It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
Has anyone had front brake pads/rotors replaced recently? Any idea what's the going rate? I'm too cheap to invest in a pair of jack stands to do this myself. My guy quoted me $250 while everyone else is in 400-550 range. I'm just worried that his parts are crappy and he won't take my brembo's because his liability policy does not allow it.

Another question - does anyone have a guy who would take and install customer supplied parts?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Coach, since you're a city guy, check out this place around Lake and Cicero...I forget the name but I'm sure I'll drive past them today...I'll get the name and number and PM you later....they changed my front brakes and pretty much only charged for the pads.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Viccinos Pizza in Downtown Glenview.
I just accomplished this task for a 2003 Grand Prix, not supercharged on the front 2 for $152 from Auto-Zone. By brother-in-law can fix anything so i held the lugnuts and threw grease on some nuts while he changed the rotors and pads in about 45 minutes. Each car is a bit different and could get hard to get to which would make the whole process harder. I wouldn't start this task without someone who has done it before and some good tools. The $152 was the middle of the grade parts i think 3 year warranty on the pads and 5 year on the rotor.
Wish he was closer than a 2.5 hour drive away from me but if you can get to him he'll usually fix it. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
I buy any parts I need wholesale and these guys install them for me.

http://www.mccormickauto.com/

On the Skokie/Evanston border....if your current brakes will take you this far....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
buryman wrote:
I just accomplished this task for a 2003 Grand Prix, not supercharged on the front 2 for $152 from Auto-Zone. By brother-in-law can fix anything so i held the lugnuts and threw grease on some nuts while he changed the rotors and pads in about 45 minutes. Each car is a bit different and could get hard to get to which would make the whole process harder. I wouldn't start this task without someone who has done it before and some good tools. The $152 was the middle of the grade parts i think 3 year warranty on the pads and 5 year on the rotor.
Wish he was closer than a 2.5 hour drive away from me but if you can get to him he'll usually fix it. Hope this helps.

he,he...you said greased nuts