It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Nas wrote:
Bob, who is you guy? What's your top 5? Any sleepers?

LTG, are there any quarterbacks in this draft that you like? How would you rank them?

Whoever the Bears draft, will probably suck. What's the point?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Nas wrote:

LTG, are there any quarterbacks in this draft that you like? How would you rank them?

I haven't checked them out yet other than Williams. I want them to trade the pick for assets. I see that as the best course to take.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm interested in who you like now. I'm aware that you'll hate the Bears picks.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:10 pm 

Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

No doubt that he will.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:11 pm 

Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

Caleb Williams would have been the first overall pick 2 years ago. I don't see what's changed. He's the top prospect, let's see how the Bears ruin him.

Maye could be a Herbert type guy. No other QB in this draft will amount to anything including JJ McHandoff

If you want your QB to succeed you sure as shit don't keep Matt Eberflus as head coach

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

There may not be a market for Fields. I know teams are posturing, but it sounds like Minnesota and Atlanta are interested in trading up in the draft for a quarterback, and the Steelers want to kick the tires on Ryan Tannehill.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Steelers sign Tannehill over trading for Fields they need to turn off their GM's team-phone.

Everybody can't trade up; market for the first 3 picks will be insane.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:
Steelers sign Tannehill over trading for Fields they need to turn off their GM's team-phone.

The Patriots are reportedly considering trading down. Howell will likely be available if Washington drafts Maye or Daniels.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Nas wrote:
Hussra wrote:

The Patriots are reportedly considering trading down. Howell will likely be available if Washington drafts Maye or Daniels.

i didnt get why the jags traded minshew for basically nothing (a 6th) when they had a solid cost controlled backup qb for 2 more years. same would go for howell. you have a solid backup qb for cheap for 2 years. unless i'm getting a 4th or better i would just be happy having a cheap dcent backup to pair with the rookie qb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Could be the Peyton-Manning didn't want a competitive backup QB on the roster thing. Brady chuffed at having Garoppolo backing him up. K-Ron tried to burn down the franchise when the Pack drafted Love. QB's low-key bigger prima donnas than WRs. So far, Burrow doesn't seem to mind Browning's success. So maybe not every QB's a lil bitch about those things.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:
Could be the Peyton-Manning didn't want a competitive backup QB on the roster thing. Brady chuffed at having Garoppolo backing him up. K-Ron tried to burn down the franchise when the Pack drafted Love. QB's low-key bigger prima donnas than WRs. So far, Burrow doesn't seem to mind Browning's success. So maybe not every QB's a lil bitch about those things.

I think Brady's and Karen's biggest gripe was drafting a quarterback early when they were still trying to win championships. Brady was great enough to overcome Belichick's incompetence.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Hussra wrote:

i dont want a qb who is afraid of a late round journeyman qb. i thinkt he pushback is when the vet qb sees the team use high draft capital to get the backup qb. the jags situation with t law and minshew and a potential rookie commanders qb w/howell would be coming in to a late round qb who played decent as a starter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
There may not be a market for Fields. I know teams are posturing, but it sounds like Minnesota and Atlanta are interested in trading up in the draft for a quarterback, and the Steelers want to kick the tires on Ryan Tannehill.

There is (and will be) a market for Justin Fields.

Are Atlanta, Minnesota, Denver, Pittsburgh, etc. going to settle for taking the 3rd, 4th or 5th best QB in this draft as their answer for the future? Granted, QB's are often not evaluated in the way they end up performing, but these teams are not going to just settle for any QB from the draft when there is a younger veteran with perceived upside (like Fields). I'm confident that at least one of these teams will land a QB in Round 1 after Chicago, NE and probably Washington, but Fields will clearly have a market after the top ranked QB's go in the top 3 or 4 picks.

Assuming Cousins stays in Minnesota, Fields is the most proven QB on the market, even with his questions. A team could go with Flacco or Russell Willson with a rookie, but there are so many QB's to go around.

Fields will be a starting QB on of these teams next year and will have a good market.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

BD wrote:
Nas wrote:

Are Atlanta, Minnesota, Denver, Pittsburgh, etc. going to settle for taking the 3rd, 4th or 5th best QB in this draft as their answer for the future? Granted, QB's are often not evaluated in the way they end up performing, but these teams are not going to just settle for any QB from the draft when there is a younger veteran with perceived upside (like Fields). I'm confident that at least one of these teams will land a QB in Round 1 after Chicago, NE and probably Washington, but Fields will clearly have a market after the top ranked QB's go in the top 3 or 4 picks.

Assuming Cousins stays in Minnesota, Fields is the most proven QB on the market, even with his questions. A team could go with Flacco or Russell Willson with a rookie, but there are so many QB's to go around.

Fields will be a starting QB on of these teams next year and will have a good market.

McCarthy will probably be the 4th or 5th quarterback off the board. I would take him over Fields. He may need a season to sit and learn, but I think he's going to be good. I'm not sure Fields is better than Howell.

I guess my point is that Bears fans should prepare themselves for the possibility that a 3rd+ may be the best return the Bears can get for Fields.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Nas wrote:
BD wrote:
Nas wrote:

McCarthy will probably be the 4th or 5th quarterback off the board. I would take him over Fields. He may need a season to sit and learn, but I think he's going to be good. I'm not sure Fields is better than Howell.

I guess my point is that Bears fans should prepare themselves for the possibility that a 3rd+ may be the best return the Bears can get for Fields.

MANY on here thought Fields would get a 2nd rounder. That's highly ambitious and if Poles has that offer he best take it immediately. I don't think they'll get a 2....they'd be lucky for a 3.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

BigW72 wrote:
Nas wrote:
BD wrote:
Nas wrote:

MANY on here thought Fields would get a 2nd rounder. That's highly ambitious and if Poles has that offer he best take it immediately. I don't think they'll get a 2....they'd be lucky for a 3.

I know Kiper got laughed at for speculating Atlanta trade the #8 for Fields, but then a week or so later, Schefter indicated a 1st round pick could be possible for Fields.

That seems high to me, but if he's the most proven QB on the market and your alternative is the 4th best (or worst best college QB), maybe that could happen.

I still think it's more likely to be a 2nd and 4th type offer for Fields, but time for tell.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
BigW72 wrote:
Nas wrote:
BD wrote:
Nas wrote:

LTG would trade Mahomes for fields and give up a couple picks to sweeten the deal.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:39 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:

No chance he chooses Tannehill over Fields. This is a negotiation leak.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:42 pm 

Tannehill might be the one quarterback in the NFL worse than Fields.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

No chance he chooses Tannehill over Fields. This is a negotiation leak.

I think most teams would take Fields over Tannehill and that's not particularly even close. The only reason you would take Tannehill over Fields would be the compensation/$$$ Fields would be getting, but nobody views Tannehill as a long-term starter. He's much more of that stopgap option for a season if the team has a rookie they want to slow down on.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:57 pm 

I have held fast to the belief they will get a 1 for Fields.

It would be wild if they do get #20 and then Mc Carthy is still on the board at #9. They will have all sorts of trade offers for that pick if it is true.

I'd prefer the safer route, that 4 qb go in the top 8, as well as Alt, MJH, Bowers and Dallas Turner, leaving Odunze and Nabers for the Bears to choose from.

I can't get away from the idea that Atlanta, with a new defensive HC, is going defense with their first pick.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:36 pm 

Good God, has this douche ever picked up a weight in his entire life?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

I started to splurge on the same thing, but there is still a chance he won't be a Bear. Going full Meatball wasn't worth the risk.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:40 pm 

Maybe he wants to roll with a new number in the pros? That's a kids medium jersey btw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Maybe he wants to roll with a new number in the pros? That's a kids medium jersey btw

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
I started to splurge on the same thing, but there is still a chance he won't be a Bear. Going full Meatball wasn't worth the risk.

He's definitely gonna be a Bear. Zero chance any other scenario plays out. Anything else you hear between now and the draft is just people trying to find shit to talk about for a few months.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

He's definitely gonna be a Bear. Zero chance any other scenario plays out. Anything else you hear between now and the draft is just people trying to find shit to talk about for a few months.

This makes me nervous and sweaty. I don't think the chance of him not being a Bear is high, but it's better than 0%

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:36 pm 

This wouldn't be too shabby

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:39 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

If you want your QB to succeed you sure as shit don't keep Matt Eberflus as head coach

Yet when it comes to Justin Fields Eberflus definitely is not considered a hindrance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 75  Next