It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
The Head Coaches in the Superbowl this year will be "fill in the blank" minded head coaches

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:50 pm 

The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Brick wrote:
But still, if the only "can't miss" prospects from 1993 when Bledsoe was drafted are Carson Palmer, Peyton Manning, and Andrew Luck then that certainly isn't a reason do doubt Williams because he isn't a can't miss prospect either.

I posted can't miss from 83 to 08. Not since 93-2024

Yeah and all but one was from 30 years ago or more and that was Palmer who had clear question marks.

Don't draft Fields because he's not Elway though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
veganfan21 wrote:
No idea, adds some intrigue though.

I wasn't speculating. I was basing it on his words in the interview. He explicitly said he was trying to convince the Caleb camp that Chicago was an awful destination, even though Caleb appears to love a lot about Chicago and the team.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I know. So what are your own thoughts then on what cowherd's angle is.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:56 pm 

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I wasn't speculating. I was basing it on his words in the interview. He explicitly said he was trying to convince the Caleb camp that Chicago was an awful destination, even though Caleb appears to love a lot about Chicago and the team.

This is extremely concerning to me, I am going to need a moment.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:58 pm 

It's okay hawg. We're going to roll with H1M.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
I know. So what are your own thoughts then on what cowherd's angle is.

It's out of town stupid. He contradicts himself with the offensive coach stuff when he's simultaneously advocating for teams who just hired defensive coaches.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:11 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
It's okay hawg. We're going to roll with H1M.

The Hawk Lives!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:26 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Ya know, when Peter King and Dan Bernstein and Spiegel et al whine and complain about the state of newspapers and journalism I'd like them to keep in mind fraudulent reports and manufactured statements from dingdong sideline reporters and degenerate twats like Cowherd. It's hard to cry about these jobs going bye bye when they just make shit up.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

This is extremely concerning to me, I am going to need a moment.

You should Love it. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

Here is the ESPN interview and the Score interview. Silvy isn't a Cowherd fanboy. Parkins clearly is a fan and looking for another job.

On Waddle and Silvy, Cowherd said he heard something 6-8 weeks ago, and 30 mins later he says 8-9 weeks on Parkins and Spiegel.

He says, There are people in Chicago who don't love the coach, GM, or president." He was clearly lying.

A 3rd round pick is the worst pick in the past 5 years? GTFOH!

https://youtu.be/HErJ-72JrmQ?si=iAAzPFCtYk9GppIM

https://youtu.be/jjqd_ASsYF4?si=lc1sTLmTwcGdqTeW

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Cowherd is a gigantic pussy. Put something out in the universe then crawled away from it in under 24hrs. What a dumb, dumb bitch.

If he’s going to do the ‘Chicago sucks’ bit, he better either be from the burbs or have a better alternative. DC ain’t it. NY ain’t it. Vegas is a joke for old people who hate access to water and people who have to provide a credit card number before they can see a woman naked.

Overall, he’s a worthless cocksucker that needs to shut the fuck up.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

This doesn't sound like a diva to me. Hid thoughts on NIL do sound like a kid who doesn't know what being poor feels like.

https://youtu.be/HMkWtMkoVb4?si=VSC-CEttCKzQdBnD

Edit: A couple more interviews with this monster.

https://youtu.be/3IegWoWz3vs?si=B7k3qRJSOzIWMV0f

https://youtu.be/t7cYpY71TWE?si=69Lhwg-7thjQ1TjW

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Cowherd on the p&s show clarifying his comments. Strongly intimating the root cause of any concerns with Chicago from Williams (either the father or son, probably the father) is Eberflus' job security. Does this mean they're more comfortable if Poles extends Eberflus? :lol: He claims to be in direct touch with someone from the Williams camp.

Don't Cowherd your post. He's referring to something that he heard MAY be a concern 2 months ago when Eberflus was on the hot seat. Something he didn't think was important to report then. He didn't hear anything before making up those statements yesterday.

I don't know the order of things and don't care either way, just interested in how Cowherd rationalizes the storm he caused. He also said something that's sure to cut deep: he thinks Chicagoans overrate Chicago as a landing spot for Williams. Wasn't buying Parkins opinion that Chicago might be the best team in recent memory picking first in the draft. I actually think what Parkins said is reasonable but Cowherd said that's local talk, nationally people think it just sucks here. Reflects poorly on Eberflus' rep I guess but that's not necessarily surprising.

Keyshawn Johnson also thinks that Eberflus sucks as a coach too!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
On his show yesterday Cowherd made a passing comment about how all of this stuff was stirring up in Chicago so much he was even on local Chicago radio talking about it....said it with a smirk.

Can't tell you what he said on Chicago radio....stopped listening years ago.....now maybe 10-15 mins in the morning before I have to PTFB

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:09 am 
100000 CLUB

ShortTimeLurker wrote:
On his show yesterday Cowherd made a passing comment about how all of this stuff was stirring up in Chicago so much he was even on local Chicago radio talking about it....said it with a smirk.

Can't tell you what he said on Chicago radio....stopped listening years ago.....now maybe 10-15 mins in the morning before I have to PTFB

I posted the links above for his Chicago radio appearances so you can hear how big of a liar he is. His MASSIVE ego leads him to believe that we'll buy his bullshit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:42 pm 

Caleb Williams appears to have a little bumslayer in him.

Quote:
He’s much closer to Johnny Manziel than Patrick Mahomes on the spectrum. I mean that with respect and sensitivity, but that’s what I would say if I was a scout sitting in the pre-draft meetings.

We witnessed Caleb Williams having a mental breakdown right before our eyes crying uncontrollably in his mother’s arms. To me —as a former NFL Scout, he’s the most mentally fragile player I’ve ever evaluated, quarterback or otherwise.

He has little experience dealing with adversity even by his own admission..."

- Daniel Kelly
While it is a bit much to compare Williams to Manziel, he could be compared to former Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler. Kelly went on to say that he had bad body language and tone in the last six weeks of the season. It was evident that the Trojans were not going to compete for the Pac-12 title.

Kelly noted that Williams seemed aloof. Let's see, a quarterback with awful body language, gives off a bad tone when he speaks, and seems aloof. Where have we seen that before? Oh, right...Cutler!

While that is one person's opinion, there was something that USC backup quarterback Miller Moss said after he led an impressive upset over Louisville in the Holiday Bowl. Williams did not play to avoid a possible injury. Moss threw six touchdowns, a school record in a bowl game. However, after the game he said something that could be considered shade on Williams.

"I don't think it's as much about me as it is about the team. The emphasis is really to come together as a team. No ego, no individual. It's all about us as a team bonding together, and that's what we are to focus on moving forward."

- Miller Moss
The Trojans finished the 2023 season a disappointing 8-5 and 5-4 in their conference. It was a frustrating season for Williams after leading his team to an 11-3 overall record, 8-1 in the conference. He topped it off with the Heisman. He had a lot of bumps in the road during the season.

The incident with the crying to his mother really showed a lot. He is supposed to be a leader of Type-A personalities. That was not a good look. As Kelly said, Williams explained his behavior by saying he was never in a situation where he was 7-5. How will he react when he is on a team that starts the season 0-4 like the Bears did in 2023?

As the season progressed and USC was losing games, you could see Williams check out mentally. While he had 30 touchdown passes in the season, he only had 9 of them in the final 7 games. Additionally, 15 of his touchdown passes, or half, came against Nevada (5), Colorado (6), and San Jose State (6). He had no more than three touchdown passes against any other team. Finally, his team was 2-9 against ranked college teams when he played.
feed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone

Quote:
He’s much closer to Johnny Manziel than Patrick Mahomes on the spectrum. I mean that with respect and sensitivity, but that’s what I would say if I was a scout sitting in the pre-draft meetings.

We witnessed Caleb Williams having a mental breakdown right before our eyes crying uncontrollably in his mother’s arms. To me —as a former NFL Scout, he’s the most mentally fragile player I’ve ever evaluated, quarterback or otherwise.

- Daniel Kelly
While it is a bit much to compare Williams to Manziel, he could be compared to former Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler. Kelly went on to say that he had bad body language and tone in the last six weeks of the season. It was evident that the Trojans were not going to compete for the Pac-12 title.

Kelly noted that Williams seemed aloof. Let's see, a quarterback with awful body language, gives off a bad tone when he speaks, and seems aloof. Where have we seen that before? Oh, right...Cutler!

While that is one person's opinion, there was something that USC backup quarterback Miller Moss said after he led an impressive upset over Louisville in the Holiday Bowl. Williams did not play to avoid a possible injury. Moss threw six touchdowns, a school record in a bowl game. However, after the game he said something that could be considered shade on Williams.

"I don't think it's as much about me as it is about the team. The emphasis is really to come together as a team. No ego, no individual. It's all about us as a team bonding together, and that's what we are to focus on moving forward."

- Miller Moss
The Trojans finished the 2023 season a disappointing 8-5 and 5-4 in their conference. It was a frustrating season for Williams after leading his team to an 11-3 overall record, 8-1 in the conference. He topped it off with the Heisman. He had a lot of bumps in the road during the season.

The incident with the crying to his mother really showed a lot. He is supposed to be a leader of Type-A personalities. That was not a good look. As Kelly said, Williams explained his behavior by saying he was never in a situation where he was 7-5. How will he react when he is on a team that starts the season 0-4 like the Bears did in 2023?

As the season progressed and USC was losing games, you could see Williams check out mentally. While he had 30 touchdown passes in the season, he only had 9 of them in the final 7 games. Additionally, 15 of his touchdown passes, or half, came against Nevada (5), Colorado (6), and San Jose State (6). He had no more than three touchdown passes against any other team. Finally, his team was 2-9 against ranked college teams when he played.
feed

Meh.. Mahomes got blown out 61-10 at one point in college and had a losing record overall. Brady couldn’t consistently crack the starting lineup at Michigan while he was there.

Football is a team sport, the NFL is different than college. I don’t put too much stock into ‘team’ stats like wins when it comes to this kind of stuff. It matters a bit more in the NFL because the talent gap is different but in college it doesn’t mean much.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:26 pm 

I think that guy needs a refresher on what it means to be aloof.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:36 pm 

NME wrote:

Quote:

- Daniel Kelly

- Miller Moss

feed

Meh.. Mahomes got blown out 61-10 at one point in college and had a losing record overall. Brady couldn’t consistently crack the starting lineup at Michigan while he was there.

Football is a team sport, the NFL is different than college. I don’t put too much stock into ‘team’ stats like wins when it comes to this kind of stuff. It matters a bit more in the NFL because the talent gap is different but in college it doesn’t mean much.

He should still perform better against better teams. Most of his damage was done against crappy teams. That should be more than a little concerning.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

I would encourage you to watch the interviews I posted. One was with less than 6 weeks remaining in the season. I believe it was before the UCLA game. Anyone who would suggest he's anything like Cutler is preying on the reader's or viewer's ignorance. Anyone who would suggest that he's mentally fragile is doing the same. They got me too.

I would also recommend watching the YouTube "Every Throw" videos of his losses over the past 2 seasons if you believe he's a bed wetter or bum slayer.

If you still don't like him as a person or a player after consuming those things, I'm cool with it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:42 pm 

His stats against top 25 defenses are similar/slightly better than Luck at Stanford.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:48 pm 

Nas is on the Caleb bandwagon? I thought he was a Maye guy?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Caller Bob wrote:

Nas gets changed to Nas on a quote?

The only person I have ever heard use that name is IMU. Hmmm

Edit: now I am confused because now that post says Nas……I dunno.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Caller Bob wrote:

He knows it’s gonna be Caleb and his Bears meatball side has forced a conversion.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:07 pm 
Site Admin

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He knows it’s gonna be Caleb and his Bears meatball side has forced a conversion.

A guy who wants to go home and hug his dogs after a big loss is a big, red flag for me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:14 pm 

McCaskeys don't like the Caleb drama - whether real or perceived - and force Poles to trade the pick for an up and coming, well-mannered concierge who will help open the door to George McCaskey's Accord.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
I would encourage you to watch the interviews I posted. One was with less than 6 weeks remaining in the season. I believe it was before the UCLA game. Anyone who would suggest he's anything like Cutler is preying on the reader's or viewer's ignorance. Anyone who would suggest that he's mentally fragile is doing the same. They got me too.

I would also recommend watching the YouTube "Every Throw" videos of his losses over the past 2 seasons if you believe he's a bed wetter or bum slayer.

If you still don't like him as a person or a player after consuming those things, I'm cool with it.

Just tell me he's a killer. He doesn't seem like one cuz I saw some head hanging and some quit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:28 pm 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

Just tell me he's a killer. He doesn't seem like one cuz I saw some head hanging and some quit.

THIS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:46 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Nas gets changed to Nas on a quote?

The only person I have ever heard use that name is IMU. Hmmm

Edit: now I am confused because now that post says Nas……I dunno.

It's bizarre we can't call him Nas, considering in Nas's own signature he is pimping a podcast titled JHood and Cousin Nas

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 75  Next