It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bears @ Texans
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:45 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Darnell Wright sucks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Looked like a Darnell Wright miss on the full frontal assault.

So we’re down to 0.5 guys who might be competent on the line.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:47 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
The offense looks sharp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I 100 percent expected a way bigger Bears loss.

The D is way better than I thought. The OL is EXACTLY what I thought if not even worse, which is saying something.

They keep this up, they will ruin this kid. Ruin him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Clay Matthews would have been flagged for roughing on the last sack. Full body weight landed on caleb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:08 am 

The Bears drafted a QB 1/1, a WR in the top 10, traded for a decade long high performance WR, and returned a stud in DJ Moore.

The whole fucking Bears offense is swing passes. Fuck this.

Every time Williams threw the ball 20+ yards down the field (3 times I think) a Texan caught the ball.

This is Fields all over again. Williams looked great at USC carving up a Cal secondary filled with comp. Engineering majors, when he faces real pros he fucking sucks.

This fucking sucks, one TD in 8 quarters.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:55 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 5:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Game went like I thought it would, plenty of A gap stunts and both OT's getting beat in one on one matchups all game long. This will continue to happen until the Bears show the ability to pick up interior pressures, and the coaching staff, QB, and guys starting at C and G have shown no ability to make those adjustments, NFL DT's and DE's are looking forward to padding their sack stats against the Bears.

The problems on the interior of the offensive line have been obvious for years and Poles did nothing to address it despite having tons of cap room and draft capital, it looks like GM malpractice at this point. His inability to scout, identify, and develop offensive lineman and almost arrogant approach to NFL roster construction where you blow tons of money and draft picks on WR's was exposed last night.

Caleb Williams says he does not get nervous before games, that likely will change after the ass kicking he took from the Texans. He evidently never saw NFL level defensive lineman in college.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:10 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Caller Bob wrote:
How did Poles go into this season with a line this bad?

He seems incapable of evaluating offensive linemen.

The Bears' best player on the line remains the guy he tried to run off the team.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:33 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Way too many unforced errors and penalties. I think the most frustrating thing other than the offensive line is the running game. Nobody seems to be able to get to the second level and lay a block on anyone and everyone is guilty of it from linemen to the tight ends to the wide receivers. I like Swift but wish they would put some of the other guys in there with fresh legs so he doesn't have to take all the pounding. I wasn't expecting the Bears to win this game but for them to play that poorly and still be within a touchdown was a testament to the defense.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:43 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
This may be the worst Bears G/C/G I have seen since before Payton. Jiggetts could start for this team, and he turned 70 this year.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:24 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Joe Burrow took the Bengals to a Super Bowl behind a line of exit stanchions from Paycor field.

Poles needs a roster sommelier: you don't pair a leaky o-line with a QB coming out of college with a record high time to throw and a sack rate on pressures north of 20%. Williams may or (so far) may not be an NFL QB. Someone (Lombardi? maybe, he hates everything non-Belichick) compared K-Mid to another under-sized scrambling QB who wowed fans and scouts with his off-platform throws and ability to extend plays with stubby lil legs....Johnny Football Manziel.

At USC Williams would hang in the pocket for 2 or 3 Mississippi as an NPC and then when it inevitably collapsed he'd roll out and begin quarterbacking the play. Possibly he figured doing that gave his receivers ample time to get extra open and made for easy completions.

Bears could've drafted Mahomes, spent draft capital to move up and take Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky instead. Bears could've drafted Coleridge Bernard "C. J." Stroud IV...and decided to punt on the year in favor of Williams. Maybe teams like the Bears, Jets, Panthers should hire someone to attend the draft, and when they put in their pick for a QB they intercept it and change it to any other QB in the draft.

Still time for the Bears to tank for the next Matty Ice, Miller Time Moss:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:47 am 

pizza_Place: What??
I feel bad for DJ. He may be the greatest receiver under the radar in history because he can't find a QB to get him the ball. Twice last night. Not hard throws.

That doesn't mean I don't give Caleb a pass. His life was in danger constantly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:48 am 

Deforest Buckner is licking his lips today

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:57 am 

just to talk everyone off the ledge

They faced an elite interior DL last week and an even better exterior DL this week. Houston may be in the super bowl, and they were in a position to win the game with under a minute left, while on the road. Despite my meatball W, this was a loss on everyone's pre season schedule look.

They should win the next five games. Next week is a little tricky but I expect Indy to be packed with Bears fans. They should be able to eat Richardson alive. 6-1. It gets harder from there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
Rookie QBs so far
0 touchdowns
6 interceptions

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
good dolphin wrote:
jh Bears fans. They should be able to eat Richardson alive. 6-1. It gets harder from there.

?? Gets harder after Indy?

@ Colts
Rams
Jags
Panthers
@Skins

Pack beat the Colts with a backup QB.

Rams might not have any starters left on offense and Aaron Donald isn't on the team, might not even play football anymore.

Jaguars? :lol: :lol:

Panthers, this one's concerning. Outside chance the league relegates the Panthers after they go 0-for-four--getting outscored 200 to 19 in the process-- and subs in the Georgia Bulldogs in their spot.

Skins game will be fun, Daniels vs Williams. 1 vs 1A. Caleb should be motivated to justify his draft spot and Daniels will be looking to take the top spot in the mid-season Bleacher Report Way Too Soon Redrafting of the 2024 NFL Draft click-bait articles. Bears D too good for Washington to have any shot at a W that game. Williams would have to Will Levis it to lose to the Commanders.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
good dolphin wrote:
Next week is a little tricky but I expect Indy to be packed with Bears fans.

Wasn’t Houston packed with Bears fans?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Once again, about 80% of the problem is the O line. Hard to make throws when you're running for your life or getting drilled from behind. You would think a guy who paints his nails wouldn't mind getting drilled from behind, but Caleb didn't seem to be enjoying himself.

How many false start penalties did the O line pick up? Seemed like at least 1 every series.

This season should be dedicated to not getting Caleb murdered until help arrives on the O line.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:37 am 

City of Fools wrote:
I 100 percent expected a way bigger Bears loss.

The D is way better than I thought. The OL is EXACTLY what I thought if not even worse, which is saying something.

They keep this up, they will ruin this kid. Ruin him.

my thoughts exactly

all three levels of the defense are playing great. The emergence of Dexter, the health of Walker and the trade for Taylor have all made big impacts. Sweat is the straw that stirs the drink.

How can the OL be this bad? They are starting a #1 at RT and a #2 at RG. Another G is a highly paid FA. It's inexplicable to me how they are collectively worse than their collective parts. This looks identical to last year where it was DJ Moore and nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:39 am 

The OL looks worse so far this year than it did last year. Last year they could atleast run block. They cannot do either right now. Which is mind blowing

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:42 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Next week is a little tricky but I expect Indy to be packed with Bears fans.

Wasn’t Houston packed with Bears fans?

yes and I didn't feel it was a huge home advantage for them last night

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:44 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Eberflus trolling vegas now..n

I bought up from 6 and covered.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:

man, if any fucking Bears fan is on the ledge after two games concerning whether or not Williams will be good or how good the team is They should just jump off a fucking building now.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:56 am 

Hussra wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
jh Bears fans. They should be able to eat Richardson alive. 6-1. It gets harder from there.

?? Gets harder after Indy?

@ Colts
Rams
Jags
Panthers
@Skins

Pack beat the Colts with a backup QB.

Rams might not have any starters left on offense and Aaron Donald isn't on the team, might not even play football anymore.

Jaguars? :lol: :lol:

Panthers, this one's concerning. Outside chance the league relegates the Panthers after they go 0-for-four--getting outscored 200 to 19 in the process-- and subs in the Georgia Bulldogs in their spot.

Skins game will be fun, Daniels vs Williams. 1 vs 1A. Caleb should be motivated to justify his draft spot and Daniels will be looking to take the top spot in the mid-season Bleacher Report Way Too Soon Redrafting of the 2024 NFL Draft click-bait articles. Bears D too good for Washington to have any shot at a W that game. Williams would have to Will Levis it to lose to the Commanders.

Read the post again. 6-1 and it gets harder from there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:57 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

man, if any fucking Bears fan is on the ledge after two games concerning whether or not Williams will be good or how good the team is They should just jump off a fucking building now.

It's fun and painful to give your heart away

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:00 am 

I also think this shows how much of a mistake it was to trade Fields for what is still probably a 6th round pick but it's getting closer to the incredibly valuable 4th round pick.

Williams either isn't ready or he's being put in a tough situation with little experience. Fields could just as easily get us 150 yards a game passing and Williams could take his spot in week 6 or 8.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:02 am 

What did Gerald Tonyan do to receive the kind of love he gets from Waldron.

One of the Seahawks podcasters said Waldron falls in love with his grindy lesser players and I think we've already seen some of that with Homer, Everett and an early game plan yesterday focused on Carter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:04 am 

Brick wrote:
I also think this shows how much of a mistake it was to trade Fields for what is still probably a 6th round pick but it's getting closer to the incredibly valuable 4th round pick.

Williams either isn't ready or he's being put in a tough situation with little experience. Fields could just as easily get us 150 yards a game passing and Williams could take his spot in week 6 or 8.

I think Fields wins that game yesterday. I've said all along, I think he is more valuable than a sixth or a fourth. The market said otherwise. I'm glad we have Caleb.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Yeah I’m not on the ledge.. Williams was something like 13 of 14 when Houston didn’t blitz him so Caleb can play the game but this O-line may ruin him if he gets beat on too much. Just ask Kurt Warner what shell shock like that can do to a QB.. he doesn’t even remember his time with the Giants

I’ve been critical of Poles for a while now -specifically over the Center position- but in regards to the O-line in general. It’s so damn frustrating to have to go thru this every year. This team looks every bit of a 4-6 win team right now.

Calebs a rookie QB, so there’s going to be ups and downs even with good blocking, but there’s going to be nothing but downs if the blocking is never good. No QB veteran or rookie can play well like this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next