It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:55 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Justin Fields' passing skills without the explosive running plays.

--Holds the ball too long
--Inaccurate
--Poor ball placement
--Bad decision-maker
--Looks outclassed and overwhelmed

I hope I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Can't say that I didn't try.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:00 am 

The inaccuracy on the few times he doesn't have immediate pressure is what is bugging me. He had a couple of opportunities in both games. His deep ball has been terrible, just throwing it up there and praying

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:00 am 
1000 CLUB

The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Can't say that I didn't try.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:01 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

--Inaccurate
--Poor ball placement
--Bad decision-maker

I hope I'm wrong.

I thought he was great for a guy in his second game in the first half. He wasn't in the second half when he started to push too hard.

First year stats don't really matter but he needs to get better. He clearly played better yesterday than he did the first week though that's not really saying much given how bad he was in game one.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:03 am 

good dolphin wrote:
The inaccuracy on the few times he doesn't have immediate pressure is what is bugging me. He had a couple of opportunities in both games. His deep ball has been terrible, just throwing it up there and praying

I think that's just inexperience. If he's doing that at the end of the year or next year I'll be shocked.

He also doesn't seem to have his timing down with his receivers. I think that will get better too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:03 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

Yes, he's missed on some downfield gimmes that would make everything feel a little better. And those throws haven't even been close. Very puzzling.

DJ Moore seems to think that Williams sucks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:06 am 

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:54 am 

Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I think that's just inexperience. If he's doing that at the end of the year or next year I'll be shocked.

He also doesn't seem to have his timing down with his receivers. I think that will get better too.

I'm not worried, just annoyed.

The defenses his faces start to ramp down a bit now. Colts are good but a step down in quality.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Tall Midget wrote:

--Inaccurate
--Poor ball placement
--Bad decision-maker

I hope I'm wrong.

how many of those change with a good offensive line? I'd say all of them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:56 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I'm not worried, just annoyed.

The defenses his faces start to ramp down a bit now. Colts are good but a step down in quality.

You can make yourself feel better by picking a random "5 QBs I hope Williams is as good as" and then looking at what they did as rookies.

It's tough to be patient and "wait until next year" but like the 8th place in the division Cubs, that is what we have to do with Williams. Maybe we get lucky and he's decent by week 12 and they still have playoff hopes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
What’s frustrating is that he was completely exposed last year at USC but the Bears still sleepwalked through their predraft process without really entertaining any alternatives. These are all the issues that were on full display whenever he played a quality college opponent.

Houston dramatically overrated him to start the game. They gave up all the underneath and timing routes because they were afraid of his big play ability. Once they found out he has no big play ability they shut down the Bears offense entirely. DJ Moore is already finished with him, which is happening about six weeks earlier than I thought it would but it speaks to how hopeless Williams really is.

Now the book on him is that he cannot handle pressure. Couple that with the abysmal state of the Bears offensive line (how on earth was this never addressed despite the Bears having such a windfall of resources I cannot begin to understand) and he’s doomed.

Williams will flail and fail until the inevitable injury knocks him out a month. The familiar process repeats, though unlike Mitch & Fields I don’t think Williams just goes quietly into the night. This one gets ugly in a very public way.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Tall Midget wrote:

--Inaccurate
--Poor ball placement
--Bad decision-maker

I hope I'm wrong.

I already did this TM

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=131686&p=4017803

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
USA wrote:
What’s frustrating is that he was completely exposed last year at USC but the Bears still sleepwalked through their predraft process without really entertaining any alternatives. These are all the issues that were on full display whenever he played a quality college opponent.

Houston dramatically overrated him to start the game. They gave up all the underneath and timing routes because they were afraid of his big play ability. Once they found out he has no big play ability they shut down the Bears offense entirely. DJ Moore is already finished with him, which is happening about six weeks earlier than I thought it would but it speaks to how hopeless Williams really is.

Now the book on him is that he cannot handle pressure. Couple that with the abysmal state of the Bears offensive line (how on earth was this never addressed despite the Bears having such a windfall of resources I cannot begin to understand) and he’s doomed.

Williams will flail and fail until the inevitable injury knocks him out a month. The familiar process repeats, though unlike Mitch & Fields I don’t think Williams just goes quietly into the night. This one gets ugly in a very public way.

tl;dr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
USA wrote:

He's a rookie and has started 2 NFL games. Go back and roll the tape in Peyton Manning's first season. I'm all for torching the Bears organization and front office, but Caleb Williams was a consensus #1 overall pick across the league....it wasn't even a debate.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:36 am 

BigW72 wrote:
USA wrote:

He's a rookie and has started 2 NFL games. Go back and roll the tape in Peyton Manning's first season. I'm all for torching the Bears organization and front office, but Caleb Williams was a consensus #1 overall pick across the league....it wasn't even a debate.

Lots of people were alarmed by his play during at USC last year. It was the Bears who made his selection perfunctory and the media just followed along.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:45 am 

USA wrote:

none of this is based in reality

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Not670studio
This thread topic feels like a Bernstein and Holmes radio session. Any panicking is rooted in holmes style dull "analysis" of a situation that hasn't even been given room to develop. Holmes rise to the afternoon show was the harbinger of the station's downfall. Just check out his thoughts from last week to see what i mean. So glad i PFTB'ed ages ago.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
670isbad wrote:
This thread topic feels like a Bernstein and Holmes radio session. Any panicking is rooted in holmes style dull "analysis" of a situation that hasn't even been given room to develop.

Yup

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: John's
conns7901 wrote:

I realize you can do this for every QB, but both Keenan "On Sabbatical Too" Allen and Rome "Kevin White" Odunze, have dropped TD's right in their hands.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
USA + Dr. Style = MATCH!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:53 am 
1000 CLUB

BigW72 wrote:
USA wrote:

Yes it was.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:57 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
USA wrote:

Yes it was.

the Bears didn't hold a primary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:00 am 

George McCaskey was never going to pass up the chance to draft the first ever black woman quarterback in the NFL, especially at first overall. Whether Ryan Poles even had a say we’ll never really know. Passing on Marvin Harrison Jr. only to take Rome Odunze five picks later is a “Gott strafe Chicago” moment that we all saw coming.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Not670studio
Tall Midget wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
USA wrote:

Yes it was.

I think Holmes stole this guy's password. Williams over Fields was only debated by low information fans like the entire score line up, especially Holmes Leila and un-Bernstein. Even right now on transitions dan is low key intimating Fields would have won the game. So glad the station is out of my life for good.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:06 am 

The Bears predraft quarterback evaluations had the integrity of a Venezuelan presidential election, let’s get real.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:06 am 

The overreactions are comical but understandable given the history of the Bears.

I saw improvement from Caleb in the first half and panic in the second half. His Oline did him no favors and his OC didn't help by not having a hot route available to him to beat the blitz. How many times did you see players streaking downfield when HOU was blitzing! Waldren needs to protect his young QB better in game 3.

Not having a center after 3 seasons is criminal of Poles. No excuse for Sheldon being your starting center.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
When Justin Fields gets sacked it's because he has no "pocket awareness" and holds the ball too long. When Caleb gets sacked it's because the line sucks. Interesting

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:27 am 

670isbad wrote:
Even right now on transitions dan is low key intimating Fields would have won the game. So glad the station is out of my life for good.

yea , out of your life so much you just listened today

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Scoring and QB stats down league-wide

First 2 weeks so far 2024: 63 passing TDs (10 accounted for by Derek Carr and Baker Mayfield)

First 2 weeks of 2014: 78 passing TDs

2014 ~10 QB's were throwing for 300 yds each week, 3 over 350 and a 400 yd game even:

2024 week 1:only 2 300 yard games, low 300's at that:

League average passing yards per game so far in 2024, 200 yards