It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:30 am 
1000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:
i kinda like Thorpe

Crochet, Fedde, Thorpe, Cannon....they have a few other young arms still to come.

I get why you would trade Fedde, but even him, if they actually decided to spend on MLB free agent talent, this team could actually have a good starting rotation heading into next season with upside.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: What??
BD wrote:
Bagels wrote:
i kinda like Thorpe

Crochet, Fedde, Thorpe, Cannon....they have a few other young arms still to come.

I get why you would trade Fedde, but even him, if they actually decided to spend on MLB free agent talent, this team could actually have a good starting rotation heading into next season with upside.

Don't do this. If I have to beg, I will.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:36 am 
1000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
BD wrote:
Bagels wrote:
i kinda like Thorpe

Don't keep the rotation intact and spend on MLB talent?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:36 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
BD wrote:
they have a few other young arms still to come.
They do seem to have some talent on the farm. Edgar Quero, Catcher received in the Giolito Lopez deal, was promoted to AAA recently.

AA Birmingham won their first half.

41-28
+69 run differential
.263 avg, 3.21 ERA, both lead the International League

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
They do seem to have some talent on the farm.

WAVES????

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:50 am 
100000 CLUB

Small ones. Ripples maybe.

BD wrote:
this team could actually have a good starting rotation heading into next season with upside.
The starting pitching overall has been the one positive thing for the Sox this season. Its been good enough to win a lot more games than the team has actually won. They could easily go into next season with the rotation as a strong point, but if they don't fix the defense, bullpen, GM, Owner, and Manager, we're likely starting at another season with 90-95 losses (at least) in 2025.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:53 am 

BD wrote:
Nardi wrote:
BD wrote:
Bagels wrote:
i kinda like Thorpe

This is the White Sox. Why sit there and even ponder hope?

They're going to trade Crochet and Fedde and they aren't going to spend on MLB talent. I'm begging you to stop your pie in the sky idealism.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Nardi wrote:
BD wrote:
Nardi wrote:
BD wrote:
Bagels wrote:
i kinda like Thorpe

This is the White Sox. Why sit there and even ponder hope?

They're going to trade Crochet and Fedde and they aren't going to spend on MLB talent. I'm begging you to stop your pie in the sky idealism.

I would be happy if they kept their best long term pieces, signed mid level guys (which is something they have consistently done), and waited to see what happens.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 12:20 pm 

I cannot fathom why you would trade a 25 yr old all star pitcher right now.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
RFDC wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 12:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
They aren't going to sign Crochet long term unless Jerry kicks the bucket (please let this happen).

So Getz should ask for something that seems completely unrealistic in return. If the other team agrees, fine then pull the trigger. Otherwise, might as well hang on to him for next year and the year after while continuing to ask for the moon in a trade.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
They aren't going to sign Crochet long term unless Jerry kicks the bucket (please let this happen).

So Getz should ask for something that seems completely unrealistic in return. If the other team agrees, fine then pull the trigger. Otherwise, might as well hang on to him for next year and the year after while continuing to ask for the moon in a trade.

Unfortunately, this is accurate. They won't pay market value for a potential ace who is under their control for 2 more seasons.

Until that changes, it's hard for them to have long-term success. They will probably get an offer of 2-3 young players that can improve their farm system and then they will say they will have a young core all coming up at the same time.

I would much rather let Crochet, Thorpe, Cannon stay together than start over on the starting rotation.

Unlikely they will do that though with them not looking to invest in the major league team.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 4:59 pm 

It's a depressing existence. You can see that Crochet is just emerging. He will win a Cy with someone else, just like Sale. Luis Robert will win an MVP for someone else. We will cheer for magic beans.

I could understand if JR recognized his financial philosophy and built the best scouting and development system in MLB. He doesn't even do that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:10 am 

good dolphin wrote:
It's a depressing existence. You can see that Crochet is just emerging. He will win a Cy with someone else, just like Sale. Luis Robert will win an MVP for someone else. We will cheer for magic beans.

It is depressing. Let's say they trade everyone possible, and every single prospect they get back turns into an All-Star level player. They'll still only end up with a maybe a year or 2 of playoffs, and then the sell off begins again because the Sox won't pay them.

Was trying to talk myself into taking my kids to a game before they go back to school, but haven't done it yet. Normally we would do a few games throughout the summer. At this point, I don't want to give Reinsdorf any more money.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:22 am 
100000 CLUB

casual fan wrote:
At this point, I don't want to give Reinsdorf any more money.
I get it and completely agree, but take the kids once. The Sox still do the kids area and other family/kid related items very well. Even if its a crap game, you still get value if you go on a Family Sunday, a $5 Tuesday, or Monday with the $20 concession bonus. You can bring in your own food (anything you want as long as its in a gallon ziplock bag) and a bottle of water, so even a regular game can be done on a budget.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:37 am 

I've gone once this year. I don't think I've ever attended such few games. It was hawaiian shirt day. I saw some locals, who I assume have seasons or parts of season, walking back home with their shirt as I was walking in.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:39 am 
100000 CLUB

I went twice in 22 and 23, once so far this year. I think only one of those times I purchased tickets. Pre-Covid, it would be at least 6-7+ games per season

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Very bizarre that Crochet is getting his innings drastically cut back but okay to play in the All-Star game.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:26 pm 

70 losses before the All Star Break!

Sox Nation....STAAAAAAAANNND UP!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:23 pm 

You cunnts couldnt win 1 fucking game against the Pirates? You didnt have to face Skenes. Fucking pathetic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:08 am 
1000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:
Very bizarre that Crochet is getting his innings drastically cut back but okay to play in the All-Star game.

I didn't see this as a big deal. His innings are going to be cut back, it's a chance to get him an extended break with limited work (2 IP on Friday, probably 1 IP on Tuesday) over a two week period. While he has 2 more years after this year, and teams can still use him in high leverage situations from the bullpen if they don't want to add starter innings too him, the White Sox are not going to stress him prior to the trade deadline. I would guess that they would pitch him until the end of their rotation out of the break to give him even more time and then limit his pitch counts. He may only start 2 more times for the White Sox prior to the trade deadline with somewhat limited starts.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:17 am 

Baseball Fever...Catch it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 5:04 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
good dolphin wrote:
It was hawaiian shirt day.

I thought that was next Friday...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/07/ ... nment.html

If anyone had anything important to say to Martin Maldonado, I hope they said it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:14 pm 

I remember clear as day Bruce loving the pick up and gushing over him. I laugh at Bruce a lot. Funny guy. I know he catches hell about being a cuck, but in his heart of hearts, his gift is really and truly, not knowing shit about baseball.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:28 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Nardi wrote:
I remember clear as day Bruce loving the pick up and gushing over him. I laugh at Bruce a lot. Funny guy. I know he catches hell about being a cuck, but in his heart of hearts, his gift is really and truly, not knowing shit about baseball.

:lol: :lol:
I'm legit laughing til tears came out over this post.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:

I recall Getz raving about having a better defensive team and playing the right way. Their two big signings to show the way were Maldonado and DeJong....Maldonado was horrible defensively and DeJong has been at least a power source while being not good defensively.....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 1:15 pm 

BD wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I recall Getz raving about having a better defensive team and playing the right way. Their two big signings to show the way were Maldonado and DeJong....Maldonado was horrible defensively and DeJong has been at least a power source while being not good defensively.....

best SS in chicago at a fraction of the price

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 5:12 pm 

I remember Belly being a "fair" signing. :lol: I also tried to tell the Fuzzy Wuzzy Cubbie Flubbies that Swanny was the most average ballplayer I've seen in my life. Not average this year but I'm sure he'll get to the back of the baseball card before the year is up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 48  Next