It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2024 7:56 am 

Week 0 begins today

I think everyone is playing scrimmages and intrasquad.

Hope @ SICP at 7 if anyone would like to join me at Little Joe's on Taylor St. for pre game.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:50 am 

I heard MC played an instant classic last night against a nationally ranked team from NJ. MC lost on a hail mary. Supposedly lost their qb to injury also

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:56 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I heard MC played an instant classic last night against a nationally ranked team from NJ. MC lost on a hail mary. Supposedly lost their qb to injury also

I watched it. They gave a up a td with a minute left. QB got knocked out, came back after a series and didn't look the same. The NJ team was prep school so they had kids post graduate. It was the first I can rember seeing an MC team being smaller than the opponent. They will run through everyone but Loyola if the QB is fine with ease.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:39 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Friday night lights in Euless last night and the Jesuits lost, but acquitted themselves quite well against one of the top programs in the Dallas area. Game was tied going into the 4th quarter.

My nephew caught two TD passes but was missed wide open on two others.

Bobby Hebert's nephew rushed for at least 200 yards as well

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2024 8:05 am 

The Wolfpack took care of their end of the chicago v. st. louis matchups this weekend. The offense is humming. Once the eliminate the fumbles they are going to be hard to beat, except for the elite. That was a pretty good SLUh team and SICP only punted once, at the very end.

They play the fightin seacrests this weekend at triton. I'll eat the ass out of a johnnies post game.

The ramblers did not hold up their end getting curb stomped by east st. louis. That one had to shake loyola a bit. I think they also sustained injuries. Both teams may end up being state champions in their division.

I respect these high school teams playing good teams OOC. Ignatius' schedule is stacked. They may have a tough time getting to five wins even if they play well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
The Wolfpack took care of their end of the chicago v. st. louis matchups this weekend. The offense is humming. Once the eliminate the fumbles they are going to be hard to beat, except for the elite. That was a pretty good SLUh team and SICP only punted once, at the very end.

They play the fightin seacrests this weekend at triton. I'll eat the ass out of a johnnies post game.

The ramblers did not hold up their end getting curb stomped by east st. louis. That one had to shake loyola a bit. I think they also sustained injuries. Both teams may end up being state champions in their division.

I respect these high school teams playing good teams OOC. Ignatius' schedule is stacked. They may have a tough time getting to five wins even if they play well.

Start a fight at Johnnies for me for old time sakes.

Pro tip, stop at Alpine Sub shop BEFORE the game for subs and potato salad and tell former Freddy Jones Band drummer Rob Bonnacorsi that I said hello.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Pro tip, stop at Alpine Sub shop BEFORE the game for subs and potato salad and tell former Freddy Jones Band drummer Rob Bonnacorsi that I said hello.
It's Rob Bonaccorsi and he played guitar in FJB. Sounds like you guys were close.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:10 pm 
Site Admin

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

It's Rob Bonaccorsi and he played guitar in FJB. Sounds like you guys were close.

???
Teammates on the 2nd best football team in Fenwick history.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Seacrest wrote:
Friday night lights in Euless last night and the Jesuits lost, but acquitted themselves quite well against one of the top programs in the Dallas area. Game was tied going into the 4th quarter.

Yes. Yes. You know what's interesting. The quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons was Bobby Hebert. No "r" which I find fascinating. You know it's Herbert h-e-r-b-e-r-t, Hebert h-e-b-e-r-t. "Hebert" it's a fun name to pronounce. Try and say it Hebert. Take a shot.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:17 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

His sister was a year behind me at SICP. She seemed like a nice person. Some friends from college who went to Fenwick introduced me to FJB's work. One of them was like a groupie.

Alpine closes at 4. My niece's college team is in town at Concordia tomorrow morning, so that may be my stop. It's my opinion that Johnnie's has the best sweet peppers in the eye tie beef game. I want me some of that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:18 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Yes. Yes. You know what's interesting. The quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons was Bobby Hebert. No "r" which I find fascinating. You know it's Herbert h-e-r-b-e-r-t, Hebert h-e-b-e-r-t. "Hebert" it's a fun name to pronounce. Try and say it Hebert. Take a shot.

A-beer...like, hey woman, get me a beer!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:21 am 

someone from the super secret facebook page tell doug it's time to get back in here to talk about high school football

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Warren Township junior running back Aaron Stewart put on a remarkable display of speed, elusiveness and power in Friday night’s season-opening 55-26 victory over Hersey in Gurnee. The 5-foot-8, 185-pound Stewart ran for 361 yards on 30 carries and he had 278 yards and all 5 of his touchdowns by halftime. He had 32 yards on his first 8 carries and then a whopping 235 on his next five.

He won the Chicago Bears All-Star of the week award.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 7:53 am 

You win this time, Seacrest.

I was at Dominican for a woman's soccer game saturday, so I had Johnnie's for a second day in a row. Beef one day, sausage the next. I also went to Massa for a gelato Friday. I really like the place, but they don't understand that you have to serve gelato at a bit higher of a temperature than american ice cream.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:28 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:

I don't follow Fenwick at all. And haven't for years. I hear about the football team from my accountant this time of year, who played a few years ahead of me.

The new principal is the younger brother of a former teammate, who was the captain of the high school All American team back in the day.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:48 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:

I was at Dominican for a woman's soccer game saturday, so I had Johnnie's for a second day in a row. Beef one day, sausage the next. I also went to Massa for a gelato Friday. I really like the place, but they don't understand that you have to serve gelato at a bit higher of a temperature than american ice cream.

I've always found Massa to be a bit uneven. Some of their flavors are surprisingly muted. I'm personally disappointed that you didn't hit up Riviera or Nottoli for a sub. Great spots.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 4:16 pm 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I've always found Massa to be a bit uneven. Some of their flavors are surprisingly muted. I'm personally disappointed that you didn't hit up Riviera or Nottoli for a sub. Great spots.

Another Fenwick guy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:03 am 

SICP with the win over Insane Clown Posse 31-14. Their lowest point total this year is 24 and I don't think they have even played their best yet. Tough game at MC this week. Supposedly MC defense is down this year so it could be a track meet. I give the wolfpack a puncher's chance.

Loyola loses its first game under the permanent lights, on homecoming night. 1-2 right now. Maybe this is a year they can be got.

There are a few of the regular powers with losing records right now

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
JORR was there, checking out the Class of '25 members with the best stroke. He looked disgusting--nipples protruding--in his blue shirt before a packed house. Very very disrespectful.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 5:46 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
McCareins_Fan wrote:
JORR was there, checking out the Class of '25 members with the best stroke. He looked disgusting--nipples protruding--in his blue shirt before a packed house. Very very disrespectful.

It wasn't me. You must have mistakenly been jerking off to someone else. Would you like me to send you some feet pics?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:26 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
SICP with the win over Insane Clown Posse 31-14. Their lowest point total this year is 24 and I don't think they have even played their best yet. Tough game at MC this week. Supposedly MC defense is down this year so it could be a track meet. I give the wolfpack a puncher's chance.

Loyola loses its first game under the permanent lights, on homecoming night. 1-2 right now. Maybe this is a year they can be got.

There are a few of the regular powers with losing records right now

Loyola sucks this year.

The North Shore ninny's are all in a tizzy over this.