It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Gentlemen, THAT is how you respectfully and intelligently say goodbye to a former colleague. Mac just mentioned how Murph got a bit choked up last week and they both gave Murph a lot of respect for his work from the early days of the station. They also smartly asked Murph fans who didn't know what happened to their guy to give their show a chance. This is a much better stance than B&B who have been complete ass bags about it. Love the guys but they've been too over the top lately.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

hawkeye wrote:
Gentlemen, THAT is how you respectfully and intelligently say goodbye to a former colleague. Mac just mentioned how Murph got a bit choked up last week and they both gave Murph a lot of respect for his work from the early days of the station. They also smartly asked Murph fans who didn't know what happened to their guy to give their show a chance. This is a much better stance than B&B who have been complete ass bags about it. Love the guys but they've been too over the top lately.

Not a Murph fan but I agree with you Hawkeye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
hawkeye wrote:

just wait till the 1 o'clock hour, I'm sure mac along with B&B will have their way with murph...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Maybe the whole gout revelation is a ploy to win over Murph's aged and decrepit audience.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
hawkeye wrote:

I agree with everything except for the highlighted part. It wasn't B&B, it was really just Terry. Dan has kinda been guilty by association in all this.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:35 pm 

If Danny Mac had any sense of history he would have at least made a passing refernce to official announcemnt of Murph leaving SCR on the 45th anniversary of THE TRADE instead of the rehearsed blather.

Last edited by Wanderer on Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
Bernstein has piled on a lot before—humorously, too—but he kept quiet Friday. Anyone remember in the mid-1990s when they kept trying to pair guys w/ Murph on the weekend shows? I think Bernstein was one of them during his first days at the Score. I remember Murph co-hosting with Dennis McKinnon, of all people. Man, he gave up quickly w/ actual football thoughts & let Murph's crazy ideas run wild.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
Ernie—Lou Brock

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
hawkeye wrote:

On well, looks like at least one person fell for that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:05 pm 

shakes wrote:
hawkeye wrote:

It doesn't matter if he meant it to me, it was the way to handle this situation IMO. We all know Terry hated him, no need to take so many shots at him

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Think before you talk,words are hurtful & once statements are made they can't be taken back. But Terry doesn't give a rat's ass,that is obvious. I just wonder what he would say to his face. Same thing I wonder about some of the guy's on here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
jimmypasta wrote:
Think before you talk,words are hurtful & once statements are made they can't be taken back. But Terry doesn't give a rat's ass,that is obvious. I just wonder what he would say to his face. Same thing I wonder about some of the guy's on here!

Like you?

jimmypasta wrote:
you gutless Caller Bob!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:15 pm 

Bagels,
Don't bet on it,GC!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
TB Diddler wrote:
shakes wrote:
hawkeye wrote:

It doesn't matter if he meant it to me, it was the way to handle this situation IMO. We all know Terry hated him, no need to take so many shots at him

Murph has quite a few fans, and why anger them just because you want to tweak the guy? In my mind, that's just professional behavior. Edgy is funny, and all like that, but sometimes it works against you.

(And whatever beef Murph and Terry have for each other is probably nowhere near as fun as we're making it anyway)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
TB Diddler wrote:

Hey Diddler, don't ever change your avatar. Please.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:23 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
TB Diddler wrote:

Also, please start posting more :)

Who is that in the avatar?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
TB Diddler wrote:
shakes wrote:
hawkeye wrote:

What's worse, taking shots at him or blatantly pandering to his refugee fans, the ones who are so out of touch with today's world that they didn't know Murph was leaving until they tuned in today at 12? It was obviously not sincere and completely contrived, most likely they were instructed to do so at that exact moment by Score management.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:25 pm 

terry boers is a bitch. i would say that to his face. he's the only one acting like a CHILD. i dont care if dan takes a shot here and there, if you dont like a guy thats fine- say what you gotta say. but dont be a bitch about it. dont be a terry boers.

the b and b show took a serious knock in respect for me today. i really dont like listening to bratty little Caller Bobs, so if CSW really does go away i will have to listen to espn from now on.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:26 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
shakes wrote:
What's worse, taking shots at him or blatantly pandering to his refugee fans,

Taking shots at him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
bernsie talking about asshats from SIU. followed by murphs honk honk clip

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:37 pm 

RFDC wrote:
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
TB Diddler wrote:

Also, please start posting more :)

Who is that in the avatar?

When I stole it from another website, when i copied and pasted it said Charlotte Church.

And as an added Bonus from my crack research Dept. I now present the newest video added to may Youtube favorites where it came from

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq-FoLeKaPI

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Maybe the whole gout revelation is a ploy to win over Murph's aged and decrepit audience.

LOL... I don't think Mac would be found guilty of premeditated pandering on that one. funny stuff though Midget.

The name's Rockmore. Beef Rockmore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:42 pm 

my uncle had gout, his description was right on...i can't imagine the pain.

i wonder if murph would've said anything "kind" about mac had the roles been reverse...don't know if murph said anything about mac when he was dropped from ESPN.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:51 pm 

It was rather nice for Mac to be classy like that. Murph was a long time guy at WSCR; and while I couldn't stand him, he still was a founder at the station, and deserved the respect.

I didn't expect Boers to be classy like that, but I did get rather sick of the CONSTANT reminder each segment.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:58 pm 

Mac hinted at some Murph shots coming tomorrow. At the end of transition he said wait til tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Mac needs Murph's 3 listeners. Now with Stugotz, Doug, and spaulding he has doubled the ratings.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:12 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Mac needs Murph's 3 listeners. Now with Stugotz, Doug, and spaulding he has doubled the ratings.

I'm so out of it,I was thinking his show started at 1 despite all the advertising.
I have been critical of Mac,but over all I think he is pretty sharp.
So you can't give him a chance,huh?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Murph really sucked, I hope Mac does well in the slot. I don't get to listen at that time, so I guess I won't be the pain in the ass I was when I had time to listen to the old show.

I know, it sucks. You will all miss my riveting commentary. :lol: :lol: