It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So McNeil WTF ???
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'd figure Mac would be on explaining how at the drop of a hat he's on the air with all people Dan Bernstein and on the Score and how he felt and if the fire and passion is back and if that was a stepping stone of things to come...

Also , explain the reason behind the shot you took at Harry as some felt (you're detractors in particular) it was uncalled for and a bit cheap on you're part but I found nothing wrong with it and for those who don't listen to the 2 to 6pm show on ESPN (and there are plenty of you) I 've heard Harry take shots at Mac since his departure. They don't like each other and I love the fact there is a bit of edgyness with Mac towards Harry as that kiss ass has rode too many coat-tails along the way and feels his success is on his own .

Fill us in !!

Post subject: Re: So McNeil WTF ???
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:51 pm 

what exactly did MAC say about harry?

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac hinted, in one of his posts, that the summer might be spent being a "fill-in" and weekend host at the Score. I think Mitch is waiting for contracts to expire. He doesn't want to take on new money before he gets rid of old money. Hampton only signed a one year deal. I think Hamp signed in August or September. Keep that in mind. Maybe Hanley's or Mulligan's contracts are coming to an end soon.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Mac hinted, in one of his posts, that the summer might be spent being a "fill-in" and weekend host at the Score. I think Mitch is waiting for contracts to expire. He doesn't want to take on new money before he gets rid of old money. Hampton only signed a one year deal. I think Hamp signed in August or September. Keep that in mind. Maybe Hanley's or Mulligan's contracts are coming to an end soon.

Having seen the Scores ratings and sampled some of the shows the past few weeks it would be in Mitches best interest to blow up every show and re-tool that sinking ship. Put Mac is his old time slot and let him tear a new asshole into the Saloon and you build it from there.

Bernstien has the talent and I like him and Drinky together and get some new blood going and have Terry as a part timer, fill in guy .

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

North's contract is gone.

Huebner and Ofman are gone.

Matt Weber and his $35K per year is gone.

...Steve Stone and his lofty salary are gone.

Sell crazy elsewhere, I'm all stocked up here.

...unless they overpaid for Dan Hampton. He can replace Uncle Fuzzy with OB on Sunday afternoons.

The name's Rockmore. Beef Rockmore

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:34 pm 

Beardown wrote:

You are very close, Beardown. Contracts expiring is the key. You just listed the wrong ones.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Ex-Media Guy wrote:
Beardown wrote:

You are very close, Beardown. Contracts expiring is the key. You just listed the wrong ones.

Uh-ohh,Let me get my "what if" bell!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
Mac, Jurko and Spiegs for the start of Bears season.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
certainly a possibility.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac, Jurko and Spiegs 6-10AM

Mully, Hanley and/or Holmes 10AM-2PM

B&B 2PM to 6PM

Murph 6-10PM

With Hampton on Saturday and pre-post Bears on Sunday.

Make it happen Mitch. I have spoken. lol

The name's Rockmore. Beef Rockmore

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Ex-Media Guy wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Looks like we are awaiting the demise of Uncle Terry.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchinos
Ciminos
I too find it strange Mac hasn't posted anywhere since he was on.

I must be the only one NOT in favor of a 3 man booth.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:26 pm 

Beef Rockmore wrote:
Mac, Jurko (and Spiegs) 6-10AM

You guys are both quick and fast.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:04 pm 

Beef Rockmore wrote:

No thanks to waking up w/ Mac. Why do folks think this portends the end of Terry? No reason to think B&B is going anywhere, except a midday shift.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
exactly.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:09 am 
1000 CLUB

Jalapenos and More wrote:
Beef Rockmore wrote:

No thanks to waking up w/ Mac. Why do folks think this portends the end of Terry? No reason to think B&B is going anywhere, except a midday shift.

Pretty simple Jalapeno and it equates to geeting their asses handed to them by the "Afternoon Saloon" in the last ratings period and the fact Terry seems to be in ill health of late and Mitch seems to be the type to not sit around while ESPN gets stronger.

I agree with many that the Score is horseshit and the Webio thing seems to be catching on so maybe Dan should really look at all options at this point. WGN is looking for a replacement as well and would be a nice fit with Bears and Cubs and Hawks games.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:59 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Beef Rockmore wrote:

I'm beginning to get the feeling that Boers may be in trouble. He has been off an awful lot lately...using up vacation days??? We'll see...

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:58 am 

Cuda wrote:
I must be the only one NOT in favor of a 3 man booth.

I'm with you on that. Just say no to Jurko. He is a completely lazy broadcaster. If you are a guy like Dahl, you could walk in to the studio with no preparation, coming off a bender and be entertaining. That's not true for the big guy.

He needs a couple of lean years in broadcasting to appreciate the opportunity he has been handed.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:27 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
I don't expect he'll be posting much while things are in flux and he's doing spot fill-in shows. No need to aggravate potential employers.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:05 am 
1000 CLUB

Talked to Slappy and he said Mac took Sherri to New York City for the Week so that might be the reason he's been M-I-A . Mac must be guest hosting on the WFAN sports talker in the Apple today . :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:44 am 

Beef Rockmore wrote:

I would tell Terry that he needs to drive his ass to the station everyday or he is out.
Either way I break up the Boers & Bernstein 4 hour shitfest.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:47 am 

STU-GOTZ wrote:
Talked to Slappy and he said Mac took Sherri to New York City for the Week so that might be the reason he's been M-I-A . Mac must be guest hosting on the WFAN sports talker in the Apple today . :wink:

He's going to suck up to that retard Mad Dog to get overnights on Sirius.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:51 am 

JohnKirk wrote:

The shitfest you seem to listen to everyday, which must mean you like enjoy having shit put into your ears, then your brain, and from there it flows down to your fingers so you can write about how much you hate the shitfest you claim not to listen to, but it seems to be the shitfest you seem to listen to everyday, which must mean you like enjoy having shit put into your ears, then your brain, and from there it flows down to your fingers so you can write about how much you hate the shitfest you claim not to listen to, but it seems to be the shitfest you seem to listen to everyday, which must mean you like enjoy having shit put into your ears, then your brain, and from there it flows down to your fingers so you can write about how much you hate the shitfest you claim not to listen to, but it seems to be the shitfest you seem to listen to everyday, which must mean you like enjoy having shit put into your ears, then your brain, and from there it flows down to your fingers so you can write about how much you hate the shitfest you claim not to listen to.

/JohnKirk mobius strip

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:55 am 

JohnKirk wrote:

The shitfest you seem to listen to everyday, which must mean you like enjoy having shit put into your ears, then your brain, and from there it flows down to your fingers so you can write about how much you hate the shitfest you claim not to listen to, but it seems to be the shitfest you seem to listen to everyday, which must mean you like enjoy having shit put into your ears, then your brain, and from there it flows down to your fingers so you can write about how much you hate the shitfest you claim not to listen to, but it seems to be the shitfest you seem to listen to everyday, which must mean you like enjoy having shit put into your ears, then your brain, and from there it flows down to your fingers so you can write about how much you hate the shitfest you claim not to listen to, but it seems to be the shitfest you seem to listen to everyday, which must mean you like enjoy having shit put into your ears, then your brain, and from there it flows down to your fingers so you can write about how much you hate the shitfest you claim not to listen to.

/JohnKirk mobius strip

Kinda like how all the North haters cant help but watch MITM? I guess its like driving by an accident and trying not to look!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:00 am 
1000 CLUB

JohnKirk wrote:

/JohnKirk mobius strip

So Terry is out all week due to chronic ear aches?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
THE WIND SOCK wrote:

I agree with many that the Score is horseshit and the Webio thing seems to be catching on so maybe Dan should really look at all options at this point. WGN is looking for a replacement as well and would be a nice fit with Bears and Cubs and Hawks games.

right...because WGN's gonna pay him good paper AND Danny's going to last more than 10 seconds there before he offends the Cubs ownership...

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:25 pm 

I have a new theory. There is a reverse bidding war. The Score went to Boers and Mac and said that who ever would work cheaper gets the job. Hense the tryout with Bernsie the other day.

Or it's a ploy to get Terry to take a low ball offer.