It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Hey LTG, why does Fields have the same job as drew Lock, Tyson Bagent, and Nathan Peterman?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve Young and Patrick Mahomes once held that "same job" too. And your guy Bagent will be the backup to the backup if he is on the roster this year.

Oh really, so they were demoted? Are you sure? :lol:

How's the cult settling into Pittsburgh? Have y'all had time to line the yards with he is H1M signs yet

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:54 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nas wrote:
Tomlin: Kenny, you're going to compete with Ciara's husband for the starting job.

Also Tomlin: Justin, Ciara's husband is our starting quarterback.

I'm shocked that he would placate the holdover QB whom he has somewhat of a relationship with by creating a phony QB competition for him.

The standard is the standard. It was reported that the Steelers and Ciara's husband are already talking extension

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tomlin: Kenny, you're going to compete with Ciara's husband for the starting job.

It IS quite the indictment seeing as Mike Tomlin is rewriting history. For real, not just canned branding.

Tomlin will probably be allowed to walk at the end of the season.

Go ahead. Count him out. MANY have tried.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:58 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

It IS quite the indictment seeing as Mike Tomlin is rewriting history. For real, not just canned branding.

Unless he unlocks Wilson or Fields, I predict they won't win 7 games next year.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm shocked that he would placate the holdover QB whom he has somewhat of a relationship with by creating a phony QB competition for him.

The standard is the standard. It was reported that the Steelers and Ciara's husband are already talking extension

Wilson was cut by his former team. Fields was acquired via trade. If we are going to use "nature of acquisition" as the barometer, then that fact alone illustrates just who does and doesn't possess the greater value. Hell Denver is basically paying the guy to kick bricks.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:02 am 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Wilson was cut by his former team. Fields was acquired via trade. If we are going to use "nature of acquisition" as the barometer, then that fact alone illustrates just who does and doesn't possess the greater value. Hell Denver is basically paying the guy to kick bricks.

Have the Steelers said if they are picking up Fields 5th year option?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:02 am 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

6-11 with a caveat. Got it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:03 am 

Why was a top 5 QB and MVP shoe-in traded, demoted and benched in his age 25 season?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:05 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

I would be insulted that an old quarterback, who was cut, is starting over me. Has Tomlin gotten soft?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:07 am 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

I would be insulted that an old quarterback, who was cut, is starting over me. Has Tomlin gotten soft?

At some point next season Fields will be anointed starting QB. Book it!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:09 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

At some point next season Fields will be the starting QB. Book it!

At some point you're going to be right about Fields. Russell Wilson is durable, but that's probably a good bet. How many games will Fields start?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:14 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
"At some point" :lol:

Ltg got more flip flops than Old Navy

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

As I said in another thread: They went 10-7 last year with Pickett, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, and Rudolph. Wilson and Fields are better than that group. Also. they are paying Wilson and Fields less than $5mil, leaving $250mil to spend on the rest of the roster. Playing with a third place schedule this year. I'll take the over.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:22 am 

So Franky are you joining the local chapter of the Fields cult? Mason Rudolph did things at the tail end of the season that fields never did, and Rudolph sucks.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:23 am 
100000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

As I said in another thread: They went 10-7 last year with Pickett, (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, and Rudolph. Wilson and Fields are better than that group. Also. they are paying Wilson and Fields less than $5mil, leaving $250mil to spend on the rest of the roster. Playing with a third place schedule this year. I'll take the over.

You have every right to be optimistic. You haven't won less than 8 games in 20 years. I just see an aging defense and an offense that has taken a step back at the skill positions. I'm sure you'll address that during the draft, but I'm not sure it'll be enough in that conference and division.

At home the Steelers will play the Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns in the North, in addition to the Dallas Cowboys, Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers, New York Giants and the New York Jets. 

On the road the team will face Baltimore, Cincinnati and Cleveland, as well as the Atlanta Falcons, Denver Broncos, Indianapolis Colts, Las Vegas Raiders, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Commanders.  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:32 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
"At some point" :lol:

Ltg got more flip flops than Old Navy

"PHANTOMS" are going to do, what Phantoms are going to do!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I'm higher on Bagent than Fields. At this point, we know what Fields is and what he isn't. There is still time for Bagent to develop into something.

That said, Bagent's ceiling is likely lower than tier 1 or2 NFL QB which is really what you need to be a Super Bowl contender.

Regardless, its still a cool story and gives hope to every division II or III athlete out there that they can indeed make it....provided they don't end up with heart problems like half of the big ten football players!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:34 am 
100000 CLUB

What a woman's bitter friend would say after she's been dumped

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:50 am 

They're right. We're disrespecting the memory of Fields if we don't properly reflect on his stunning accomplishments, such as ranking 21st in QBR, 42nd overall on key 4th Q passing metrics, and by allowing himself to be sacked on 12% of his drop backs. I mean Peterman, Dalton and Bagent never got up to 12% or even close to it, so Fields generosity is something we definitely should appreciate.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
veganfan21 wrote:
So Franky are you joining the local chapter of the Fields cult? Mason Rudolph did things at the tail end of the season that fields never did, and Rudolph sucks.

Wilson is better than Pickett, easily. I always thought Rudolph deserved more of a shot than he got, and did play well for 3 games last year, but didn't really play all that great filling in for Big Ben when he had the chance. He got replaced by Duck Hodges for crying out loud.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:02 pm 

Nas wrote:
You have every right to be optimistic. You haven't won less than 8 games in 20 years. I just see an aging defense and an offense that has taken a step back at the skill positions. I'm sure you'll address that during the draft, but I'm not sure it'll be enough in that conference and division.

At home the Steelers will play the Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns in the North, in addition to the Dallas Cowboys, Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers, New York Giants and the New York Jets. 

On the road the team will face Baltimore, Cincinnati and Cleveland, as well as the Atlanta Falcons, Denver Broncos, Indianapolis Colts, Las Vegas Raiders, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Commanders.  

9 or more wins by hook or by crook. Why fight the inevitable? Horseshoes fall out of his ass even when he chooses a shitty restaurant.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

9 or more wins by hook or by crook. Why fight the inevitable? Horseshoes fall out of his ass even when he chooses a shitty restaurant.

You're right

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

Listen to this cultist talk about Fields. I would start at the 10 minute mark. By 11:30, he says he wants to cry. Not figuratively, but literally. This is Chicago media.

https://youtu.be/NcmMC62WplI?si=XiCJEfCYaMLwb_lZ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:08 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

You're right

I'm 1-1 today, which is good for me. But I say "valid point" rather than "you're right".

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The Fields’ cult is on the run. No where to hide. The emperor has no clothes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Look at MaryAnn Ahern with the knockout punch on Elgin Brandon!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:11 pm 

Franky T wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Wilson is better than Pickett, easily. I always thought Rudolph deserved more of a shot than he got, and did play well for 3 games last year, but didn't really play all that great filling in for Big Ben when he had the chance. He got replaced by Duck Hodges for crying out loud.

mason rudolph is the greatest QB of all time that has been bashed on the head by a helmet.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Look at MaryAnn Ahern with the knockout punch on Elgin Brandon!

It's why Lori made her get to the back of the line.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:14 pm 

denisdman wrote:

A wise man once told me that He who laughs last, laughs best

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
denisdman wrote:

A wise man once told me that He who laughs last, laughs best

I’ll be in Vegas in June. I’m putting $1,000 on the Bears to win the Super Bowl this upcoming season. I hope to be laughing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
From a Dan Wiederer article:

In 38 starts for the Bears, Fields averaged only 174 passing yards. He had more than twice as many outings with fewer than 175 passing yards (14) than he had games with at least 250 yards (six).

Fields’ pronounced fourth-quarter struggles were noted inside league circles as particularly concerning. Coaches and front-office executives took note of his 64.4 career passer rating in the final quarter and a 53.4 mark in 2023 that ranked 39th among the 40 quarterbacks who threw at least 50 fourth-quarter passes.

Fields was also 3-12 in NFC North starts and 0-6 against the Packers with a 76.5 passer rating. He was sacked 135 times as a Bear with an alarming 12.1% sack rate while committing 19 of his 51 turnovers in the fourth quarter.

Fields went 3-17 over three seasons against opponents that went on to make the playoffs. He never exhibited the type of pocket poise, processing ability or overall command that typically is a prerequisite for sustained, high-level quarterback success.

It’s the Steelers chore now to address all of those issues as the Bears pivot with eyes on drafting Fields’ successor in six weeks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next