It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chicago
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2024 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Guys who prefer to piss in the presence of other guys rather than doing it in private are likely the ones in need of an asylum.

I refuse to even follow the silly, unwritten rules of the bathroom. If someone is at a urinal, I will use the one directly next to him, even if there is an entirely empty row that would provide distance. I don’t care if it makes anyone uncomfortable. That’s on them

That’s sociopath behavior on par with lying about an aversion to spices.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2024 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: What??
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Guys who prefer to piss in the presence of other guys rather than doing it in private are likely the ones in need of an asylum.

I refuse to even follow the silly, unwritten rules of the bathroom. If someone is at a urinal, I will use the one directly next to him, even if there is an entirely empty row that would provide distance. I don’t care if it makes anyone uncomfortable. That’s on them

That’s sociopath behavior on par with lying about an aversion to spices.

No it isn't

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2024 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Got into town last night and the city is on fire! Never felt so much positive energy here.

The DNC with Harris/Walz is going to be exciting and a great shot in the arm to the city.

Feels like I’m living in glory days but knowing its glory days!

Let’s go Chicago! Let’s put on a show this week that the entire world and country will envy!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2024 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Brick wrote:

Doesn't this contradict the outrage about the Algerian boxer?

She was a woman but it was wrong that she was fighting against women.

The Algerian boxer is a man.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2024 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
good dolphin wrote:
when did we become so soft? Businesses across the loop are "working remotely" because of a convention that isn't being held within a couple miles of them and protests in parts of the city most the the workers will never see.

Very few have been serious about working since covid. Every minor impediment is now a reason to shut down the office.

The City of Broad Shoulders has become The City of Limp....Fortitudes.

I'm sorry leftism happened to you and Chicago.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:34 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
denisdman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

You ok with Darkside taking a peek?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: John's
HawaiiYou wrote:
Got into town last night and the city is on fire!

Oh it will be, very soon...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:23 am 

Let's have the convention in Chicago!

Chicago, can you do us a favor and tell all of your residents not to be around during the convention?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:27 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Brick wrote:

Doesn't this contradict the outrage about the Algerian boxer?

She was a woman but it was wrong that she was fighting against women.

The Algerian boxer is a man.

The only way this is possible is if everyone is lying, including the ultra-progressive country of Algeria.

But, doesn't that mean you want her using the men's bathroom?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:33 am 

denisdman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

You ok with Darkside taking a peek?

I'm not, not ok.

Michelangelo didn't leave David in a private studio.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:22 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
good dolphin wrote:
when did we become so soft? Businesses across the loop are "working remotely" because of a convention that isn't being held within a couple miles of them and protests in parts of the city most the the workers will never see.

Very few have been serious about working since covid. Every minor impediment is now a reason to shut down the office.

The City and the economy was destroyed because of COVID policy. But at least we saved millions of lives. Oh wait, that didn't happen.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:50 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:

Part of the changing workplace culture is undoubtedly due to COVID. But part of it is also a product of significantly different attitudes towards work among people 35 and younger. Many of them are underemployed, can't afford houses, have parents who lost homes during the foreclosure crisis, have delayed marriage due to being financially unsettled, etc. They have a greater sense of economic precarity than prior generations and have not internalized the same ethos of fealty towards their employers as many older people have.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Part of the changing workplace culture is undoubtedly due to COVID. But part of it is also a product of significantly different attitudes towards work among people 35 and younger. Many of them are underemployed, can't afford houses, have parents who lost homes during the foreclosure crisis, have delayed marriage due to being financially unsettled, etc. They have a greater sense of economic precarity than prior generations and have not internalized the same ethos of fealty towards their employers as many older people have.

Look at Mr Positive here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
the ny post ripping us apart

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

There's more fealty than ever in some respects. Less than ever in other respects.
Union Darkside is in a non-union shop licking balls. He's selling, he's hiring, and he's still out there fixing AC. He sleeps with his phone under the pillow.

I half apologize to Darkside, but the point is this country is either asslickers or rebels. They have been forced into two camps.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 9:36 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
the ny post ripping us apart

White Sox should’ve been the lede.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
We can trash Chicago, but New York can fuck right off. I see they're revolutionizing the garbage industry by experimenting with these things called "cans." Stay outta Chicago business.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:03 am 

What’re JT O’Sullivan’s thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:10 am 

As compared to the Republican run New York City?

Since 1918, there have been exactly two mayors of NYC that haven't been either Democrats or a strange hybrid that switches parties based mostly on what gives them the best chance to win.

Last edited by Brick on Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:18 am 

W_Z wrote:
What’re JT O’Sullivan’s thoughts?

Or Louis Riddick?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
KDdidit wrote:
We can trash Chicago, but New York can fuck right off. I see they're revolutionizing the garbage industry by experimenting with these things called "cans." Stay outta Chicago business.

yeah, no argument. the gowanus, in brooklyn...i understand that cadaver dogs can't be brought within 3/4 mile of it...or, the dogs start doing whirling dervishes and can't do their job.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:52 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

There's more fealty than ever in some respects. Less than ever in other respects.
Union Darkside is in a non-union shop licking balls. He's selling, he's hiring, and he's still out there fixing AC. He sleeps with his phone under the pillow.

I half apologize to Darkside, but the point is this country is either asslickers or rebels. They have been forced into two camps.

Part of my point was that the attitude you describe is far less common in people 35 and younger than it is in people 45 and older.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:44 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Part of my point was that the attitude you describe is far less common in people 35 and younger than it is in people 45 and older.

I'm over 45. When I was just starting out, a partner told me to never be loyal to a firm. You will advance more quickly by moving when offered a promotion outside. I don't think even I grew up in an age where there was devotion to the company.

But there was integrity to performing the work, or work, generally. Post covid seems to have changed the work ethic itself. I'm not some geezer talking about the younger generation. People of every age seems offended by the concept of work itself.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 1:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:32 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I'm over 45. When I was just starting out, a partner told me to never be loyal to a firm. You will advance more quickly by moving when offered a promotion outside. I don't think even I grew up in an age where there was devotion to the company.

But there was integrity to performing the work, or work, generally. Post covid seems to have changed the work ethic itself. I'm not some geezer talking about the younger generation. People of every age seems offended by the concept of work itself.

When you tell people they're non-essential some percentage of thwm will embrace that.

If we could stop working for six months or a year, how important could our work be?

And you wonder why there is a class of people who actually have to work to make society run, most of whom don't earn very much, who want to vote for the most anti-Establishment candidates they can find.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
You’d think more people than TEIA would have voted for open ‘er up DeathSantis then.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Safe slice
Love all the liberal denialism about failed woke policies costing an arm and a leg to taxpayers and producing nothing but confusion and moral decay. But when you make your policy platform all about gender non-conforming bathrooms and maternity leave for men than whaddya expect.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:52 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
You’d think more people than TEIA would have voted for open ‘er up DeathSantis then.

I’m voting for him again twice as hard this November.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

When you tell people they're non-essential some percentage of thwm will embrace that.

If we could stop working for six months or a year, how important could our work be?

And you wonder why there is a class of people who actually have to work to make society run, most of whom don't earn very much, who want to vote for the most anti-Establishment candidates they can find.

A guy I know works for a robotics company doing field service/sales. I know he also goes to college career days to recruit for his company. I asked him, because I wondered, if recent grads ask about working from home. He told me most of them do and he just looks at them with a blank stare saying "this job is service/sales. How are you going to build a book of customers working from home? I have 20 years worth of a book of clients and I work from home maybe one day a week." He said they offer $60k/yr right out of college, car allowance, plus commissions, and most students roll their eyes and walk away.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
KDdidit wrote:

They definitely wouldn't vote for the candidate who made them stop working while he hid in a bunker.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next