It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: cheese
3 13 1991 bulls at bucks the game ended on a controversial 3 pointer.been looking for this game forever.good quality only.lets talk about it

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:48 am 

Quite natually, I'd love to talk about it. I was a little tired that game because I like to rest up right before the playoffs to some degree. Understand that Scottie, in those days, would not like to play in the playoffs so it was incumbent upon myself to drag that team to the Championships. I remember Danny Schayes was being a little bitch that game because I would refer to him as the "the skinny white turnstile" and "coatrack", in that nature. It bothered him.

I was upset that Phil wasn't getting Good News in the game more. Good News wanted in and I told him to let Phil know. YOU TELL HIM!! I said. I told Phil, "Get Good News in there. If you don't want to drive this Rolls, then get the fuck out the way and let me do it as is the custom." That was how I conversed on the court in those days, you understand. Good News was the only one that cared at that time. Scottie and Horace were over there passing notes to each other, Cartwright was shaving badly, and Pax was reading or something, I don't know.

Anyway, I took care of business in this game as I tended to do in those days and every day before and after it. I saw Danny Schayes last night, for coincidental purposes. I hung my coat on him when I went into Gibson's!!! :lol: :lol:

YOU TELL HIM!! :lol: :lol: YOU TELL DANNY SCHAYES I SAID IT!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: YOU TELL HIM IF ANYONE CAN FIND HIM!!! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Michael Jeffrey Jordan wrote:
Scottie, in those days, would not like to play in the playoffs

Funny, but I remember Scottie single-handedly taking Magic Johnson out of the Finals with his lockdown defense. Or maybe I was just watching imaginary basketball.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:18 am 

:lol: :lol: Magic was 168 years old. They used to let Charles guard by that time. Even Charles would tell you that. :lol: :lol:

HE'LL TELL YOU!! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:40 am 

Is it called Scottie's town because it hasn't won anything without me either? :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I do have tapes of the clinching game for all six championships. Taped it off of Classic over the course of two days...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:49 am 

City of Fools wrote:
I do have tapes of the clinching game for all six championships. Taped it off of Classic over the course of two days...

Wow, we are similar. I have '91, 92, and '93. I wasn't a Bullz fan for the last three title runs, but rather a Pippen fan. I rooted for the opposing teams in '96, '97, and '98.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:50 am 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Wow, we are similar. I have '91, 92, and '93. I wasn't a Bullz fan for the last three title runs, but rather a Pippen fan. I rooted for the opposing teams in '96, '97, and '98.

It looks like Kid Cairo and City of Fools are having a board Bromance!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:51 am 

I wasn't a Bullz fan for the last three title runs, but rather a Pippen fan. I rooted for the opposing teams in '96, '97, and '98.

So how could you be a Pippen fan and root for the teams playing against Pippen? :?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

It looks like Kid Cairo and City of Fools are having a board Bromance!

In addition to their dueling mults in this thread....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:55 am 

RFDC wrote:
So how could you be a Pippen fan and root for the teams playing against Pippen? :?

I guess it was a personal form of protest. I wanted Pip to leave and go to a team without Jordan. Since that didn't happen, I just rooted against everything Jordan did and rooted for everything Scottie did.

Also, since I knew that most Bullz fans during that time were frontrunners and Jordan fans; and not necessarily NBA fans, I didn't want to be a part of a fanbase like that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:00 pm 

RFDC wrote:

I guess it was a personal form of protest. I wanted Pip to leave and go to a team without Jordan. Since that didn't happen, I just rooted against everything Jordan did and rooted for everything Scottie did.

Also, since I knew that most Bullz fans during that time were frontrunners and Jordan fans; and not necessarily NBA fans, I didn't want to be a part of a fanbase like that.

Hmmm ok. I guess as long as it made sense in your mind that is all that counts.

So I assume you were upset the Bulls won 6 titles, but happy that Pip got 6 rings?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:01 pm 

City of Fools wrote:

the two against the Jazz, even I was starting to root for the Rockets and against the Bulls. Little did I know the Rockets would go win the next two. Watching the '91 finals, and even the '92 finals, the game was so much faster. Nobody looked over to the bench to see the play call, and the ball was sprinted up and down the court, with a lot more dunking. Especially in '91. That's why I loved the Kings so much. Very similar. A healthy Lakers team would have given the Bulls a very good run.
Cairo must be my brother from another mother...and I am not smart enough to have a troll other than my obvious one...the one that has my name in it...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:03 pm 

by the way, I've also got tapes of the Rockets' two clinching games in 94 and 95 as well as DVD's of every single NCAA championship game since 1985...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:07 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Hmmm ok. I guess as long as it made sense in your mind that is all that counts.

So I assume you were upset the Bulls won 6 titles, but happy that Pip got 6 rings?

Bingo.

See, as a young NBA fanatic, I resented what the Bullz stood for. For me, the fanbase and the local media turned it into less of a really good team and more of a circus. The whole "What's Rodman gonna do next" or "What crazy philosophical statement is Phil gonna throw out", or "What does Michael think about this or that"...it all really turned me off.

In my mind, Scottie Pippen didn't represent all that hoopla and pomp and circumstance. He was just a really good player who was gonna bust it playing great defense, rebounding, assisting, scoring, and doing everything he could to win. That's all I cared about. I didn't need the circus atmosphere of the "Bulls experience". And I could tell that most of the fans who were caught up in it would bail out as soon as the run was over...and I was right.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:06 pm 

In my mind, Scottie Pippen didn't represent all that hoopla and pomp and circumstance. He was just a really good player who was gonna bust it playing great defense, rebounding, assisting, scoring, and doing everything he could to win.

Everything but defer to a better shooter :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
MJ and Scottie never won a goddam thing without eachother. There's a lot to be said about that.

You serisously rooted against, or were not impressed with, Jordan's flu-ridden performance in game 5?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
We can recreate it during Hoops @ Hiawatha 2.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:07 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
MJ and Scottie never won a goddam thing without eachother. There's a lot to be said about that.

You serisously rooted against, or were not impressed with, Jordan's flu-ridden performance in game 5?

good acting, I'll say that. I thought he was sick but not nearly as sick as he was giving the impression he was. I thought at the time it was a ruse to get easier shots from the Jazz. I think it worked.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:36 am 

mcmikegriffin wrote:
3 13 1991 bulls at bucks the game ended on a controversial 3 pointer.been looking for this game forever.good quality only.lets talk about it

WSCR has all those old Bulls games from the WMAQ years on cassettes & videos stashed in boxes & drawers. Ask Mike Kessler.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:59 am 
100000 CLUB

City of Fools wrote:
good acting, I'll say that.

:roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:08 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

I'll admit I was impressed. But anytime Michael had the sniffles, the media reported it like he was playing with a combination pneumonia and bronchitus.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:24 am 
100000 CLUB

That particular game was different though. One can act sick, but one cannot act the look he had about him or the bags under his eyes that game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
he had a little PT Barnum in him that night.