It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Nas wrote:
spmack wrote:
When did Nas turn into #BlueLivesMatter?

Sad.

No one hates police who abuse their power more than me. They've historically targeted minorities or anyone they deem as voiceless. That didn't happen here. I'm not going to clap as some entitled asshole tries to coopt the injustices committed against minorities as a cover for him being an asshole. Fuck him!

I get it, I think Tyreek is an asshole to the highest degree.

But what about the treatment of Calais Campbell, an all around good guy, almost 20 year veteran, and Walter Payton Man of the Year winner? He was there as a peacemaker and the cops handcuffed him as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
spmack wrote:
Nas wrote:
spmack wrote:

Sad.

No one hates police who abuse their power more than me. They've historically targeted minorities or anyone they deem as voiceless. That didn't happen here. I'm not going to clap as some entitled asshole tries to coopt the injustices committed against minorities as a cover for him being an asshole. Fuck him!

But what about the treatment of Calais Campbell, an all around good guy, almost 20 year veteran, and Walter Payton Man of the Year winner? He was there as a peacemaker and the cops handcuffed him as well.

I don’t know what the proper response is when a guy’s friends try to get involved in those situations. Handcuffs seem like a bad idea but so does thinking you can roll up to a scene like that and somehow impact the outcome after being told to leave.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:21 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
spmack wrote:
Nas wrote:
spmack wrote:

Sad.

Did Campbell get cuffed? The video I saw had him reaching for his identification and then it cut off.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:22 am 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 142133007/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:26 am 
100000 CLUB

spmack wrote:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/dolphins/2024/09/09/calais-campbell-handcuffed-tyreek-hill-detainment/75142133007/

Fair enough. He shouldn't have been cuffed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:40 am 

Nas wrote:
spmack wrote:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/dolphins/2024/09/09/calais-campbell-handcuffed-tyreek-hill-detainment/75142133007/

Ok, cool. I was getting worried that you've been around these people in here too long and you were getting soft on me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:42 am 

spmack wrote:
Nas wrote:
spmack wrote:

Ok, cool. I was getting worried that you've been around these people in here too long and you were getting soft on me.

:lol: Tyreek and Campbell doing the Lords work and getting spmack out of retirement

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:45 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Police are in a potentially dangerous situation with a highly agitated noncompliant driver pulled over. Hill refused multiple times to follow instructions.They actually de-escalated a potentially dangerous situation putting Hill to the ground and handcuffing him. The cops did absolutely nothing wrong here dealing with Hill protecting themselves and Hill.

When Hill was in the car you are absolutely correct. I think the issue is they still acted like they were in danger of being murdered after Hill was already in handcuffs.

I think "The cop feared for his life" is valid until it's obvious that there is no reason to fear for your safety when the danger has been mitigated.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I would think stopping and sticking your nose in an already escalating police situation that’s none of your business, being told to get the fuck away , to not park where you were and not doing it is a pretty good way to end up in handcuffs .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:49 am 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
I would think stopping and sticking your nose in an already escalating police situation that’s none of your business, being told to get the fuck away , to not park where you were and not doing it is a pretty good way to end up in handcuffs .

One cop told him he could leave. The other cop came and demanded his license. I'm assuming that's the one who may have cuffed him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:55 am 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Police are in a potentially dangerous situation with a highly agitated noncompliant driver pulled over. Hill refused multiple times to follow instructions.They actually de-escalated a potentially dangerous situation putting Hill to the ground and handcuffing him. The cops did absolutely nothing wrong here dealing with Hill protecting themselves and Hill.

When Hill was in the car you are absolutely correct. I think the issue is they still acted like they were in danger of being murdered after Hill was already in handcuffs.

I think "The cop feared for his life" is valid until it's obvious that there is no reason to fear for your safety when the danger has been mitigated.

I didn't think asking him to sit down was too much. He just wanted to be uncooperative because he believes he's above some $50k a year officer. The court of public opinion seems to agree.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:59 am 

RFDC wrote:
spmack wrote:
Nas wrote:
spmack wrote:

:lol: Tyreek and Campbell doing the Lords work and getting spmack out of retirement

Not sure how long I'll be around. I used to post a lot because I had a sit down job and would listen to talk radio all day. Then for about 4 years I had a job that had me out in the field, so I barely listen to sports talk radio now. I feel like a guest in here now, I'm not even sure what's going on.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:15 pm 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

I didn't think asking him to sit down was too much. He just wanted to be uncooperative because he believes he's above some $50k a year officer. The court of public opinion seems to agree.

He was uncooperative. Once the "danger" portion of an arrest is gone then let him be uncooperative and charge him with an extra crime if it reaches that level. I get the excuse that cops enter every situation knowing that a violent response could be coming and they have to treat it accordingly. The issue comes in when that violent response is nullified and they still act the same way.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I watch the "Jail" shows on Peacock. They're various jails across the country. People arrested of all races are brought in to start the jail process. It's made clear compliance is mandatory. After a couple times of noncompliance the arrested are tied up in a chair to immobilize them. Any resistance to this process they're thrown to the ground then eventually tied up in the chair or thrown in an individual jail cell if they're deemed not capable of being with the general population.

The general Joe 6pack hard working people who never get arrested see nothing wrong with this process because it protects both the police and the arrested from harms way.

The safety and well being of the arrested is paramount and none I've seen gets hurt in this necessary process.

Obviously not the same as the Hill incident but similar in how noncompliance is dealt with.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 5:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Imagine having the legal record this piece of fucking garbage has while still remaining employed and having the balls to call for someone else’s job .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:08 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
I watch the "Jail" shows on Peacock. They're various jails across the country. People arrested of all races are brought in to start the jail process. It's made clear compliance is mandatory. After a couple times of noncompliance the arrested are tied up in a chair to immobilize them. Any resistance to this process they're thrown to the ground then eventually tied up in the chair or thrown in an individual jail cell if they're deemed not capable of being with the general population.

The general Joe 6pack hard working people who never get arrested see nothing wrong with this process because it protects both the police and the arrested from harms way.

The safety and well being of the arrested is paramount and none I've seen gets hurt in this necessary process.

Obviously not the same as the Hill incident but similar in how noncompliance is dealt with.

i remember when "jail" was on as kind of a coda for "cops" (i still think "on patrol live" should reboot that epilogue--have it air right after. 11pm-2am would be so delicious.)

"jail: las vegas" was 90% prostitutes getting booked. i thought it was legal there but they were always getting busted for something. maybe it was just drugs.