It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bears: Hard Knocks
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2024 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I’m not gonna lie…old man Bagent annoys the shit out of me but I can’t get enough of him. I love that people like him exist in the world.

Like the Hawk Tuah girl.
https://youtube.com/shorts/WszjlJf85L4? ... qcn_Q4t-Fy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:51 am 

Nardi wrote:
I’m not gonna lie…old man Bagent annoys the shit out of me but I can’t get enough of him. I love that people like him exist in the world.

Like the Hawk Tuah girl.
https://youtube.com/shorts/WszjlJf85L4? ... qcn_Q4t-Fy

She's an adorable idiot enjoying her moment and is seemingly nice to everyone along the way, like a female Forest Gump.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Thanks to the McCaskey's censorship this season has been reduced to the Ian Wheeler biopic.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:07 am 

Still really odd to me to see a female coach in the NFL.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: John's
RFDC wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Clawmaster wrote:
Hard Knocks does prove that the BS you heard from all the Bears apologists about Ted Phillips not being involved in football decisions was a complete lie. It was always cringeworthy when Hub would pull that idiocy with callers, the day Olin checked him on it made for some deliciously awkward radio.

Poles obviously has to run all proposed trades and contracts through Warren, and the team president is in on all hires, so he is in fact involved in all of the high-level football decisions.

That's the same crap Bernstein tried to pull when he was protecting Phillips as his inside source: "Ted Phillips isn't involved in football decisions, he just gives his blessing and controls the purse strings!"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Poles is running the team. Any inclusion of Warren is for show. We see Warren's incompetence on display with the stadium. He's not touching football decisions.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
RFDC wrote:

I thought she was great.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:43 pm 

a retard wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I thought she was great.

She seemed fine. All we really saw was her being a cheerleader and trying to get Wheelers head right.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:25 am 
1000 CLUB

Another garbage episode.

I hate bagent’s dad. Hate the focus on the doctor running back.

In a weird way, it’s good for him that he blew out his ACL. He’s not an NFL RB.

But because of the injury he gets to rehab with the Bears all year and get paid. So he can go to med school while this happens. It’s a win for him.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:40 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!

I think he's awesome, not sure how you can find him annoying. He's just fun.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
shakes wrote:

I think he's awesome, not sure how you can find him annoying. He's just fun.

He’s like a Kelce brother.

I find him hilarious to watch in his element, but the screaming, look-at-me schtick at all times has a very short shelf life.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2024 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Hope there's an X rated version next year.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nas wrote:
Poles is running the team. Any inclusion of Warren is for show. We see Warren's incompetence on display with the stadium. He's not touching football decisions.

Thanks Hub!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Nas wrote:

Warren is definitely the worst but.. we also get to see Ryan’s incompetence on display too like offering up a 3rd rounder for a 32 year old defensive end that wants a big contract, or attempting to trade up in the draft chasing a player he didn’t have to actually trade up to get (Odunze) for example.

Poles makes a lot of bad calls too, much more than good GM’s should make -and he doesn’t seem to learn from it either which concerns me going forward. His insistence on ignoring the Center position by not investing higher draft capital on it is particularly annoying to me.

He did a good job putting the Bears in position to land Caleb and Odunze -but he needs to follow up those opportunities with more sound decisions and some patience.

After seeing some video and interview evidence, along with some articles I’ve read, I’m starting to wonder if Cunningham is actually the brains behind some of Ryan’s better decisions. Cunningham has displayed calculated patience and decision making a few notable times, while Poles in some of those moments has come across as impulsive and a bit reckless.

I hope the duo of Cunningham and Poles stays together for a few more years because I think Ian brings a lot of savvy to the table when it comes to playing the part.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

NME wrote:
Nas wrote:

Warren is definitely the worst but.. we also get to see Ryan’s incompetence on display too like offering up a 3rd rounder for a 32 year old defensive end that wants a big contract, or attempting to trade up in the draft chasing a player he didn’t have to actually trade up to get (Odunze) for example.

Poles makes a lot of bad calls too, much more than good GM’s should make -and he doesn’t seem to learn from it either which concerns me going forward. His insistence on ignoring the Center position by not investing higher draft capital on it is particularly annoying to me.

He did a good job putting the Bears in position to land Caleb and Odunze -but he needs to follow up those opportunities with more sound decisions and some patience.

After seeing some video and interview evidence, along with some articles I’ve read, I’m starting to wonder if Cunningham is actually the brains behind some of Ryan’s better decisions. Cunningham has displayed calculated patience and decision making a few notable times, while Poles in some of those moments has come across as impulsive and a bit reckless.

I hope the duo of Cunningham and Poles stays together for a few more years because I think Ian brings a lot of savvy to the table when it comes to playing the part.

I hope you're able to square your strongly held belief that Poles is incompetent with a roster that has been completely turned around in 2 seasons (4 players left from Pace), salary cap space, draft picks, and a roster that is positioned for short-term and long-term success.

I don't have an issue with Poles being aggressive or exploring avenues to get players he likes. I would be bothered if he wasn't doing those things. Getting the player right is more important than being overly aggressive. Your brain tells you that a bargain is better.

Let me know when you give generic good GM a name so we can review their moves over the past 2 seasons.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Poles pulled off one of the best trades of all time. Sure there was lots of luck in how it turned out, but it played out perfectly for the Bears. If Caleb is the guy for the next decade, nothing else will matter. Great QB’s cover up many mistakes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
Poles pulled off one of the best trades of all time. Sure there was lots of luck in how it turned out, but it played out perfectly for the Bears. If Caleb is the guy for the next decade, nothing else will matter. Great QB’s cover up many mistakes.

We don't want to be the Packers and refuse to use first round picks on players who would help our HoF quarterback. Even Brady and Mahomes needed at lest a TE.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:02 pm 

Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

We don't want to be the Packers and refuse to use first round picks on players who would help our HoF quarterback. Even Brady and Mahomes needed at lest a TE.

If the Bears dominate the Packers over the next decade the way they have done for three to the Bears, you and I will be very happy.

There are plenty of weapons around Caleb.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:07 pm 

denisdman wrote:

Hahn made some highly celebrated trades. I celebrated them. I celebrate this one.

But we don't know. We're not paid to know. Poles is either a hero or he's fired. Decent won't be near enough. 9+ wins this year(with this schedule) or Poles is on the hot seat, barring injury. What could make it even worse is if 2+ QBs picked lower have a better year.

I'm not being pessimistic, just pointing out there's a shit ton of pressure. Those first 10 games? Better get 7 of them because those last 7 are ballbusters.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:15 pm 

Agreed. He has won exactly nothing yet. But I feel better going into this season as I have since peak Lovie defenses.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:24 pm 

Poles gets another coach if Flus collapses. He’s safe.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

If the Bears dominate the Packers over the next decade the way they have done for three to the Bears, you and I will be very happy.

I was old enough to have some memories of the 1986 Super Bowl, but they didn't stick. Looking back on that era, I don't understand the Ditka love.

YouTube recently recommended the January 1989 Bears vs. 49ers NFC Championship game to me. The game was played in freezing conditions in Chicago. Mike Tomczak had been the quarterback throughout the playoffs. Instead of sticking with him, Ditka went back to Jim McMahon. Naturally, McMahon wet the bed.

That was a complete waste of generational talent by Ditka. If we had a top 5 to 15 QB of all time for 30 years, and our only real success was beating the Packers, I would prefer death. It's about championships for me. I would take Eli's 5 year run over anything Rodgers accomplished.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

I'm not sure he wants another. He's all in on Eberflus. I'm buying what he's selling too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:29 pm 

Nas wrote:

I'm not sure he wants another. He's all in on Eberflus. I'm buying what he's selling too.

He may be the only man in history who’s actually changed public perception with a beard.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:48 pm 

Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I was old enough to have some memories of the 1986 Super Bowl, but they didn't stick. Looking back on that era, I don't understand the Ditka love.

YouTube recently recommended the January 1989 Bears vs. 49ers NFC Championship game to me. The game was played in freezing conditions in Chicago. Mike Tomczak had been the quarterback throughout the playoffs. Instead of sticking with him, Ditka went back to Jim McMahon. Naturally, McMahon wet the bed.

That was a complete waste of generational talent by Ditka. If we had a top 5 to 15 QB of all time for 30 years, and our only real success was beating the Packers, I would prefer death. It's about championships for me. I would take Eli's 5 year run over anything Rodgers accomplished.

Eli gets the Derek Jeter treatment.

I'd take Eli in a big game, no question, over the gay guy. 'Luck' seems to find guys like those two.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2024 7:43 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

He may be the only man in history who’s actually changed public perception with a beard.

This is a long term marriage.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2024 ... e-imagined

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2024 8:10 am 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm all in on Poles. Three years is NOT a faster rebuild than anyone imagined in the NFL. That's a fairly common time line. BEARSSSSSS!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2024 8:13 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

no one is more guilty of this than the Detroit Lions during the Barry Sanders era. During Barry's 10 year career guess how many first round picks they spent on offensive line men? One, and that was HOF player Orlando Pace and they traded him to New Orleans about 3 minutes after drafting him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2024 8:22 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm all in on Poles. Three years is NOT a faster rebuild than anyone imagined in the NFL. That's a fairly common time line. BEARSSSSSS!

It's been 2 years for a complete gut. You're wrong.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next