It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: New Mexico has no good pizza. Send help.
orioleboy wrote:
It's an annoying talent to have but Laurence can take a story about nothing and stretch it out to three or four minutes . If he goes to the store to buy an avocado and nothing happens, he brings it to the air as if it's an interesting anecdote. Maybe his co workers constantly kissing his ring has made him believe he is actually interesting.

What ring?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Larry said he chose the entertainment side of sports media. But, said he could of been an executive in the field if he chose.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
vitoscotti wrote:
Larry said he chose the entertainment side of sports media. But, said he could of been an executive in the field if he chose.

He probably could have had his buddy Mitch start him out in that direction. Who cares?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I thought he wasn't even a very good account manager.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I find it hard to believe a guy who thinks he could’ve played professional baseball also believes he could’ve managed a regional radio station.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:11 am 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

He probably could have had his buddy Mitch start him out in that direction. Who cares?

He does run a small business.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2024 7:19 am 

lots of people start at low level executive positions in baseball. I think Bernstein was a basketball executive while he was also the announcer for that rockford team.

Sir isn't creative enough to be in the lead of anything but he would be an excellent at carrying someone's briefcase and complimenting him on his decisions

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2024 11:30 am 

orioleboy wrote:
It's an annoying talent to have but Laurence can take a story about nothing and stretch it out to three or four minutes . If he goes to the store to buy an avocado and nothing happens, he brings it to the air as if it's an interesting anecdote. Maybe his co workers constantly kissing his ring has made him believe he is actually interesting.

This reminds me of that annoying Nissan commercial where they have some guy tell his friend about his "crazy" story about how he bought his new car. He went to a dealership, test drove a car, got a sales pitch and bought the car. I think of Holmes whenever I see this ad.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2024 1:59 pm 

Not many YouTube views for Larry's juggernaut.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
vitoscotti wrote:
Not many YouTube views for Larry's juggernaut.

Jesus, I know people who get more views posting dashcam videos of driving through random stretches of Interstate.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
I Diligently watch Digging Up Dillinger and they get 20 views.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2024 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
my Hamms commercial upload has more views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEs6pYgACIc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2024 3:34 pm 

A guy reviewing the elevator at the Tuesday Morning at the corner of Rand and Palatine: 515 views

SPOILER: it's just your basic elevator for a department store, there isn't anything too special about it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:42 pm 

that is a major indicator of popularity for a guy with a daily radio show during which he plugs the podcast at least once a week. Anyone who likes his radio work has to at least take a look at the youtube.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2024 7:34 pm 

I can't believe more people don't want to watch a condescending victim card playing self-centered know it all racist broadcast a weekly pity party talking himself down from a ledge?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2024 7:37 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
I can't believe more people don't want to watch a condescending victim card playing self-centered know it all racist broadcast a weekly pity party talking himself down from a ledge?

We all can't have the same listening habits as you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Peqouds
Larry crying about his times at NBC Chicago which ended this week. I think he got stoned before he started. Most depressing human being ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeUiRVtP6Oo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:41 am 

brucester001 wrote:
Larry crying about his times at NBC Chicago which ended this week. I think he got stoned before he started. Most depressing human being ever.

"I've done tv for the last 15 years"

Honestly, that is news to a lot of people, even one's who kind of follow your career.

Really, this is filled with Sir at his best. "Had to flex his muscles a little bit" after being a fill in for super bowl coverage. "I know a lot of people".

"I'm not just local", this while filling on a hyper local cable station as a fill in for a guy who had last minute maternity leave.

I have a good time once in a while posting about his earnings, but I really wonder what these guys make cobbling together bits and pieces of work into a career.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:42 am 

so needy. like a teenage girl

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:53 am 

Larry is at his absolute best, for a listener, when talking about Larry. I mean that sincerely

"I won't jump on back on tv, just for being on tv sake." What do you think the last 15 years of tv work have been?

also, notice that he pulls his signature move, he is going to take some time off and take his name off of consideration for offers.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:04 am 

brucester001 wrote:

:lol: This is great, love the pictures of him doing "TV" on the wall behind him. He must absolutely be crushed Parkins got a National TV Gig.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Sarge wrote:
brucester001 wrote:

:lol: This is great, love the pictures of him doing "TV" on the wall behind him. He must absolutely be crushed Parkins got a National TV Gig.

Nah, he'd have to leave his momma. My favorite brag of his is the being a solid alumnus of Alabama with his online masters.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:18 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Larry is at his absolute best, for a listener, when talking about Larry. I mean that sincerely

"I won't jump on back on tv, just for being on tv sake." What do you think the last 15 years of tv work have been?

also, notice that he pulls his signature move, he is going to take some time off and take his name off of consideration for offers.

He isn't a joy, but he's far from a monster. The guy works. He's like a competent Les Grobstein. Major props to him for surviving. So many have come and gone.

I also enjoy his quirkiness. The Score already has a robot. He's on in the morning.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:33 am 

Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

He isn't a joy, but he's far from a monster. The guy works. He's like a competent Les Grobstein. Major props to him for surviving. So many have come and gone.

I also enjoy his quirkiness. The Score already has a robot. He's on in the morning.

He's Les Grobstein or Pat Benkowski but thinks he's much more. That's the fun of Sir on Sir.

He's not even like Chet or Giangreco. Those guys had celebrity, even when local.

He's quirky only in his megalomania. He is robotic as a host, as evidenced by his shows when he is solo.

You have it wrong if you think I hate Sir. The world is funnier with him in it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:46 am 

This is a perfect example: he gives an hour long epitaph to a cable station that always had the budget and production value of local access cable. His big Bears post game was one of about four across the tv, which doesn't include all the other options on youtube and radio.

by the way, he does get to throw out the names of a couple of little sisters he knows will make it in the industry.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:53 am 

Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Oh, I'd say he's a monster. A guy lacking any self-awareness that speaks definitively on everything despite not being well educated or well experienced in anything. A guy who is never shy about turning every single thing back to him, or how he played a role (usually 'key') in whatever is currently trending or whomever might have had some modicum of success. A guy who is quick to lecture anyone and everyone, shifting quite easily to the completely unearned role of wise, grizzled industry vet who needs to step up on the soap box to let someone know how proud HE is of them (and/or to preach to them that they should really take time to appreciate what they've accomplished). A guy who firmly believes that liking comic books whilst also liking sports (and obviously excelling in them himself) is super quirky and surely something people want to hear about on the radio.

The Score has had a rich history of curious host selections - Larry is simply the cockroach that somehow survives the routine foggings. His greatest ability is to (apparently) not hear the haters, as he continues to grind along producing remedial audio content while acting like he's elevated himself to some sort of wise elder. House of L, indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:58 am 

and he closes out with another Larry classic hit from the past "he will fight you, for real, real"

The L in House of L stands for lonely. People usually grown out of what he has by his age.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:03 am 

fight you in the hallway. he is waiting in the hall for you

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:59 am 

Harry Seaward wrote:
Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Oh, I'd say he's a monster. A guy lacking any self-awareness that speaks definitively on everything despite not being well educated or well experienced in anything. A guy who is never shy about turning every single thing back to him, or how he played a role (usually 'key') in whatever is currently trending or whomever might have had some modicum of success. A guy who is quick to lecture anyone and everyone, shifting quite easily to the completely unearned role of wise, grizzled industry vet who needs to step up on the soap box to let someone know how proud HE is of them (and/or to preach to them that they should really take time to appreciate what they've accomplished). A guy who firmly believes that liking comic books whilst also liking sports (and obviously excelling in them himself) is super quirky and surely something people want to hear about on the radio.

The Score has had a rich history of curious host selections - Larry is simply the cockroach that somehow survives the routine foggings. His greatest ability is to (apparently) not hear the haters, as he continues to grind along producing remedial audio content while acting like he's elevated himself to some sort of wise elder. House of L, indeed.

I've talked before about how the board has had a series of chief antagonists: North, then Laurence, then Bernstein, then Julie DiCaro. I think in that time that Leery was our bad guy, he really was at his worst, but he's since mellowed with age. Dressing up in Boston Celtics gear on TV to troll people who liked Ben Gordon was, after all, 15 years ago. Some of his worst tendencies are still there, but it's harder to get as mad at them as we did. I couldn't make the bingo card today even if most of it still applies. He's just not that annoying anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 11:10 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

He's Les Grobstein or Pat Benkowski but thinks he's much more. That's the fun of Sir on Sir.

He's not even like Chet or Giangreco. Those guys had celebrity, even when local.

He's quirky only in his megalomania. He is robotic as a host, as evidenced by his shows when he is solo.

You have it wrong if you think I hate Sir. The world is funnier with him in it.

Megalomania is just insecurities. July is the same but unfortunately for her, it doesn't drive her. She about two inches from the dustbin. Laurence hustles, gives 100%.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next