It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tuned in just in time to hear Master Yogi Holmes teach Dan some breathing techniques. Riveting radio.

Larry is definitely an angry elf since his nemesis has moved on, you'd think he'd be happy that Parko is gone.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
"You can call me Dan, or Bernsy. But you don't know me like that."

Wouldn't "bernsy" be a little bit too cozy? Is this like a perceived antisemitism thing? What a weirdo.

Last edited by TriColoredPastas on Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
TriColoredPastas wrote:

What?

He is a cantankerous twat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

What?

Went back just to hear that. What a pud. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:42 pm 

Nearly 2 hours of Eddie on and I haven't PTFB. Longest I've listened to this station in years.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
TriColoredPastas wrote:

Wouldn't "bernsy" be a little bit too cozy? Is this like a perceived antisemitism thing? What a weirdo.

"how dare you call me Bernstein on the Bernstein and Holmes show!!!!"

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
He really got angry about being called Bernstein and offered up “Bernsie” as an allowable alternative?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:01 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
He really got angry about being called Bernstein and offered up “Bernsie” as an allowable alternative?

That quote is verbatim.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs

you have to see the video, it's the weirdest thing I've ever seen on the Score. It's not even instant, he waits like 10 seconds.

it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:07 pm 

Shane is having fun with Eddie there. Not a shock, he gets along well with that crew

Eddie hating dogs is a long running Barstool meme :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

What?

I went back to the Twitch VOD and Bernstein is glaring into the camera on him as his said that. Then he starts fucking nodding as if to say "yeah, I just said that." Gotta believe it's not a weird hangup of his, but he was looking for any reason to settle some Barstool guy's hash for a few attaboys from his effeminate liberal friends. He knew transition was wrapping up and the opportunity hadn't presented itself, so he went with being pissy that called him by his full last name instead of a nickname.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 5:39 pm 

And where would one find the VOD? I mean, I know, obviously, but let’s say there was somebody out there who wasn’t as on top of these things. Where would that hypothetical person - again, not me - go to see Dan go all “meet me in the hallway?”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 5:50 pm 

Tanny replaying it. It's clear that everyone else thinks Bernstein was a twat.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 5:56 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I was in the garage listening to the show and they kept up the “don’t call me that” the whole time. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Peqouds
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

What a child he is. He needs help. I wish Eddie would have cold cocked him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 6:01 pm 

brucester001 wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Eddie and Spiegs were at a remote while Bernstein and Holmes were in studio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 6:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
so wait, the Score is actually in bed with Barstool? My God, I never wish July still worked there more than I do now.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

What?

I went back to the Twitch VOD and Bernstein is glaring into the camera on him as his said that. Then he starts fucking nodding as if to say "yeah, I just said that." Gotta believe it's not a weird hangup of his, but he was looking for any reason to settle some Barstool guy's hash for a few attaboys from his effeminate liberal friends. He knew transition was wrapping up and the opportunity hadn't presented itself, so he went with being pissy that called him by his full last name instead of a nickname.

Senor seems to be aging prematurely and in reverse at the same time, making him look like an elderly nine-year-old.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 6:18 pm 

And where would one find the VOD? I mean, I know, obviously, but let’s say there was somebody out there who wasn’t as on top of these things. Where would that hypothetical person - again, not me - go to see Dan go all “meet me in the hallway?”

You could try the youtube livestream and scrub back, although that's probably over. by now. They might scrub that out on future plays. Lucky for you I have the whole thing recorded so as soon as I can convert the file to something shareable I'll post it. BTW if anyone knows how to upload an mp4 anywhere other than youtube, your reward will be a different scrubbed video featuring parkins losing it at drunk josh lucas off mic.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:11 pm 

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/2243107218

Around the 9:14:30 mark…

It’s tremendously embarrassing. Eddie from Barstool somehow remained calm despite being on the receiving end of a virtual stare down from a 60yr old 140 pounder.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:18 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
brucester001 wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Eddie and Spiegs were at a remote while Bernstein and Holmes were in studio

It was also funny when Dan had to read a promo for that show during his show.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:21 pm 

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/2243107218

Around the 9:14:30 mark…

It’s tremendously embarrassing. Eddie from Barstool somehow remained calm despite being on the receiving end of a virtual stare down from a 60yr old 140 pounder.

Bernstein's body language did him no favors. Eddie comes off as classy, per usual, and Bernstein looks like a huge dick.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:23 pm 

Can someone create a gif of Bernstein's reaction at the end when Spiegs announces himself and "Eddie from Barstool"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:33 pm 

Just watched the video. Someone on the text line must have triggered Bernsie. It took too much time. Like “you’re not gonna let him call you tat are you?” Also that did chuckled and would crush Bernsie in a second.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
You can link right to the time it happened:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2243107218?t=9h14m31s

Oftentimes on this board, and especially with this show, people have imaginary radios and are projecting their own weird grievances.

But this was genuinely as strange as advertised!* The delivery was weird. Like JLN said above, Bernstein was clearly pissed off to have to talk to a Barstool-branded "personality" at all, so was looking for any opportunity to cut down this particular doofus.

I think it's a perfectly valid from Bernstein's perspective to find it demeaning to engage with Barstool. But his actual tantrum didn't make sense. Clearly 'Bernsie' is more familiar so why would he say that would be ok?

But that's besides the point: most of yous would call Bernstein a hypocrite if he played nice with Nice Guy Eddie after trashing Barstool for years, so who you crappin'?

*Weird enough to dig out my password after 5(?) years

Last edited by Reared on the Score on Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:46 pm 

Reared on the Score wrote:

Oftentimes on this board, and especially with this show, people have imaginary radios and are projecting their own weird grievances.

But this was genuinely weird by Bernstein!* The delivery was weird. Like JLN said above, Bernstein was clearly pissed off to have to talk to a Barstool-branded "personality" at all, so was looking for any opportunity to cut down this particular doofus.

I think it's a perfectly valid from Bernstein's perspective to find it demeaning to engage with Barstool. But his actual tantrum didn't make sense. Clearly 'Bernsie' is more familiar so why would he say that would be ok?

But that besides the point: most of yous would call Bernstein a hypocrite if he played nice with Nice Guy Eddie after trashing Barstool for years, so who you crappin'?

*Weird enough to have my dig out my password after 5(?) years

Still a great avatar.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Okay, that was one of the strangest Score moments I've ever heard.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:00 pm 

pittmike wrote:

But this was genuinely weird by Bernstein!* The delivery was weird. Like JLN said above, Bernstein was clearly pissed off to have to talk to a Barstool-branded "personality" at all, so was looking for any opportunity to cut down this particular doofus.

But that besides the point: most of yous would call Bernstein a hypocrite if he played nice with Nice Guy Eddie after trashing Barstool for years, so who you crappin'?

*Weird enough to have my dig out my password after 5(?) years

Still a great avatar.

Highlight of the post.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

But this was genuinely as strange as advertised!* The delivery was weird. Like JLN said above, Bernstein was clearly pissed off to have to talk to a Barstool-branded "personality" at all, so was looking for any opportunity to cut down this particular doofus.

But that's besides the point: most of yous would call Bernstein a hypocrite if he played nice with Nice Guy Eddie after trashing Barstool for years, so who you crappin'?

*Weird enough to dig out my password after 5(?) years

Holy shit ! RotS !!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:39 pm 

Here is Bernstein's face when Spiegs announces "It's Spiegs and Eddie from Barstool"

He was probably pissed that Mitch allowed Eddie on there despite having no clue who Eddie is. Anyone who is familiar with him knows that Eddie is a harmless teddy bear. He's one of the nicest guys at Barstool. He is the type of person who always says nice things about people and would give you the shirt off of your back. Mitch has no problem with him being there as Mitch himself has actually been a guest on one of Eddie's podcasts to talk shop.

There isn't a person in the world who would probably have a bad thing to say about Eddie. If anything he should be more confrontational as it could make for some good radio/podcasting. Instead he is the guy playing referee between WSD, Chief, and whoever they are beefing with during snake drafts.

I get a feeling everything Bernstein thinks he knows about Barstool is probably whatever Julie DiCaro or the ex-Deadspin (now Defector) crew told him so he honestly is clueless about what they really are.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94  Next