It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Copa America
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:54 pm 

the US looked good in their first match (then you remember, it's bolivia) but good god the 2nd match is a reminder of how shitty we can be.

i'm rooting for canada...i like jonathan david. we could use a striker like that.

Post subject: Re: Copa America
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
The red card against Panama put them behind the 8 ball. I had Panama at +800 in that match. Panama always play USA tough. When I saw the 1st half red card against Weah, figured it would cash. And he got suspended multiple matches afterward? Seems excessive.

Gave a chunk of it of it back today taking England ML + Harry Kane any time goal-scorer. Plus another long-shot HK any-time goal as last leg of a +1000 4 leg same game parlay. 3 legs hit, HK any time killed the 4 leg parlay.

Draft Kings and Fan Duel both doing PR on X explaining their house rules (which aren't visible or linked to when you place your individual wager).

You would think England -240 ML would pay out if match ends full-time not a draw and England goals > Slovakia goals. Apparently not.

And "Any Time Goal-Scorer" sure sounds like if Harry Kane's name is on the box-score with a goal next to it at the of the match, it pays out. Nope. HK didn't find the net until the first minute of extra time.

this is why I hate betting favorites, gotta bet a lot to win a little. but seemed dead-simple for the Euros favorites to post a W today; which they fucking did, but, oh well. Maybe the twitter critters will raise enough stink they'll at least return the initial wager amounts to our accounts.

Had good run in the cricket T20 tourney that just ended. Afghanistan's upset of the Aussies and then doubling down (well, not double, as India were favorites out the gate) on India in the finals on Saturday when it looked like South Africa might run em down and live wagering it was -1600 SA vs +700 India around the 12th SA over. India held on to win, 176-169.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
W_Z wrote:
the US looked good in their first match (then you remember, it's bolivia) but good god the 2nd match is a reminder of how shitty we can be.

i'm rooting for canada...i like jonathan david. we could use a striker like that.

j.p. still getting paid for his broadcasting. the captains of american soccer chucked out tommy 'old onion bag' smythe, years ago. j.p. still getting paid.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Hussra wrote:
You would think England -240 ML would pay out if match ends full-time not a draw and England goals > Slovakia goals. Apparently not.

Nice hit on Panama. I’m confused about your England bet, though. You got better odds betting England to win in regulation time (plus any stoppage). They were -380 or so to simply advance to the next round if the game had to go to extra time and/or PKs. Did you not know that?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:58 pm 

I had them to advance too, but it was -650:

even parlayed with Spain to play through, still a shite pay-out:

that they have different odds available for 90 + stoppage and 90 + PK/Extra time makes sense.

the only option for any time goal-scorer limited to the first seems suss. I wouldn't expect any time goal-scorer to pay out for PKs, but "any time" should include extra time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:27 pm 

That ATG thing scorched me as well, a few years ago. I think it was also Harry Kane. I was explained the same thing, still pissed me off. Any time means any time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
what a load of shit. they should factor in the possible extra time in their odds. or at a minimum before you place the bet have a popup with a link to read the soccer betting rules if you want before the bet is placed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:08 am 

Enough people must've chirped that both Draft Kings and Fan Duel felt compelled to tweet about the Extra Time doesn't count thing after yesterday's match. Looks like Fan Duel added extra verbiage on top of the match wagers for France-Belgium today. (-110 90 minutes + stoppage vs -245 for Extra time + PK). I get making PKs a separate wager, given the tendency of soccer matches to end up there. But slicing off a handful of Extra Time minutes into a 2x+ worse odds wager?

You still can't even wager on a player scoring in Extra Time at all, based on their rules; which is kinda effed because lotta folks (like I did) use any time goal scorer to build same game parlays.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:37 am 

not having sergino dest probably hurt the team a lot, but weah's red card in game 2 probably sealed their fate.

sure, the goal scored by uruguay was offside but when panama took the lead, it was a moot point. the US had to strike first, and they had a great chance to equalize later after uruguay had the goal stand.

even with stars like pulisic, the team just doesn't have much of an identity and that's been a problem for a long time with this team.

i'd say berhalter has to go, but who do you replace him with?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:40 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
US got CONCACAF'd again. Any tournament the US plays in this hemisphere, there will be completely baffling calls that go against them. That's not to say the refs were the reason they didn't get out of the group as Weah's red was completely earned.

Maybe Jurgen Klopp can be the next Klinsmann. On the one hand Gregg got hosed by Weah, but for a team that knew they most likely needed to win against Uruguay, there didn't look like there was much urgency and they could only manage 3 shots on goal.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:10 am 

Just like the offside goal there were definitely some biased calls that hurt the US. But yeah can’t blame the refs, there just wasn’t enough early urgency knowing you had to win to go on. Bolivia wasn’t beating Panama and then the period where they drew barely lasted.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
That US team made watching soccer boring.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:11 am 

Brazil…wtf. Canada, keep it up!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:01 pm 

Colombians, in an effort to affirm stereotypes, tried to illegally enter a Miami stadium. Probably to do & sell drugs, idk.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:12 pm 

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:14 pm 

Too many people internalized Die Hard.

You ever work with venting? Fucking sharp corners & screws everywhere.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:18 pm 

fahr n passhun, why i took Los Cafeteros to levanta la copa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:27 pm 

Get-in price was apparently $1,500.

I’m a suburban father so can’t speak to the street value of cocaine, but that’s a lot of product to move.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:32 pm 

full retail price for an OZ, esp if it's not too stepped on. you can prolly get 2 ounces for that price of the horrible shit they sell around Chicago these days. Better off paying a premium for quality gear.

weren't Taylor Swift tickets $3,000 per? I guy I work with paid that to see her show in Tampa Stadium last year.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:42 pm 

Audio fucked?

I’m live but the announcers are a few seconds ahead of the action. They’re calling what’s happening on set pieces before the play.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:58 pm 

This thing was supposed to be a dry run for our World Cup hosting duties and the finale? Not real good. Borderline incompetent, should’ve cancelled the game. They’re lucky nobody died in the crush to get into the game and I wouldn’t be shocked if somebody did.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:09 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Quote:
French federation condemns 'racist and discriminatory remarks' by Argentina players following Copa América win

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/french-federation-condemns-racist-and-discriminatory-remarks-by-argentina-players-following-copa-america-win-220415472.html

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Enzo posted an apology in comic sans. So that's sorted. Could (not) be like when Wayne Hennessey made the Nazi salute and claimed he didn't know what it was.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:45 am 

KDdidit wrote:
Enzo posted an apology in comic sans.

old school!