It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:55 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Really looking forward to this one. One of the few bucket list courses I’d open the wallet to play someday. Really hoping for a winning score in single digits.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:15 am 

how in the ever livin fuck can you watch that shit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:35 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Really looking forward to this one. One of the few bucket list courses I’d open the wallet to play someday. Really hoping for a winning score in single digits.

Well I didn't realize this.... don't think I will be playing here after all and will just enjoy on TV.

To play the No. 2 course, you must be a member of the resort or a guest staying on the property for at least two nights. The Pinehurst Resort offers a variety of stay-and-play packages ranging from $1,688 for a two-night stay to $6,254 per person for a four-night stay.
That's not all, though. If you don't purchase the Premium Golf Package (it already includes a round at Pinehurst No. 2), there will be a $250 premium for adding No. 2 to your itinerary. Most packages include golf, accommodations and meals.

And don't forget about the caddies! Caddie fees are $80 per player and $40 for forecaddies, plus Pinehurst recommends a $60 tip per bag for caddies and $35 for forecaddies.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:39 am 

But when asked how he’s focusing on taming those greens in his press conference with the media on Monday, Wyndham Clark nodded that the test that awaits the players is already toeing the lines of fairness.

“I mean, they are extremely fast. If they get any firmer and faster, the greens, I mean, they'd be borderline,” Clark admitted. “They already are borderline.”

Keep in mind, it’s only Monday, and Clark’s comments came after the Pinehurst area was hit with heavy rain on Sunday night. With the forecast for the rest of the week looking dry and hot, it stands to reason the grounds could get toasty, should the USGA choose to do so.

“Choose” is the operative word, because the USGA could easily make this a non-issue by watering the greens throughout the week. Judging by Clark’s later remarks about grain, that might be necessary.

“The grain, I don't know if it affects maybe the break of the putts as much on these greens because they are cut so tight that the green is not grabbing it. It's more the speed,” Clark said. “When it looks really shiny and it's down-grain, let's say the grains are a 13, I think down-grain they're 15 or 16. They're like significantly faster. And then into the grain, it's not affecting it that much. It goes from a 13 on the stimp to maybe only a 12 in my mind.

“So every putt is fast. I find myself hitting uphill putts six feet by, six, seven feet by. Common theme in our group. I mean, multiple guys putts off the green. Multiple guys hit putts, they're like, Oh, my gosh. It's definitely the defense right now is the greens.”

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
After years of playing Pinehurst #2 on WGT golf, I know that everal of the greens are domed af, its even hard stopping the ball on them in a video game, cant imagine itd be much fun in actual golf.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
T-Bone wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Well I didn't realize this.... don't think I will be playing here after all and will just enjoy on TV.

To play the No. 2 course, you must be a member of the resort or a guest staying on the property for at least two nights. The Pinehurst Resort offers a variety of stay-and-play packages ranging from $1,688 for a two-night stay to $6,254 per person for a four-night stay.
That's not all, though. If you don't purchase the Premium Golf Package (it already includes a round at Pinehurst No. 2), there will be a $250 premium for adding No. 2 to your itinerary. Most packages include golf, accommodations and meals.

And don't forget about the caddies! Caddie fees are $80 per player and $40 for forecaddies, plus Pinehurst recommends a $60 tip per bag for caddies and $35 for forecaddies.

What is a forecaddie?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:43 am 

a retard wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

What is a forecaddie?

Goes ahead to watch and help locate golf balls and they tell you about the course but don’t carry the bags.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
a retard wrote:
What is a forecaddie?

You use him before the briss, a regular caddie afterwards.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:37 am 

a genius wrote:
What is a forecaddie?

Hawg Ass wrote:
Goes ahead to watch and help locate golf balls and they tell you about the course but don’t carry the bags.

Well then I would need to bring $140 just for forecaddies because I would need at least 4 for locating my errant shots; 2 on each side of the fairway.

badrogue17 wrote:
You use him before the briss, a regular caddie afterwards.

:lol: , after I looked up briss.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:54 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
T-Bone wrote:
But when asked how he’s focusing on taming those greens in his press conference with the media on Monday, Wyndham Clark nodded that the test that awaits the players is already toeing the lines of fairness.

“I mean, they are extremely fast. If they get any firmer and faster, the greens, I mean, they'd be borderline,” Clark admitted. “They already are borderline.”

Keep in mind, it’s only Monday, and Clark’s comments came after the Pinehurst area was hit with heavy rain on Sunday night. With the forecast for the rest of the week looking dry and hot, it stands to reason the grounds could get toasty, should the USGA choose to do so.

“Choose” is the operative word, because the USGA could easily make this a non-issue by watering the greens throughout the week. Judging by Clark’s later remarks about grain, that might be necessary.

“The grain, I don't know if it affects maybe the break of the putts as much on these greens because they are cut so tight that the green is not grabbing it. It's more the speed,” Clark said. “When it looks really shiny and it's down-grain, let's say the grains are a 13, I think down-grain they're 15 or 16. They're like significantly faster. And then into the grain, it's not affecting it that much. It goes from a 13 on the stimp to maybe only a 12 in my mind.

“So every putt is fast. I find myself hitting uphill putts six feet by, six, seven feet by. Common theme in our group. I mean, multiple guys putts off the green. Multiple guys hit putts, they're like, Oh, my gosh. It's definitely the defense right now is the greens.”
Deal with it.

I agree with your earlier sentiment. I don't necessarily want to see these guys four putting, but a relatively low score would be nice. These guys are good so unless weather is crazy, I doubt we'll see an over par winner, but a -3 or -4 winning score would be great.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:07 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Deal with it.

I agree with your earlier sentiment. I don't necessarily want to see these guys four putting, but a relatively low score would be nice. These guys are good so unless weather is crazy, I doubt we'll see an over par winner, but a -3 or -4 winning score would be great.

If it is 3 or 4 under, that would be the 2nd lowest winning score at Pinehurst.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Rory making the right decision.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:36 pm 

Good for him. I hope it works out. Hate to see any family broke up

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:59 pm 

irish annulment.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:27 am 

https://x.com/preservedlinks/status/180 ... 24-us-open

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:36 am 

T-Bone wrote:
https://x.com/preservedlinks/status/1800551244806934783?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1800551244806934783%7Ctwgr%5E11bb7f7c0141a750f84091ed51c6ca3c284d53a8%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.golfmonthly.com%2Fnews%2Fbring-on-the-carnage-video-shows-frightening-speed-of-pinehurst-no2s-greens-and-brutal-run-offs-at-2024-us-open

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

YIKES.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Fuck the USGA and fuck the US Open. Until they bifurcate the rules (roll back the ball for us weekend hackers, really?) and stop tricking up the courses on which the US Opens are played I'm not interested. I'll maybe watch on Sunday afternoon.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Roll back the rules?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:51 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Fuck the USGA and fuck the US Open. Until they bifurcate the rules (roll back the ball for us weekend hackers, really?) and stop tricking up the courses on which the US Opens are played I'm not interested. I'll maybe watch on Sunday afternoon.

I don’t know that the rollback will be impactful for normal people who don’t hit all that far. I’ve seen some stuff suggesting you might lose about 10yds if you’re carrying up to 250. It won’t stop you from nutting a drive and then topping your second shot.

In terms of the US Open…this one’s my favorite. I want these guys crying about every hole and I want to see a winner, ideally, right around even par for the tournament.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:12 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Franky T wrote:

I don’t know that the rollback will be impactful for normal people who don’t hit all that far. I’ve seen some stuff suggesting you might lose about 10yds if you’re carrying up to 250. It won’t stop you from nutting a drive and then topping your second shot.

In terms of the US Open…this one’s my favorite. I want these guys crying about every hole and I want to see a winner, ideally, right around even par for the tournament.

You want to lose 10 yards off the tee due due a ball roll back just because Rory can hit it 350? I don't. That's the difference between reaching the end of a dogleg and having a shot at the green or not. Good times.

I know some people like watching a tricked up course and the guys struggling on burnt out greens. I just don't.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:22 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Franky T wrote:

You want to lose 10 yards off the tee due due a ball roll back just because Rory can hit it 350? I don't. That's the difference between reaching the end of a dogleg and having a shot at the green or not. Good times.

I know some people like watching a tricked up course and the guys struggling on burnt out greens. I just don't.

I don’t want to lose any distance but if I’m being honest, it doesn’t matter.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:12 am 

Franky T wrote:

You clearly didn’t listen to Mike Whan talk during his hour long press conference today.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:41 am 

I don’t necessarily like to see a guy hit a green and have it roll 40 yards away but if a guy hits a poor shot to the wrong portion of a green there should be a consequence. This is supposed to be the toughest test in golf so let’s see that once a year. Par should mean something and I don’t want to see a winner double digits under par. I’m excited to see the course as much as the players trying to figure it out. I suspect they will need to put some water on the greens over night. I just don’t care to hear the complaining when everyone plays the same course. Hopefully the USGA has learned their lessons from previous setup mistakes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:32 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Franky T wrote:

You clearly didn’t listen to Mike Whan talk during his hour long press conference today.

What are they doing next to make the game harder for amateurs?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:59 am 

Franky T wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Wood clubs.

Book it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Franky T wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Wood clubs.

Book it.

Never happen. They make too much money selling dopes like us clubs annually.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
heard no rain expected... and already complaints about fast greens... go course go!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:59 am 

Franky T wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Please take the time to listen to it, Mike Whan would be a great choice for the next PGA Tpur Commissioner.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:51 am 

Franky T wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Hit the gym.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Franky T wrote:
Franky T wrote:

It's one tournament. Just like it's one tournament where everybody's raucous and fans drunkenly fall into bunkers. It's fine.