It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
a retard wrote:
"Superstar" :lol:

No thank you.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/chi ... 8fcacde1a8
Quote:
Ex-Bears Superstar Surprisingly Still Available; Should Chicago Reunite?

Patrick McAvoy

The Chicago Bears still have some room for growth this summer.

Chicago has been extremely active this offseason and still could make another move or two this summer. The Bears have a chance to be much better in 2024 and one of the team's former stars still is out there in free agency and could be an intriguing free-agent candidate.

Former Bears star safety Eddie Jackson surprisingly still is available in free agency and is one of the best safeties still out there. Jackson was selected by the Bears in the fourth round of the 2017 National Football League Draft and has spent seven seasons with the team.

Jackson was named to the Pro Bowl in 2018 and 2019 and was an All-Pro in 2018. The 30-year-old is the ninth-ranked available free agent by NFL Trade Rumors and could make a lot of sense for the Bears.

Chicago has had an intriguing offseason with multiple solid additions -- including phenom Caleb Williams and superstar receiver Keenan Allen -- but still has more work to do. A reunion with Jackson could help improve the secondary.

Free agency essentially comes to a pause after plenty of action early on. It's unclear when it will pick back up, but Jackson should find another opportunity in the near future. Chicago makes a lot of sense as a reunion option.

Why not consider a reunion at this point in the offseason?

Even for clickbait this one is mind numbingly stupid.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

a retard wrote:
"Superstar" :lol:

No thank you.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/chi ... 8fcacde1a8
Quote:
Ex-Bears Superstar Surprisingly Still Available; Should Chicago Reunite?

Patrick McAvoy

The Chicago Bears still have some room for growth this summer.

Chicago has been extremely active this offseason and still could make another move or two this summer. The Bears have a chance to be much better in 2024 and one of the team's former stars still is out there in free agency and could be an intriguing free-agent candidate.

Former Bears star safety Eddie Jackson surprisingly still is available in free agency and is one of the best safeties still out there. Jackson was selected by the Bears in the fourth round of the 2017 National Football League Draft and has spent seven seasons with the team.

Jackson was named to the Pro Bowl in 2018 and 2019 and was an All-Pro in 2018. The 30-year-old is the ninth-ranked available free agent by NFL Trade Rumors and could make a lot of sense for the Bears.

Chicago has had an intriguing offseason with multiple solid additions -- including phenom Caleb Williams and superstar receiver Keenan Allen -- but still has more work to do. A reunion with Jackson could help improve the secondary.

Free agency essentially comes to a pause after plenty of action early on. It's unclear when it will pick back up, but Jackson should find another opportunity in the near future. Chicago makes a lot of sense as a reunion option.

Why not consider a reunion at this point in the offseason?

The only way they would consider a reunion is if they had a wave of serious injuries in training camp. I'm not even sure they would bring him back then. He was not a good player any longer, but his teammates respected him. They also did sign the safety (Owens0 from GB who played quite a bit in GB to go with Byard so they have probably improved the overall depth at that position. I'm not convinced Byard is actually an improvement given his age, but he's probably better than Jackson.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Drew Rosenhaus is trying to generate a market, but the Bears should be in on it. If everyone is healthy, center is the only question mark on the offensive line. Disregard this if Poles is confident in Bates.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2024/ ... rosenhaus/

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: The Forum
The "They are who we thought they were" game is on NFL Network. The booth of Tirico, Theismann and Kornheiser (?) is just terrible. Nice to see Urlacher clobbering Leinart.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Sock Puppet wrote:
The "They are who we thought they were" game is on NFL Network. The booth of Tirico, Theismann and Kornheiser (?) is just terrible. Nice to see Urlacher clobbering Leinart.

that showed up on my youtube last week. the last quarter was a fun watch. I did not remember how bad rex was:

14/37, 144 yards, 0 td 4 INT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: The Forum
billypootons wrote:
Sock Puppet wrote:

that showed up on my youtube last week. the last quarter was a fun watch. I did not remember how bad rex was:

This is where "We like Rex as our quarterback" started LOL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
billypootons wrote:
Sock Puppet wrote:

That's the game that ended the MVP Rex discussion.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:19 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
veganfan21 wrote:
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Brick wrote:
I probably should have said top 10 than top 5. Don't buy the backup argument either. Particularly given that it is often made by people on here. The perception of Fields changes drastically once you get out of the CFMB bubble I'm rapidly finding out.

At best he is going to go start on a bad desperate team that doesn't have a high draft pick to get one of the 4 rookie quarterbacks that are highly sought after. He's pretty close to being a backup.

The kid was 11 for 16 last week with no interceptions and playing behind a shitty O-Line and to hear people tell it here he stunk the joint up. Its those sort of evaluations that lead me to question their "objectivity" when it comes to Fields.

Where is the statistical evidence saying the o line is bad. Are you saying Fields holding on to the ball for a league leading 3+ seconds is due to poor line play, or that it's actually a good thing to hold on to the ball for that long?

Funny how this very " crucial" stat was conveniently overlooked by all of the football "gurus" around here.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/live-b ... hWz4J5SlW/

Quote:
Justin Fields under pressure early
Bears QB Justin Fields dodged enough pass rushers to help move Chicago into Minnesota territory, but Cairo Santos' 48-yard FG attempt was wide right.

The early pressure is nothing new for Fields as he entered the night having been pressured on a league-high 49.4% of his dropbacks this season, which is up from the league-leading 45.9% pressure rate he faced in 2022.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:24 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
I probably should have said top 10 than top 5. Don't buy the backup argument either. Particularly given that it is often made by people on here. The perception of Fields changes drastically once you get out of the CFMB bubble I'm rapidly finding out.

At best he is going to go start on a bad desperate team that doesn't have a high draft pick to get one of the 4 rookie quarterbacks that are highly sought after. He's pretty close to being a backup.

The kid was 11 for 16 last week with no interceptions and playing behind a shitty O-Line and to hear people tell it here he stunk the joint up. Its those sort of evaluations that lead me to question their "objectivity" when it comes to Fields.

Where is the statistical evidence saying the o line is bad. Are you saying Fields holding on to the ball for a league leading 3+ seconds is due to poor line play, or that it's actually a good thing to hold on to the ball for that long?

Funny how this very " crucial" stat was conveniently overlooked by all of the football "gurus" around here.

Quote:
Bears QB Justin Fields dodged enough pass rushers to help move Chicago into Minnesota territory, but Cairo Santos' 48-yard FG attempt was wide right.

The early pressure is nothing new for Fields as he entered the night having been pressured on a league-high 49.4% of his dropbacks this season, which is up from the league-leading 45.9% pressure rate he faced in 2022.

https://sports.yahoo.com/justin-fields-taken-majority-sacks-022757290.html

Fields has been by far the QB who holds onto the ball longer than any other starting quarterback. It's not surprising he lead the league in pressure rate.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:15 am 

Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:

Quote:

https://sports.yahoo.com/justin-fields-taken-majority-sacks-022757290.html

Fields has been by far the QB who holds onto the ball longer than any other starting quarterback. It's not surprising he lead the league in pressure rate.

Fields is also the dude who has to by far "create more time to throw" because of s shitty O-Line and a collapsing pocket all of the time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:27 am 

Fields is also the dude who has to by far "create more time to throw" because of s shitty O-Line and a collapsing pocket all of the time.
That's not what the stats indicate. 4 seconds is more than enough time to throw. When 80% of your sacks come from after 4 seconds it means you are holding onto the ball too long. Now, it would be easy to overlook this if he had gaudy passing stats which indicated that he was extending plays while not just throwing it away and it was resulting in major yardage as plays broke down but that is clearly not the case.

4 seconds isn't a collapsing pocket.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
It is strange to me that the I still like Fields more people are not ostracized like the I stand by Mitch people.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:50 am 

pittmike wrote:
It is strange to me that the I still like Fields more people are not ostracized like the I stand by Mitch people.

We all owe (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky an apology for how he was treated. Hopefully Williams is much better though and he at least earns the (Pro Bowl QB) label.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:00 am 

It's strange that MANY around here still think (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is a better QB than Justin Fields.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:06 am 

It's strange that MANY around here still think (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is a better QB than Justin Fields.

He wasn’t?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:09 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
It's strange that MANY around here still think (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is a better QB than Justin Fields.

He wasn’t?

He isn't.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:22 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
It's strange that MANY around here still think (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is a better QB than Justin Fields.

He wasn’t?

He isn't.

Definitely not true so far but I guess time will tell.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:26 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
It's strange that MANY around here still think (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is a better QB than Justin Fields.

He wasn’t?

He isn't.

Trubiskey Has thrown a total of 8 TDs and 11 ints in the 3 years since Fields has been in the NFL. Which validates that he "definitely" is not better than Fields currently.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:26 am 

It's strange that MANY around here still think (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is a better QB than Justin Fields.

As a Bear (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was significantly better.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:27 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
It's strange that MANY around here still think (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is a better QB than Justin Fields.

He wasn’t?

He isn't.

Trubiskey Has thrown a total of 8 TDs and 11 into in the 3 years since Fields has been in the NFL. Which validates that he "definitely" is not better than Fields currently.

So we only look at those 3 years, his career is judged on those 3 years?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:32 am 

Brick wrote:
It's strange that MANY around here still think (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is a better QB than Justin Fields.

As a Bear (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was significantly better.

OK then why was that and what has happened since? In the 3 years that Justin Fields has been a Pro, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky has thrown for less than 2,000 yards. He clearly isn't better than J Fields right now. And I doubt seriously that he ever was.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:35 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
It's strange that MANY around here still think (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is a better QB than Justin Fields.

He wasn’t?

He isn't.

Trubiskey Has thrown a total of 8 TDs and 11 into in the 3 years since Fields has been in the NFL. Which validates that he "definitely" is not better than Fields currently.

So we only look at those 3 years, his career is judged on those 3 years?

You have to look at those 3 years as well as his time with the Bears and ask yourself why the drop-off has been so "precipitous" for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky since he left. I have my theories.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:40 am 

Brick wrote:
It's strange that MANY around here still think (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is a better QB than Justin Fields.

As a Bear (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was significantly better.

OK then why was that and what has happened since? In the 3 years that Justin Fields has been a Pro, (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky has thrown for less than 2,000 yards. He clearly isn't better than J Fields right now. And I doubt seriously that he ever was.

I'm not arguing who is better as of today. Fields is also better than Peyton Manning right now. That doesn't really matter either.

As a Bear, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was treated far worse and was far better than Fields.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:43 am 

I think both guys could have been great but for this organization, but I sometimes imbibe in blue and orange kool aid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:47 am 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:
It's strange that MANY around here still think (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is a better QB than Justin Fields.

As a Bear (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was significantly better.

OK then why was that and what has happened since? In the 3 years that Justin Fields has been a Pro, (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky has thrown for less than 2,000 yards. He clearly isn't better than J Fields right now. And I doubt seriously that he ever was.

I'm not arguing who is better as of today. Fields is also better than Peyton Manning right now. That doesn't really matter either.

As a Bear, (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was treated far worse and was far better than Fields.

Peyton Manning doesn't play football currently. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky does however. And isn't old either. Fields has been far better since he has been a pro in the same time span as (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:01 am 

Brick wrote:
That's not what the stats indicate. 4 seconds is more than enough time to throw. When 80% of your sacks come from after 4 seconds it means you are holding onto the ball too long. Now, it would be easy to overlook this if he had gaudy passing stats which indicated that he was extending plays while not just throwing it away and it was resulting in major yardage as plays broke down but that is clearly not the case.

Here is an entire game filled with "collapsing pockets" Brick. And hardly an "outlier" either.

https://youtu.be/nhF7ApctAsE?si=VqYA4FcLTE_mCCIS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Hawg Ass wrote:

He wasn’t?

He isn't.

This has to be an LTG bit? Just Asking A Question.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:24 pm 

Brick wrote:

Here is an entire game filled with "collapsing pockets" Brick. And hardly an "outlier" either.

The stats are clear. 80% of his sacks came from after 4 seconds. That is more than enough time to throw the ball away or make a throw with a chance of gaining positive yardage. Every QB in the league does it.

In fact, if the OL is as bad as you say it is then it is MORE reason to get the ball out fast. Let's say it was the worst in the league. Why are you waiting 4 seconds to throw? If you trust your OL maybe you can extend it out but your argument seems to be the OL was terrible, Fields knew it was terrible, and he still waiting longer than anyone in the league does to throw the ball. Honestly, that's probably the biggest indictment of the football acumen of Fields that you can make.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:13 pm 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

The stats are clear. 80% of his sacks came from after 4 seconds. That is more than enough time to throw the ball away or make a throw with a chance of gaining positive yardage. Every QB in the league does it.

In fact, if the OL is as bad as you say it is then it is MORE reason to get the ball out fast. Let's say it was the worst in the league. Why are you waiting 4 seconds to throw? If you trust your OL maybe you can extend it out but your argument seems to be the OL was terrible, Fields knew it was terrible, and he still waiting longer than anyone in the league does to throw the ball. Honestly, that's probably the biggest indictment of the football acumen of Fields that you can make.

4 second stat cannot tell you whether a pocket has collapsed shortly after the football has been snapped. Only film can. That's why I provided. Eyetest told me that the Bears O-Line sucked and that statistic only verified it.

But hey "WE" have Caleb now..GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:17 pm 

4 second stat cannot tell you whether a pocket has collapsed shortly after the football has been snapped. Only film can. That's why I provided. Eyetest told me that the Bears O-Line sucked and that statistic only verified it.
No, the 4 second stat literally tells you if the pocket has collapsed shortly after the football has been snapped. That's the 4 seconds part. It's 4 seconds after the snap.

As I also said, if the OL was truly as bad as you say then Fields was stupid to hold the ball as long as he did instead of getting rid of it earlier or throwing it away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next