It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Nas wrote:
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Brick wrote:
The grades and analysis that i have seen on him doesn't scream "can't miss" though. And I have seen a ton of guys over the years that were considered that. I know the "consensus" all of a sudden is that you never can tell, but there have been numerous QBs over the years where you could. He isn't one of them.

What QBs are those? Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning are the only ones I can think of and even with Manning a bunch of people were saying that Ryan Leaf was the better option.

1. John Elway
2. Dan Marino. (got drafted low only because they put out drug stuff on him)
3. Vinny Testeverde (Missed but coming out of college was considered "can't miss")
4. Troy Aikman
5. Drew Bledsoe
6. Carson Palmer. I stopped looking after at 08. Those 6 in addition to the 2 you named were all considered "can't miss" coming out of college.

I always get Kosar and Testeverde mixed up. Kosar was the supplemental draft pick.

Yep. He had a pop gun arm but damn was he an intelligent play caller. One of the best minds probably to ever play the position.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Trade the midget to the Raiders for the #12, Crosby, 2025 #1, 2026 #1.

If they decline, trade the midget to Washington for the #2, 2025 #1, 2026 #1.

If they decline, draft the midget #1.

No! If they believe he's a stud, they have to draft him. Your belief that you can build a great roster and then find a quarterback is bullshit. It doesn't happen. Besides, this Bears team is as ideal of a situation any #1 pick could dream of.

It does happen. It has happened. It might even happen a week from Sunday.

They didn't build a roster to drop a quarterback in. They built a team around Jimmy G and then traded 30 picks for Trey Lance. Taking Purdy with the last pick saved MANY jobs. He's not just a guy, he's a stud and a killer. He covers for a coach who struggles in big moments.

They asked Brady last off season if he'd come and QB.

I would check with 50 year old Brady today unless I had Mahomes. Keep in mind this kid didn't have an arm either. It made sense for the 49ers to attempt to right their wrong.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

Last edited by Nas on Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Welcome back Nas!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:53 pm 

Nah Marino's grade coming out of college was almost as good as Elway. They thought he had a drug problem at Pitt. And Williams was nowhere in Aikman's class or Testevedre's either when he came out of college. Carson Palmer either. You're delusional.
Marino dropped because he had a bad senior year along with the drug stuff.

Carson Palmer had a bunch of negatives in his draft profile.

What makes Williams not equal to Aikman or Testeverde?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:55 pm 

Dan Marino liked gambling and the nose candy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:58 pm 

But still, if the only "can't miss" prospects from 1993 when Bledsoe was drafted are Carson Palmer, Peyton Manning, and Andrew Luck then that certainly isn't a reason do doubt Williams because he isn't a can't miss prospect either.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
It’s been one day and I’m already sick of this story. Make him sit out a year if he doesn’t want to come. They’re making it sound like he’s a free agent.

Yeah it reminds of the LeBron free agency sweepstakes from 2010 or whatever. I suppose it's in Caleb's favor to create this kind of buzz around him. The issue is the McCaskeys are too old fashioned too countenance this kind of stuff. They may direct Poles to draft the quietest most uncontroversial prospect available regardless of position.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

Last edited by veganfan21 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:00 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
It’s been one day and I’m already sick of this story. Make him sit out a year if he doesn’t want to come. They’re making it sound like he’s a free agent.

Yeah it reminds of the LeBron free agency sweepstakes from 2010 or whatever. I suppose it's in Caleb's favor to create this kind of buzz around him. The issue is the McCaskeys are too old fashioned too countenance this kind of stuff. They may direct Poles to draft the quietest most controversial prospect available regardless of position.

I doubt he was feeding information to known blowhard Colin Cowherd especially since he was wrong about Kingsbury a week ago and today had to walk back pretty much everything else.

Of course Williams is a little concerned with Chicago. He'd be concerned with Washington or New England or any other team that needs a QB.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Yeah it reminds of the LeBron free agency sweepstakes from 2010 or whatever. I suppose it's in Caleb's favor to create this kind of buzz around him. The issue is the McCaskeys are too old fashioned too countenance this kind of stuff. They may direct Poles to draft the quietest most controversial prospect available regardless of position.

Caleb Williams didn't create this. Someone in the media made it up. I'm not sure why so many old men appear to be invested in tearing this kid and his father down. I understand why agents of other players would want to do it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
They’re doing a “sure this never happened, but can you blame us for thinking it might have?” bit based on nothing.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:04 pm 

Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I doubt he was feeding information to known blowhard Colin Cowherd especially since he was wrong about Kingsbury a week ago and today had to walk back pretty much everything else.

Of course Williams is a little concerned with Chicago. He'd be concerned with Washington or New England or any other team that needs a QB.

I guess he's not feeding info per se but it seems there's some disagreement within Caleb's camp about the optimal place to land. They'd be in position to feed info to a favored media person if they had their ducks in a row but they don't, that's why I think there's so many conflicting pseudo reports. I'm sure some connected to Caleb think Chicago is fine and others don't.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:05 pm 

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Caleb Williams didn't create this. Someone in the media made it up. I'm not sure why so many old men appear to be invested in tearing this kid and his father down. I understand why agents of other players would want to do it.

I don't think cowherd is interested in tearing him and his camp down tho. I think he's a fan of them and knows them.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Caller Bob wrote:
Welcome back Nas!

He was gone?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
They’re doing a “sure this never happened, but can you blame us for thinking it might have?” bit based on nothing.

It's great for clicks and content creation. It's unfair to the kid but such is life.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I don't think cowherd is interested in tearing him and his camp down tho. I think he's a fan of them and knows them.

He made up a story.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Welcome back Nas!

He was gone?

My presence is always felt.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Brick wrote:
But still, if the only "can't miss" prospects from 1993 when Bledsoe was drafted are Carson Palmer, Peyton Manning, and Andrew Luck then that certainly isn't a reason do doubt Williams because he isn't a can't miss prospect either.

I posted can't miss from 83 to 08. Not since 93-2024

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Welcome back Nas!

He was gone?

I finely crafted a joke in the Carl Weathers thread just for your triumphal return.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Caleb made peace with the fact he may get drafted by Chicago before declaring imo. To me he comes across as a dude who is confident in his abilities and is excited about the next step in his professional life. I also believe concerns are naturally being discussed in his camp about potential landing spots -it would make sense. And I also believe Cowturd could have caught wind of something directly or indirectly and decided to toss it into the Public forum.

I think this all amounts to a big nothing burger slathered in don’t mean shit sauce by time draft day roles around.

Of course there’s also a huge possibility that Williams isn’t the only QB Poles and co are interested in -it would be foolish to completely disregard Maye (for example) given his talent level.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Welcome back Nas!

He was gone?

I finely crafted a joke in the Carl Weathers thread just for your triumphal return.

I saw a interview from him recently and thought he looked great. This is a difficult day in the Nas household.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:13 pm 

Cowherd on the p&s show clarifying his comments. Strongly intimating the root cause of any concerns with Chicago from Williams (either the father or son, probably the father) is Eberflus' job security. Does this mean they're more comfortable if Poles extends Eberflus? :lol: He claims to be in direct touch with someone from the Williams camp.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

NME wrote:
Caleb made peace with the fact he may get drafted by Chicago before declaring imo. To me he comes across as a dude who is confident in his abilities and is excited about the next step in his professional life. I also believe concerns are naturally being discussed in his camp about potential landing spots -it would make sense. And I also believe Cowturd could have caught wind of something directly or indirectly and decided to toss it into the Public forum.

I think this all amounts to a big nothing burger slathered in don’t mean shit sauce by time draft day roles around.

Of course there’s also a huge possibility that Williams isn’t the only QB Poles and co are interested in -it would be foolish to completely disregard Maye (for example) given his talent level.

From all of the interviews I've consumed, he comes across as confident and competitive but likable. That's not easy to do. The kid is concerned about his brand, and rightfully so. He even cut his hair. He wants winning to be a huge part of his brand. He wants to be better than Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady. IMO, he has the best chance to win immediately in Chicago. Winning championships in Chicago would put him in that GOAT conversation quickly.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Cowherd on the p&s show clarifying his comments. Strongly intimating the root cause of any concerns with Chicago from Williams (either the father or son, probably the father) is Eberflus' job security. Does this mean they're more comfortable if Poles extends Eberflus? :lol: He claims to be in direct touch with someone from the Williams camp.

Don't Cowherd your post. He's referring to something that he heard MAY be a concern 2 months ago when Eberflus was on the hot seat. Something he didn't think was important to report then. He didn't hear anything before making up those statements yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Cowherd is bitch slapping Spiegs :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Cowherd is bitch slapping Spiegs :lol:

Finish... the fucking story!

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:31 pm 

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Don't Cowherd your post. He's referring to something that he heard MAY be a concern 2 months ago when Eberflus was on the hot seat. Something he didn't think was important to report then. He didn't hear anything before making up those statements yesterday.

I don't know the order of things and don't care either way, just interested in how Cowherd rationalizes the storm he caused. He also said something that's sure to cut deep: he thinks Chicagoans overrate Chicago as a landing spot for Williams. Wasn't buying Parkins opinion that Chicago might be the best team in recent memory picking first in the draft. I actually think what Parkins said is reasonable but Cowherd said that's local talk, nationally people think it just sucks here. Reflects poorly on Eberflus' rep I guess but that's not necessarily surprising.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:33 pm 

Eberflus is a cuck and nobody wants to play for him. Poles can draft well it seems but keeping Eberflus will be his downfall

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I don't know the order of things and don't care either way, just interested in how Cowherd rationalizes the storm he caused. He also said something that's sure to cut deep: he thinks Chicagoans overrate Chicago as a landing spot for Williams. Wasn't buying Parkins opinion that Chicago might be the best team in recent memory picking first in the draft. I actually think what Parkins said is reasonable but Cowherd said that's local talk, nationally people think it just sucks here. Reflects poorly on Eberflus' rep I guess but that's not necessarily surprising.

He literally said the Caleb camp called him last night and was speaking highly of the Bears and he pushed back by questioning the job security of coach. He said he told the Caleb camp that's what makes the Bears a bad organization to go to. Why did he do that? Who is he working for?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Eberflus is a cuck and nobody wants to play for him. Poles can draft well it seems but keeping Eberflus will be his downfall

Cowherd manufactured a story. His concerns about Chicago are his own. His shitting on defensive coaches doesn't help his desire to see him go to the the Redskins or possibly the Patriots or Raiders.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:48 pm 

No idea, adds some intrigue though.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 75  Next