It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: Harrison Butker
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:34 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
“Life truly started” is a clear reference to his wife’s POV. You can bold whichever passage you like and it’s not going to change that fact.

It’s ok if you don’t agree with his opinion.

Correct.

It's just not OK if Butker and others don't agree with their opinions.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:45 am 

Seacrest wrote:
“Life truly started” is a clear reference to his wife’s POV. You can bold whichever passage you like and it’s not going to change that fact.

Correct.

Are you saying no one has a right to say he was wrong?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:47 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Brick wrote:
What was the diabolical lie?

Diabolical lies. Plural.

In context I assume the lies have something to do with the idea that there’s something inherently bad or inferior about homemaking. Or that there are more important things to do than having/raising children. Or that women like his wife will end up unhappy. Idk.

The broader point seemed to me that there are a number of things inside & outside the church pulling people away from what he believes is a life that will lead you closer to God.

I don't think that arguement is going to fly with Brick or really with any college educated urbanite who is a Boomer or younger.

This is a deep philosophical and almost religious question that gets into the meaning of life, why we're here, and attempting to answer the question, "What's the point?"

And you can mock Julie in the other thread all you want for saying that her kids and family aren't a great accomplishment, but that is the result of sixty years of "feminism" and I would guess most educated women feel the same way. The phrase "just a wife and mother" is common and acceptable. No one would ever say a woman is "just a CEO."

Here's the truth. Without children there is no future. And someone is going to raise your children. It can be you or someone else.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:52 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Correct.

The opposite actually.

MANY of us can see who wants to stifle free speech in this country, and here on this site.

While I have your attention, can you think of anything that is more important to a society than raising a child?

Pls list them here

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Brick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Correct.

I think all the people that want can say he is wrong. Is it okay as well for people to say people thinking they are gender reversed at birth are wrong too? Out loud?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:58 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
What was the diabolical lie?

Diabolical lies. Plural.

In context I assume the lies have something to do with the idea that there’s something inherently bad or inferior about homemaking. Or that there are more important things to do than having/raising children. Or that women like his wife will end up unhappy. Idk.

The broader point seemed to me that there are a number of things inside & outside the church pulling people away from what he believes is a life that will lead you closer to God.

I don't think that arguement is going to fly with Brick or really with any college educated urbanite who is a Boomer or younger.

This is a deep philosophical and almost religious question that gets into the meaning of life, why we're here, and attempting to answer the question, "What's the point?"

And you can mock Julie in the other thread all you want for saying that her kids and family aren't a great accomplishment, but that is the result of sixty years of "feminism" and I would guess most educated women feel the same way. The phrase "just a wife and mother" is common and acceptable. No one would ever say a woman is "just a CEO."

Here's the truth. Without children there is no future. And someone is going to raise your children. It can be you or someone else.

I have no problem with the idea that work should be low on the list of things that matter in life.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:11 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
I have no problem with the idea that work should be low on the list of things that matter in life.

Raising a family is work. You can outsource it or do it yourself.

Look, I'm the most selfish prick in the world. I live a hedonistic lifestyle. There have always been people like me, but thankfully they were rare. Now you have entire generations living that way. It's a recipe for societal collapse.

Think about how we got to a point where there is more status in a woman working ten hours a day in a cube farm than in a raising productive members of society.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:27 am 
Site Admin

These things are all connected, the breakdown of the family unit, the feminization of the country, the abstract concern for "humanity" whilst waging war against actual living humans, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9taUOaZOb8E

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:35 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

Look, I'm the most selfish prick in the world. I live a hedonistic lifestyle. There have always been people like me, but thankfully they were rare. Now you have entire generations living that way. It's a recipe for societal collapse.

Think about how we got to a point where there is more status in a woman working ten hours a day in a cube farm than in a raising productive members of society.

Yet we also hear complaints about the younger generations including millennials not wanting to work hard and how all these poor businesses can't hire anyone because they can't get anyone to even apply and those who do are entitled and demand things the businesses can't afford.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:40 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yet we also hear complaints about the younger generations including millennials not wanting to work hard and how all these poor businesses can't hire anyone because they can't get anyone to even apply and those who do are entitled and demand things the businesses can't afford.

That's why illegal immigration is our strength.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

That's why illegal immigration is our strength.

Lets not forget big time REPARATIONS given every descendent of anyone who is BLACK who had a relative who was a slave who ended up in the Americas. Of course this only pertains to African slaves so Hispanic, Indian(both feather wearers and ruby on the forehead kind) and of course the Pacific Islanders who were captured by british, french, spanish, netherlands, and of course whatever nationality Captain Hook was. :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:18 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

Raising a family is work.

I hope your wife doesn't post here Brick.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13