It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I Miss HIM
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Barracos
Not the same without Mulli

Post subject: Re: I Miss HIM
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:15 am 

I may have my issues with when he becomes South Side Irish Anglophile Mully, but I do generally like his work and it is obvious he drives that show. It may not seem like it but his morning work has been a cornerstone of the station for what seems like 20 years now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:22 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
good dolphin wrote:
I may have my issues with when he becomes South Side Irish Anglophile Mully, but I do generally like his work and it is obvious he drives that show. It may not seem like it but his morning work has been a cornerstone of the station for what seems like 20 years now.

What about his work do you like? He's incoherent and has absolutely no insight into anything. Because of him, the morning show is the least interesting show with a major day part on that station.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Warren Newson wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

What about his work do you like? He's incoherent and has absolutely no insight into anything. Because of him, the morning show is the least interesting show with a major day part on that station.

Him? What about that blob of vanilla next to him?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:32 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

That blob of vanilla is flipping Abraham Lincoln next to Mulli. The only quality Mulli has in his favor is that he's not a jersey, other than that, he's worthless.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:58 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

That blob of vanilla is flipping Abraham Lincoln next to Mulli. The only quality Mulli has in his favor is that he's not a jersey, other than that, he's worthless.

Haugh is a sports data entry worker who likes ice cream, lives in a town, and has a yellow lab named Payton.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
David Haugh is well meaning dogshit.

Just the nicest, most polite piece of shit on morning radio. In Chicago. Specific to sports talk. Two stations.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:27 pm 

Haugh at least can string a sentence together, Mulli can't even do that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 7:43 am 

Mulli has great stories and memorable sayings. However, that isn't the point. You can say he's a stuttering nitwit but he at least has a personality. Maybe even a bad one. But it's still better than having no personality at all. I don't think that stringing a sentence together when it has no thoughts in it, is worth anything.

Anyways, it's been good talking to one of God's great men, so thanks, great stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:55 am 

Mulli is Howard Stern in his prime compared to Haugh.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Soup Kitchen
I'll give Haugh credit - he does put in a lot of hours...but probably because he's got nothing else to do. Could you imagine being his friend and saying, "we should call Haugh, he'll do something crazy"

Bland is his brand...can't imagine this guy as a college quarterback.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Mully is an identifiable voice and personality. David Haugh, well meaning as he is, is neither of these. He's a call in guest at best who somehow got a job and has held it as a host. Hanley wasn't great shakes either but he was better than Haugh. Why they don't pair Mully up with a baseball/basketball guy is beyond me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:30 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Douchebag wrote:
Mulli is Howard Stern in his prime compared to Haugh.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:20 am 

City of Fools wrote:
Mully is an identifiable voice and personality. David Haugh, well meaning as he is, is neither of these. He's a call in guest at best who somehow got a job and has held it as a host. Hanley wasn't great shakes either but he was better than Haugh. Why they don't pair Mully up with a baseball/basketball guy is beyond me.

Begin the day with a friendly voice
A companion, unobtrusive

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:24 am 

Warren Newson wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

A companion, unobtrusive

No, people are used to mornings being nuts. Chaos gets the blood pumping and gets you ready for the day.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Nardi wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

A companion, unobtrusive

No, people are used to mornings being nuts. Chaos gets the blood pumping and gets you ready for the day.

Or when you start the morning with Murph, you get a guy who likes nuts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

A companion, unobtrusive

Or when you start the morning with Murph, you get a guy who likes nuts.

heeeeyyyy!!! gotta say it like you mean it

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Barracos
The BEST show on the station.....or Bears Pre and Post

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2024 2:48 am 

pizza_Place: Pizzaria Luzzo
Coolest Guy in the Room wrote:
I'll give Haugh credit - he does put in a lot of hours...but probably because he's got nothing else to do. Could you imagine being his friend and saying, "we should call Haugh, he'll do something crazy"

Bland is his brand...can't imagine this guy as a college quarterback.

While Haugh has his strengths, maybe the show could benefit from pairing Mully with someone who has more expertise in baseball or basketball to balance things out. The dynamic might improve with a better-suited co-host.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:30 pm 

Would love to see a list of Haugh's strengths. I'd imagine it would go something like this:

*Getting lost in mid-thought then haphazardly closing it with some variation of a cliche' or pun he could pull on the fly
*Citing specific dates, length of games or duration of press conferences several times in the same long-winded answer/thought
*Bringing up Indiana
*Sucking, in general