It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: art of pizza
not gonna go through the whole PR/media blitz here. just wanted to give those who might be interested the heads up on some exciting (to me) news... i have my first "official" release (of a remix) up on Juno's digital site today. the label i did the remix for asked me to put together a chart, which includes my remix. check that out here:

http://www.junodownload.com/charts/dj/5 ... 335-Chart/

if you're interested, i also have a facebook music page where you can hear the full remix as well as some other stuff (and be my internet friend).

http://www.facebook.com/pages/James-Kar ... 1035324229

and my website, which looks neat-o but doesn't have anything up yet

www.jameskartsaklis.com

flame on :bom: :drunken: :cheese: :eye:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:56 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I'm not trying to be a smartass, that comes naturally, I'm just tragically unhip.

So, what is that exactly? You mix together a bunch of songs as a set list of sorts and then DJs buy it and play it at clubs and such?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: art of pizza
i hear you on not trying to be a smartass. i fully realize how ridiculous a lot of this stuff is, especially w/r/t "digital" releases (to really have your mind blown, read up on sites that are trying to peddle "used" mp3).

charts used to be featured in magazines from dj's who'd show off what their favorite tracks were at that moment. now it's primarily a promotional tool for artists and dj's to pimp their own music. i tried to establish a degree of tact in mine by 1. not listing my remix in the top slot and 2. pushing a few tracks that i sincerely enjoy and/or are by friends in high places (that is, higher than mine) who could also use what meager bit of pub i can give them via my chart.

dj's (those who play mp3 and not vinyl) do indeed check out these charts and (ideally) get a sense of what the taste/style of the chart-maker is. good charts (not necessarily those posted on the site i linked) receive a lot of attention. mine will not. it's simply a way for me to say, "this is what i'm into, and way down below there, you can check out a sample of my very first remix."