous QBs over the years where you could. He isn't one of them.

What QBs are those? Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning are the only ones I can think of and even with Manning a bunch of people were saying that Ryan Leaf was the better option.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

Caleb Williams is already better than Fields. You'll hear a lot of talk about his wow plays in camp. Just like you were hearing about Mahomes in Kansas City. You won't hear the bullshit about him taking control of the offense or being a hard worker like we heard about (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and Fields. Whenever you hear players say shit like that, it's code that the quarterback is sucking. Caleb Williams is comfortable and articulate when speaking with the media. He's going to be a great face for the organization. He's the quarterback we've been waiting for. I'm ALL IN on Caleb Williams. I'm tempted to get my jersey early.

Let's go!

Everyone can miss. As I said, I think his floor is a Dak Prescott. While Dak Cousins isn't a bad player, I would still be disappointed if he wasn't better than that.

Keep in mind that a lot of the analysis will be distorted by folks who hate his style of play and by those who enjoy trying to knock the greats down a level or two for a variety of reasons.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Nas wrote:

Caleb Williams is already better than Fields. You'll hear a lot of talk about his wow plays in camp. Just like you were hearing about Mahomes in Kansas City. You won't hear the bullshit about him taking control of the offense or being a hard worker like we heard about (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and Fields. Whenever you hear players say shit like that, it's code that the quarterback is sucking. Caleb Williams is comfortable and articulate when speaking with the media. He's going to be a great face for the organization. He's the quarterback we've been waiting for. I'm ALL IN on Caleb Williams. I'm tempted to get my jersey early.

Let's go!

Who says a player has to be "can't miss" to be drafted? Do you know what the success rate of first round picks is?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Very little to lose when trying to replace the 23rd best passer in the league, a guy who's barely replacement level. If Williams busts you still lose nothing.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:02 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Who says a player has to be "can't miss" to be drafted?

Apparently You do.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Nancy's
Darkside wrote:
Who says a player has to be "can't miss" to be drafted?

Apparently You do.

What does this post mean?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

Doc of Style, how much have you seen him play? What are your concerns about his play?

I know he's a little shorter than most would like. I also know there were complaints with how long he holds onto the ball. The height concern is legit. From what I've seen, he's not holding onto the ball because he can't see the field. He's holding onto the ball, trying to give a receiver a chance to get open. It's similar to what Mahomes does, but Williams is more athletic. He should definitely cut back on it though. He doesn't slide like he's played baseball. Outside of that, I don't see anything that scares me. Maybe you do.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:13 pm 

Nas wrote:
Doc of Style, how much have you seen him play? What are your concerns about his play?

I know he's a little shorter than most would like. I also know there were complaints with how long he holds onto the ball. The height concern is legit. From what I've seen, he's not holding onto the ball because he can't see the field. He's holding onto the ball, trying to give a receiver a chance to get open. It's similar to what Mahomes does, but Williams is more athletic. He should definitely cut back on it though. He doesn't slide like he's played baseball. Outside of that, I don't see anything that scares me. Maybe you do.

Welcome back.

Even the getting open thing is kind of concerning. You want the guy to throw the ball even when a defender is all over a receiver. That's what he's gonna see when he plays in the league, except if he's playing against the cowboys.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:17 pm 

Nas wrote:

I have mostly seen only highlights. There are 2 things that concern me about him and any quarterback with his physical makeup. Height. I have never cared for shorter QBs. 6'0 is a red flag. I'm also concerned about his build. Doesn't seem like the type of kid that will able to take a pounding from NFL linemen and linebackers. Will confess that I have always been partial to the 6'3 6'5 Qbs with cannons for arms. If you have mobility too (as Fields does) then all the better.

As far as him holding the ball too long. That is a slight concern. But it doesn't take precedence over the other stuff though. I've never been a fan of smaller Qbs. And when you look at their success rate in the NFL, you'd know exactly why that happens to be the case.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:18 pm 

Fields has a lot working for him in terms of size and strength, there are just concerns about the QB part.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Fields has a lot working for him in terms of size and strength, there are just concerns about the QB part.
Not when you talk to Keyshawn Johnson he doesn't

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Trade the midget to the Raiders for the #12, Crosby, 2025 #1, 2026 #1.

If they decline, trade the midget to Washington for the #2, 2025 #1, 2026 #1.

If they decline, draft the midget #1.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

I have mostly seen only highlights. There are 2 things that concern me about him and any quarterback with his physical makeup. Height. I have never cared for shorter QBs. 6'0 is a red flag. I'm also concerned about his build. Doesn't seem like the type of kid that will able to take a pounding from NFL linemen and linebackers. Will confess that I have always been partial to the 6'3 6'5 Qbs with cannons for arms. If you have mobility too (as Fields does) then all the better.

As far as him holding the ball too long. That is a slight concern. But it doesn't take precedence over the other stuff though. I've never been a fan of smaller Qbs. And when you look at their success rate in the NFL, you'd know exactly why that happens to be the case.

The height is only a concern for me because he'll have some issues seeing over linemen when he's under center. He has tree trunks for legs so I don't worry about his size like I would for a Brees or a Young.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
He’s listed at 6’ 1”, so he’s probably more like 6” and change. That’d put him about an inch shorter than Mahomes - this isn’t a Bryce Young situation.

Build wise, he’s more like a taller Kyler.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:

No! If they believe he's a stud, they have to draft him. Your belief that you can build a great roster and then find a quarterback is bullshit. It doesn't happen. Besides, this Bears team is as ideal of a situation any #1 pick could dream of.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:31 pm 

Brick wrote:

What QBs are those? Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning are the only ones I can think of and even with Manning a bunch of people were saying that Ryan Leaf was the better option.

1. John Elway
2. Dan Marino. (got drafted low only because they put out drug stuff on him)
3. Vinny Testeverde (Missed but coming out of college was considered "can't miss")
4. Troy Aikman
5. Drew Bledsoe
6. Carson Palmer. I stopped looking after at 08. Those 6 in addition to the 2 you named were all considered "can't miss" coming out of college.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:

1. John Elway
3. Vinny Testeverde (Missed but coming out of college was considered "can't miss")
4. Troy Aikman
5. Drew Bledsoe
6. Carson Palmer. I stopped looking after at 08. Those 6 in addition to the 2 you named were all considered "can't miss" coming out of college.

I always get Kosar and Testeverde mixed up. Kosar was the supplemental draft pick.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:36 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

No! If they believe he's a stud, they have to draft him. Your belief that you can build a great roster and then find a quarterback is bullshit. It doesn't happen. Besides, this Bears team is as ideal of a situation any #1 pick could dream of.

It does happen. It has happened. It might even happen a week from Sunday.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:38 pm 

Brick wrote:

1. John Elway
4. Troy Aikman
5. Drew Bledsoe
Elway was a "can't miss". Williams is similar to most of those others.

Bonus points for putting in a "can't miss" prospect that 26 teams passed on though. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

They didn't build a roster to drop a quarterback in. They built a team around Jimmy G and then traded 30 picks for Trey Lance. Taking Purdy with the last pick saved MANY jobs. He's not just a guy, he's a stud and a killer. He covers for a coach who struggles in big moments.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
It’s been one day and I’m already sick of this story. Make him sit out a year if he doesn’t want to come. They’re making it sound like he’s a free agent.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:43 pm 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

1. John Elway
4. Troy Aikman
5. Drew Bledsoe
Elway was a "can't miss". Williams is similar to most of those others.

Bonus points for putting in a "can't miss" prospect that 26 teams passed on though. :lol:

Nah Marino's grade coming out of college was almost as good as Elway. They thought he had a drug problem at Pitt. And Williams was nowhere in Aikman's class or Testevedre's either when he came out of college. Carson Palmer either. You're delusional.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:44 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

They didn't build a roster to drop a quarterback in. They built a team around Jimmy G and then traded 30 picks for Trey Lance. Taking Purdy with the last pick saved MANY jobs. He's not just a guy, he's a stud and a killer. He covers for a coach who struggles in big moments.

They asked Brady last off season if he'd come and QB.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 75  Next