It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Libs of TikTok
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:22 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Brick wrote:
That's great. Well done Libs of Tik Tok.

Well, several of the Board's Democratic and Republican luminaries (Brick, Pitt, Bob) seem to agree that mob action is the preferred method for resolving political disputes. I can get behind this. Hopefully tensions between the most partisan members of each party will escalate until blood is flowing in the streets. Let The Purge begin!

Now that the dems toothless calls for turning down the heat were followed by "Trump made his bed", MANY say this changes nothing. So today is no different than last Friday except Trump gained 10 points on gambling sites.

Trump didn't deserve to have his ear grazed by a bullet, but it's indisputable that he played a role in cultivating the corrosive political environment that the two major parties now inhabit, as did many others. If Republicans want to masquerade as a party of peace while they engage in mob actions against inconsequential members of the working class, they are free to do so. But the only thing they're accomplishing is escalating tensions along ideological lines, a tactic that will result in some victories, some defeats and, ultimately, a lot of pointless violence. Like I said, though, I'm here for it. Partisan zealots have little capacity for independent thought and no capacity to productively address the structural problems confronting American society. Violence is a symptom of the mutual failure of both political parties, just as the ascent of Trump's reactionary populism was a symptom of the failure of Barack Obama's (disingenuous) progressive populism. Neither party is capable of navigating American society through the 21st century because both have chosen the most simplistic, symbolically reformist approaches to dealing with the systemic problem of neoliberalism, which, as I have been discussing on this board for the past 16 years, has steadily eroded every major foundational element of American society. On with The Purge!

It is amazing how both sides sit back and criticize and whine about the other side without being able to see their own hypocrisy in this stuff.

A guy I graduated with has been all over twitter lately whining about stuff. This morning, he put up this long deal about how MAGA Trump supporters were so stupid and naive and were using this assassination situation to believe such stupid crap. Then 2 hours later he posts a picture from the rally saying how this was clearly a setup by Trump to get attention and more votes.

And it is no doubt both sides that are blinded by this stuff. We are pretty much fucked no matter who wins or who is in control.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
ketaminejuulpod wrote:
it’s amazing what you retards on here post about

Glad you could join us. Welcome aboard!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Franky T wrote:
ketaminejuulpod wrote:
it’s amazing what you retards on here post about

Glad you could join us. Welcome aboard!

:lol:

It's Ike. I guess he wasn't the shooter after all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Bagels wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Well, if anyone deserves to be blamed, shamed, and bullied, it's a volunteer fireman.

true, we aren't talking about CPS teachers here

Correct. They are a pillar of the community and you don't get to be a pillar of the community by spending 12 hours a day arguing with people on a website that fewer than 100 unique people view every day. Right?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Brick wrote:
I think that's taking it too far. Say stupid things online and deal with the consequences.

Is Brick really your name?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I don't think the guy should have been fired or forced to resign or whatever, and the threats/trolling of family and friends is unacceptable. He was at best edgelording, and even if he believes what he says he's allowed to have that opinion (saying he wishes Trump was killed isn't the same as saying he wants to kill Trump), reprehensible though it may be. But his job is to fight fires, not have correct political takes.

"Turn down your rhetoric so we can more comfortably call for the assassination of political opponents" is certainly a bomb-ass take, tho.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
I don't think the guy should have been fired or forced to resign or whatever, and the threats/trolling of family and friends is unacceptable. He was at best edgelording, and even if he believes what he says he's allowed to have that opinion (saying he wishes Trump was killed isn't the same as saying he wants to kill Trump), reprehensible though it may be. But his job is to fight fires, not have correct political takes.

"Turn down your rhetoric so we can more comfortably call for the assassination of political opponents" is certainly a bomb-ass take, tho.

Yeah but the other side has been doing it for years

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:35 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

Agreed. Both sides are bad.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:45 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

The other side has more notches in its belt, sure, but conservatives weren't simply not doing it. But it all depends on what we decide the best path forward is, whether that is a collective step back from what is a dangerous practice that only results in ruin of both ideas and lives, or it's beating back at the other side so badly that we get to a point of mutually assured destruction.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Caller Bob wrote:

The other side has more notches in its belt, sure, but conservatives weren't simply not doing it. But it all depends on what we decide the best path forward is, whether that is a collective step back from what is a dangerous practice that only results in ruin of both ideas and lives, or it's beating back at the other side so badly that we get to a point of mutually assured destruction.

Probably the second thing.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:54 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

Door #2 my friend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

It's the second thing. I think there was like a 4 hr pause of hostilities and then right back at it. Biden took the edge off and everybody laughed and got back to normal when he said political violence is unheard of in America.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:02 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

Hopefully. Take down both sides.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
There is no possibility of collectiveness. People have to make a choice between good and evil. Democrats have weaponized all arms of government. They are racists. They are fascists. They hate women and don't care about their safety or rights. They want to be able to determine when you can work, worship (which they ridicule only Christians for), what you must do medically, the type of language you can use, what information you can consume. They are bringing crime into the country and not prosecuting criminals, want to remove all forms of personal protection, and punish anybody that tries to defend themselves. They persecute their political opponents high and low profile. They teach your kids to be activists, weird sex kinks, but not how to read or math. They don't give a shit about cost of living or Americans. They love violence and chaos. There was a true attack on Democracy this weekend and they're like oh be nice to us! This list goes on. Fuck them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:14 pm 

Yeah so much for the Left toning it down

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:22 pm 

So we settled on "Nationalist" instead of "nazi".

That's progress man.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Ukraine is in trouble now because of JD Vance.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I thought we were trying to unify and Van Jones is inciting violence. I usually like him but he's wrong a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:42 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Yeah so much for the Left toning it down

I wouldn't call that "losing it"

I have seen some disgusting takes on the shooting from surprising places. We laugh about wishing death on each other here, but there are people who I didn't think were crazies, who really do wish it upon a person with a different world view. Not only that, an assassination of a former president is an attack on the US. I don't know what is liberal or conservative any more.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:47 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
good dolphin wrote:
I don't know what is liberal or conservative any more.

It took awhile but you got there.

A world where Glenn Greenwald is "far right" and Bill Kristol is "progressive." You couldn't make that up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
looks like Jack Black an his partner got cancelled too

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/tenacious ... g-comment/

The fallout has been swift; TMZ reported on Monday that sources told them Black “wasn’t aware Kyle would say this, and that he doesn’t condone violence.” Soon after, United Australia Party leader Senator Ralph Babet issued a statement calling for Tenacious D’s deportation. “I condemn in the strongest possible way the call to political violence by Tenacious D in Sydney on Sunday,” it reads. “To advocate and or wish for the assassination of a President is egregious, disgusting, filthy, evil, and not acceptable in any way shape or form.”

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:03 am 

just give them a kick with the boot and be done with it

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:05 am 

Uh oh, look out LTG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:06 am 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Hopefully. Take down both sides.

#CancelEverything

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Caller Bob wrote:
Uh oh, look out LTG

I'm literally "Shaking in my boots" as we speak. Between them and those who are always worried about my "work ethic" someone has to finally get me don't they? Just Asking A Question

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:33 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Caller Bob wrote:
Uh oh, look out LTG

Any teacher removed from their position will likely be replaced by a younger teacher with even more "extreme" political beliefs than the person they are replacing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:41 am 

Or wants to bone a 13 year old boy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 12:21 pm 

W_Z wrote:

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Spaulding wrote:
There is no possibility of collectiveness. People have to make a choice between good and evil. Democrats have weaponized all arms of government. They are racists. They are fascists. They hate women and don't care about their safety or rights. They want to be able to determine when you can work, worship (which they ridicule only Christians for), what you must do medically, the type of language you can use, what information you can consume. They are bringing crime into the country and not prosecuting criminals, want to remove all forms of personal protection, and punish anybody that tries to defend themselves. They persecute their political opponents high and low profile. They teach your kids to be activists, weird sex kinks, but not how to read or math. They don't give a shit about cost of living or Americans. They love violence and chaos. There was a true attack on Democracy this weekend and they're like oh be nice to us! This list goes on. Fuck them.

Very true. The thing that really pisses me off also is how many Dems are yelling at Republicans to TONE DOWN THEIR RHETORIC and actually blaming the republicans for the shooting. Then I had the displeasure of watching Jen Saki and other Msnbc and nbc "reporters tell us how SCARED THEY ARE that they will be targeted and killed if the republicans don't "tone down their hate filled rhetoric"??? What fucking drivel.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 5:57 pm 

W_Z wrote:

Wow. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next