It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2024 6:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Seems Mike Norvell's seat is pretty warm after FSU shitting the bed against the Rambling Wreck.

Deion Sanders appears to be wearing out his welcome, do love that one of the columnists called him, "The Bruce Lee of BS".

Seeing several stories about Ryan Day's record over the past few seasons.

Whoever manages the White Sox, Jerry won't fire himself.

Would add local hero (well at least according to Hard Knocks) Matt Eberflus, a slow start will cause major angst amongst Bears fans.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2024 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: What??
You gotta love the the 4 decade long Bruce Lee argument.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:10 pm 

Reading that the incredibly odd Dabo Sweeney is avoiding calls from irate fans on his show.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2024 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Clawmaster wrote:
Reading that the incredibly odd Dabo Sweeney is avoiding calls from irate fans on his show.

https://sports.yahoo.com/dabo-swinney-n ... 23753.html

:lol:

Quote:
The decision follows a terse exchange last October between Swinney and a radio caller ("Tyler from Spartanburg") who questioned why Swinney was earning more than $11 million a year in salary. The Tigers were 4-4 at the time and had just lost to NC State.

"You make $11.5 million a year. That's second in college football if I'm not mistaken. I'm curious why that salary has led to a 4-4 record,” Tyler said before going on to add, "After that 2018 national title, something changed. There seems to be a lot of arrogance that came in. There's a lot of friends and family. Three of the 10 on-the-field football coaches are external, experienced hires. Everyone else was an internal hire that had no experience before or was a former player or friend. So, I'm curious, why are we paying you $11.5 million to go 4-4? And it's not just this year. It’s just been the refusal to accept..."

Swinney jumped in to cut off "Tyler" and proceeded to go on a fiery, minutes-long tirade.

"I've listened to enough of you, Tyler. You can have all your opinions all you want. I don't know how old you are, don't really care. But let me tell you something, we won 11 games last year. And you're part of the problem, to be honest with you. Because that is part of the problem. It’s people like you, that all you do… the expectation is greater than the appreciation. And that’s the problem."

Swinney went on to refer to the caller as "some smart-ass kid."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Clawmaster wrote:
Seems Mike Norvell's seat is pretty warm after FSU shitting the bed against the Rambling Wreck.

Deion Sanders appears to be wearing out his welcome, do love that one of the columnists called him, "The Bruce Lee of BS".

Seeing several stories about Ryan Day's record over the past few seasons.

Whoever manages the White Sox, Jerry won't fire himself.

Would add local hero (well at least according to Hard Knocks) Matt Eberflus, a slow start will cause major angst amongst Bears fans.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 6:34 am 

a retard wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

https://sports.yahoo.com/dabo-swinney-n ... 23753.html

:lol:

Quote:
The decision follows a terse exchange last October between Swinney and a radio caller ("Tyler from Spartanburg") who questioned why Swinney was earning more than $11 million a year in salary. The Tigers were 4-4 at the time and had just lost to NC State.

"You make $11.5 million a year. That's second in college football if I'm not mistaken. I'm curious why that salary has led to a 4-4 record,” Tyler said before going on to add, "After that 2018 national title, something changed. There seems to be a lot of arrogance that came in. There's a lot of friends and family. Three of the 10 on-the-field football coaches are external, experienced hires. Everyone else was an internal hire that had no experience before or was a former player or friend. So, I'm curious, why are we paying you $11.5 million to go 4-4? And it's not just this year. It’s just been the refusal to accept..."

Swinney jumped in to cut off "Tyler" and proceeded to go on a fiery, minutes-long tirade.

"I've listened to enough of you, Tyler. You can have all your opinions all you want. I don't know how old you are, don't really care. But let me tell you something, we won 11 games last year. And you're part of the problem, to be honest with you. Because that is part of the problem. It’s people like you, that all you do… the expectation is greater than the appreciation. And that’s the problem."

Swinney went on to refer to the caller as "some smart-ass kid."

Reminds one of the legendary Neil from Northlake triggering Ditka back in the day. Too bad we cannot get that from our local sports yakkers anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:06 am 

Clemson fans seem to think they had a program that was anything but an afterthought in the last 30 years before Swinney. It just returned to its rightful place but they had a great decade. It's like current Miami Hurricanes fans.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
good dolphin wrote:
Clemson fans seem to think they had a program that was anything but an afterthought in the last 30 years before Swinney. It just returned to its rightful place but they had a great decade. It's like current Miami Hurricanes fans.

I heard a stat today that four D1 teams enter the season with zero transfers on their rosters: the three service academies and Clemson.

There’s no reason they couldn’t have a guaranteed playoff spot each year given the state of ACC football. Dabo is too stubborn for the current game.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
who is Shakira ?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:14 pm 

Bagels wrote:
who is Shakira ?

The Claw is many things to many people, but if the Claw is the one introducing you to Shakira for the first time you will quickly realize you owe him a debt of gratitude.

I really wonder what the board did while I was busy this summer....so many uninformed and misguided board members just drifting through life without the Claw helping them navigate.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
I'd like to introduce you to a fire.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:20 pm 

Nardi wrote:
I'd like to introduce you to a fire.

Fire can be your friend or it can be your enemy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:30 am 

Does appear Coach Prime will have a shot to go to FSU if he chooses.

Have to add the Hard Knocks producer to the list after the poorly done reality TV show we have been exposed to for the past month that attempted to make NFL players/execs look like Mother Teresa