It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
I would encourage you to watch the interviews I posted. One was with less than 6 weeks remaining in the season. I believe it was before the UCLA game. Anyone who would suggest he's anything like Cutler is preying on the reader's or viewer's ignorance. Anyone who would suggest that he's mentally fragile is doing the same. They got me too.

I would also recommend watching the YouTube "Every Throw" videos of his losses over the past 2 seasons if you believe he's a bed wetter or bum slayer.

If you still don't like him as a person or a player after consuming those things, I'm cool with it.

Just tell me he's a killer. He doesn't seem like one cuz I saw some head hanging and some quit.

When?

Major meltdown during the Notre Dame game.

Nas covered my planned response, but he played terribly in the ND game. It was a bad game.

Doesn’t wash away the rest of his college career.

Last 7 games of his college career he only threw for 9 Touchdowns. That has to be alarming. Particularly so given the offensive system in which he played.

He ran for 8 more.

I watched a handful of those games, he wasn’t the problem. He sucked against ND, that’s about it. Played well against Oregon and Washington. Utah he was ok. Didn’t see the others.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Quote:
The Bears' strong finish to the 2023 season wasn't enough to save Luke Getsy's job.

Chicago fired the offensive coordinator on Wednesday, NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero reported, per sources. Quarterbacks coach Andrew Janocko was also relieved of his duties, per Pelissero.

The team later announced the news, including the firings of running backs coach Omar Young, wide receivers coach Tyke Tolbert and assistant tight ends coach Tim Zetts.

That sucks, Fields was doing so well running the ball under Getsy. I wonder what will happen under a new coordinator.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
I'm talking about Fields and Fields' data. Try to stay on point.

Nah dude. Caleb's "data" is also part of the discussion as well.

The data also says he had a better QB rating and more yards per attempt than he had in his Heisman season. It also says he averaged 300 yards and had 8 rushing touchdowns in the games you're talking about. I believe he had 1 interception in his final 6 games.

Not being able to shine against better teams has to be concerning. And Fields played against Better comp in College and his numbers in has last full season were similar if not better than Williams were even during his Heisman season.

And if straight dropback and throw quickly is your thing, then Williams isn't your man. He holds the ball as Fields does, without Fields athleticism or size however. He's going to get killed in the NFL doing that.

I invited you to watch the 5 to 10 min videos on YouTube and listen to his words. You've refused. You're only interested in holding water for Fields and consuming things that confirm your Caleb bias. There's nothing additional for us to discuss.

For the record, Fields played with 3 receivers that were drafted in the top 10, linemen that were drafted early, running backs that were drafted early, and a competent defense. No offensive player Caleb played with will be drafted in the first round this year. Jerry Rice's son MAY be a Day 2 pick.

It's okay to want Fields without pretending that your desire to retain Fields has something to do with Caleb's deficiencies.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
He ran for 8 more.

I watched a handful of those games, he wasn’t the problem. He sucked against ND, that’s about it. Played well against Oregon and Washington. Utah he was ok. Didn’t see the others.

Yet "WE" repeatedly bash Justin Fields for running too much. Now it's considered a plus.

I would be concerned about a dude padding his stats against cupcake teams. As Williams did. Doesn’t matter the sport. You have to play well against better teams. Particularly at the college level. By most accounts he merely played ok against good teams.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:36 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

The data also says he had a better QB rating and more yards per attempt than he had in his Heisman season. It also says he averaged 300 yards and had 8 rushing touchdowns in the games you're talking about. I believe he had 1 interception in his final 6 games.

Not being able to shine against better teams has to be concerning. And Fields played against Better comp in College and his numbers in has last full season were similar if not better than Williams were even during his Heisman season.

And if straight dropback and throw quickly is your thing, then Williams isn't your man. He holds the ball as Fields does, without Fields athleticism or size however. He's going to get killed in the NFL doing that.

I invited you to watch the 5 to 10 min videos on YouTube and listen to his words. You've refused. You're only interested in holding water for Fields and consuming things that confirm your Caleb bias. There's nothing additional for us to discuss.

For the record, Fields played with 3 receivers that were drafted in the top 10, linemen that were drafted early, running backs that were drafted early, and a competent defense. No offensive player Caleb played with will be drafted in the first round this year. Jerry Rice's son MAY be a Day 2 pick.

It's okay to want Fields without pretending that your desire to retain Fields has something to do with Caleb's deficiencies.

I watched a 10 minute highlight tape on him. 95% of it was him scrambling around, holding the ball, and trying to make a play. Very little was straight drop back and throw.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:44 pm 

He ran for 8 more.

Yet "WE" repeatedly bash Justin Fields for running too much. Now it's considered a plus.

I would be concerned about a dude padding his stats against cupcake teams. As Williams did. Doesn’t matter the sport. You have to play well against better teams. Particularly at the college level. By most accounts he merely played ok against good teams.

Because we watch games and understand running as opposed to running.

Again, his stats against top 25 defenses were mostly better than Andrew Luck. The weird thing about great defenses is that they tend not to be routed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:45 pm 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
I would encourage you to watch the interviews I posted. One was with less than 6 weeks remaining in the season. I believe it was before the UCLA game. Anyone who would suggest he's anything like Cutler is preying on the reader's or viewer's ignorance. Anyone who would suggest that he's mentally fragile is doing the same. They got me too.

I would also recommend watching the YouTube "Every Throw" videos of his losses over the past 2 seasons if you believe he's a bed wetter or bum slayer.

If you still don't like him as a person or a player after consuming those things, I'm cool with it.

Just tell me he's a killer. He doesn't seem like one cuz I saw some head hanging and some quit.

When?

Nas covered my planned response, but he played terribly in the ND game. It was a bad game.

I'm not washing away anything.

It's how he handled the pressure of the ND game, and how he responded after the Washington game that bothers me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:48 pm 

He ran for 8 more.

Again, his stats against top 25 defenses were mostly better than Andrew Luck. The weird thing about great defenses is that they tend not to be routed.

And he is nowhere in Fields category as a runner either.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:49 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I watched a 10 minute highlight tape on him. 95% of it was him scrambling around, holding the ball, and trying to make a play. Very little was straight drop back and throw.

You do realize Fields' patented move is to drop back, stare at open receivers, and then run straight into the gut of a defensive lineman, right? All the data yu refuse to engage would demonstrate that if you cared to be objective.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:57 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

When?

I'm not washing away anything.

It's how he handled the pressure of the ND game, and how he responded after the Washington game that bothers me.

ND was a bad game. I thought his first half was awful (and as an ND fan, was happy for it) but he stayed in and played the full game. Had some good plays later in the game. I don’t know why that’s received as more than a bad game.

Washington was a game he played his balls off. He did everything possible to win that game and came up short. Getting emotional for failing with your best effort isn’t a negative for me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:02 pm 

He ran for 8 more.

I’d agree. Williams’ rushing TDs aren’t broken plays where he’s relying on elite athleticism; they’re not flukey like Fields’ running scores.

They’re mostly the result of him marching an offense downfield and scoring easily from short yardage.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:22 pm 

One thing Chicago has to clear up if Fields leaves is all the imprints/outlines of his body in the sod following all the voluntary sacks he takes. Wonder if Chicago will make Fields' next team pay for any re-sodding they're forced to do.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:25 pm 

He ran for 8 more.

I’d agree. Williams’ rushing TDs aren’t broken plays where he’s relying on elite athleticism; they’re not flukey like Fields’ running scores.

They’re mostly the result of him marching an offense downfield and scoring easily from short yardage.

His replacement threw for 6 tds in one game where he threw for 9 in his last 7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:27 pm 

He ran for 8 more.

His replacement threw for 6 tds in one game where he threw for 9 in his last 7. And even with his "elite" running, he still only avg 2 TDs over his last 7 games. At the college level where it's easy as shit to score if you're an elite player.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:37 pm 

He ran for 8 more.

His replacement threw for 6 tds in one game where he threw for 9 in his last 7

I’m aware. I put as much stock into meaningless bowl games as I do preseason baseball.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:50 pm 

I’m aware. I put as much stock into meaningless bowl games as I do preseason baseball.

I feel the same way about stats that were garner against crappy college teams.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:54 pm 

How do you feel about the Washington game?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:00 pm 

Didn't see it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:07 pm 

Didn't see it.

Check it out if you’re curious how he plays against good competition.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

ND was a bad game. I thought his first half was awful (and as an ND fan, was happy for it) but he stayed in and played the full game. Had some good plays later in the game. I don’t know why that’s received as more than a bad game.

Washington was a game he played his balls off. He did everything possible to win that game and came up short. Getting emotional for failing with your best effort isn’t a negative for me.

USC scored more points on Washington than any other team this season. A Washington team that almost won a National Championship. Why didn't USC win? Because their defense gave up more than 50 points. The USC defense gave up 34 or more points in 8 games. They gave up 40 or more points in 5 games. They gave up 50 points in back to back games.

If you really want to nitpick, you can be critical of Caleb for going scoreless in the 4th quarter against Washington after putting 42 points on the board in the first 3 quarters. That said, I don't think there's another quarterback who could have done better with USC's defense and offensive weapons. What does that mean for the NFL? I don't know. My belief is someone who did more with less in college can transition to the NFL game easier than someone who played with an all-star team.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
One thing Chicago has to clear up if Fields leaves is all the imprints/outlines of his body in the sod following all the voluntary sacks he takes. Wonder if Chicago will make Fields' next team pay for any re-sodding they're forced to do.

https://sports.yahoo.com/justin-fields- ... 00531.html

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

I'm not sure Marvin Harrison Jr will be better than a Justin Jefferson or his dad. If we're not talking about Harrison Jr being a top 5 receiver of all time, I wouldn't consider trading the #1 pick for any likely trade offer. It's 100% Caleb Williams for me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:33 pm 

Nas wrote:
I'm not sure Marvin Harrison Jr will be better than a Justin Jefferson or his dad. If we're not talking about Harrison Jr being a top 5 receiver of all time, I wouldn't consider trading the #1 pick for any likely trade offer. It's 100% Caleb Williams for me.

For me it's all about the engineer of the offense. Surround Zach Wilson with Jefferson, Lamb, Kelce and Breece Hall (he already has Hall) and the Jets still suck. But give a good QB some spare) serviceable parts and you get the Houston Texans. I want the Texans route, give me the QB. Idk if it's Williams but I hope it is. I know it's def not Fields tho.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:

For me it's all about the engineer of the offense. Surround Zach Wilson with Jefferson, Lamb, Kelce and Breece Hall (he already has Hall) and the Jets still suck. But give a good QB some spare) serviceable parts and you get the Houston Texans. I want the Texans route, give me the QB. Idk if it's Williams but I hope it is. I know it's def not Fields tho.

I think Fields is the most physically gifted quarterback the Bears have had in my lifetime. I don't think he will ever make some great leap. IF he made the leap that MANY thought he would or expect him to, I don't think he would approach what I expect Caleb to be. I wouldn't keep him for any reason. You may be able to land a player like Adonai Mitchell with that pick. A kid who I think will be a really good NFL player.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:00 am 

pizza_Place: What??
I wish the midget well with the Raiders.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:21 am 
100000 CLUB

I wonder if the Patriots would prefer Fields over Daniels. Maybe there is a Fields and the #9+ deal that could be made with them to land MJH.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:45 am 

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:

I think Fields is the most physically gifted quarterback the Bears have had in my lifetime. I don't think he will ever make some great leap. IF he made the leap that MANY thought he would or expect him to, I don't think he would approach what I expect Caleb to be. I wouldn't keep him for any reason. You may be able to land a player like Adonai Mitchell with that pick. A kid who I think will be a really good NFL player.

I think I may have started a thread about the idea of a leap a few months ago. Pretty sure there's no precedent of a guy struggling with his first franchise who then goes to a second franchise and becomes an MVP candidate. Guys may have mentioned Young and maybe a couple more people from 30+ years ago but I don't remember. I mean if you're MVP level that tends to get noticed at some point during your first stop. I can't imagine a guy who over 40 starts refused to throw the ball like Fields all of a sudden starts dropping on time dimes at his next stop to such an extent where he garners MVP consideration.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:03 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:

I think I may have started a thread about the idea of a leap a few months ago. Pretty sure there's no precedent of a guy struggling with his first franchise who then goes to a second franchise and becomes an MVP candidate. Guys may have mentioned Young and maybe a couple more people from 30+ years ago but I don't remember. I mean if you're MVP level that tends to get noticed at some point during your first stop. I can't imagine a guy who over 40 starts refused to throw the ball like Fields all of a sudden starts dropping on time dimes at his next stop to such an extent where he garners MVP consideration.

In Alex Smith's 1st 3 years in the league he threw 19 TDs and 31 Ints. Warren Moon's 1sr 3 seasons he threw for 40 Tds and 59 ints. Steve Young 21 TDs. 21 Ints. Dan Fouts 16 TDs and 36 ints in his first 3 years
Fields has thrown 40 TDs and 30ints in his 1st 3 seasons. If you factor in Rushing TDs the number generated by Fields jumps to 54 in 3 seasons

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:01 am 
100000 CLUB

I've watched so much Caleb Williams related content over the past few days that YouTube is recommending a lot of Caleb stuff. He had a sponsored podcast at USC that, apparently, no one has watched. Most episodes of Almost Pro don't have 1k views. I would have expected NFL front office guys or media members to view all things Caleb.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:

In Alex Smith's 1st 3 years in the league he threw 19 TDs and 31 Ints. Warren Moon's 1sr 3 seasons he threw for 40 Tds and 59 ints. Steve Young 21 TDs. 21 Ints. Dan Fouts 16 TDs and 36 ints in his first 3 years
Fields has thrown 40 TDs and 30ints in his 1st 3 seasons. If you factor in Rushing TDs the number generated by Fields jumps to 54 in 3 seasons

Smith is a probably a legit comp but going back to Fouts is not useful as the rules for defense have changed significantly. Stats for QBs like Fouts and Bradshaw look positively atrocious compared to the modern game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 75  Next