It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 3:43 pm 

The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Nas wrote:
It's kinda hard to be a casual fanatic. Fanaticism is meatballism.

I root root root for the home team with the best of em. I also try and be realistic in my assessments. Meatballism really doesn't allow for that sort of thing.

Are you root root rooting for Caleb Williams? What is real is that Field's failed in Chicago and Caleb is the next man up.

I don't know if Caleb will be a Superstar, but I will sure have fun rooting for him to be one this season.

I'm a Bears fan first and foremost and have been since Armstrong was coaching the team, and before Writer Bob ever bitched and moaned about "DEI QB" Henry Burris being considered a "hot prospect"

There is no doubt in my mind that the best way for the Bears to succeed was to trade the #1 overall for a major haul and keep Fields
If they weren't going to do that then keep both and have them compete for the spot. May the Best guy win.

To give Fields away just to appease an untested, unproven Rookie made little sense to me. Particularly when your head coach needs it to work in order to save his job. And maybe yours as GM.

If I'm wrong about Caleb then I will own it. But I don't think that I will be. When I've watched him I just don't see "Generational talent". What I see is an undersized QB with an above average arm but hardly a cannon. I also see a guy that has good but not great speed.

When I watched Justin Fields play I easily saw the most talented and physically gifted QB to ever put on a Bears uniform.

The Bears went all in on this kid little do people know. If he flops given the investment in him, then the franchise will be set back for at least 5 years.

Fair enough. We will see by the end of the season if you are correct or not. I didn't see the gears turning in Field's head to process the game. Looked like he was stuck on 12 O'clock and didn't know if it was AM or PM. A fancy pocket watch is just a piece of scrap metal if it doesn't TIK TOK.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
If I'm wrong about Caleb then I will own it.

Thanks for the new sig.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
TriColoredPastas wrote:

Thanks for the new sig.

Newsflash, he won't

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Caller Bob wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

Thanks for the new sig.

Newsflash, he won't

You flip flop more than a Jesse White tumbler just so that you'll never admit that you were wrong about anything Writer Bob.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 5:55 pm 

Oh yeah just got word from one of my peeps that's out in L.A. currently. Just spoke with an NFL agent that has a few USC players as clients. Said CW really isn't particularly good. Bumslayer and nothing else. Do with this info what you must.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Oh yeah just got word from one of my peeps that's out in L.A. currently. Just spoke with an NFL agent that has a few USC players as clients. Said CW really isn't particularly good. Bumslayer and nothing else. Do with this info what you must.

Has your “friend’s” “friend” ever seen a football?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:17 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

They're not friends. Just a dude that is an NFL agent who provided his thoughts. Wasn't particularly impressed with CW as a player.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:18 pm 

https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/nfl/ch ... ic/584807/

Caleb continues to struggle in camp.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:19 pm 

I wonder why an NFL agent would feel negatively towards a guy who basically said "Having an agent is stupid. I'll do it myself"?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Safe slice
https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/nfl/chicago-bears/bears-analysis/caleb-williams-bears-offense-struggling-time-for-panic/584807/

Caleb continues to struggle in camp.

Just admit your bashing of fhe non gender conforming Williams is a cope for you being attracted to Field's toxic masculinity on the down low. You wish Fields would run into your sack just like he ran into so many sacks last year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:25 pm 

Brick wrote:
I wonder why an NFL agent would feel negatively towards a guy who basically said "Having an agent is stupid. I'll do it myself"?

Hmmm "Jilted Lover" theory. Where have I heard that before? I know where

He They Xe Xem wrote:
Just admit your bashing of fhe non gender conforming Williams is a cope for you being attracted to Field's toxic masculinity on the down low. You wish Fields would run into your sack just like he ran into so many sacks last year.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:26 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

They're not friends. Just a dude that is an NFL agent who provided his thoughts. Wasn't particularly impressed with CW as a player.

Does the agent who thinks Caleb sucks also think he was worth a gigantic haul?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:27 pm 

Brick wrote:

He They Xe Xem wrote:

To be clear I don't think you want to date Caleb Williams.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:30 pm 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

He They Xe Xem wrote:

Who cares? It's a dopey message board heavily populated by rather odd "weird" and incestuous "men". Current poster excluded of course.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

:lol:

Thanks for the scoop, but you don't need insider sources to have watched Caleb play football.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Safe slice
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

He They Xe Xem wrote:

He wanted Fields to read his interest but Field's couldnt diagnose the situation snd then fumbled away any chance he had with Styles.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:49 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Thanks for the scoop, but you don't need insider sources to have watched Caleb play football.

I'd trust those Insider sources a helluva lot better than I would the word of a "Writer Bob" that's for sure. Particularly when it comes to his performances against better competition too.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I guess it's possible that a random agent could have contacted LTG and told him he had the exact same opinion LTG does about Caleb. There just aren't enough USC players in the NFL, that played with Caleb, for any agent to have a few of them. Plus, the Google machine allows us to see what agent or agency each player is represented by.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
FavreFan wrote:

I'd trust those Insider sources a helluva lot better than I would the word of a "Writer Bob" that's for sure. Particularly when it comes to his performances against better competition too.

It's just the appeal to authority fallacy.

If an insider claimed Caleb was a bad dude, bad work ethic or attitude, etc, then I could understand the value of him having information that wasn't public. "The best QB prospect in at least a decade isn't good at football" is something to just ignore imo.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:53 pm 

Agents are going to be biased against Williams given the precedent he and others seek to establish where it's dumb to give some guy in a suit part of your salary when you already know you are getting paid.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:55 pm 

Nas wrote:
I guess it's possible that a random agent could have contacted LTG and told him he had the exact same opinion LTG does about Caleb. There just aren't enough USC players in the NFL, that played with Caleb, for any agent to have a few of them. Plus, the Google machine allows us to see what agent or agency each player is represented by.

Nah it wasn't me. It was one of my peeps that's out in L.A. currently. Just a random conversation. You can Google it all you want but there is no way for you to know. The players could be current NFL players or current USC players. Some of them have agents or guys that will be their agent once they declare.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:58 pm 

Brick wrote:
Agents are going to be biased against Williams given the precedent he and others seek to establish where it's dumb to give some guy in a suit part of your salary when you already know you are getting paid.

It's obvious that you're going to be "biased" and rather "presumptuous" too Brick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:00 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

If an insider claimed Caleb was a bad dude, bad work ethic or attitude, etc, then I could understand the value of him having information that wasn't public. "The best QB prospect in at least a decade isn't good at football" is something to just ignore imo.

Or anybody who watched the last two years of college football.
No. That guy knows more than everybody in the NFL.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:01 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

There have been quite a few (including Keyshawn Johnson) who didn't feel that way though. And against better competition (NFL Caliber) he sucked.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Source: My dad works for Nintendo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

The games are about to be played and LTG is still clinging to and trying to rehash his winter arguments. Arguments that he made by trying to box score hunt to defend Fields. The same box score hunting wasn't exactly helpful to college Fields, though.

We no longer have to speculate. We are going to see what Fields and Caleb will do going forward. No imaginary or real agents' opinions matter at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:28 pm 

Nas wrote:
The games are about to be played and LTG is still clinging to and trying to rehash his winter arguments. Arguments that he made by trying to box score hunt to defend Fields. The same box score hunting wasn't exactly helpful to college Fields, though.

We no longer have to speculate. We are going to see what Fields and Caleb will do going forward. No imaginary or real agents' opinions matter at this point.

Nah all opinions matter. Not just yours or the "consensus speak" of CFMB'S Football intelligentsia.. And seeing as MANY here never miss a chance to still tell the world that "Justin sucks", it's all the more relevant.
I'm all for rolling the ball out at this point and seeing how it goes. However it seems as if Eberflus isn't though. Which should be even more concerning.
Why in the hell is he still being coy with whether the kid will play or not this week? Shouldn't that be a no brainer? Just Asking Questions

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

Nah all opinions matter. Not just yours or the "consensus speak" of CFMB'S Football intelligentsia.. And seeing as MANY here never miss a chance to still tell the world that "Justin sucks", it's all the more relevant.
I'm all for rolling the ball out at this point and seeing how it goes. However it seems as if Eberflus isn't though. Which should be even more concerning.
Why in the hell is he still being coy with whether the kid will play or not this week? Shouldn't that be a no brainer? Just Asking Questions

Your opinion matters for your argument. You don't need some unnamed person to validate your thoughts. Make your argument and stand on it. As I said, we're going to see both of them going forward and judge their careers. Hopefully, both stay healthy.

There's no need to pretend Fields wasn't a fan favorite here, even WFR loved him. I was on an island with 2 other people when I created that thread, and I was still rooting for him and hoping he figured things out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:37 pm 

Fields was an awesome running back. He just can't throw. It happens. It's hard to be a quarterback if you can't throw.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:41 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Your opinion matters for your argument. You don't need some unnamed person to validate your thoughts. Make your argument and stand on it. As I said, we're going to see both of them going forward and judge their careers. Hopefully, both stay healthy.

There's no need to pretend Fields wasn't a fan favorite here, even WFR loved him. I was on an island with 2 other people when I created that thread, and I was still rooting for him and hoping he figured things out.

Technically speaking, everyone here is "unnamed" to me. Thus their "anonymity" is no different than an unnamed agent. As far as "Fields hate" goes it was only last year that MANY here were clamoring for Tyson Bagent "UGH" to be the QB just because they didn't like the guy. Who's "owning that" or "standing on that" currently?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 75  Next