It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Titans @ Bears
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Clawmaster wrote:
We will find out if the interior of the O line can handle what should be a steady diet of blitz packages. They obviously will like Simmons one on one with any of the Bears interior guys, will be watching to see how Coleman and Davis hold up against inside power, see the Bears moving the pocket and trying to get the two big DT's moving laterally.

Will be interesting to see if Williams sees the pressures and hits hot reads early, have not seen that from a Bears QB for a while. If he does it could be a long day to the Titans.

We all know that Nas loves Will Levis, but it could be a long day for the prototypical grindy white QB. Loved JC Latham at G or RT, but does he have the feet to play LT?

This is a very important game for Eberflus, you lose here and you are looking at 0-2 with a tough second half of the schedule, that would put a ton of heat on the backside of one Matt Eberflus.

I watched the QB School breakdown of his game against the Saints to see what progress he has made in his development. He was solid but tried to give one away by predetermining where he was going with the ball.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
Nas wrote:
Hussra wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Must win.

I've heard more than one podcast commentator make this claim. Since when is a rookie QB's 1st ever NFL game a must win. Win or lose, it's how he plays the game. If Williams plays well, the W's all bonus at this stage of his NFL career. If shits down his leg and still wins, does that make it any better how he personally performed.

I'm with you on this. There's some pressure for him to play well but it isn't close to a must win.

It's a must win for Eberflus, I will personally be calling for him to be fired if they lose

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

Ricky11Slade wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hussra wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Must win.

I've heard more than one podcast commentator make this claim. Since when is a rookie QB's 1st ever NFL game a must win. Win or lose, it's how he plays the game. If Williams plays well, the W's all bonus at this stage of his NFL career. If shits down his leg and still wins, does that make it any better how he personally performed.

I'm with you on this. There's some pressure for him to play well but it isn't close to a must win.

It's a must win for Eberflus, I will personally be calling for him to be fired if they lose

That just means you already want him gone. I would be disturbed if the roof were blown off the Bears defense, but I think Bearded Eberflus is headed in the right direction. Poles wants to be married to him. Short of a 5 win or less season, I doubt he'll get fired.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Bears should win this game. I’m thinking Waldron plays it safe with a run heavy offense in the 1st half to let everyone settle in before hitting them up in the 2nd half and letting Caleb cook.

Bears easily have the better defense here too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
This is not an overreaction but if you can't beat the Titans at home, you have to consider replacing Eberflus for 2025. I'm not sold he's the guy and I want to pair Caleb with his own Andy Reid. I think you have to target Sean Mcveigh and his explosive offense.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
This is not an overreaction but if you can't beat the Titans at home, you have to consider replacing Eberflus for 2025. I'm not sold he's the guy and I want to pair Caleb with his own Andy Reid. I think you have to target Sean Mcveigh and his explosive offense.

I'm coming around to the belief that a dual education is best. Andy Reid's don't grow on trees. Bearded Eberflus has been supplementing the education Caleb gets from Waldron by helping him understand what a defense is trying to do to him. Belichick did that for GOAT.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
Nas wrote:
Ricky11Slade wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hussra wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Must win.

That just means you already want him gone. I would be disturbed if the roof were blown off the Bears defense, but I think Bearded Eberflus is headed in the right direction. Poles wants to be married to him. Short of a 5 win or less season, I doubt he'll get fired.

After week 4 last year the team looked like maybe the worst Bears team we'd ever seen, that was squarely on Eberflus. So if they come out and lay an egg with this roster week 1 at home against Will Levis and a rookie HC, it's pretty obvious to me he's overmatched and hasn't improved and will not improve.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

It sounds like the Bears are really worried about how Caleb may express his frustrations in a game.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
NME wrote:
Bears should win this game. I’m thinking Waldron plays it safe with a run heavy offense in the 1st half to let everyone settle in before hitting them up in the 2nd half and letting Caleb cook.

NFL DC's tend to have a prove to me you can throw the ball attitude toward rookie QB's, and that is why you will get an early look at Caleb's ability to read the D and take advantage of matchups.

We have to get used to the fact that the Bears are no longer a team that will line up in the I formation and pound teams in the run game. Will be very interesting to see if this will be a professional operation where the QB can identify coverage and throw the ball accurately into the windows that should open up given the skill position guys they have added to the roster. The offense has not been in that position since...well maybe for a short period of time with Cutler where he had the best WR/TE/RB group in Bears history.

The first quarter of this game will be one of the more interesting ones in Bears history as we have not had a guy with this much potential at QB since Sid Luckman.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Bears are playing against a rookie defensive coordinator.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Nas wrote:
Ricky11Slade wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hussra wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Must win.

If the team regresses in wins despite an inarguably upgraded roster, how does he survive?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nas wrote:
The Bears are playing against a rookie defensive coordinator.

Still think they will want him to prove he can throw the ball, will see plenty of blitzes.

You will be able to see if Caleb is reading the D and going to the right checks early in the game. You rarely saw that over the past two seasons as they tended to start slow and struggle early in the 3rd quarter.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Ricky11Slade wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:53 pm 

bears cover easy. may be worth doing -9.5 at +195.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Nas wrote:
Ricky11Slade wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hussra wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Must win.

If the team regresses in wins despite an inarguably upgraded roster, how does he survive?

I would be shocked if they did unless there were too many injuries.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:47 am 

a rookie qb hasn't won an opening day start since 2018

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:17 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
a rookie qb hasn't won an opening day start since 2018

It's like 1 out of the last 18.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 12:32 pm 

I'm fucking jacked! Steve McNair these losers

Bears 42
Titans 3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:16 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
I'm fucking jacked! Steve McNair these losers

Bears 42
Titans 3

The McNair murder was a murder suicide. So "Steve McNairing" the Titans would not be an ideal outcome for the Bears.

Lorena Bobbitt these losers would be better!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:17 pm 

Juiced wrote:
The McNair murder was a murder suicide.

That's only a THEORY at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:56 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Juiced wrote:
The McNair murder was a murder suicide.

That's only a THEORY at this point.

Nah, she didn’t want to share him with his wife.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:40 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
DeAndre Hopkins is trying to play through a full MCL tear that he suffered on July 31 and is very painful. Apparently, it usually takes a full year for the injury to heal, and Hopkins may still require surgery. It's not clear if he is really going to play on Sunday.

BEARS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Tall Midget wrote:
DeAndre Hopkins is trying to play through a full MCL tear that he suffered on July 31 and is very painful. Apparently, it usually takes a full year for the injury to heal, and Hopkins may still require surgery. It's not clear if he is really going to play on Sunday.

BEARS!

That's a terrible decision for going to meetings.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:00 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

BEARS!

That's a terrible decision for going to meetings.

I have no idea what that means.

BEARS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Derrick Rose shout out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:25 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
NME wrote:

NFL DC's tend to have a prove to me you can throw the ball attitude toward rookie QB's, and that is why you will get an early look at Caleb's ability to read the D and take advantage of matchups.

We have to get used to the fact that the Bears are no longer a team that will line up in the I formation and pound teams in the run game. Will be very interesting to see if this will be a professional operation where the QB can identify coverage and throw the ball accurately into the windows that should open up given the skill position guys they have added to the roster. The offense has not been in that position since...well maybe for a short period of time with Cutler where he had the best WR/TE/RB group in Bears history.

The first quarter of this game will be one of the more interesting ones in Bears history as we have not had a guy with this much potential at QB since Sid Luckman.

My belief is more based on the fact that Waldron will want to lather up the O-line and let them settle in more than trusting Caleb with the job. I’m sure we’ll see some shots in the 1st half too, but our O-line is a bit of an unknown as they’ve been rotating with different injuries and so on all off season. I think Waldron will play it safe early.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:27 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Derrick Rose shout out.

Someone needs to think of the children..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hopkins needs knee surgery.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

Pickens and Taylor are out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

BD wrote:
Bears should win this game. I think their defense is the best side of the ball in this game. Both offenses are unknown/questions so I would lean towards this game having flashes of offense, but defenses controlling this.

Chicago 20
Tennessee 16

Except for the flashes, pretty close on the style.