It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Hall of famer Brian Urlacher comes out opposite non-Hall of Famer Keyshawn Johnson…

Naturally, he's going to support the kid who paints his nails. His son is about the same age as C-Will. Years ago, I remember when that was a huge debate here. I think that son goes to Notre Dame.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Safe to say that Merril Hoge is not a fan of Caleb Williams
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/merr ... ends-2024/

Quote:
The one thing that is clear: He is not special,” said Hoge in a harsh evaluation. Hoge spent eight seasons in the NFL as a running back. Seven of those seasons came with the Pittsburgh Steelers, with his final campaign in 1994 coming with the Chicago Bears. “I hope the Bears don’t think, ‘Let’s try to make up for our mistake.'”

Quote:
“This is not Patrick Mahomes; ain’t even remotely close to that,” said Hoge. Mahomes, who is in his seventh season, has been one of the best quarterbacks in NFL history. However, he was selected 10th overall in the 2017 NFL Draft, eight picks after the Bears selected Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky second overall.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:11 am 
100000 CLUB

Caleb Jordan FTW

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:55 am 

Justin Fields has shown time and time again that he will get in a foxhole with ya. I doubt that Caleb Williams ever has.

https://x.com/SportsNus/status/1754168983694070255?s=20

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Justin Fields has shown time and time again that he will get in a foxhole with ya. I doubt that Caleb Williams ever has.

You've put up pretty big mileage numbers running away from the data that exposes Fields as a poor QB. Care to comment on why he got sacked on 8 percent of his passing plays while just a year later Stroud only got sacked on 3 percent behind virtually the same line? Or why Fields gets sacked on an astounding 10 percent of passing plays for the Bears while Bagent only got sacked on 3 percent? I don't think Fields got into a foxhole - it seems he was sacked and then fell into one.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:13 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

You've put up pretty big mileage numbers running away from the data that exposes Fields as a poor QB. Care to comment on why he got sacked on 8 percent of his passing plays while just a year later Stroud only got sacked on 3 percent behind virtually the same line? Or why Fields gets sacked on an astounding 10 percent of passing plays for the Bears while Bagent only got sacked on 3 percent? I don't think Fields got into a foxhole - it seems he was sacked and then fell into one.

Hey Hey! It's Tyson Bagent time. If Tyson Bagent's inability to get sacked is such a positive, then how did he end up throwing ONLY 3 touchdowns with 6 ints?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:26 am 

Generally you throw TDs to your teammates in the end zone and INTs are passes caught by the other team, so that's how Bagent got those numbers. But nice deflection: why are defenses sacking the hell out of Fields?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:30 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Generally you throw TDs to your teammates in the end zone and INTs are passes caught by the other team, so that's how Bagent got those numbers. But nice deflection: why are defenses sacking the hell out of Fields?

Deflection from what? Fields outperforming the guy who you implied was a better QB than he happens to be? Bagent throw nearly as many Ints as Fields despite playing in a 3rd of the games as Fields, but somehow it's a great thing because he didn't happen to get sacked? Is that really the hill you wish to die on? Just Asking QUESTIONS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:35 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I just listened to the Brugler interview with Jahns and Fishbain from a couple weeks ago. He has Caleb Williams ranked only very slightly ahead of Maye and thinks Daniels is pretty close to both of them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Sammy's
Questioning Justin Fields intangibles including his leadership and being an exemplary team mate and citizen is silly. It shouldn’t carry all the water but it should carry some. The same is true for Caleb Williams.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:43 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
I just listened to the Brugler interview with Jahns and Fishbain from a couple weeks ago. He has Caleb Williams ranked only very slightly ahead of Maye and thinks Daniels is pretty close to both of them.

Do you give his opinion more weight than others?

I just moved McCarthy ahead of everyone except C-Will. He makes quicker decisions than all of the top quarterbacks, he can make every throw, plays well with lesser weapons, he's athletic, younger, and a proven winner. I'm afraid the Vikings are going to draft him and redshirt him for a year.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:48 am 
100000 CLUB

crayphish wrote:
Questioning Justin Fields intangibles including his leadership and being an exemplary team mate and citizen is silly. It shouldn’t carry all the water but it should carry some. The same is true for Caleb Williams.

I'm clearly in the minority, but I don't think Justin has been a great leader. I've seen a kid who's entitled, rarely takes accountability for his play, and always quick to subtly bus toss his teammates and coaches. Working hard, be tough, and being present aren't the only important leadership traits.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
crayphish wrote:

I'm clearly in the minority, but I don't think Justin has been a great leader. I've seen a kid who's entitled, rarely takes accountability for his play, and always quick to subtly bus toss his teammates and coaches. Working hard, be tough, and being present aren't the only important leadership traits.

I don’t doubt people like him as a friend, but where exactly has he led the Bears?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Tall Midget wrote:

that's what Mr Wisconsin football Phil Longo indicated: approaching zero to negative value in Redskins drafting any of those 3 over rolling with Sam Howell and using the draft capital on....offensive line

it's almost like offensive line play is important or some shite

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:12 am 

Nas wrote:
crayphish wrote:

I don’t doubt people like him as a friend, but where exactly has he led the Bears?

Cue the typical excuses, all of which have been painstakingly debunked:

- He gets no protection (false, the protection is average to above average as demonstrated through o line statistics, including the bears ranking #5 overall in pass block win rate).
- He has no one around him. (false, he as good or better surrounding case as Stroud, Love, Stafford, Mahomes, and Jackson do, and they're all playoff QBs while Fields is in Cancun)
- Getsy (false, Getsy isn't responsible for the 3+ sec TTT, and the astonishingly high 10 percent sack rate on passing plays. That's indicative of a guy who can't play the position at a professional level in the NFL, and all of these were red flags in college scouting reports on Fields. He hasn't overcome those red flags).

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:15 am 

https://www.nfl.com/news/bears-would-ne ... -nfl-draft

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Do you give his opinion more weight than others?

I just moved McCarthy ahead of everyone except C-Will. He makes quicker decisions than all of the top quarterbacks, he can make every throw, plays well with lesser weapons, he's athletic, younger, and a proven winner. I'm afraid the Vikings are going to draft him and redshirt him for a year.

Tons of stuff out there about Washington wanting to move up and take Williams, very tempting to make that move if Maye is even with Williams on your board. The question is what can you get Washington to give up to move up one spot? They do have a goofy owner and seemingly have hired guys just to work with Williams, so you have an odd group of circumstances which should allow Poles to fleece them for a higher than usual return.

Have seen a few reports speculating that Poles wants three first round picks in return, but that likely would come from a team like the Falcons or Raiders who have to move up quite a bit.

You also have a great shot at picking up picks by moving the #9 pick if a guy drops that a team has targeted to fill a glaring positional need.

Poles could pick up tons of draft capital if he sticks with Fields, stock his roster with first and second round picks, but you need offensive playmakers, and your number one offensive playmaker is your QB.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:47 am 
100000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

that's what Mr Wisconsin football Phil Longo indicated: approaching zero to negative value in Redskins drafting any of those 3 over rolling with Sam Howell and using the draft capital on....offensive line

it's almost like offensive line play is important or some shite

When I look at video of the tackles, Alt is EASILY the best overall blocker. Olu has great feet and is a superior pass blocker. That said, I would provide prefer Fuaga over both. You can teach technique, but you can't teach nastiness. He's a nasty motherfucker.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
This morning Ostrowski said the odds on Fields’ next team have the Bears as the favorite at +125. That seems crazy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:05 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

It's becoming painstakingly obvious that Caleb Williams is nowhere near the "generational" talent that MANY had him being. Thus Poles should trade the pick.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:11 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

It's becoming painstakingly obvious that Caleb Williams is nowhere near the "generational" talent that MANY had him being. Thus Poles should trade the pick.

Idk, on one hand, you have legendary Bear & Hall of Famer Brian Urlacher on team Williams.

On the other hand, you have a basketful of non-Hall of Famers on team Fields.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Sammy's
Nas wrote:
crayphish wrote:

His team mates seem to feel differently than you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:18 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

Idk, on one hand, you have legendary Bear & Hall of Famer Brian Urlacher on team Williams.

Those Non football Hall of Fame guys get paid for their "thoughts" on Football. While Urlacher does not. And there are more than a few HOF guys who are also on Team Fields

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:31 am 

Safe to say that Merril Hoge is not a fan of Caleb Williams
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/merr ... ends-2024/

Quote:
The one thing that is clear: He is not special,” said Hoge in a harsh evaluation. Hoge spent eight seasons in the NFL as a running back. Seven of those seasons came with the Pittsburgh Steelers, with his final campaign in 1994 coming with the Chicago Bears. “I hope the Bears don’t think, ‘Let’s try to make up for our mistake.'”

Quote:
“This is not Patrick Mahomes; ain’t even remotely close to that,” said Hoge. Mahomes, who is in his seventh season, has been one of the best quarterbacks in NFL history. However, he was selected 10th overall in the 2017 NFL Draft, eight picks after the Bears selected Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky second overall.

When I think of legendary football minds, Merril Hoge is at the front of my list :roll: He doesn't list any reasons he doesn't like Caleb. He says, "I only watched 3 games last year and 3 games this year on Caleb". :lol:

He is a teams guy over QB guy. Says, "Teams win championships, QB's don't." Chiefs without Mahomes don't even make the playoffs. Patriots without Brady do not win multiple Superbowls, Bengals without Burrow are shit, Houston without C.J. Strout would be drafting in the top ten this year.

Replace Fields on the Bengals, Bills, Ravens, Chiefs, Texans, Browns, Bucs, Lions and they don't make the playoffs this year or next with Fields.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:37 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

Those Non football Hall of Fame guys get paid for their "thoughts" on Football. While Urlacher does not. And there are more than a few HOF guys who are also on Team Fields

Non HOF guys need to get paid. How do you get paid on social media? You create click bait. You zig when others zag. The smart ones know how to create interest in them when they don't have the name recognition of an Urlacher.

Colin Cowherd X's one stupid comment about Caleb not wanting to come to Chicago and he gets national attention. Silvy even said he didn't have him on for his "opinion" on Caleb coming to the Bears. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:39 am 
100000 CLUB

crayphish wrote:
Nas wrote:
crayphish wrote:

His team mates seem to feel differently than you.

I recognize that. Mooney also loved Fields until he didn't. They're professionals. It makes no sense to shit on the guy that may be potentially leading your team the following season. They didn't even want to break bad on Getsy. This group's character appears to be solid.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:24 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Non HOF guys need to get paid. How do you get paid on social media? You create click bait. You zig when others zag. The smart ones know how to create interest in them when they don't have the name recognition of an Urlacher.

Colin Cowherd X's one stupid comment about Caleb not wanting to come to Chicago and he gets national attention. Silvy even said he didn't have him on for his "opinion" on Caleb coming to the Bears. :lol:

Brian Urlacher might need to get paid also. And people tend to stop listening when guys continuously state dumbshit. And responding as well. See Jorr:. Thus if Hoge is claiming this ONLY because he seeks to get clickbaits then people will stop listening at some point because they will know that he is a damn idiot. Thus fewer "clickbaits"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
It’s interesting to me that almost all the talk is about Williams/Fields when Drake Maye is out there too and very easily could be ‘the guy’. People seem so intent on Williams. Fwiw I go back and forth between both (Maye/Williams) and I like them about equally. But I’m not ‘sold’ on the idea that it’s Williams or bust.

McCarthy is interesting as a project who most likely needs to sit his 1st year or so. Pennix would be in the conversation if it weren’t for his horrendous injury history, and Daniels I’m not informed enough on to have a strong opinion about to begin with.

But.. I do think this goes beyond just ‘Williams or Fields’

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
How many concussions has Merril Hodge had? Just Asking A Question!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:25 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

Kind of correct. They’re paid to entertain so they come up with provocative talking points to stay relevant. Complimenting the guy who’s been favored to go 1/1 for a couple years doesn’t grab eyeballs the way that comparing him to Johnny Football grabs eyeballs.

That’s why we should defer to the authority of unpaid hall of famer, Brian Urlacher.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 75  Next