It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:47 am 
1000 CLUB

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/ ... siness.com

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:02 am 

Radio moves: Buffone to land at Webio; McNeil-WSCR close
Posted by Ed Sherman at 5/29/2009 5:47 AM CDT on Chicago Business

Look for Doug Buffone to land at chicagosportswebio.com. Former Bears teammate and radio sidekick Ed O'Bradovich will join on the Internet sports talk site.

Mr. Buffone recently parted ways with WSCR after a long run at the station. He will be a nice pick-up for Webio. I've always enjoyed his old-school passion and intensity. He and "OB" had the best Bears post-game show in town, especially after a loss. You almost could feel the veins bursting in their heads because they were so angry. It made for great radio.

As for WSCR, you have to think a few of the on-air personalities are looking over their shoulders with the expected addition of Dan McNeil. Talks continue, and it would be a major surprise if it doesn't get done soon. Both sides want this reunion to happen.

When it does occur, there will be a shake-up in the lineup. Will SCR reunite Mr. McNeil with Terry Boers in the afternoon? If so, then where would Dan Bernstein land?

Does Mr. McNeil go to mornings, middays? Wherever he winds up, it is going to cause some dominos to fall.

Stay tuned.

Rika Nishimura is a nude Japanese idol who enjoys the status of living legend. 2004 saw the release of the DVD compilation "Rika, 22 Years Old - A Goddess Reincarnated". Her teen DVDs & books still sell thousands yearly.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
Ed Sherman wrote:
Mr. Buffone recently parted ways with WSCR after a long run at the station. He will be a nice pick-up for Webio. I've always enjoyed his old-school passion and intensity. He and "OB" had the best Bears post-game show in town, especially after a loss. You almost could feel the veins bursting in their heads because they were so angry. It made for great radio.

They were the Pied Pipers for meatballs. Tolerating borderline retarded football opinions from callers did not make for great radio, nor did the "passion and intensity" after years and years of it.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Jalapenos and More wrote:
Ed Sherman wrote:

They were the Pied Pipers for meatballs. Tolerating borderline retarded football opinions from callers did not make for great radio, nor did the "passion and intensity" after years and years of it.

on the other hand, there does need to be some outlets on every station for the meatball crowd...

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: The Bowling alley, where else?
[quote="garo aida"]Radio moves: Buffone to land at Webio; McNeil-WSCR close
Posted by Ed Sherman at 5/29/2009 5:47 AM CDT on Chicago Business

Look for Doug Buffone to land at chicagosportswebio.com. Former Bears teammate and radio sidekick Ed O'Bradovich will join on the Internet sports talk site.

As for WSCR, you have to think a few of the on-air personalities are looking over their shoulders with the expected addition of Dan McNeil. Talks continue, and it would be a major surprise if it doesn't get done soon. Both sides want this reunion to happen.

When it does occur, there will be a shake-up in the lineup. Will SCR reunite Mr. McNeil with Terry Boers in the afternoon? If so, then where would Dan Bernstein land?

Does Mr. McNeil go to mornings, middays? Wherever he winds up, it is going to cause some dominos to fall.

Stay tuned.[/quote]

What are the odds of a threesome with NcNeil, Boers, and Bernstein?

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Big Ern wrote:
What are the odds of a threesome with NcNeil, Boers, and Bernstein?

relatively slim, from what the birds are chirping.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
That would be awkward w/ Mac jumping in to a show that's been running for 10 years. He's going to run his own ship.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:29 am 
1000 CLUB

STAY TUNED was Israel Idonije's facebook message 90 minutes before he signed his contract extension.

I like that closing thought from The Shermanator!