It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:36 pm 

If Williams is like LeBron, where the hype doesn't impact his will, then I want him. But that's a longshot in that regard. It's why guys like Stroud do so well.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Nas wrote:
crayphish wrote:
Questioning Justin Fields intangibles including his leadership and being an exemplary team mate and citizen is silly. It shouldn’t carry all the water but it should carry some. The same is true for Caleb Williams.

I'm clearly in the minority, but I don't think Justin has been a great leader. I've seen a kid who's entitled, rarely takes accountability for his play, and always quick to subtly bus toss his teammates and coaches. Working hard, be tough, and being present aren't the only important leadership traits.

McCarthy's clearly the best QB in the class if one is looking for a Matt Stafford-Brock Purdy style suck-for-3-quarters-and-win-the-game-in-the-4th QB; which with the way the NFL has gone favoring offense and with video review and timeouts and stoppages out the wazoo, NFL games are becoming like NBA games in that the first 3 quarters mostly irrelevant anymore. So you might as well go with a good 4th quarter QB (Stafford/Brock Mid/McCarthy) over a starts-strong-and-slowly-gets-worse-as-the-game-goes QB like Fields/Cousins/Dak/Goff.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Justin Fields has shown time and time again that he will get in a foxhole with ya. I doubt that Caleb Williams ever has.

https://x.com/SportsNus/status/1754168983694070255?s=20

I am not impressed with Williams. I don't see the guy being able to last in the NFL due to his lack of size. I don't see him being able to take a good hit.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:36 pm 

Not fair to Johnny Football to compare him to C-Will; Manziel never lost to Utah and has 2 more NFL wins than Williams.

the proper comp for Caleb Williams is snowflake Baker Mayfield. Fuck, take Mayfield in 2024 over any of the QB's coming out of the draft--at least for the 2024 season; long-term different story.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Hussra wrote:
Not fair to Johnny Football to compare him to C-Will; Manziel never lost to Utah and has 2 more NFL wins than Williams.

the proper comp for Caleb Williams is snowflake Baker Mayfield. Fuck, take Mayfield in 2024 over any of the QB's coming out of the draft--at least for the 2024 season; long-term different story.

This is getting dumb. Patrick Mahomes lost 61-10 to Iowa State in one of his last college games. The reasons some of you are leaning on to like or dislike a player are mostly insignificant in terms of predicting future NFL success.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
I just listened to the Brugler interview with Jahns and Fishbain from a couple weeks ago. He has Caleb Williams ranked only very slightly ahead of Maye and thinks Daniels is pretty close to both of them.

It's becoming painstakingly obvious that Caleb Williams is nowhere near the "generational" talent that MANY had him being. Thus Poles should trade the pick.

Idk, on one hand, you have legendary Bear & Hall of Famer Brian Urlacher on team Williams.

On the other hand, you have a basketful of non-Hall of Famers on team Fields.

Those Non football Hall of Fame guys get paid for their "thoughts" on Football. While Urlacher does not. And there are more than a few HOF guys who are also on Team Fields

Kind of correct. They’re paid to entertain so they come up with provocative talking points to stay relevant. Complimenting the guy who’s been favored to go 1/1 for a couple years doesn’t grab eyeballs the way that comparing him to Johnny Football grabs eyeballs.

That’s why we should defer to the authority of unpaid hall of famer, Brian Urlacher.

Feel free to do so. Merrill Hoge actually said a helluva lot more why he believes that Caleb Williams will be bad than Brian Urlacher said as to why he thinks Caleb Williams will be good. In fact most of his reasoning appears to be that the Bears just "have to move on from Justin Fields.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:08 pm 

No offense to Lubbock, big fan of West Texas in general. But Lubbock aint LA and Texas Tech doesn't have the recruiting draw/gravity of a storied college football program like University of Southern California--Ronnie Lott, Lynn Swann, Junior Seau, Clay Matthews, Ricky Bell, Ron Yary, Rodney Peete, Frank Gifford, Orenthal Simpson, Charles White, Pat Hayden, Tony Munoz, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Marcus Allen, Reggie Bush, Anthony Davis, Morley Drury, Charlie Young, Brad Budde, Mark Carrier, Tony Boselli, Troy Polamalu, Marqise Lee and even Keyshawn.

Texas Tech has Wes Welker, Crabtree and Mahomes and Bobby Knight once coached hoops there. That's about it.

USC should never lose to Utah at home.

USC at home with a 3 year starter QB (2 USC/1 OK) who is supposed to go #1 overall in the draft vs Utah? That guy loses in that situation with the recruiting/roster advantage USC has over Utah? not #1 overall material.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Hussra wrote:
No offense to Lubbock, big fan of West Texas in general. But Lubbock aint LA and Texas Tech doesn't have the recruiting draw/gravity of a storied college football program like University of Southern California--Ronnie Lott, Lynn Swann, Junior Seau, Clay Matthews, Ricky Bell, Ron Yary, Rodney Peete, Frank Gifford, Orenthal Simpson, Charles White, Pat Hayden, Tony Munoz, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Marcus Allen, Reggie Bush, Anthony Davis, Morley Drury, Charlie Young, Brad Budde, Mark Carrier, Tony Boselli, Troy Polamalu, Marqise Lee and even Keyshawn.

Texas Tech has Wes Welker, Crabtree and Mahomes and Bobby Knight once coached hoops there. That's about it.

USC at home with a 3 year starter QB (2 USC/1 OK) who is supposed to go #1 overall in the draft vs Utah? That guy loses in that situation with the recruiting/roster advantage USC has over Utah? not #1 overall material.

You’re missing the point. I also don’t think you know much about college football based off your rulings here. Utah has been a better program than USC for the last 5-10 years. This year they were most likely about equal.

Most of the best QB’s in the NFL didn’t have stellar team success in college. You’re getting way too hung up on something that doesn’t mean as much as you think.

Again, if the best teams in college produced the best QB’s Ohio State and Alabama would be QB factory’s but they aren’t.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
Hoge gets some right and some not so much. The bootom line is who really knows about the college QBs.
What we do know is Fields is bad.

Merril Hoge of ESPN said, "Actually, I do like Brohm better than (Green Bay starting quarterback) Aaron Rodgers."

Todd McShay, another ESPN draft expert, piled on, saying Brohm would be the Packers' starting quarterback within two seasons and that "Brohm's upside is greater than that of Aaron Rodgers."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:53 pm 

NME wrote:
I also don’t think you know much

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
ShortTimeLurker wrote:
Hoge gets some right and some not so much. The bootom line is who really knows about the college QBs.

Merril Hoge of ESPN said, "Actually, I do like Brohm better than (Green Bay starting quarterback) Aaron Rodgers."

Todd McShay, another ESPN draft expert, piled on, saying Brohm would be the Packers' starting quarterback within two seasons and that "Brohm's upside is greater than that of Aaron Rodgers."

He has a broken clock thing going on. He’s right for the wrong reasons; he’s wrong for the right reasons.

There’s a class of human that I think would adapt well to living life like a goat, wherein the ability to ram one’s head against another’s would determine standing in society. In a land of goats, Merril Hoge would be king.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
ShortTimeLurker wrote:

He has a broken clock thing going on. He’s right for the wrong reasons; he’s wrong for the right reasons.

There’s a class of human that I think would adapt well to living life like a goat, wherein the ability to ram one’s head against another’s would determine standing in society. In a land of goats, Merril Hoge would be king.

The 2023 NFL Draft is just around the corner after a lengthy and in-depth process leading up to the first round of picks.

One of the major storylines for the past couple of weeks leading up to the draft has been the overall stock of Ohio State quarterback CJ Stroud. Projected as a player likely to be selected No. 1 or No. 2 overall, his stock has taken a hit with betting odds projecting him to slide down the board a bit.

Despite those projections, one NFL analyst has Stroud as the only QB in this year’s draft class to receive a first-round grade. That group of QBs includes likely No. 1 pick Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Will Levis and Hendon Hooker.

The analyst is Merril Hoge, a former NFL analyst for ESPN who joined the Dan Patrick Show to discuss the major aspects he looks for in a QB:

“You’ve gotta process (and) decision-making. The process and decision-making aspect and accuracy have to be that combination,” explained Hoge. “If you don’t have that, you have a big problem, one of those things if you don’t have it is going to run you out of this league. (Stroud) does have it.”

While Hoge feels Bryce Young shares those traits, he went on to dissect how Stroud’s arm strength and durability outshine what Young brings to the table. Many analysts have praised Young for his creativity when plays break down, but Hoge believes Young doesn’t have the arm strength or durability to make throws from a dirty pocket in the NFL.

“How will they play in the environment that the NFL is going to create? The majority of throws in the NFL are going to come from a dirty collapsed pocket,” Hoge said. “They don’t have the luxury of being better than everybody else half the season. How do they function in that?

“When you look at that category, now the decision-making and accuracy aspect and arm strength come into play. CJ Stroud is strong, he’s dynamic. His ability to throw accurate-wise, he can attack every inch of the field. You take Bryce Young into that pocket-collapsing environment, he doesn’t have a big enough arm so he’s going to be limited in where he’s going to be able to throw. And he’s not the same quarterback, he can’t make those throws”

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:12 pm 

That was one of those times of day.

Now do his Brian Brohm take.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:30 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
ShortTimeLurker wrote:

He said the kid didn't throw well on the move. That makes me believe he's never watched him play. It is arguably what he does best. Truthfully, all of his criticisms of C-Will apply to Fields. That makes me believe he didn't watch him play either. In fact, anyone who says Fields showed a lot to end the season is lying. There is nothing to support that. Fields was great for a couple of games at the start of the season.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:28 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Yep. People throw in "Fields improved a lot" as a way to soften the criticism that's gonna follow but it's mostly disingenuous. I'd respect Hoge's analysis of Williams if he didn't follow it up by praising Fields. If you think Fields can still be the "guy" you're either a worthless fanboy, a current or ex player supporting one of your own, or someone who thinks it's normal to force offensive lines to block for 45 minutes on passing plays. Hoge's analysis of Stroud gives him instant credibility but then all that credibility is questioned when he praises Fields, who's levels upon levels below Stroud as a QB.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:07 am 

Hussra wrote:

Yep!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: What??
ShortTimeLurker wrote:

For excellence in cynicism, the award goes to......Antioch.

Things are definitely getting out of hand. For instance, I've heard Urlacher say post retirement that he rarely watches football on tv.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Hussra wrote:
Nas wrote:
crayphish wrote:
Questioning Justin Fields intangibles including his leadership and being an exemplary team mate and citizen is silly. It shouldn’t carry all the water but it should carry some. The same is true for Caleb Williams.

I'm clearly in the minority, but I don't think Justin has been a great leader. I've seen a kid who's entitled, rarely takes accountability for his play, and always quick to subtly bus toss his teammates and coaches. Working hard, be tough, and being present aren't the only important leadership traits.

McCarthy's clearly the best QB in the class if one is looking for a Matt Stafford-Brock Purdy style suck-for-3-quarters-and-win-the-game-in-the-4th QB; which with the way the NFL has gone favoring offense and with video review and timeouts and stoppages out the wazoo, NFL games are becoming like NBA games in that the first 3 quarters mostly irrelevant anymore. So you might as well go with a good 4th quarter QB (Stafford/Brock Mid/McCarthy) over a starts-strong-and-slowly-gets-worse-as-the-game-goes QB like Fields/Cousins/Dak/Goff.

WTF are ya talking about? The disrespect for Purdy and Stafford is astounding on this board.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:22 am 
100000 CLUB

I needed a warm towel and a pack of Newports after watching this. C-Will is unbel13vable .

https://youtu.be/zaJweZkDvIc?si=RPdi6BkO6YIdZpqa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Nas wrote:
I needed a warm towel and a pack of Newports after watching this. C-Will is unbel13vable .

https://youtu.be/zaJweZkDvIc?si=RPdi6BkO6YIdZpqa

Looks great.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:21 pm 

Nardi wrote:
ShortTimeLurker wrote:

Things are definitely getting out of hand. For instance, I've heard Urlacher say post retirement that he rarely watches football on tv.

Hoge’s analysis on Williams was that he’s not special because he’s not Patrick Mahomes. He’s determined Williams may be worse than one of the greatest QBs of all time by watching a handful of Williams’ games, which I suspect was actually just the ND game on loop.

What the hell else am I supposed to do with that?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:29 pm 

Nardi wrote:
ShortTimeLurker wrote:

Hoge’s analysis on Williams was that he’s not special because he’s not Patrick Mahomes. He’s determined Williams may be worse than one of the greatest QBs of all time by watching a handful of Williams’ games, which I suspect was actually just the ND game on loop.

What the hell else am I supposed to do with that?

Nice try at spinning it. Hoge stated that he was nowhere close ro Mahomes and also that he wasn't "special". That is a damning indictment for a kid that many believe to be a "generational" talent. He also seemed to imply that the kid will be a flop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:34 pm 

He's no where close to Mahomes as a draft prospect. You know who else wasn't close to Mahomes as a draft prospect? Mahomes since he was the third QB taken.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:34 pm 

Damning :lol:

Hoge :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

The only authority on Unbel13vable that matters is Poles.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:50 pm 

Brick wrote:
He's no where close to Mahomes as a draft prospect. You know who else wasn't close to Mahomes as a draft prospect? Mahomes since he was the third QB taken.

Sense. Is it possible for you to make it?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:53 pm 

Nas wrote:

Yeah, this is tiresome and April is a long way away. Poles gives zero fucks what Urlacher of Hoge have to say.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:57 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

Yeah, this is tiresome and April is a long way away. Poles gives zero fucks what Urlacher of Hoge have to say.

But since Poles isn't exactly saying anything then I would like to know what other people think.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:02 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

But since Poles isn't exactly saying anything then I would like to know what other people think.

Sure, people with skin in the game which neither have. That's what's tiresome. Nas' opinion holds more weight as he spends his free time watching tape. Me and you sure aren't.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:06 pm 

Brick wrote:

Sense. Is it possible for you to make it?

Williams is much more highly regarded as a prospect than Mahomes was.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 75  Next