It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:12 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Honest question, did the Bears misjudge the market for Fields? Seems I am seeing and hearing this more and just curious what y’all think.

The circumstances favor buyers currently more than sellers.

I agree and it is the reason the question I do believe is warranted. I don’t know if they could or couldn’t have gotten more if they would have traded him earlier but it isn’t looking great now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
There's only one way he could have gotten traded earlier: if he was any good.

Imagine, a 25 year old good QB on his rookie deal who is available. There'd be at least ten teams competing for his services, including NO, LAR, ATL, NYG, PIT, etc. But because he's not good, teams would rather roll with Pickett or wait for Wilson.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:24 pm 

https://youtu.be/VFdjWSfxhdM?si=XZJlhjx_1WGAsUo3

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:50 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

Imagine, a 25 year old good QB on his rookie deal who is available. There'd be at least ten teams competing for his services, including NO, LAR, ATL, NYG, PIT, etc. But because he's not good, teams would rather roll with Pickett or wait for Wilson.

Exactly. but if i was a team that wanted him, i would tell everyone we are looking to acquire pickett or wilson.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:59 pm 

https://x.com/sleepernfl/status/1766821 ... 92034?s=46

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
IkeSouth wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Exactly. but if i was a team that wanted him, i would tell everyone we are looking to acquire pickett or wilson.

You kind of feel bad for his fan club. NFL front offices have confirmed what sober fans already know.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Part of me thinks Poles should have done the same thing he did with the 1st overall last year but with Fields -essentially announce that he’s for sale to the highest bidder immediately after the season ended. I think that would have potentially created a bit of desperation amongst teams that were interested and ultimately lead to a better result than what they’ve got so far.

Poles isn’t the master strategist he’s been made out to be. The Bears got a bit lucky that the Panthers were the worst team in the league this past year. Poles continues to make head scratching moves such as retaining Eberflus but firing his entire staff -as if Flus who was supposed to be the leader holds no responsibility for their poor performance. Also trading away a 5th for a backup linemen you could have most likely picked them up in free agency after he was waived.. and still had your 5th. He just comes across to me as someone who doesn’t have a solid plan in place and is willing to throw shit against the wall to see what sticks.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:42 pm 

Poles has been solid. Claypool stings. Maybe you pay Roquan. All else has looked real good so far.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
denisdman wrote:
Poles has been solid. Claypool stings. Maybe you pay Roquan. All else has looked real good so far.

If Williams hits then Poles is the greatest GM in franchise history.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:53 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
denisdman wrote:

If Williams hits then Poles is the greatest GM in franchise history.

No doubt.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
NME wrote:
Poles isn’t the master strategist he’s been made out to be. The Bears got a bit lucky that the Panthers were the worst team in the league this past year.

I wouldn't call it pure luck. Knowing the deep, from-the-head-down incompetence of the Panthers franchise, he made a calculated risk that they would finish dead last and he was right.

The stuff about the coaching staff, I agree, not sure what he was thinking there, but taking advantage of Carolina's ineptitude was a smart play.

If the Fields cult follows Fields to his next xfl city then poles would have accomplished something greater than winning the super bowl.

2013 CSFMB ROY

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
NME wrote:
Part of me thinks Poles should have done the same thing he did with the 1st overall last year but with Fields -essentially announce that he’s for sale to the highest bidder immediately after the season ended. I think that would have potentially created a bit of desperation amongst teams that were interested and ultimately lead to a better result than what they’ve got so far.

Poles isn’t the master strategist he’s been made out to be. The Bears got a bit lucky that the Panthers were the worst team in the league this past year. Poles continues to make head scratching moves such as retaining Eberflus but firing his entire staff -as if Flus who was supposed to be the leader holds no responsibility for their poor performance. Also trading away a 5th for a backup linemen you could have most likely picked them up in free agency after he was waived.. and still had your 5th. He just comes across to me as someone who doesn’t have a solid plan in place and is willing to throw shit against the wall to see what sticks.

Do you think teams weren't aware that Fields was available before Poles politely announced it before the combine? Why would there be desperation? Desperation comes from not having any options or limited options. Also, Poles literally did the same thing he did with the pick this year with Fields.

Your continued Poles hate is odd. If anything, Poles has shown is he has a plan. He may be too rigid sometimes, but it's been clear he had a plan since Day 1. I'm sure he was aware of the quarterbacks that would be in this draft when he made that trade.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Mac Jones to Jaguars for only sixth-round pick. Cousins, Mayfield, Wilson and even the likes of Brissett, Minshew, and Tannehill all free agents. Going to be tough for Poles to get a great return for Fields in this QB market.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:02 pm 

Nas wrote:
NME wrote:

Do you think teams weren't aware that Fields was available before Poles politely announced it before the combine? Why would there be desperation? Desperation comes from not having any options or limited options. Also, Poles literally did the same thing he did with the pick this year with Fields.

Your continued Poles hate is odd. If anything, Poles has shown is he has a plan. He may be too rigid sometimes, but it's been clear he had a plan since Day 1. I'm sure he was aware of the quarterbacks that would be in this draft when he made that trade.

Yep. You can do all you want with your marketing strategy for Fields, but you can't hide the defects of the product you're trying to sell. That's visible to everyone no matter if you sell aggressively now or later. Only dumbasses are gonna pay more than what Fields is worth.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:13 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
If the Fields cult follows Fields to his next xfl city then poles would have accomplished something greater than winning the super bowl.

No more Goff? Gone like the Range Rover.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:15 pm 

denisdman wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

No more Goff? Gone like the Range Rover.

Fields might go on to emulate Goff's path: move down to Atlanta and get sacked.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:49 pm 

Nas wrote:
NME wrote:

I’ve never heard/read that anything ‘official’ about Fields being on the market put out there publicly or privately -there’s still a chance the Bears retain him and move off the 1st overall in favor of more draft capital. Fielding inquiries about his availability (or the 1st overalls availability) is not the same thing. We’re all flying blind on this as fans and reading tea leaves. It’s speculation mixed with hope and opinion.

I thinks it’s more than possible that the front office hadn’t made its mind up at seasons end about whether or not they wanted to keep Fields or trade the pick. Of course that’s speculation on my part but it’s speculation based off what I’ve seen from this administration in the past..

As for my issue with Poles, my criticisms of him have been consistent because his shortcomings have been consistent. Saying he wants to build thru the draft, then trading away assets like they’re finite. Saying he’s about continuity but firing everyone on the coaching staff but the head guy. Signing players or trading for players without securing everything about the deal 100% in advance -Sweat trade with no contract in place, Ogunjobie without his medicals being in place.. I could go on but I think you get the point.

Many of you had beef with my criticisms of Pace too until you didn’t.

He hasn’t been all bad, but some of the moves he’s gotten right feel more random to me than calculation or good intuition.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Most of us knew Pace was a dummy immediately, trading up is almost always a terrible move. This team is moving in the right direction, our defense is sound and our offense is improving. We're a QB and a center away from the playoffs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:15 pm 

312player wrote:
Most of us knew Pace was a dummy immediately, trading up is almost always a terrible move. This team is moving in the right direction, our defense is sound and our offense is improving. We're a QB and a center away from the playoffs

You don't think fields will play in multiple playoff games?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:59 pm 

Baker back to Tampa.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
NME wrote:
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:

I’ve never heard/read that anything ‘official’ about Fields being on the market put out there publicly or privately -there’s still a chance the Bears retain him and move off the 1st overall in favor of more draft capital. Fielding inquiries about his availability (or the 1st overalls availability) is not the same thing. We’re all flying blind on this as fans and reading tea leaves. It’s speculation mixed with hope and opinion.

I thinks it’s more than possible that the front office hadn’t made its mind up at seasons end about whether or not they wanted to keep Fields or trade the pick. Of course that’s speculation on my part but it’s speculation based off what I’ve seen from this administration in the past..

As for my issue with Poles, my criticisms of him have been consistent because his shortcomings have been consistent. Saying he wants to build thru the draft, then trading away assets like they’re finite. Saying he’s about continuity but firing everyone on the coaching staff but the head guy. Signing players or trading for players without securing everything about the deal 100% in advance -Sweat trade with no contract in place, Ogunjobie without his medicals being in place.. I could go on but I think you get the point.

Many of you had beef with my criticisms of Pace too until you didn’t.

He hasn’t been all bad, but some of the moves he’s gotten right feel more random to me than calculation or good intuition.

Free agency starts in less than 24 hours. Unless the Bears are only willing to talk to the Redskins, I think it's clear they are keeping the pick. He would be killing his trade market if this wasn't the case.

No, I think they knew. The way they talked about him at the end of season press conference was clear. They were balancing trying not to Mac Jones his trade value. I'm not sure what you believe that you have seen, but it feels like you're reluctant to adjust your initial views of the Poles administration.

The draft criticism is bad. He's multiplied his picks since he arrived, and the team is primarily made up of Bears picks. He never said it would be exclusively Bears picks, but it's hard to say this team isn't being built through the draft. The Bears still have continuity at the top. Starting over on offense isn't that significant. You could be replacing a coordinator every year if Caleb becomes a stud. The medicals of Ogunjobie were looked at. Teams don't give free agents physicals before they sign them. The deal was torn up after the Bears physical. Your narrative about Sweat has been proven wrong. There was a deal in place before the trade went through. It just needed to be finalized because it came together at the last min.

There appears to be some expectation that he needs to be perfect in order to change the initial dislike or skepticism some fans had. I don't know if his vision will ultimately be successful, but he hasn't given me any reasons not to have faith in him. He's the only guy in the organization that's worth trusting to me.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:29 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
312player wrote:

Not for the Bears, Fields is still somewhat of an unknown imo.. I think with the right coaching he could start a few playoff games

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:44 pm 

312player wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
312player wrote:

Not for the Bears, Fields is still somewhat of an unknown imo.. I think with the right coaching he could start a few playoff games

Unknown…. How many years you need with your “Expert” quarterback evaluations?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:32 pm 

312player wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
312player wrote:

When you rank 40th ish in key 4Q passing metrics in a league with 32 QBs in your third year, there's nothing "unknown" about you.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:39 pm 

You've got use Fields like Lamar Jackson, Cam Newton..he's not a pocket passer.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:44 pm 

Nas wrote:
Free agency starts in less than 24 hours. Unless the Bears are only willing to talk to the Redskins, I think it's clear they are keeping the pick. He would be killing his trade market if this wasn't the case.

Not sure where youre getting this idea -they can literally still make a deal with any team they were talking to before for this pick.

Quote:
No, I think they knew. The way they talked about him at the end of season press conference was clear. They were balancing trying not to Mac Jones his trade value. I'm not sure what you believe that you have seen, but it feels like you're reluctant to adjust your initial views of the Poles administration.

The way they talk doesn't mean much to me, actions mean more. Its lying season and theyll say anything that fits the narrative they want to project. You choose to believe them, fair enough -I'm not sure personally. I used to beleive they made their mind up about Fields long before the season ended, now I'm not so sure that is the case.

Quote:
The draft criticism is bad. He's multiplied his picks since he arrived, and the team is primarily made up of Bears picks. He never said it would be exclusively Bears picks, but it's hard to say this team isn't being built through the draft.

1st off, the team is not made up primarily of his picks.. (I see what you did there). Yes, he's made a trade that multiplied his picks but hes also given a few away haphazardly like the Claypool trade and the recent trade for the Bills backup -who again would most likely have been cut anyway and available for the Bears to sign while keeping their 5th this year.

Don't move goal posts on what I'm saying, I'm being critical of his willingness to toss draft picks at holes on the team that come across as impatience combined with risk that isn't necessary. Its ok to make moves, but his moves come across to me much more like Checkers than Chess.

As for the picks he's actually made, thats a separate issue we can discuss if you'd like but thats not the specific issue I'm talking about.

Quote:
The Bears still have continuity at the top. Starting over on offense isn't that significant. You could be replacing a coordinator every year if Caleb becomes a stud.

This comment would be perfectly fine if the Bears didn't also have to Can the defensive coordinator as well as most of that side of the staff as well. Not to mention, theres a big difference between losing a coordinator and an entire staff. And my point about this is more about accountability. In what world does it make sense to toss just about everyone working under the HC because they didn't do a good enough job but the Head Coach who picked them out, and was the ultimate decision maker overseeing them is somehow retained and absolved of any wrong doing?

Quote:
The medicals of Ogunjobie were looked at. Teams don't give free agents physicals before they sign them. The deal was torn up after the Bears physical. .

This isn't true at all. Teams can bring prospective free agents in for interviews, try outs and Dr. evaluations all day long prior to making a commitment to them.

Quote:
Your narrative about Sweat has been proven wrong. There was a deal in place before the trade went through. It just needed to be finalized because it came together at the last min

Show me the proof of this because every report available to me has shown that the attitude was more 'lets just get him in the building and we'll worry about a deal later'. If something contrary to that has come out, I 'havent seen it and would love to read it.

And just to be clear -I don't have a problem with the player. My comments all the way back in the thread when this trade happened should show that. I have a problem with how Poles went about it. Theres a clear line there.

Quote:
There appears to be some expectation that he needs to be perfect in order to change the initial dislike or skepticism some fans had. I don't know if his vision will ultimately be successful, but he hasn't given me any reasons not to have faith in him. He's the only guy in the organization that's worth trusting to me.

Ahh.. and there it is, there it is. The 'he needs to be perfect' narrative that got thrown around when I was critical of Pace and Nagy as well. The same narrative that gets thrown around just about any time criticism is brought against just about anything related to these topics. I've noticed the Fields crowd using it too.

My criticism of him isn't based around whether or not he's perfect -no one bats .1000. But on the flip side you can't also disregard all criticism as lack of perfection either. I've laid out a few things here that I'm critical of with him and have been from the start -theres more things I could point out but I get the feeling that just like the past discussions with other Coaches and GM"s we're just not going to agree on this.

Now I haven't seen too many people on this board crown Poles, or proclaim him as some guru or mastermind. But I have seen plenty of it on Youtube, heard plenty of it from prognosticators and so on. All I'm saying here is, slow the role on that and don't buy into anything just yet. Poles has accomplished nothing as of yet, and neither have the Bears on his watch. Remember, this is the same team that went into the beginning of last year with all these hopes and dreams and by week 4, it looked like the ship was going down taking everyone with it. Only a weak schedule complete with some fools gold wins changed that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
312player wrote:

Thanks for that riveting analysis, Romo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:46 pm 

312player wrote:

Didn't realize you're basically a low-key Fields cultist with this Lamar Jackson false equivalency. Lamar throws from the pocket and outside of structure, you're just being hard headed here because you hate him. But you can't lead the league in QBR (2019) and finish top 5 in a different year (2023) without throwing the ball, the statistic won't allow it. So the issue isn't how the Bears are using Fields, the issue is Fields sucks at throwing, unlike Lamar.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:52 pm 

Wilson to the Steelers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 146  Next