It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

While Nice Mac is great in person and on the board I want some more of the old angry surly Mac more back.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
hawkeye wrote:
While Nice Mac is great in person and on the board I want some more of the old angry surly Mac more back.

He might already be surly given what his White Sox aren't doing vs. the Tigers and on this forgettable homestand for that matter.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:28 am 

1) No sports Jeopardy

2) No talk about bus trips to the College Football Hall of Fame

3) Anytime you mention Terry's last name, spell it out as B-O-R-E-S

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Colonel Angus wrote:
Meatpants, also try to throw in some STP, Queen, Nirvana, Bowie, Metallica and Red Hot Chili Peppers. Lots of choices out there, so mix it up.

No.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:45 am 

Don't let idiot callers get away with being idiots. You don't have to browbeat every moron like B&B or snap at people the moment they say something that even sounds like it might be stupid, but don't let dopes slide. This is the number one reason why I can't take Mully and Hanley. I flip their show on at least once a week, and enjoy the hell out of it, till they punch a button, and then Dino from Cicero starts gushing a torrent of aggressive stupidity, and the most you'll get out of either of those guys is a weak half challenge, almost like they're afraid of conflict with their callers.

Also, I'd like to hear a song parody once or twice a month. If there's nothing newsworthy to commit to music, drag Wanne's World or O'Canadumb out of the vault.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:45 am 
1000 CLUB

Much like Hawkeye, I'd like to see Mackey back atop his high horse every now and again.

Listened to Rush's early work this morning today Mac. Nothing wrong with old music. Anthem and Bastille Day are still fresh in my mind.

That being said, get the bumpers more modernized than than your 60s Alpo music. UFO and Alice Cooper will suffice. ;)

You also HAVE TO have some give and take with David Schuster about his wife jammin' out to Alice Cooper back in the Fall of 2002. ...not to mention her checking out every guy in her vicinity.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Once a month, let a listener in the booth for the last hour of the show. If they're awful, they can be quickly aborted and laughs had all around; if they're good, then it's a flavor otherwise not on the menu anywhere else.

Probably best meted out based on being a consistent listener (some contest-like metric would be implemented which would be another way to pad advertising revenue by pointing to another way the target demos are sure to be listening).

Plus, it would let competent radio marks live their fantasy without uprooting their whole life.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Also, please resurrect the other show's "High Noon" segment .... their "Second Half" hunk sucks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:05 am 
1000 CLUB

Don Tiny wrote:
Once a month, let a listener in the booth for the last hour of the show. If they're awful, they can be quickly aborted and laughs had all around; if they're good, then it's a flavor otherwise not on the menu anywhere else.

Probably best meted out based on being a consistent listener (some contest-like metric would be implemented which would be another way to pad advertising revenue by pointing to another way the target demos are sure to be listening).

Plus, it would let competent radio marks live their fantasy without uprooting their whole life.

Which mult douchebag could this assclown be?? One of Grids new puppets?? Nas?? Gloop, SID one in the same, Woodridge Ryan??? Too many of these no talent dumb posters to not be the same guy. BF ought to douche these guys and put the names out for all of us to beat on.

Unemployment must be at a all time high with morons like this guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:10 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
i just hope it doesn't suck.... :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Barracco's in The EP.
Don Tiny wrote:
Once a month, let a listener in the booth for the last hour of the show.

Oh God, please no.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Barracco's in The EP.
meatpants wrote:
Keep the input coming people, we're right here for you.

Our music is going to be awesome. Mac is pushing the boundaries on the old stuff...we'll have deep cuts from the icons like Zep, Stones, ACDC, Aerosmith. And, we'll have a ton of new stuff...descendants of his archetypal favorites, like Wolfmother, White Stripes, Rage against the Machine, QOTSA, and more.

Plus, your ears will be open to a ton of great indie rock and alt rock from this decade that sounds hot to bring us in...we'll post what we play on the website every day.

The most musical, lovingly produced show in town, period, from day one.

I feel like Meatpants is selling me a used car. Low miles! One owner! The A/C is cooooooool.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:30 am 
1000 CLUB

Tool!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:52 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
Bakerton Group's El Rojo release is one CD full of "beds" that, IMO, should appeal to Mac's antiquated musical sensibilities.

There is also this one song that would be perfect as a show opener. Don't recall whose song it is but the lyrics went something like:
How lucky can one guy be...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

Rumor has it these guys are pretty good:

What kind of name is Tribute Oh Sore Ass ???

The name's Rockmore. Beef Rockmore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:43 pm 

Mac wrote:
Having spend 20 hours on the 6th floor of The Marion Brooks Center the past two days... lemme tell ya about "What's In The Vending Machine?" What an awesome choice of options. The Score's vending machines -- and I used the plural there for a reason -- are second to none.

Do they have Bugles? I love those, and they are not that easy to find.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:25 pm 

I really hope the show is not going to have as much musical content as this shitty thread.

I'd like to see Around the NFL and start it up in training camp.

I loved Ted Sunquist as Mulligan and Hanley's football expert. See if you can poach him.

I'd have a true gambling guy on Friday's in the fall. Not some tout and not for a long segment. Just give me 15 minutes of what he is looking at that weekend. I know it's not his best sport but I bet Coast would do it for cheap.

See if Frank Caliendo can do an impression of Matt Millen doing an impression of John Madden.

Have a pinata of Harry at a remote that we can take a whack at for a $1 donation to charity.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Nino's in Wheeling
Dog Food Friday was awesome. Loved hearing crap music "blown" up

Talk college football. Maybe see if you can get an expert. A guy like Howard Griffith would rock.

Plan a tailgate to a college football game for the listeners

See if Thayer could sit in for a segment a week. He has great thoughts on the Bears.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote="shultzyy"]

See if Thayer could sit in for a segment a week.

Not a bad idea if you could get him out of "Manhandlers" long enough for a sit down.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:38 pm 

shultzyy wrote:
Talk college football.

+1

I know it's not the biggest mover around here, but I for one am ready for (college) football, unless the Sox kids start doing work.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

8) = good dolphin's NFL thoughts and having Coast on.

8) = shultzyy's college football sans howard griffith.

not that keen on the listener in-studio idea but Ed and Vandy were both good...nevertheless, i know a guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
I think Meatpants should have GD over by the studio every time he make a contribution to "The Dolphin-PAC."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
I'm looking forward to 80's NW Indiana football talk. There has been a huge void lately.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
I'm looking forward to 80's NW Indiana football talk. There has been a huge void lately.

Gloopy - it was funny the first time, but you went to the well once too often!

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:27 am 

DegenerateDave wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

Gloopy - it was funny the first time, but you went to the well once too often!

Ok. I'm also looking forward to total distain of basketball, golf talk from a guy who hits 222 yard drives, boating talk, and, of course, grammar talk.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
As we always look forward to each and every thought you type. Your thoughts are so entertaining. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:02 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
As we always look forward to each and every thought you type. Your thoughts are so entertaining. :roll:

Call me sick Spaulding, but when taken in the righ context I think there's a place here for guys like Gloopy and SID.

They are my polar opposite and keep me in check with my sometimes stalkish support of Mac.

I don't appreciate when they take shots at you because I think that's out of bounce, but when I put aside their obvious distaste for all things Mac, they have some pretty funny shots.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
They have gotten a chuckle out of me a time or two. I wish they'd pick those moments and comments a little better rather than taking almost every opening to do so. It's almost always the same material, I'd like a little more variety.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:12 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
They have gotten a chuckle out of me a time or two. I wish they'd pick those moments and comments a little better rather than taking almost every opening to do so. It's almost always the same material, I'd like a little more variety.

I know - the obvious bitterness and resentment is a little too over the top for me sometimes too, but I am learning to live and let live the best I can.

If it gets to be too much, there's always the ignore option which I have considered, but I wait for the momentary chuckles from time to time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:43 pm 

DegenerateDave wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Call me sick Spaulding, but when taken in the righ context I think there's a place here for guys like Gloopy and SID.

They are my polar opposite and keep me in check with my sometimes stalkish support of Mac.

I don't appreciate when they take shots at you because I think that's out of bounce, but when I put aside their obvious distaste for all things Mac, they have some pretty funny shots.

Sometimes?