It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5675 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 186, 187, 188, 189, 190  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 7:00 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
I remember the days watching my sons play baseball, neither of whom were very good. The only thing that got us through those ordeals were the adult beverages we concealed in "tippy cups," which were the predecessors to Yetis.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 7:53 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
On a much more trivial note, last night my kid played in a baseball game that lasted 2.5 hours. League rules state that new innings aren't supposed to start after 1.75 hours, but the coaches have ignored this stipulation two out of the last three games. As I'm sure many of you know, it can be excruciating watching a bunch of 4th-graders play baseball if the pitchers aren't finding the strike zone. And that was the case last night on both sides. My son's coach, though, treats every game like it's the World Series, so the team often plays unnecessary extra innings. I've never seen a youth sports coach with such psychotic zeal, even in AAU basketball where the competition is ostensibly more "serious". I'm not sure what the point is of having such long games. Even the most competitive kids seem to zone out after a while. Some of the other parents do evidently enjoy these baseball marathons, though, and are cheering and jeering like complete whack jobs from beginning to end. Neither they nor my son's coach seem to realize or care that practice is much more valuable for player development at this age than games are. What an exercise in absurdity.

The practice statement is truth, especially with younger kids. I'd say the primary deficiency with young parent coaches is teaching pitching. The overwhelming majority have no clue. If I were commissioner for a young league, I'd mandate a coaches clinic on teaching pitching. Standardize the teaching across the entire age group.

You should be able to wrap up a practice in an hour if you are organized and have the facilities.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 7:55 am 

a retard wrote:
I remember the days watching my sons play baseball, neither of whom were very good. The only thing that got us through those ordeals were the adult beverages we concealed in "tippy cups," which were the predecessors to Yetis.

I don't know when but at some point the drinking became standard among parents. I didn't like it. Just like at mlb games, a lot of people became experts after a few drinks.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 8:14 am 

good dolphin wrote:
a genius wrote:

I don't know when but at some point the drinking became standard among parents. I didn't like it. Just like at mlb games, a lot of people became experts after a few drinks.

Yeah, I can see why, as it is not necessarily a great look. But we were not those people that meddled with coaches decisions or barked at umpires. We simply socialized among ourselves and cheered the kids when they (occasionally) did something good.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 9:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Thanks Guys.

Also...if you go to 84 12U baseball games between March and October...at some point you may have a bloody or IPA at an 8am game in July.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Thanks Guys.

Also...if you go to 84 12U baseball games between March and October...at some point you may have a bloody or IPA at an 8am game in July.

Yeah I see that with our adult kids and friends. There seems to be a relaxed feel at age 28-38 now with it. Baseball game wine or IPA at the zoo etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Is everyone in Joliet homeless? Been sitting at the Starbucks on Larkin and some lady just came in with a sign and grabbed my coffee, then walked out. They gave me a new coffee because apparently she does that every day. Everyone else that has come in looks like they haven't showered in about 5 years.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:50 pm 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Is everyone in Joliet homeless? Been sitting at the Starbucks on Larkin and some lady just came in with a sign and grabbed my coffee, then walked out. They gave me a new coffee because apparently she does that every day. Everyone else that has come in looks like they haven't showered in about 5 years.

should have dipped your balls in it

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: What??

Good to know Joliet hasn't changed a bit since 1983. Ever been to Romeoville? Oof, yikes, and ugh.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
good dolphin wrote:

should have dipped your balls in it

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City

I lived there most of my life and I’d say the fact that there’s a Starbucks on Larkin is progress.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Rich in history Joliet is now crime ridden.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:53 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Rich in history Joliet is now crime ridden.

So is your mom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I have to be downtown a few times this week to give some xerson traveling through the country the illusion that people come into the office.

My train was delayed 20 minutes this morning. Union is a cluster fuck tonight. Trains can’t get in, they’re changing tracks, schedules are being altered to make all stops. Also it’s about 100 degrees on the platform and I’m sweating like a guy trying to explain why the Randy Moss poster is funny.

Maybe Trump was right in letting Fauci shut down the country to usher in the WFH age.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:31 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I have to be downtown a few times this week to give some xerson traveling through the country the illusion that people come into the office.

My train was delayed 20 minutes this morning. Union is a cluster fuck tonight. Trains can’t get in, they’re changing tracks, schedules are being altered to make all stops. Also it’s about 100 degrees on the platform and I’m sweating like a guy trying to explain why the Randy Moss poster is funny.

Maybe Trump was right in letting Fauci shut down the country to usher in the WFH age.

Consider the train line immediately east of you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

Department summit this week, so I've been downtown all week, which includes 2 consecutive hangover days. Looking forward to resting my liver the next 2 nights.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:47 am 

What a Friday :evil:

Went golfing with a friend late afternoon. Got home and was helping wife and daughter prepare a bonfire for after our dinner out. Well sometime in the last couple weeks a swarm of yellow jackets made a nest under the wood pile.

Got attacked and nearly immediately had a reaction I never had in my life. Worst itching and hives, numbing lips and a lump in my throat.

First urgent care for epi and Benadryl. Then they sent me in ambulance to ER. Bunch of IV drugs and liquid. Monitor a couple hours and sent home. Got a sub to eat then sleep.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2024 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

pittmike wrote:

Went golfing with a friend late afternoon. Got home and was helping wife and daughter prepare a bonfire for after our dinner out. Well sometime in the last couple weeks a swarm of yellow jackets made a nest under the wood pile.

Got attacked and nearly immediately had a reaction I never had in my life. Worst itching and hives, numbing lips and a lump in my throat.

First urgent care for epi and Benadryl. Then they sent me in ambulance to ER. Bunch of IV drugs and liquid. Monitor a couple hours and sent home. Got a sub to eat then sleep.

Glad you survived Mike.

#Trump Tough

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2024 2:04 pm 

pittmike wrote:

those motherfuckers are brutal. we were dodging a few at the kane county cougars game last week. bastards.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:06 am 

I'm a boxers guy (I'll give yourself a moment to dry yourself off, ladies). It seems like traditional boxers are going the way of the dinosaur. They have these ball hugging boxer briefs made of lycra. Those aren't boxers in my world. The item used to be a staple of college bookstores. What's wrong with people. Boxers rule.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
good dolphin wrote:
I'm a boxers guy (I'll give yourself a moment to dry yourself off, ladies). It seems like traditional boxers are going the way of the dinosaur. They have these ball hugging boxer briefs made of lycra. Those aren't boxers in my world. The item used to be a staple of college bookstores. What's wrong with people. Boxers rule.

I'm with you dolphin. The dogs are great as well.

#TeamBoxers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:43 am 

T-Bone wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I'm with you dolphin. The dogs are great as well.

#TeamBoxers

yeah, but they don't go on your junk as easily

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:34 pm 

I hate boxers.

Team boxer briefs!!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:11 am 

Seacrest wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Glad you survived Mike.

#Trump Tough

I'm usually good for getting stung a couple times a year; never had any issues until last year. I was weedwhacking in wisconsin and must have hit a nest. Don't know how many times I was stung but I had a similar reaction; dizzyness, numbness, and itching all over (not just where I was stung). It lasted maybe 18 hours. I probably should have gone to ER but I toughed it out.

Haven't gotten stung since but I do have Benadryl on the ready.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:52 am 

I drive my boy and nephews home from football from downtown each night after their four hour "camp" sessions. I now understand the smell of the 500 yards of foulness that Andy Dufresne had to crawl through to gain his freedom.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:57 am 

a retard wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Glad you survived Mike.

#Trump Tough

I'm usually good for getting stung a couple times a year; never had any issues until last year. I was weedwhacking in wisconsin and must have hit a nest. Don't know how many times I was stung but I had a similar reaction; dizzyness, numbness, and itching all over (not just where I was stung). It lasted maybe 18 hours. I probably should have gone to ER but I toughed it out.

Haven't gotten stung since but I do have Benadryl on the ready.

I have my epi in my holster. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:16 am 

pittmike wrote:
I have my epi in my holster. :lol:

Is that an epi in your holster or are you happy to see me?

Last fall at my annual I told my doctor about the bee incident. He said he would prescribe me an epi but of course by the end of the visit we both forgot.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:36 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
I drive my boy and nephews home from football from downtown each night after their four hour "camp" sessions. I now understand the smell of the 500 yards of foulness that Andy Dufresne had to crawl through to gain his freedom.

Had to bring our car to be expensively detailed last summer just to get the smell of our son’s sweaty clothes and shoes out of it.

It was really bad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:57 am 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Had to bring our car to be expensively detailed last summer just to get the smell of our son’s sweaty clothes and shoes out of it.

It was really bad

...expensively detailed...Deni$-esq humblebrag?

Regardless, I am not too old to remember there is nothing quite like the stench of male adolescent BO.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:36 am 

i have a zit on the inside rim of my nose and this pollen in the air is making my nose run. torture

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5675 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 186, 187, 188, 189, 190  Next