It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Brick wrote:
It's also kind of funny there is a scenario where Caleb Williams really wants to not get drafted by the Bears and Drake Maye would be desperate to be drafted by the Bears.

You have to imagine Maye is dreading the chance that he falls to #3 and New England. It's a worse situation than the Bears and the fans are used to winning Super Bowls every few years.

where does William think he’s going to go that ls going to be a better situation than the Bears right now? New offensive coordinator who has had success developing and running a good offense , the ninth overall pick in the draft which would get them another offensive weapon or a good lineman. A top 10 defense. Who else has a better situation for him to walk into than that?

I would imagine if he had a choice he would choose Washington over the Bears.

He probably thinks he is good enough to succeed anywhere though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
there’s nothing about either playing in Washington or living in Washington that is a better than Chicago right now, and Chicago sucks

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:15 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Brick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Brick wrote:
It's also kind of funny there is a scenario where Caleb Williams really wants to not get drafted by the Bears and Drake Maye would be desperate to be drafted by the Bears.

You have to imagine Maye is dreading the chance that he falls to #3 and New England. It's a worse situation than the Bears and the fans are used to winning Super Bowls every few years.

where does William think he’s going to go that ls going to be a better situation than the Bears right now? New offensive coordinator who has had success developing and running a good offense , the ninth overall pick in the draft which would get them another offensive weapon or a good lineman. A top 10 defense. Who else has a better situation for him to walk into than that?

I would imagine if he had a choice he would choose Washington over the Bears.

He probably thinks he is good enough to succeed anywhere though.

I disagree. He HATES losing. The USC thing should make it clear he can't do it alone. Having a defense that has a pulse is HUGE.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
badrogue17 wrote:
Brick wrote:

Has a #1 pick ever had a better team in position to draft him? Almost always they are going to the worst team.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:17 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
there’s nothing about either playing in Washington or living in Washington that is a better than Chicago right now, and Chicago sucks

He's from the area. He has worked with the OC there. The Bears have a field that players don't like.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:35 am 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

Most of this information was readily available for anyone who was interested in it. I say that as someone who ignored it all and took what I read as gospel until late last week.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:38 am 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

He's from the area. He has worked with the OC there. The Bears have a field that players don't like.

A shit Redskins team would likely have to give up their best player on defense AND lose draft capital. C-Will doesn't want to lose 20+ games over the next two years in order to play for Washington.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
this is gonna play out like 2023 draft--the team that picks 2nd overall ends up with the better QB.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:50 am 
100000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:
this is gonna play out like 2023 draft--the team that picks 2nd overall ends up with the better QB.

There was a debate about Stroud being a better quarterback. Young also went to a tram with awful talent on offense that gutted their team to acquire him.

Just embrace C-Will and the Bears finally finding a quarterback.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:05 pm 

I think some of the doubt surrounding Stroud stemmed from Fields' struggles. Although it's not like Bama was QB U.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Brick wrote:

There isn't one. Being great in Chicago would be better for his brand. What I've gathered from HIS OWN WORDS is he loves a challenge. He's not LeBron.

As opposed to him saying " I hate a challenge".

I'm happy for him he has his cliches and talking points down to a science. But alas, it doesn't mean squat.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Yeah there's some weird symmetry where you had a bad shopping experience at Ohio St previously which made you skeptical of Stroud. Now another UNC QB comes along after you gave UNC one star out of five after your last shopping experience there in 2017.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Brick wrote:

There isn't one. Being great in Chicago would be better for his brand. What I've gathered from HIS OWN WORDS is he loves a challenge. He's not LeBron.

I'm happy for him he has his cliches and talking points down to a science. But alas, it doesn't mean squat.

Gramps, you're free to put your 9 decades of experience to use and review his actual words and see if they align with his actions. Personally, I feel comfortable with what this kid is made of. While I don't think it's Brady or Kobe, I'm confident it ain't LeBron.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Yeah there's some weird symmetry where you had a bad shopping experience at Ohio St previously which made you skeptical of Stroud. Now another UNC QB comes along after you gave UNC one star out of five after your last shopping experience there in 2017.

While there isn't a QBU, I understand why anyone would be skeptical about Ohio State and Roll Tide.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:27 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Brick wrote:

Gramps, you're free to put your 9 decades of experience to use and review his actual words and see if they align with his actions. Personally, I feel comfortable with what this kid is made of. While I don't think it's Brady or Kobe, I'm confident it ain't LeBron.

I'm trusting Poles. Not you...whippersnapper...And trim that beard, for fucksake.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Brick wrote:

I'm trusting Poles. Not you...whippersnapper...And trim that beard, for fucksake.

I'm trusting Poles as well, but relying on the "experts" for information hasn't worked out for me.

It's my reminder of the Trump/Tubby Lockdowns. I initially hated it, even though everyone else loved it. I've embraced it now. I'll cut it off when I get some gray hairs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:46 pm 

Nas wrote:
I'm trusting Poles as well, but relying on the "experts" for information hasn't worked out for me.

It's my reminder of the Trump/Tubby Lockdowns. I initially hated it, even though everyone else loved it. I've embraced it now. I'll cut it off when I get some gray hairs.

I would like nothing more than get into the mind of Ryan Poles, but that ain't happening. My burning question is, "If there is a crazy haul out there like what I indicated with the Raiders or Purdue Rick's with Washington, what percentage of confidence in Caleb that he is the One", is needed to turn it down? Is it 60%, 70, 80, 90, 99? What is the magic number, because that's what I would be thinking.

66.6% for me. If I land on that number, I pick him and never regret it, no matter what.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:54 pm 

No one has a good answer for what to do at QB if you go for the "haul". This is like buying a Ferrari for visually impaired driver. What's the point.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:59 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
No one has a good answer for what to do at QB if you go for the "haul". This is like buying a Ferrari for visually impaired driver. What's the point.

He's not the only QB with big tits. Don't be so horny and desperate.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:04 pm 

My post has nothing to do with Williams. It's about the visually impaired driver for whom you want to buy a Ferrari.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

I would like nothing more than get into the mind of Ryan Poles, but that ain't happening. My burning question is, "If there is a crazy haul out there like what I indicated with the Raiders or Purdue Rick's with Washington, what percentage of confidence in Caleb that he is the One", is needed to turn it down? Is it 60%, 70, 80, 90, 99? What is the magic number, because that's what I would be thinking.

66.6% for me. If I land on that number, I pick him and never regret it, no matter what.

Keep in mind, I love Maye too. I think Maye can be a top 5 or 10 quarterback if he avoids the ghost of Brady. I honestly believe Caleb can be an all time great. I would need Brick's deal to include Payne for me to consider sliding back 1 spot. Even then, I can't say I would have 100% conviction to say yes to that deal.

I know I've kinda done a 180 in the past few days. Beyond some of the on the field stuff I've mentioned, I questioned what he was made of. I thought he was some spoiled diva. I had no interest in that. After reviewing an unhealthy number of videos since Thursday, I see that couldn't be further from the truth. The talent and mental makeup say all time great. Truthfully, I wish he wasn't Patrick Mahomes nice. I would bet it all if he was made of whatever Kobe and Brady were/are made of.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:

You would draft Maye. There's no scenario that I keep Fields. I would be beyond disappointed if Poles did that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:10 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

Keep in mind, I love Maye too. I think Maye can be a top 5 or 10 quarterback if he avoids the ghost of Brady. I honestly believe Caleb can be an all time great. I would need Brick's deal to include Payne for me to consider sliding back 1 spot. Even then, I can't say I would have 100% conviction to say yes to that deal.

I know I've kinda done a 180 in the past few days. Beyond some of the on the field stuff I've mentioned, I questioned what he was made of. I thought he was some spoiled diva. I had no interest in that. After reviewing an unhealthy number of videos since Thursday, I see that couldn't be further from the truth. The talent and mental makeup say all time great. Truthfully, I wish he wasn't Patrick Mahomes nice. I would bet it all if he was made of whatever Kobe and Brady were/are made of.

Mahomes is a killer on the field. I watched Netflix. Wonderful show with the distinction between the three QBs. One had to study plays with his wife, one sought every edge, crazy or not, to get to the heighths, and one was a killer.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

Mahomes is a killer on the field. I watched Netflix. Wonderful show with the distinction between the three QBs. One had to study plays with his wife, one sought every edge, crazy or not, to get to the heighths, and one was a killer.

He appears to be Mahomes nice off the field. He's competitive like Mahomes on the field and keeps score like Jordan when it comes to any snubs or slights. The bar for me is Kobe and Brady, and both Mahomes and Caleb fall short of that. The hope is Caleb's superior talent overcomes that deficiency.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:56 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

crash the Ferrari and then tank for Arch...you're doing a disservice to the current roster but he might be the closest thing a sure thing at QB this decade.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

crash the Ferrari and then tank for Arch...you're doing a disservice to the current roster but he might be the closest thing a sure thing at QB this decade.

The only truly great player that family produced was a bed wetter. He was Kirk Cousins with great genetics.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:21 pm 

yeah, but then he got injured before catching a pass for Ole Miss

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Jaw Breaker wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Brick wrote:

Has a #1 pick ever had a better team in position to draft him? Almost always they are going to the worst team.

Andrew Luck? The Manning injury tanked them (similar to when David Robinson went down and the Spurs landed Duncan).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

This may be unpopular, but I think Luck was overrated.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Brick wrote:

Nope it doesn't. The mere fact that he waited til the very last minute to declare for the draft is enough to suggest that he doesn't want to play for the Bears.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 75  Next