It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Meet the new squad
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:54 pm 

The production team was finalized Thursday. I'm overjoyed to report to CSFMB that the new show's producers will be my former four-letter word colleague... THE... Affordable... Dave... Miska ....and Jay Zawasky... who's been producing Murph for two years. They both are outstanding technically and that's what's most important to me: make it sound like it belongs on the radio. Opens and rejoins. Drops. Beds. Weaves. "The triple," which is the most exciting play in radio. These boys will put their skills on display early. I think Dave and Jay have the potential to be a formidable combination.

Trying something new this time with roles. Will explain more next week when I've got a microphone to introduce the band. The show does not have an executive producer; it has four executive producers who share the same responsibilities before the show. If Lou Piniella were on the staff... he'd offer an "I like it.... I really do."

All four of us will be checking in here regularly to discuss your thoughts on the show... music... whatever. Our Facebook stuff will explode in the next week or two also. You can get the Score text alert dealio for your cells if you want. There will be many remotes and many appearances, in addition to Spiegel's band's gigs, for get-togethers with boardies all summer. Technology and grass roots promotions working together in perfect synchronization. As Jimmy Conway said to Henry Hill after the Air France heist..."It's gonna be a great summer."

Post subject: Re: Meet the new squad
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:14 am 
1000 CLUB

Jay Zawaski is SOLID. If he can produce the turd with a mustache, he'll rock your world, Mac. Nice steal on TADM, too. Will you have enough red wine and steaks to keep him happy?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:49 am 

Sounds great Mac (no pun intended). I'm glad JZ was retained - he's a helluva hockey fan, and brings great insight with all things Blackhawks, something you lacked on the other side of the glass at the Emily Barr Center.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:14 am 

Thanks for the update Mac, looking forward to Monday.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Mac wrote:
Trying something new this time with roles. Will explain more next week when I've got a microphone to introduce the band. The show does not have an executive producer; it has four executive producers who share the same responsibilities before the show.

Be careful with this style of managing -- it has a bad history in this town.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:44 am 
1000 CLUB

So , for the record we won't have a "What's your Beef" segment and the guy from "Stats Inc" on the program?? :wink:

Save me a table at you're first remote Mackey as Im bringing the old Camero guys from the NU days to break in the new show. About 5 guys with me and Stu and I'll buy the first round for any CSFMB folks who come out along with a Slapshot t-shirt for ya .

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:35 pm 

I would like to comment on this but I am having too much fun typing "I TOLD YOU SO" In the Local media sections regarding CSW.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

newper wrote:
Mac wrote:
Trying something new this time with roles. Will explain more next week when I've got a microphone to introduce the band. The show does not have an executive producer; it has four executive producers who share the same responsibilities before the show.

Be careful with this style of managing -- it has a bad history in this town.

Newper, that is HYSTERICAL! Well played!

Four Exec Producers that share the same responsibilities: Suggest all you want, but stay out of Mac's way... It's The Danny Mac Show damnit!

The name's Rockmore. Beef Rockmore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Should be a good time. Im still debating on going myself.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff got passed up again at the all white Score.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's on 95th and California. It is better than your favorite Pizza.
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm really excited and honored to being part of this show. Just listening to the dry runs we've done, it's some of the best radio I've heard on the Score in years. You guys are in for a treat. I'm very excited, very anxious for Monday. Working with two pros like Mac and Spiegs will be a great experience for me.

By the way...sorry it took me so long to register here. I've always been a reader of the site...and thanks for the kind words about the postgame show. Happy to be here.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
this might be the first time in CSFMB history that every member of a show has been on the board... Good to have you on the board Jay, and feel free to embrace the hockey section! we need more people!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:15 pm 

Welcome Jay, please stay away from beardown.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's in North Riverside. Help me find one on the NW side. I've found good, not great.
It's really the first time everybody from a show has been a contributer here??? Wow. Anyhow, it's been a productive couple of days. It's a solid ball club, and I'm pleased to have been asked to join. Mac and Matt have cracked me up several times in the last few days, and my new partner, Jay, is very talented. You're in for a treat, Chicago.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Rocks and Blows wrote:
Goff got passed up again at the all white Score.

Rocks and Blows = Beardown MATCH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
It in nice to see all members of a show not be afraid to mingle with the hoi polloi.

I am looking forward to some fresh sports radio, Chicago. Good luck to everyone involved.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:27 pm 

Mac wrote:
..... Opens and rejoins. Drops. Beds. Weaves. "The triple," which is the most exciting play in radio. These boys will put their skills on display early. I think Dave and Jay have the potential to be a formidable combination.

Trying something new this time with roles. Will explain more next week when I've got a microphone to introduce the band. The show does not have an executive producer; it has four executive producers who share the same responsibilities before the show. If Lou Piniella were on the staff... he'd offer an "I like it.... I really do."

All four of us will be checking in here regularly to discuss your thoughts on the show... music... whatever. Our Facebook stuff will explode in the next week or two also. You can get the Score text alert dealio for your cells if you want. There will be many remotes and many appearances, in addition to Spiegel's band's gigs, for get-togethers with boardies all summer. Technology and grass roots promotions working together in perfect synchronization.

Jalapenos and more!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:43 pm 
Jay Zawaski wrote:
Just listening to the dry runs we've done, it's some of the best radio I've heard on the Score in years.

DRY runs? Forget that. Ride 'em hard and put 'em away wet, as Hawk would say. Seriously, good luck. I like what I heard on Hawks postgame with Jay. Have fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:47 pm 
I hope you all fail. Heeeeee.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Guest wrote:
Jay Zawaski wrote:
Just listening to the dry runs we've done, it's some of the best radio I've heard on the Score in years.

DRY runs? Forget that. Ride 'em hard and put 'em away wet, as Hawk would say. Seriously, good luck. I like what I heard on Hawks postgame with Jay. Have fun.

Sounds like Dan was hanging with the Irish kid again.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:00 pm 
You know what I really hate, the goddamn Mexicans. How dare they take over the most coveted minority status from us brothers. Shit, they were never slaves, how the hell do they rate? Fucking panderers.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:30 pm 
At least we now have a section, so as to not get jizz all over the rest of the board when the ALS'ers spit instead of swallow.
Paging DegenDave, DegenDave please cum to the courtesty reach around desk...DegenDave...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Jay Zawaski wrote:
Just listening to the dry runs

This just seems like something you might need to take Imodium AD for... AND that Jurko would be the natural guy to talk about it.

That said, good luck with the first show tomorow. I hope the Danny Mac show is a huge and long sustaining winner, here in Chicago, as he was for so long before. I am sorry that the show conflicts with Silvy and Waddle, as I would have liked to have been able to enjoy both shows. But I also understand the desires of WSCR to try to strengthen that time slot, to better compete with that show.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
man I do not know what to listen to tomorrow Mac or Mancow?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

chaspoppcap wrote:
man I do not know what to listen to tomorrow Mac or Mancow?

Listen to the Webio.... maybe you can hear the doors be busted open by the FBI, DEA and SEC simultaneously.

The name's Rockmore. Beef Rockmore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:05 pm 

when were NPC's turned on in this section?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:16 pm 

hah, this is like me playing 'Usurper'. cool!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:55 am 

Mac wrote:
The production team was finalized Thursday. I'm overjoyed to report to CSFMB that the new show's producers will be my former four-letter word colleague... THE... Affordable... Dave... Miska ....and Jay Zawasky... who's been producing Murph for two years. They both are outstanding technically and that's what's most important to me: make it sound like it belongs on the radio. Opens and rejoins. Drops. Beds. Weaves. "The triple," which is the most exciting play in radio.."

In radio what is a drop, bed, and most importantly a triple?
Mac wrote:
If Lou Piniella were on the staff... he'd offer an "I like it.... I really do."

"Lets Not get giggly with this thing now"